375748posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

danjo

Re: Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

OK, which is the more logical explanation!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me think!!

tors

Just quick thsnkyou everyone who has posted lovely yhings on fb about my hair pics, and me being wobbly ad its my anniv of finding my lump tonight. Been an odd day. My dx anniv is 8th march, and i have my mammogram 9th march, and the blumming forum ia blumming shut!!!! Arghhh.

Love to everybody, couldnt have done this past year without you.

V

sandra4

Oh Carol, you have led a sheltered life! Ladycare Magnet, well l suppose it should be called Mancare Magnet! you wear your magnet in your knickers and when a man walks by his zip get attached to the magnet and ladies and gentlemens happen! is that right Kanga! is that why you wear your 'lady' magnet?

Kanga will probably tell you it is to do with the symptoms of the menopause! not true!!

Hugs
Sandra
xxx

danjo

Ok, Looselastic, can you put me out of my misery and tell me what the flipping heck a Ladycare magnet is? I have lived a very sheltered life!

Sandra, if all my hundreds of frogs turned into princes, what the **** would I do with them all? I don't know how Nell managed to take a pic of her frog unless she had been lying in wait for one to turn up. mine all do a dive under water when they see me (no comments, please).
hope your appointment goes OK and Isabelle's too. I have my 5th Herceptin on Tuesday and my first follow up heart scan on the 7th
my anniversary of DX on the 10th, day after Suze, I think.
Isabelle, bet the cat's awake now!!
Sandra, don't pull your hair too hard!!

Saffron, hope you have a fab holiday.

Lesley, your hair looks good. I will try to get a pic of my "new look".

Heather, keep off the Hot Cross Buns. I have no problem, hate the things.
I'm off to the allotment tomorrow, after my poached eggs of course. don't know what the weather forcast is, but going anyway
hope everyone has a pleasant Sunday
love n' hugs to everyone

Carol xx

izzypal

Hello Ladies,
I hope everyone has had a good day.
Sandra, I also got an appointment to see my surgeon yesterday. After speaking to the BCN on Thursday, she sent me a new appointment for next Wednesday, quick or what! At least they don't hang about...
I hope all goes well with your appointment. I have been to work today and am working tommorrow morning just for 3 hours though.
My SIL is moving back to the farm tommorrow, so the gc will be back to staying over twice a week.
I'm having a nice quiet night after having a busy week off work, went back for a rest today!!
Thinking of everyone,
hugs and best wishes,

Isabelle xxx

ps. just heard a thud on the floor, the cat was asleep on top of the settee and fell off!!lol xxx

sandra4

Kanga, funny l thought Nells 'frog' looked like a rat!! think our Nell is having us on, or perhaps she needs glasses and she has rats!! cute rat Nell!! it probably jumped and she thought it was a frog! but we all know rats jump, eh Kanga!

Now what were you saying about my frog? might not be a handsome prince, but a prince he is!!

Yes the 101 dalmations did make sense Kanga!!!! about as much sense as you make Lol!! but we wouldn't have you any other way!
and l took the prickly fruit with a pinch of salt! tastes far nicer Lol!

My surgeon appointment is on the 15th March, might give the bcn a ring on Monday for a chat!!

Hoovering still waiting to be done, so instead of sitting on my backside on the laptop and phone l will do some hoovering, although without my glasses it looks clean!!

Hugs to all and those 'missing' at the moment, thinking of you all

Sandra xxx

PS. meant to say Kanga, when you are washing the knives do they not all 'shoot' towards your tummy? can imagine you walking in the kitchen and all these knives come at you! Umm giving your OH thoughts!!!

jackwagstaff

Gosh my eyes must be bad , I thought your little frog was a rat Nell , got rats on the brain ! Do you know what else they ate through , my plastic bag out of the "oven pride " oven cleaner kit . Me , being a bit tight , I wanted to use half and then use the other half instead of using all the product at one time , I mean the stuff is expensive , 7.95 over here . So I put the plastic bag up in a box after washing it out , went to take it yesterday to clean the rails in my cooker before OH cames back , and there it was it was´nt ! Just bits of plastic . Oh Blow !Anyway , when i did put my glases on it was a really cute frog nell , better than that ugly thing Sandra has come up with . No way will that turn into a prince Sandra !
The "Ladycare magnet " is really strong Heather , no chance at all of it coming off or slipping out . In fact I think it´s the strengh of that that pulling my knickers down and loosening the elastic , ( definately not the etra weight !) Shopping trolleys come towards me , I´m like the Pied Piper of trolleys , the dangly bit attatches itself to my front , thats how the scissors ended up there, perfectly secure , but looked really stupid !
So you´re off to get some tatoos Nell , hope you have better luck than me , four boring black dots , I wanted a butterfly .
I´m sure you looked lovely for your lunch Lesley , cos your photo is good . I do think that having "got " Bc it does knock your confidence , it sort of puts you apart from others and for a while you feel "different " and not in a very nice way , you just want to be the same as everyone else , but you know you´re not .
Like Saffie and Sandra , I usually stick just to this thread , I don´t go onto the others unless there´s something relevant . I feel happy here with you all and at ease with what is going on in our lives ,with treatment , with OH´s , GC , other illnesses , dogs , cats , rats , frogs . This suits me and my temprement and i feel that you all really are my extended family . I know other ladies are just begining their adventure and I hope if they read this thread they will see that there is light at the end of the tunnel , but that even after BC we still have ups and downs in our lives , that BC is´nt the b all and end all of our lives , mush as it has felt that way many many times over the past year , and more for Heather and Maria .
We are all living proof that there is life after BC , even if , as in my case , it´s a bit slower and a bit fatter and there´s a lot more pills to take than I´ve ever taken in my life !
Talking of pills , hows your indigestion Heather , do you get something from the doctor for it ?
Enjoy your holiday Saffie , will be lovely and hot there now . Where are you moving too ? How long did it take you to sell your house ?Sorry , I´m being really nosey .
Don´t know what soursop is Sandra , the only prickly fruit I know is prickly pear , they are quite nice inside but soo much hassle to getinto them that I don´t bother with them at all , they grow wild here , in fact they´re a buit of a weed. Might be that .Might be a magic cancer cure , the chances of anyone bothering to getinto them if it is the prickly pear would make it a most unusual thing to eat . Perhaps only 100 people in the whole world eats them , and none of them have got cancer . Yet the 101 might , but there is no 101 . Does that make sense ?
So when´s your appointment with the surgeon Sandra ? I see mine every six months and the radiothera`pist and the onc every 3 . I think I´m waiting for a chest Xray next .We certainly become accomplished in whipping our tops off , but we have´nt got nipple clamps or tassels at the ready , well Heather has , say no more . Off now , ironing beckons . Have a good Sunday all ,
luvKanaga

sandra4

Hi Ladies, Lots of frogs around!! think mine might turn into a handsome prince!!

