cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

sandra4

Re: Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

Hi Girls,

Had a fab weekend, grandchildren really enjoyed themselves and we were all totally shattered by the time we got home, took my shoes off and lost another toe nail! All that walking.

Grandchildren asked if l was going to hide treats again, so action plan B came into force, hid some treats then took a close up photo then a distant photo, showed the close up one first, to show them what they would be getting then a distant one to recognise where it was! So now they want me to do a treasure hunt in the woods!
Sunday was party and present day, so that was hectic, oh yes and dinner, then we gave them a bath, 4 little ones in a bath! So very cute!!
Then they all jumped into bed and said they wanted to stay, luckily they all had school/playgroup the next day, so had to go home!!! Eldest gs’s will be staying over next Saturday, Daddy is taking Mummy out, for a ‘treat’

Dil’s Mum is coming out of hospital today, seems she needs help housework and so on, but we are still none the wiser to what her results were.

Grandson came out of school saying the ‘girls’ had a new game, called pinchy bum bum, thought he said ‘peachy’ seems they have to chase the boys and pinch their bum!! Is that not sexual harassment? poor boys have no chance! And the girls look such little angels!
He was telling me about it on the way home from school, he laughed so much he had a stitch, he obviously enjoyed it!

Monday morning l felt a bit rough, thought it was the hectic weekend, then in the afternoon the throat started closing up, then the sneezing started, then the aches and pains and coughing, oh no l have man flu! Anyway still feeling really rough.
Hence l have not beaten Nell at wordsearch, but K did, then Nell won again! She is either very good, or spends all day on it! So come on girls knock her off again, beware Nell l will be back!! wont knock you off but i'll be back! Lol

A friend died a couple of years ago, but her OH still keeps in touch, he phoned yesterday to tell me l need to stay positive and that his son in law had stomach cancer 12 years ago and it spread to the lymph nodes and he did a 100 mile walk and it ‘cured’ him!! Well all you ‘node’ girls are you up for a 100 mile walk? Got to laugh haven’t you!!!

Anne, Good Luck tomorrow with WW. where are you going on holiday? well done on the onc! l see the surgeon next Tuesday, that will be fine, it is the onc and blood tests that l worry about, the surgeon just pokes and prods!

Suze, Posh hotels and the chance meet with Kanga, somehow that doesn't quite go together!! could you just imagine her in a posh hotel! be like a comedy sketch! hope you enjoyed your posh hotel!

Lesley, well done of finishing your rads!

Love and hugs to all you ladies
Sandra xxx

danjo

bet our Vickie has a headache this morning!! price worth paying though!
Anne I can't wear flat shoes as I have a high instep so I wear orthotics, have to put my foot up on a radiator to tie my shoelaces cos of my back-ain't life wonderful!! could be worse, at least I'm still here! I have to see my surgeon tomorrow, havn't seen him since post surgery path report, so have mixed feelings about that.
I'm off to drop-in this morning for coffee and toast and chat, then my second reflexology this afternoon-have decided I will carry on with that after I have used up my vouchers. your GS looks like a cheeky little monkey!!

love Carol

taxi73

Happy belated birthday to our Vickie.Glad you enjoyed your nightI have a feeling this year will be better than last for sure xxx

K...had to laugh at your knicker story..what you like.

Heather...bless you having a little cry and handing the receipt for hubbys suit in at the opticians.

Lesley...last rads today..woohooo...that's fantastic

suze..have alovely time away

hugs to each and every one of you special ladies xxxxx

Went to see Onc and he gave me a prod and a poke and everything ok.Need to see him every 6 months and surgeon every 6 months so a check up every 3 months.
I had an interesting conversation with him regarding my bone scan from last year as i wanted to get my facts right for the DRS and pain management etc.
My back has been horrendously painful at the moment.i always thought i had osteo arthritis in the bottom of my spine but according to bone scan i don't but do have it at the top of my back and in my feet...so why is the bottom of my back so sore?
He also mentioned scoliosis...should of pushed him more on that.So I got to thinking about my back and realised that for months I've been wearing flat slip on shoes as i can't bend to tie laces...well I have one leg slightly shorter than the other so have special inserts in my trainers with not wearing them coupled with a lot of inactivity might be the reason my back is so sore ..so will give that a try while waiting for pain clinic.

I really do want to be able to go for a walk and get fitter so worth a go.