Bit of a shock this morning, had a letter from the hospital with an appointment to see the surgeon! the lady doctor l saw last week said if everything was ok, they would just write and say so, but any problems and l would need to come back!!
Part of me is thinking, she is only there for three months, so perhaps she doesn't know how the hospital 'works' and they like to see everyone to give the results, then l am thinking perhaps the scanman was trying to console me!!! hardly likely! he didn't have to say anything! anyway another slap in the face!

Lesley the hair is coming on lovely! mine seems verrrryyyyy slow! but l can pull my own hair now!

Gill, hope you have a lovely time meeting up with your daughter, have l missed a post somewhere! didn't know she had a liver problem! or is that what you are going to find out. Hope everything is ok for her.

Kanga/Rat, Lol!!! Oh yes vinegar, use it all the time (white) works wonder on the windows and for cleaning the kettle! might even have a bath in it, perhaps it will bring out my sparkle, that l seem to have lost!! not too bad on my fish and chips too!!

Nell, my seroma seemed to go on for ages! so hopefully your physio can 'sort' you out, good luck with the rads. planning on Tuesday,and Thursday? whatever it is hope it goes well for you.

Saffronseed, Mmmm with you on not reading about bc everyday, hence l just save this thread!! then l can just come straight on and not look at others, that sounds so mean, but l know you all understand, need some me time!!
Good luck with the move! are you staying local?
Have a wonderful sunny holiday!

A lady l met while having hiyateardrop phoned this morning to ask if l had heard of 'soursop' No! supposed to be a magic cancer cure!! anyone heard about it? will have to check on the internet later, she thought it came from Africa! seems it is a prickly fruit,

Gc gone away to Pontins for 4 days, so all is quite!! hate quiet!!

Hugs to all, have a lovely weekend

Sandra xxx

saffronseed

Hi everyone just thought I would pop on and say hello long time no see! I have been trying to get on with my life and not turn my back on my friends on here but to try and avoid reading cancer posts every day - I know you will all understand where I am coming from! I do come on and read all the stories though and its nice to keep up with what you all are doing and where you are in your 'adventure'.

I am feeling ok, still a bit vunerable on some days and still have my moments but generally getting on well with my life and moving forward - It is a year ago that I was going through all my surgeries and results etc and whilst it feels a lifetime away the memories are so vivid.

Had my 'all clear' for my yearly mamo which was good and am attending the BCC moving forward programme which I would recommend and have some wonderful ladies there. Off to Canaries tomorrow for a nice week relax in the sun and the house move is going nicely - hopefully should have keys by Easter.

Take care everyone, thinking about you all and again thank you for all your support and friendship during my dark days.
xxxx

saffronseed

Hi everyone just thought I would pop on and say hello long time no see! I have been trying to get on with my life and not turn my back on my friends on here but to try and avoid reading cancer posts every day - I know you will all understand where I am coming from! I do come on and read all the stories though and its nice to keep up with what you all are doing and where you are in your 'adventure'.

I am feeling ok, still a bit vunerable on some days and still have my moments but generally getting on well with my life and moving forward - It is a year ago that I was going through all my surgeries and results etc and whilst it feels a lifetime away the memories are so vivid.

Had my 'all clear' for my yearly mamo which was good and am attending the BCC moving forward programme which I would recommend and have some wonderful ladies there. Off to Canaries tomorrow for a nice week relax in the sun and the house move is going nicely - hopefully should have keys by Easter.

Take care everyone, thinking about you all and again thank you for all your support and friendship during my dark days.
xxxx

mum51

Kanga I love the story and as the saying goes "it's the way you tell 'em". Thanks for the comment been feeling a bit fat and unattractive just lately really need to do something about weight, not put a huge amount on but feel very flabby.
Nell what a cute little frog! We have a pond in the garden and sometimes we get frogs,only thing is they tend to jump when I'm weeding and frighten me. Stupid isn't it but they take me so much by suprise, one got into the shed once I wanted to help him back out but I daren't pick them up, I'm a bit of a wuss really.
Heather- good idea to write things down because we do forget and our children and gc would probably be interested in the things that happen in our lives. Your life always seems very eventful, even if for the wrong reasons sometimes. I remember when I was a little girl my great aunt, who I was very close to, used to tell me about my dad and his cousin when they were little boys I used to find it fascinating. My grand parents all died when I was a child as mum and dad were both youngest in their families and I wish I had something to tell me more about them, with mum and dad parting and everything their is really only one cousin on my dad's side that have any contact with and she doesn't seem to know much more than me.
Off to a friends for lunch, made a big effort to feel and look good to-day but seem to have lost some of my confidence, hope that it comes back soon. Lesley xx

dee49

Morning Ladies

Just want to wish you all a good weekend and hope everyone is well.

I'm still sore and taking the a-b; the seroma is still the same as is the cording but I'm seeing physio on Monday so will see what happens there. I've got my appointment for rads planning on Tuesday too and another hospital visit on Thursday so a busy week ahead for me!

How long after rads did everybody start thinking about going back to work, or actually doing so? I know you can be sore and that but just kind of wondering really.

Jackie, hope Angus is home soon, Matt was in a week when he had it; such a worry it is too.
Heather, have you had a ll your results yet? and your OH MRI?
Lesley Sorry can't help with the period thing as I had a coil in prior to all this and that stopped my periods and now on Tamox.

Right I'm off to join Carol on a frog hunt; we had a few on the patio last night and I was so excited - Gosh that sounds sad doesn't it, what has bc done to us all!!!
Anyway my new photo is one of my little hoppers from the patio...

Love and Hugs to all

Nell xxx

heatheruk

Hi Ladies, well before I say any thing else I have to ask Kanga, why is there a "Ladycare magnet down your knickers lol Hang on I am going to google lady care magnet. Right now I understand, aren't you afraid of it dropping off and going somwhere it shouldn't lol Love the story of the figs the nest and the rats, have the rats gone now? or are they lingering about till you get easter eggs in store lol
Lesley, your hair is coming on really nicely now, it is great when you can stop wearing your wig. I didn't find mine to bad to wear in the winter, but it use to make me all hot and sticky in the summer. You wont need yours now in the summer. I am starting on my next assignment now, I did some reading in the night. I am writing my story, I started it a few years ago after my dad died, there where so many things I would have like to have known about him. I thought if I put down all my little misaps and things that have happened to me, and leave it for my grandchildren.
Sandra, it doesn't take long does it to spend your money. It is my second eldest grandsons birthday on Monday, he is the leap year baby, but his mum always celebrates is birthday on 28th of Febuary. He wants money, I still buy him things to wrap up though, it's not a birthday if you dont open presents. Then it is my eldest grandsons girl friends birthday a few days after. She is a really lovely girl. They have been going out together now for about 18 months, she spends most of her time at my daughters. My daughter and her family are driving to Spain for their holidays this year, and they have asked her to go with them. She doesn't say much, just smiles and says thank you, but then she was sending texts saying how excited she was. My grandson works, and he as got a quite a good job, so my daughter has told him he has got to save, the next night Emma was at my daughters with a £100 asking can you save this for my holiday please. She is doing one of these student things in childcare, infact she is one of my daughters students. I know she only gets £30 a week, so I am going to get her some make up to wrap up, and then get her some New Look vouchers so she can start looking for her holiday clothes.
Isabelle, I would love some more CDs when you have the time, thank you. Hope you had a nice lazy night last night, that is what is good about grandchildren, you have them and have loads of fun, then they go home and you can have a rest. I am not sure which side you and Sandra have got your pains,I had terrible pains in my right side, and they found out it was gall stones, just a thought.Enjoy your Saturday at work lol
Gill, hope you have a great time while your visiting your daughter, it sounds quite an adventure. I hope you manage to get things sorted out for you daughter, it must be a worry with her living so far away. Your another one in our Night Owl Club then, were going to start coffe and biscuit evenings lol
Well I have got realy bad indegestion at the minute, it is really burning in my throat and it keeps Regurgitating all acid in my mouth. I haven't had this for ages, I hate it, I know what it is though, its a bl**dy HOT CROSS BUN yuk and thats all I can taste at the minute. I bought some the other week, and forgot about them, so the birds had a feast. I bought some more today, so I thought I am going to eat one this time, I wish I hadn't yuk
Well all you lovely ladies, I hope you have a lovely weekend, enjoy, and have a rest.
Take care,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxxx

jackwagstaff

ps You don´t look at all like a fluffy squirrel , you look very nice Squirrel , oops sorry lesley

jackwagstaff

What a performance , my poor little steamer ! Thankfully it´s got quite a heavy bottom , ( no comments please ladies .....especially Sandra ! ) so after rescuing it from the bucket , I boiled it up again , but this time I was there , and added quite a lot of vinegar . Looks as good as new . There you are girls , hot tip number 1.

The Rat , The dried Fig And the magic Scissors .
Once upon a time , as we all know , there lived a very naughty family of rats in Kanga´s garage . Despite the fact that a very rumbustuous staffordshire bull terrier, also frequented the garage , ... abreed known for their ratting abilities ..... The rat family lived there quite happily , feasting on their ill gotten gains . They especially liked a good nan on a saturday night liberally smothered in Heinz tomatoe sauce . Daddy rat refused to eat any of the cheaper brands , though mummy rat swore blind he would´nt know the difference .
At christmas , they decided as a festive treat to have some dried figs , "yum yum ", they thought , so they all took one each and dragged them back ....cos they´re very heavy for a rat ...to their nice warm nest behind the boxes of books that Kanga had stacked ready to be sorted for charity when OH b******d off to the UK .
So there was Kanga , merrrily dragging boxes of books around , filthy dirty because of the dust when she spied the remains of the rat family´s christmas dinner . Kanga had wondered where that nice new micro fibre duster had gone . Well there it was ,complete with several left over dried figs and a copious amount of rat poo .
"Nasty " thought Kanga . "I had better get the hoover in here in a minute ." So she carrie on sorting books and making the old boxes secure . Several of the boxes were coming apart , so it was a masking tape and scissor job . Unfortunately as kanga bent over to try and heave a box of books back in line , her scissors dropped . "Oh dear " she said ,"Now where did they go " Oh my word , you´ve guessed it , right down the bottom on top of the nest amongst the figs .
"Flipping heck , thats torn it ! How the beep am I going to get them ." She stretched her arm as far as it would go , but was still just out of reach . So she climbed up next to the boxes and then tried again , yes she could just touch the scissors , but they kept slidding under the bottom box , in amongst the left over christmas fare and the poo . Eventually she got her scissors back ,fairly encrusted but a quick wipe on the old trousers and they were as good as new.
After finishing her work in the gargae with the book bboxes Kanga got out her hoover . "Oh dear , my hoover really does´nt like dried figs , they keep sticking up my inlet and blocking up my hoover ! Not an easy task , but eventually it was completed , and she walked across the track to where one of her neighbours was waiting to speak to her about something .
Her neighbour , a very nice man seemed to be staring at something , but thought Kanga ," it´s probably just because , I look so dirty and dishevelled , not my usual glamorous self ." ( alright , so it´s poetic license ... give a girl a chance ! ) On walking back to the house Kanga suddenly realised what he was staring at . There dangling from the front of her trousers , was a rather grubby pair of scissors , they looked as if they were suspended there by magic . Not magic however , rather the strengh of my "Ladycare magnet " which , as always was down my knickers !!
Have you ever felt a comlplete prat .
All aboard for the Kangacruise !!
lotsofluvKanga X

mum51

Hi Girls, been a little while because had no internet for two days but I'm back now.
Suzi-love Gok and would love to meet him, nearly always prefer his clothes to the really expensive ones although I think that in this series his "high street" prices have gone up somewhat.
Sandra-glad that you are ok but sorry to hear about Bailey poor little guy.
Carol-I'm coming on the cruise too please.
Libby-Hope that Angus is ok and soon home with his mummy and daddy.
Anne-well done with the weight loss.
Kanga--can't wait to hear your story.
Heather -well done with the assignment.This month I'm writing two short stories, a children's one and one more. I have a book that I'm writing but that's ongoing and work on that in between,don't know what I'll do when I go back to work.
Hope everyone will have a good weekend. When is the change with this site taking place and how will it effect us?
We have to hold hands in cyber space and not let go!
Speak soon, Lesleyxx
New pic of me "with hair" another suirrel grey and fluffy x

pina_c

Hello everyone,

My sleeping habits are still not good so here I am!!
Am flying to Germany tomorrow with OH - well actually flying to Basel in Switzerland then walking across the border to France to catch a coach to Freiburg in Germany so three countries!!! Will be visiting my daughter which I'm really looking forward to. Will also be going with her to see a liver specialist on Monday as she still isn't well so fingers crossed.
Have also been into work to try and sort out going back but will have to wait for a decision to be made. I've asked to go back part time rather than return to full time but need to see how it can be arranged and budgeted for. I also asked about my owing holiday entitlement but that didn't go down well with one of the secretarys and she got quite aggressive 😞 Fortunately another staff member came in and listened to what I had to say and is going to check it for me. I've been off sick for 9 months and know that I should either get pay for my missed holiday or the time off. Ideally I'd like to add it onto the end of my sick leave. Oh well will wait and see what happens. I feel relieved that I've been and chatted about return to work but would like to go and shout at the secretary, she just made me feel bad. Grrrrrrrrrr

Sandra, hope you are feeling happier after your all clear. Every ache. pain, lump and bump is a worry now isn't it? Take care of your penny!! Not so sure about your profile picture!!