Changed my WWs weigh in to weds mornings from this week.

Bought my travel insurance yesterday through insure pink for our holiday yesterday and am now covered for all my conditions.

well that was a bit of a ramble..have a good day everyone xxxx

tors

Drunk. And very full. Thankyou all for yoyr lovely wishes, you make me feelvery special. .

37 today
37 today.
It had better be better than 36
cos that was really a bag of sh!t

ta da!

V

izzypal

Happy birthday Vickie, hope your having a loverly day

Lots of hugs and best wishes for a much better year to come.

Isabelle xxx

marial

Happy Birthday Vickie, as I said on face book you are starting your 38th year wow, Hope you had a good evening
Heather, sorry you had a weep on Valentines day, but I didn't expect anything less from you
Kanga, can't wait for your next installement
Lesley, Thank you for your Valentines wish, I will have to tell myself I love me, great on finishing rads tomorrow, mixed feelings, eh?
Suze, have fun at Windermere
Sandra, hope your house gets ship-shape soon, but then thats what gc are for, to make a mess.
Anne, I am sure gs is just as lovely at 6
Hi to everyone else too, I hope Saint Valentine was good to you.
Hugs
Maria

danjo

Happy Birthday, Vickie, if I'm not too late, hope you enjoy your meal.
Kanga, why would you want to put your Knockers on the wrong way round, that would confuse everyone!

heatheruk

Hi everyone, Happy Valentines Day to you all.
VICKIE, whooooo Happy Birthday to our lovely Vickie, hope you are having a fantastic day, and hope you have a lovely meal. I was looking at the menu on face book, it looked fantastic, Have great eveningxxxxx
Well I have had a tearful Valentines Day, Hubby gave me this lovely card this morning, and I hadn't got him one!! and he had got me this lovely poetry book, and all the proceeds went to macmillan, and I had got him nothing!! so I cried, then he felt bad because he had made me cry. Then we had to go to town and pick up his new glasses and his suit from M&S for the wedding we had ordered on line. I had to go in my wheel chair because I am not walking to well at the minute. Has he pushed me into the optitians he could see my fumbling about in my bag, out came this letter and I gave it to the assistant before Hubby had chance to say anything, she looked puzzled and hubby said what are you doing, thats the order for my suit from M&S you have given her lol So I have had a good day, I did buy him a nice bottle of wine to have with the meal he is cooking me tonight.
Lesley, I will look for the writing mag on line. I know how your feeling about Tuesday, I felt just the same after I had finished my herceptin, I cried when I was coming out of the hospital. What you said about someone holding your hand is very true, but well done on finishing tomorrow.
Carol, funny you said about chocolate, I was coughing badly early hours of this morning. It isn't really a chesty cough, it is a more a tickle in my throat, and drinking water wouldn't do any good. I dont like drinking milk, but I had a few corn flakes with really cold milk on them and it soothed it. Now youve said about the chocolate it is probably the dairy in it, well at least it stopped it.
Lesley, the cat and dog are spoilt, because he is a Persian cat he can only have raw meat,so he has liver once a week, and the rest of the time chicken fillet but he seems to be going off it, I think that is why Bobby ate it yesterday. I am going to try him on mince beef when we have it see if he likes that better. He does have half a whiskers pouch of food for breakfast, and there is always Whiskas biscuits in his bowl. Bobby sometimes decides he will eat the biscuits though, but if you give Bobby dog biscuits he wont eat them. Bobby only has one meal a day, unless he eats the cats, he has braising steak, hubby cooks that for him, but on a Sunday he has the meat we have. Bobby cant have dairy or eggs,but he eats cheese, when he was a puppy we hade to make him porridge with goats milk, good life isn't lol there worth it though.
Suze, had a proper look at those lodges after you had said they where the ones, they looked lovely. I have put it in my favorites hubbys going to have alook at them. Hope you have a great time in your posh hotel, have fun and just a bit dirty lol
Vickie, Colin Firth got his Bafta, I think he is lovely, I watched Bridget Jones Edge Of reason when I was up last night. I saw them interviewing him this morning on breakfast TV, he seems such a nice man, hope he gets an Oscar, shall we start a face book Page Colin Firth for an Oscar.
Kris, knickers back to front, didn't they get stuck lol I love Bridget Jones pants, you can get fed up of firking out things lol
Jill, they said 2 weeks for my results, haven't took a pill yet, I was scared when I read the leaflet that they gave me with them.Dont go doing to much at work, take your time. Hope you carry on feeling good 🙂
Sandra, hope youve recovered after yesterday, hope you had a great time.
Well ladies have a lovely evening,
Take Care,
xxxxxxxxxx