Isabelle, hope you are keeping well. HOpe your rib pains subside - before BC we'd have ignored all these niggles but now they're all a worry.

Heather, glad you are keeping up with your assignments. Bet it's hard work sometimes.

Jackie, glad to hear that Angus is on the mend. Also good that you can go on a PB course.

Kanga, lucky having a bucket of water by the door!!

Taxi, well done on the weight loss. you are doing so well.

Carol, good to hear that you are enjoying your garden centers and massages

Suze, lovely profile picture

Love and hugs to you all and also to Maria, Vickie, Pam, Lesley and anyone else I haven't mentioned. My brain stops working at this time of night!

Gill xx

izzypal

Hi ladies,
Thanks for the info on rib pain, I think it's just all linked with the rads but at least they keep a good eye on us after treatment.
Heather, would you like some more cd's? just let me know and I'll send you some.
Glad it's been a better day for you with your results Sandra. You sound just like me with your gc we all spoil them don't we. I took my 2 eldest for a hair cut a few weeks ago and ended up buying them a new coat each after their hair cuts, they went home looking like 2 new boys!
Having a lazy night after a busy housework day. OH watching football on telly for a change so I'm playing on here for a while, any excuse.
Going back to work on Saturday for a rest!

I hope everyone has a quiet and peaceful evening,

Lots of hugs to all,

Isabelle xxx

sandra4

Jackie, did l buy them anything? what a question!! spent £88! but today l didn't care!

Isabelle, l have rib pain! mine seems to be in one spot, fine in the morning, but as the day goes on..... l start to feel it! so l am wondering if my bra is rubbing of just the way l am standing!! lol l think Maria also had rib pain, seem to remember her asking her onc about it! not sure how long after she finished treatment!

Everything needs to be checked out!

Thank you for your good wishes Ladies

Heather, nightmare, fancy losing all our posts!!

Hugs
Sandra xxx

heatheruk

Hi Ladies I came on to see if Sandra had been on and she has. Well done Sandra, I am really glad it is all sorted for you and they didn't make you wait.
Jackie, glad I came on because I saw your good news post about your grandson, so happy he is a lot better. Have you decided if your going away for the 3 days, it might be good for you. I am like you, I dont come on the pc at night, or I would be on all night, at least I do some reading. I have finished my CD books off Isabelle, and I have not seen the library van since, wonder if it has been cut, will have to go to the main library.
Isabelle, sorry to hear you are having a problem with scar tissue, at least they are going to look at it, hope youve not got to wait to long. The scar tissue where I had my mx is very lumpy, I have had a ultra sound scan on it, and a core biopsy and it was all clear, but I still keep having a prod at it incase it feels different.
Hey ladies I have been thinking, do you think we will lose all our pages when the web site gets changed, we should probably do a lot of posts in the next couple of days so we get to our 300.
Well ladies I hope I can sleep tonight now my assignment has gone.
Take care,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxx

libby_2010

Sandra that is wonderful news. Lucky penny never let it go. I am so very pleased for you.
Not much in Toys r us for a penny is there? Did you treat them?
Isabelle sorry to hear you still have rib pain. Suze and I both have sore tender and sometimes painful breast tissue I’m sure mine is from rads ( had last one 6/9) so coming up to 6/12 soon. Was told when I returned, in Jan, that all this is surgical scar tissue and rads. I know this is not the same but it goes to show we do have ongoing stuff to contend with. Good that your appt has been brought forwards. I don’t think GPs are generally very well versed in BC matters. Hope all goes well.I am sure you are not a wimp I think we are just more sensitive to our bodies after all we have been through.
Looks like Suze has a lot of company on her cruise.
Kris do you always keep a bucket of water by the back door? I think your rat may have a friend in my garage. I saw something a few evening ago ( silly me I keep a bag of wild bird food in there) It may have been a mouse but I did not stay long enough to be sure. It certainly squeaked.
So there is a job for the week-end get the wild bird feed sorted out lol Any offers?
Love and hugs to all Jackie xx

izzypal

Hi Sandra,
our posts must have crossed, glad to hear it went well today, will catch up soon.

Hugs and best wishes,

Isabelle xxx

izzypal

Hi Ladies,
Kanga, I can always rely on a laugh when I read your threads!!!You cheer me up anytime...We'll all have to join Suzi's cruise just to meet you, you'd be the best entertainer we could get along with Heather that is what a double act you would be...
Sandra, I hope all has gone well for you today, we are all waiting for you to post to let us know how you got on, thinking of you xxx
p.s. so sorry to hear that your little dog is so poorly.
Jackie, sorry little Angus is unwell, it's always a worry when it's the children, I'm glad they found it was'nt brochitis, hope he's bouncing back soon.
I went to the GP for a check up this morning, feeling quite ok. I had some problems with my ribs ( chest pains)a few weeks ago, they were sorted out with anti- inflams. When I went today and she asked how I was I just mentioned that I was feeling much better but I still get rib pain, I think it's off the rads as I was told it could happen, I'm not really bothered about it at present, I think it's just something else to put up with. It's 6 mth since I finished rads, does anyone else still get aches and pains in their ribs? the GP told me to ring my BCN when I got home,my GP says I should'nt still be having problems by now, but I was told when I had the rads that I could get problems with ribs, so I did'nt bother saying anything at my last hospital visit. My BCN has now brought my next hospital app foreward just to check it out. I'm not unduley worried about this but was just wondering if other people still get any aches and pains this long after rads or am I just a wimp!!!
Sorry to be a pain in the butt, thought I'd just ask.

Off to start making supper, will catch up later,
Hope to hear from you soon Sandra,

Hugs to all,

Isabelle xxx

sandra4

Good news for me!

Really nice guy did my scan, and talked me through it, although saying that the other guy was also very good, but got it wrong!!

But this guy said there is nothing there to worry about, said he would tell the doctor as far as he is concerned it is scar tissue!

l will keep a very close eye on it, as l said my ‘cancer’ was under scar tissue! So will make a point of telling the doctor each time to have a good ‘feel’ round my scar area.

Dil and l took the boys to Toys r us this morning, eldest gs found a penny on the floor, so dil said ‘Find a penny pick it up, all day long you’ll have good luck. Find a penny let it stay, bad luck you’ll have the rest of the day’ so l said to gs oh l want that penny, need good luck, no he said l want it, so l wrestled him to the floor, but he held on tight to his penny!!
Anyway when l came out of the hospital, there on the floor was a penny!! So l picked it up and it will be my special penny!!

One of the second gs's birthday presents was a chin bar, son has fixed it up at home, they love it, they swing and do roll overs, hang upside down! Eldest gs told me it is good for his upper body muscles!! All three stone of it!!

Bailey's tablets can only ease his cough, sadly nothing can be done for his enlarged heart! but he is fine and going to live to be 100 like me!

Jackie, Hope Angus is feeling a little better, poor little boy, Mum and Dad must be shattered with the worry! but fingers crossed he is on the mend soon.

Kanga, ok so the rat and fig and magic scissors!! well l think you enticed the rat with a fig, and pretended the 'magic' scissors were to groom his whiskers, then you cut off his tail, like the poem three blind mice!

Gill, good to see you post, hope you are ok!

Anne, well done, you must be so proud of yourself, are you finding it easy?

Hugs and Love to you all
Sandra xxx

jackwagstaff

Sorry to hear about bailey , what a worry , poor little chap , hope everything goes ok for you today Sandra ( notice Bailey comes first !)
Spent ages reading through everyones posts and now have to go as I put some green beans on and I´ve burnt the pan !
I smelt burning , ran like hot snot off a knife , back into the kitchen and have just thrown the pan and beamns out into a bucket of water by the back door , put the extractor fan on and must now go and clear up the mess .
Love the stripper , and the frog , never saw the rocking panda .
Oh I have news about my rat , so when I have time there will be the story of , " The Rat , The Figs And The Magic Scissors ."
luvkanga

libby_2010

Ooh Pam does that mean you have 2 days with your g-d this week? PB have offered me arrive 7/3 and 3 nights until 10/3. Am so pleased you posted as I have been sitting here trying to juggle my diary and thinking no too much on can't do it ie. slipping back into my 'old ways'.You have given me the jolt and the kick up the wotsit that I needed.Have you seen my PM? Thanks for your wise words Jackiexx

Petal5

Jackie so glad that baby Angus is ok. Had my grand daughter over today and they are so adorable aren't they?
Do go to PB if you get the chance. I found the whole three days very uplifting and did me a world of good. When have they offered you?
Sandra hope you have good news to report soon.
Love to all.
Pam x

libby_2010

Hi Ladies Just popped in to see if Sandra had posted I think we all go through each of these set backs with each other don’t we?Thanks for your good wishes. Just got in from work and dil txt me and they are home. Rang and spoke to her father as she was on the mobile to her Mum. Well it wasn’t bronchiolitis as consultant was sure it was and Angus has a cold. But poor dil is absolutely shattered.And off for a wee nap soon.
Heather hope your poems pass muster how talented you are. Its so awful when the pets are ill too. Hope Blueboy perks up soon. Yes we could form insomniacs anonymous if we lived closer to each other. I have resisted coming on to the thread in the wee small hours though.
Carol hope you had a great slap up lunch now you can afford to really, really splash out being mortgage free as Heather says perhaps they will have cards for that too soon.Now why didn’t I think of those big cruise ships having stabilizers. I don’t think you can see too well but my profile pic is of one of the tall masted clipper cruise ships across the bay from where I stayed in Grenada last Nov. The first day I was there we watched the Q. Mary coming in and then turning round took some doing.
Next week we won’t be able to post to each other for a few days as the new web site is being launched although we can read the threads.
I’ve just had a call from the PB centre in Bristol offering me a short notice cancellation. Not sure if I can go yet as I have to re-organise my diary will try to do that tomorrow when I’m next in I would love to go there.
Anne well done 3lbs over a stone already.
Kris I’m with you I have reservations about the security of FB. Fancy half your village knowing all that info.
Well it is a lovely sunny day here so hope the rest of you are also sharing these rays. Love Jackie
PS forgot to say if anyone wants some of my weight loss tablets they are called Arimidex. Sometimes the nausea is so bad I really cannot face food.Only 4 1/2 more years to go lol

heatheruk

Hi Everyone, well my assignment went with 10 minutes to spare lol I sent 3 poems in the end and I had to write a commentary saying why I had written those particular poems. So I am not doing any more studying today, I need a day off.
Sandra, hope everything goes ok today, thinking of you.I hope Bailey gets better soon, these animals are such a worry when you love them so much. My Bobby is so good for me, I can tell him anything and he dont tell on me. I am a bit worried about Blue Boy at the minute (he is my Persian cat) he is 7 but he is acting strange at the minute and his tummy feels a bit hard. He is eating ok, and racing round with Bobby when he feels like itnothing any different, but he keeps meeowing for attention, and he as never done that before. It will be so hard to take him to the vets because he is an indoor cat, when we moved house it was awful, he was so stressed. Anyway just keep checking him. Sandra, I have my own teeth but thats about it lol I have plenty of sticks and my travellator. I said today when I finish my asignment I am going to run down the street naked. The thing is the naked part I could do, it is the running I would struggle to do lol
Jackie, we did cross posts, really hope your Grandson is getting better, your Son and DIL must be so worried. My youngest grandson ended up in hospital with a bad chest, it was really scarey. I am glad there eventually sorting out the abscess, bet you will be glad, I didn't realise it had been going on that long. I think pink streaks would look good in your hair. Yes I would love to come on the Suze cruise, especially if we get to meet Kanga. Snap with insomnia, it is a pity that all of us that suffer with insomnia dont live closer together, if we did we could have evening coffee instead of morning coffee, anyone want a cup lol
Carol, hope you have a nice lunch out today, what is a endowment maturity day. Should we send a card?
Anne, that is fantastic news about the weight loss. I am going to have to try again, when I did it just before christmas I really stuck to it and lost nothing, in fact one week I put 2lb on lol is there anything you are doing extra? I really really need to lose some weight, the extra weight doesn't help with my mobilty.
Gill, great to hear from you, hope your feeling ok. It does take ages to catch up if you miss a few days.
Isabelle, I bet your asleep now, these grandchildren are adorable, but tiring, sounds like they had a fantastic time, when are they back with you ? Did you say you have to work Saturday? do you have to work every weekend ? I hope you weather as improved up there, it is lovely here today, we have sunshine, so nice to see after the last few days of constant rain.
Kris, I am getting these clamps parceled up to bring you when I come on the Suze cruise. I found out today where my ex lives, Its San Miguelde Salinas think thats right, have you heard of it? my daughter is going over in the summer, him and his wife invited me and hubby to go over as well, shock horror lol no I get on with him ok now, we have been apart a life time really, and his wife is very nice.
Well I think I am going to have a cuppa and have a play on face book, I could start reading for my next asignment, but I think I need the day off.
Take care everyone,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxx

taxi73

Sandra good luck today with US and hopefully it'll only be scar tissue..there's always something to worry over.