mum51

Happy birthday Vickie and happy Valentine's day everyone.
If no-one has said they love you yet tell yourself and mean it.
One more rad to go. x

jackwagstaff

"Happy Birthday to You ..........ç
Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuu.........
happy Birthday dear VICKIEEEEEEEEEEEE
happy Birthday to You ................!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So glad everything worked out well for you . I would love to be able to meditate , but I just start thinking of shopping lists and things to cook . Jusyt find it sooo hard.
Took me ages to ctatch up with all the posts and now have to get ready to go out .
Ever had one of those days when you know you should´nt have gone out or done anythng ? In fact you should have had a duvet day and kept out of the way .
Well i had one of those yesterday . Knew it was all going to go pear shaped almost as soon as i got up .The first thing that gave it away was that I put my knickers on back to front. Sooooooooooo uncomfortable , and how do you sort it out when you´re walking the dog ? Not easy . Of course if i were a man I would just have spent ages with my hand down my front wriggling it around , or down the back trying to hock it out of my backside . But I´m not so i did´nt .The only good thing is I was´nt wearing a thing , rather a comfy pair of Briget´s . Mind you if i wore things , then even I could´nt have put that on the wrong way !
Well that was the start and it just got steadily worse , reached a climax going around the big motorway island in Torre . Will tell you all later .
luvkanga X
ps Someone told me that putting on your kniockers the wrong way around meant you were going to receive money .....ok , I´m still waiting.
pps . Hey Suzi , where and when are you docking in Spain , let me know . Is it malaga or Gib ?

salsasuzi

Happy Valentines day to everyone,

Happy Birthday to Vickie xxxxxxxxxx

Karen nm looks fab 10/10

Anne gs is an absolute cutie pie :-))

Heather get booking that break away, don't forget ...loas of cottages in Hoseasons website which yu cantake doggies to as well..

Sandra, nice cake, Maria hugs for you,

Going to Windermere today I think, weather a bit rainy. P osh hotel very nice....Graithwaite Manor Hotel Grange over Sands...would recommend it.

Bye for now hugs for all xxxxxxxxx

sandra4

Morning Vickie
Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Our Vickie, Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuuuuuu xxx

Morning to everyone else,

Have it in 'my' mind, and not in my 'book' that Anne is seeing the onc today? if so wishing you Good Luck, and if not put it down to my peachy!! can l still use that? my dil's say no! my son's say Yes! my OH agrees with me whatever!! Lol

Hugs to all, house looks like we have been broken into!!

Sandra xxx

taxi73

Karen 10/10 for new man.

Vickie happy birthday for tomorrow..have a good one.

For those asking my GS is 6 now but think he was about 4 then.I don't have any recent photos on the computer and was just trying to put a photo up...lol

libby_2010

Happy Birthday to Valentine's birthday girl Vickie.Have a lovely day tomorrow Love Jackie xx

dee49

Happy Birthday Vickie xxx

tors

Thanks everyone, meal out with family today, meal out with david tmrw night. Cake picture lovely sandra. X

sandra4

Been a hectic weekend, but just wanted to wish Vickie a Really Lovely Birthday.

Hope you like the cake!

Oh and of course Valentines day too!! what a lovely present you must have been for your Mum and Dad!

Anne your grandson looks lovely, good luck with ww this week

K. Yes he looks yummy, might have to give him a closer inspection!!

Hugs to everyone, too shattered to post tonight
Sandra xxx

Silver10

Vickie - have a very "Happy Birthday" tomorrow. Have you got anything special planned?

Love Jill

kayh317

sending a very special lady birthday hugs.

K x

tors

Hi everyone,

Pb was really good. Thete was a lot of things that weren't really very me, and i had to stifle the giggles quite a few times, but the staff were warm and kind and not at all judgemental if there wrte things you didnt really buy into. I am not really into meditation and passive relaxation is very hard for me to achieve as i spend most of my life trying to ensure i have no empty void in my head that gets filled with bad thoughts! The food was super healthy, wont be eating seeds again for axwhile! But i did find some peace, relsxation and time to reflect and i have come away with good ideas and intentions for changes to my diet. I absolutely loved the cookery demo but my first attempt at a recipe went pearshsped (see photo of vomit looking foodstuff on my facebook!). It is worth a trip though and is a beautiful place and very safe to meet people. I loved spending yime with girls from the north east thread, emma, margaret and deb.