Jackie..hope Angus makes a speedy recovery xx

Hi to everyone else...gosh so much to catch up on.

Have lost 3lbs at WWs this week so 15 1/2lbs now in 5 weeks.

danjo

they tell me that cruise ships have stabilizers, you know, like the ones on that first bike!!
you can't take your eye off the ball, Gill!! hope you are OK.
Jackie, really hope Angus is out soon, must be a worry for all of you.
all of you who are entertaining GC, it's supposed to be a nice day today. I have allowed OH to have a day off from his painting cos I have a few "jobs" lined up. we are celabrating our endowment maturity day by going out to lunch, yes another Garden centre visit!
had my massage yesterday. she did a lot of work on my "knotty " shoulders-bliss.
Sandra, hope Bailey responds to the pills and hope everything goes well today.
I'm off to count the frogs
hope everyone has a good day
Carol

xx

pina_c

Hello everyone,
I have been trying to catch up but there is so much going on.
love and hugs to all,
Gill xx

sandra4

Ahhh Jackie, Really hope 'little' Angus is ok! my youngest grandson was admitted to hospital with bronchiolitis, they are so tiny, and seeing them with those masks on! l know my son and dily were so worried, even now he is just over a year and is a very chesty baby.
Fingers crossed he will soon be home with Mummy, Daddy and his brothers,

Gosh that cyst!!! really loves you!

Nothing wrong with old people with zimmer frames and no teeth, you ask Heather!!! only joking Heather, yes l know l am the eldest!!

xxx

libby_2010

Hi all just got some more sad news.Baby Angus in hospital with bronchiolitis. DIL beside herself and son doesn’t know whether he is coming or going but dil father has just got down to them so thats great. Baby feeding v.well so that’s good.
Sandra sorry my idea was for the radiologist to scan you. I think different clinics do it differently at mine they are Consultant radiologists only no sonographers . No wonder you don’t want that again just too awful. Can’t think why the lady you met did not get the PM and hiyateardrop works though. Is it us old uns who have less dense breast tissue that the mammos are better for? And U/S for the younger ones. I think that is also a reason why lowering the screening age has been a bit of a prob. Here they are starting screening at 47 instead of 50.
Yes I think Carol and I could be a liability on a cruise. A few sick bags might be required.A few years ago I worked with someone whose OH lectured on cruise ships and she sometimes went with him. She always said to me there are loads of single men on these and I should go. When relating this tale to 2 friends they both fell about laughing and said she had told them that they ( the single men) were all on Zimmer frames and none had their own teeth well I ask you do I look desparate well I ain’t.
Sorry to hear you poor little Bailey has a heart problem and hope his meds do the trick.
Rotten weather for the ½ term isn’t it. Hope Isabelle that you are having as good a time as poss with yours. Sounds like you are keeping them busy.
Dee are those a-bs doing the trick.
Have now got a date for the cyst remaining behind from the abscess to be excised. End of March and I will be on A/L which is good as I will not have to take unpaid sick leave and hopefully that will be it. The treatment will have taken longer than BC treatment lol.
Well am off to my bed and hope to sleep no-one told me that insomnia was a s/e of BC and has been a regular feature.I do take Nytol from time to time.
Sandra got everything crossed for you.
Hope everyone else is as OK as poss. Love Jackie

sandra4

Back again!
Jackie, the last time l had an ultrasound the sonographer said he had been doing his job for 19 plus years, and he could tell there was NO cancer in my nodes, how wrong was he, there was 16/18 with cancer in them! so wont be asking him any questions, Lol!!

My Little Bailey has an enlarged heart, so is on medication again to try and control it, but vet said it is very serious, and l should be prepared, No way l said, had enough sadness this last year, he will live another few years or else!! he is only 8 and toy poodles usually live for 18 years, so a baby, but she said he was very old for his illness!

Carol and Jackie, if my Panda was making you feel sick, how on earth are you going to manage on our cruise!

Isabelle, sound very busy with gc! we took ours to an indoor ball centre today, it was really busy! so we found a nice comfy chair and ordered a coffee and the boys were off! just came back to be watered and fed!

Nell, hope you are ok and the antibiotics are kicking in!

Kirsty there is an answer to your question and l did know it, but cant think why they do a mammogram instead of an ultrasound, anyone know the answer?

Spoke to a lady at the hospital yesterday, she said she had a mx two years ago, and nodes removed, said there was cancer in the nodes, but....she never had peachy or hiyateardrop! said her cancer was grade 3, doctor put her on Arimidex! l was intrigued to know why she didn't! anyone know the answer?

Bought the boys a 'mock' leather jacket today, had to be brown as eldest gs is into Indiana Jones and it would go with his brown Indi hat! that he wears night and day!! they look so cool!
They are going away to a holiday camp this weekend for 4 days, and for the four of them it will cost £45!! cheap or what!
No food included, dil doesn't like being tied to feed times! likes to do their own thing! but lots on for the children, so hopefully they will have fun, l have never been to a holiday camp. much sooner have the sun and sand! but the little ones will enjoy!

Kanga, do you think you might have IBS? and now changing the subject!
heard on the radio this morning that they do tena men pads!! the mind boggles! do you think they put it in a 'little' pouch!

Hugs to all
Sandra xxx

sandra4

What the hell!!!!
Who stole my post!!!
just pressed post!!!
And Blank!!!
Oh can't remember what rubbish l wrote!!!
xxx

izzypal

Hi Ladies,
Maria, love your new picture/hair style it's looking just great. I hope you are doing well today.
I was due to take the gs to an animal rescue centre today but it poured with rain. We had to revise where to go and ended up at Penrith Museum, not very exciting, but dry indoors! Then it was sweet shop, new books and cake and milk shakes for afternoon snack time...They went home a while ago and peace reigns!
Heather, sorry to hear that your feeling rough, I hope things start looking up for you very soon, thinking of you xxx
Sandra, I hope all goes well tommorrow and that they can sort out your results very quickly and that they are all ok for you, will be thinking of you xxx
I hope everyone has a good evening,

Lots of hugs ,

Isabelle xxx

libby_2010

Oh no posted twice sorry ladies.
Heather we crossed though not sure what you mean about your prob but hope you can get some resolution soon.Our health or rather lack of it takes on a whole new meaning and significance after BC doesn't it?
Cars what an expense. Now you have reminded me I think I need to check when my MOT is due. I know last year I was so chemo ed up I forgot it completely.Wishing you well hun xx Jackie

libby_2010

Hi everyone so glad Sandra replaced the rocking panda did nothing for my nausea But look what she replaced it with. I could blame Heather what with all that talk of nipple clamps lol. Sandra oh hun what can I say sorry to hear you need another scan but sounds like you had a good and thorough lady surgeon who palpated rather than groped you. Hope Bailey is OK.
Your g-d will have to live with you showing her pic around with her covered in mud covered she won’t thank you for that lol. Sounds like a fun w-end. I asked Suze about being a stowaway when she goes on her cruise looks like she will have a lot of takers. The g-s who went to Man Utd match last Sat are 7yrs in Jan and 5 1/2yrs. They both loved it but fell asleep on the train on my son on the way back truth be told I think he may have dozed off too but the train from M/c goes straight through to Scarborough and terminates there. So no danger of them waking up miles from home.The boys are taken to Headingley and Old Trafford for the cricket and do go to footie too ,I think the latter might have too much bad language ( even by my standards) for the boys but they love going with Daddy to the matches. I managed to speak to my dil on Sat evening and she is doing well she told me that Hamish the eldest accidentally stood on baby Angus’s hand the other day. I asked how Hamish was as I knew he is so sensitive and empathetic that he would have been distraught and he was it took longer to console him than it did the baby who only cried for a moment.
Will be thinking of you tomorrow ( can you ask if the radiologist can look at the u/s straight away?)even better if a radiologist can do it because they can talk you through it when they do it. Just a thought.
Suze that was some good travel ins you got. Icouldn’t even get a quote from a couple of companies when I rang before my hols in Nov. But also found that Europe/cruises and would you believe Oz and NZ are the cheapest to get cover for. Me trogging off to the Caribbean choose a place that ranks with US in terms of expensive travel ins my bank were one of the ones to refuse a quote.
Oh hun I do feel for you no pun intended. My boob has been so so sore and I would say quite painful. Surgeon said it was rads damage and radiographers said it was surgical damage ( it got immediately worse when I had 2nd rads. So goodness only knows what it feels like after 35 rads. Another good reason to stay off work for a bit longer. I def think mine has felt worse after a day at work.And I cannot get rid off it. Exercise seems to help but I don’t want to take any more drugs.Good Luck tomorrow . Hope Medscreen are fit for purpose as Occ Health and listen to you, because ATOS def aren’t she only wanted to know whether I could lift a kettle ½ full/ full of water and did I pay someone to do my housework/ gardening or do it myself. She did not want to know what treatment I had had or was having or any of the s/e that were still impacting on me. And this was over the phone too. Best not get started on that. I do understand what you mean about the boob/s still being a worry not sure when that will subside.
Re the ESA not sure why you can’t get this as it is not means tested and is paid on the basis of your NI contributions eg if you have a full record you get the grand sum of £65 per week and less on a sliding scale if short on NI contributions. I’m blowed if I can get them to stop paying mine got fed up of ringing and writing to them to say I was back at work. Short of closing my bank acc. and leaving the country. Took me a while to get it too. Good luck do try and claim again. Oh does all that sound like a rant just fed up of dealing with incompetent – fill in the blanks.
Crikey we have Kris and Carol very knowledgeable about Durex and Lesley nipping out to get a Clearblue kit. Heather with her nipple clamps and Sandra with the animated stripper Whatever next?
Lesley I will stick with ‘Room’ but am still struggling. I have trouble with my son’s lap top too difficult when you use a PC you’re not used to.The holiday I went on last year was a Spa and activities holiday. There was a Spa treatment included everyday and loads of swimming and water based activities. I was about 8-9 wks post rads and swam every day , both in the pool and in he sea, and did aquaerobics. I took great care of my affected arm with Factor 50 and kept it covered as much as I could and used anti bite stuff and ate Marmite( latter supposed to deter biting insects not sure but did only get 2 bites on my ankle). I checked out with BCC re having massages. I made my own informed decision about having aromatherapy( nothing more vigorous) massages and did not tell the therapists. I know that in the UK there is still some teaching in colleges that if you have had BC massage is a no no ‘because it spreads cancer round the body’. Physiologically this is not the case and I have taken real expert advice and made my own decision on that.But I do not necessarily expect that will be the same for everyone. Can’t comment on the hair colouring Vicki started a thread recently on this. I have an ankering to have pink streaks put in my hair.( My daughter thinks I need to lie down in a darkened room )lol.
Dee hope you’re OK.I’m put to shame as both my older g-s can play chess and backgammon I can put in a reasonable showing at Beetle and according to one g-s show talent at being a goalie lol.Hope all is coming along well for you at the mo.
Marial your hair looks lovely very elfin like and love the colour. Hope feeding the veggies went well.You do seem to have been so busy hope you are also looking after yourself.
Heather looks like there are no takers for your nipple clamps and hardly the sort of thing you could put in the recycling bin or send to the charity shop are they. Are you coming on the Suze cruise with us?
Vicki hope you are doing OK, what colour is your hair?
Well have been doing OK ish and not had many tears of late. Then this morning I had a note from my BCN and she just happened to mention that my lovely lovely surgeon has retired and moved back to Iraq.I was so upset and cried its bringing more tears to my eyes just telling you all this. All I can say is thank goodness my panic button was a bit sensitive late Dec and Jan as I was given an appt to see him to be checked out early Jan. He held my hand as usual with ‘his’ ladies and said he hadn’t seen me for a while and what was the matter? No mention of leaving ,still there wouldn’t be would there?I really thought it would be my Onc who I really adore who would be going. Still I will not be seeing him until 2013 as they ( the surgeon and Onc) alternate the yearly appts.
Re that room,the crying one. I only went there the once when I was Dx the lady radiologist sat talking to my mammo in front of her and with her back to me, and I could not hear a word she said, kept saying to the BCN what is she saying? although of course 'I knew' then I was led, literally to see the surgeon. The worst room for me was the Oncs room he needs a new label saying Crying Room not Dr A.Until this last 2 appts every single one was me in buckets I used to think my BCN needed to be a good swimmer or a good rower when I was led to one of the little sitting rooms to go over what had been said with her.
Hope you are all as well as poss love to all my CF. Jackie xx

heatheruk

Hi Ladies, sorry been away for a couple of days but I have felt really rough again, but I can't say whats wrong with me, that is what worries me. Hubby and my daughter keep reminding me of the other problems I have got, but in my mind it is always the big C causing the problems. Anyway I feel a bit better today, I have nearly finished my assignment so that is good.
Sandra, hope everything goes ok with your scan, I can understand you worrying. I am sure it is just the consultant being on the ball which is good really. I have my consultant appointment at the end of March, no sorry its oncon appoinment, then mamo in April, and consultant in May I think, I will have to check up. I love your nipple twizzling lady lol
Maria, love your hair, it looks like it has grown quite a bit. Now I dont know where you would put nipple clamps now, I could use Kangas suggestion lol I dont really know who the pleasure is for, can anyone enlighten us lol Have a great time with your visitors.
Isabelle, sounds like you haveing a great time with your grandsons, bet you are shattered though. Isabelle dont try giving your men quorn, that was what hubby didn't like about trying to be veggie, he said there is nothing that tastes like meat. He was ok with the things made with vegetables, he missed is bacon sarnie lol
Carol, hopping frogs now, my daughter is still trying to sort out grandsons car. Since Saturday it has cost her about £150 !! first the windown screen, she was insured but she had to pay £75, then last night he came in with a big piece of metal in his hand. He thought it was the exhaust bracket, but it wasn't it was a bit of the spring. SIL is looking at that this afternoon, then it has got to go for Its MOT tomorrow, think I need to win the lottery lol
Suze, glad you are going to leave going to work for a while, if you dont feel ready it is best not to go and make yourself ill. My hair was all fuzzy and bitty when it grew back, I bought this curl creme made by frizz-ease, you put a small bit in your hands and massage it through you hair, then put it how you want it to be. It is good because you can pull and tweak it a bit and make it look a bit longer, and it doesn't make you hair feel sticky.
Dee, keep an eye on your infection, I had one and the antibiotics they gave me weren't strong enough and I ended up in hospital having antibiotics through a drip. So if its not improving go back to the doctors and get some stronger ones
Kirsty, glad to see you back posting again.
Anne, has disappeared, she is getting so slim we wont see her, and I am jealous. It is weigh in day today I think, hope youve lost some more.
Lesley, nice to see you back, sorry about your ex FIL, it is good to stay friends if you can. Mmmm my nipple clamps, and you with durex play, makes me think lol. Did you see what I said to Suze about the curl creme, it is really good, it helps you style your hair a bit better.
Kris, well have I saved the best till last, or is it the naughtiest, but then I look at Sandras swinging nipples, Lesleys Play doh, and Suzes clean weekend I am not so sure, if you want to try the clamps I will post them lol I am with you on the hair colour, the hairdresser said 'are you still staying blonde?' I said I had contemplated the deep red and purples, then thought I wouldn't be able to sit that long, so just had my roots done.
Vickie, where you? suppose your busy with the little ones at home on half term.
Well hi to everyone I have not mentioned, hope you all ok.
Take care,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxxx

Kirsty16

Hi Sandra Thinking of you today - hope you have lots of distractions - just thinking - should they use US instead of mammos for routine screening or at least on us - existing customers as it were ! ? if US shows rogue things up better . You'll be on such a high when you get the NED , I guess thats the up side of more worry. I had that fright when saw URGENT REFERRAL against my initial hospital appt - the GP had been so laid back, 'I think we might as well get this checked out" he'd said. They tread a tightrope i guess- especially as usually dont know us that well. Frighten us enough to go to appts but not enough to send us over the edge.

and part of the time they have to cover themselves these days - or they get sued !!

All the best . Kirsty (getting to like that name !!)

izzypal

Hi Ladies,
The snow did'nt lie, thank goodness, still rather cold though.
Sandra, I've never had boobs as good as that i'm really jealous!!!
Hope your doing ok today xxx
Carol, I'm taking the boys to an animal rescue centre at a place called Weatheriggs today. Would love to take them to the pictures but they have seen both films that are on this week as their dad took them twice in the last couple of weeks. It's a bit cold to take them trailing around too far. Their going home tonight, at least for a couple of days and I'm back to work on Saturday for a rest!!!

See you later,

Isabelle xxx

danjo

just noticed the tassle!! will have to find this one and send it to my SIL, right up her street!!!
Suze, would have thought you had seen enough hospital food!
havn't watched this series of Gok, I so want to slap that rediculous woman that's on with him!
son came for his tea last night, asked if I wanted some help with the espanol ( he's never had lessons but has Spanish friends)He read out questions in Spanish which I was supposed to answer in Spanish but I started laughing and couldn't stop, mainly cos he was pulling faces watching me stuggle with the answers. I'm never going to get anywhere!
Isabelle is there anywhere you can take the GS that you can just sit and watch? have they seen Tangle? I havn't as I have no GC to take.
hope the snow has gone by the end of March when I go up to Scotland. will stand on the roof at Tebay and wave!!
I'm off for my massage this lunchtime, hope I'm not so ralaxed, I can't drive home!!
hugs to eveyone

Carol

salsasuzi

Sandra I dread to think what you searched for to get this one!!!!

sandra4

well this is a video of me before bc!!

other than that, look up 'animated gif'

Did the snow settle Isabelle?

Hugs

Sandra xxx

izzypal

Sandra where do you find them!!!

sandra4

Carol, sorry the panda was making you dizzy! is this one any better!!
xxx

izzypal

Hello Ladies,
The ice cream farm was very yummy!!! We all had different colour ice cream, very good ...
My boys are still here and are now tucked up in bed, I'm begining to flag a little, will have to think of somewhere to take them tommorrow!
Sandra, sorry to hear that they did'nt give you a clear checkup. It's always something else to worry about, more bl**dy results, it's neverending... Glad the consultant gave you a good going over!!! It at least gives you a feeling that you are being well looked after, I hope all is well xxx
OH is watching Chelsea playing on Sky at present and their winning 2 nil , so for now he's happy!!! It's not finished yet though...
Just been up to check on my boys, two sleepy little angels, butter would'nt melt when they are asleep!!!
Vickie, have you decided on the hair colour yet? I'm sure you will look loverly no matter what colour you decide on.
I hope everyone else has had a good day,

Take care everyone,
Hugs and best wishes,

Isabelle xxx

salsasuzi

Where oh where have our consultants and oncs gone?? We are all seeing other people!!

I have aloe vera gel still even though my actual skin is fine now after the rads...all the pain and discomfort is inside and in the scar areas.

Watched GOK, no advice for spacehopper shaped grey sqirrels!!! Now watching Heston on...hospital food!!!!! Isn't there something I should be doing??

Suze x

danjo

Sandra, that panda is making me dizzy!! sounds like the doc gave you a good pumelling. that happened to me last week. although my surgeon, who I was expecting to see, is a sweetie, I was glad I had seen the female Doc. she did a proper examination. we would prefer brutal if it gets the job done, eh ladies? hope you are not worrying too much (easy to say).
Lesley, I was told 6 months post Chemo for hair dye. I asked my Onc at my post RADS review about swimming, he said once the skin is healed it's fine. I havn't been swimming yet tho I have my cossie and flasie all ready, just can't seem to find the time. I go for my first aromatherapy massage through the hospital tomorrow.
Kanga, one blue tit as I only have one!
will have to put the frogs back on as they are at it again!
I used aloe vera on my skin after RADS as I have a plant, soothed it right away.
Luv Carol