Right, carrying on cheering for colin firth to get a bafta. Its my 37th birthday tmrw, glad to leave being 36 behind!!!

Vickie
x

Silver10

Hello Everyone,

Had a busy week – and coped with it all, I think that says that I am feeling much better. I have seen Occ. Health for work, been to my ESA “medical”, got signed as fit for work by my GP, been into work, had a hair cut (well she tidied it up a bit!), been swimming, been out for coffee & cakes with some friends and been to the allotment twice. I am going back to work tomorrow. For these last of couple of weeks I have been feeling much much better, more like me before bc, I just hope it stays that way.

Jackie – ESA what can I say, I hope mine doesn’t end up like yours, I have phoned and written to them to say I am back at work but I shall have to wait and see what happens. As for the “medical” I did phone and ask was it worth me going as I was hoping to go back to work the next day, but there is a return to work credit you can get and if I didn’t go then I would not be eligible to get it, so off I went. They paid my train fare so I got an expenses paid for trip to John Lewis as well as my medical. Have you got a date yet for your abscess excision?

Karen – Neil looks good; I hope he is good to you. How is Mary getting on, is it tomorrow you get her results? Like your hair colour – might get mine coloured in a month or so, I might go for something reddish.

Lesley – only two rads left, nearly there. When is your birthday? I’ve got some wax stuff for my hair to try and control the frizzy bits I seem to have, mine has come back with lots of grey as well.

Anne – well done on losing a few more pounds. Your Grandson looks great – how old is he?

Vickie – so pleased for you that your tests were fine. What a frightening time for you. How was the Penny Brohn course, I have sent for an information pack, would you recommend it?

Heather – when do get your results from your bone scan. Hope you are feeling better. Have you taken one of those sleeping tablets yet? We always take our dogs away on holiday with us. Lots of UK holiday cottages take pets and I am sure there are hotels that are dog friendly as well.

Maria – wish my hair was curly, I’ve got frizz. I am only going to be working 2 mornings a week to start with, then 3 mornings after 2 weeks. I went in last week, there is a lot to be done, but I am also trying not to get too stressed about it. Glad you are feeling better.

Denise – I massage my arm, and if I don’t stretch every day it tightens up really quickly. When do you get your MRI results and when will you start your rads? At least you know with your results that the mx was the right decision for you, even though it’s a crap thing to have done.

Sandra – hope the lunch went well. Did you manage to take enough time off the wordsearch to meet the family for lunch!

Kanga – the “Flying Kangaroo” story was great. I could just picture you racing along down the mountain.

Hi everyone else: Suze, Tracey, saffronseed, Kirsty, Carol, Isabelle,

Take care all of you.

Jill

izzypal

Karen, no wonder you got a new hairdo! Got to keep up with the new man, 10/10!!!
Loverly pic of your little gs Anne, he's really cute!!!
lesley, glad to hear that you've only got 2 rads left, take it easy and don't be rushed into going back to work.
Heather, sorry to hear your having a bad time at night with the coughing, I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight. I must say your dog and cat sound well looked after with their chicken and roast beef dinners!!!
I hope everyone has had a good weekend if possible,

Best Wishes,

Isabelle xxx

danjo

aren, NM looks a bit of alright, and I'm 62 nearly 63!! doesn't stop you lookin' AND you've knoocked Nell of her perch
Lesley, when can we see you spikey hair? mine has reached the stage of spiking itself, double crown and can't make up it's mind which way it's going.
Heather, hope you stop coughing soon-chocolate is supposed to be good for stopping that-any excuse. I couldn't find Rat either, took me ages, now Sandra wants me to fast type-no chance!

Carolxx

libby_2010

Ok so you are bragging new man and winning on word search I really need to get on FB Jackie

kayh317

just a very quick post to say

I BEAT NELL ON WORDSEARCH !!!!!

marial

OK, so who is cutest, Anne's gc or K's new man ? I vote K's nm, but only cos he is older, and yea I am jealous of both of you, I've not got any gc and I not yet ready for a nm, but I can dream !!
Lesley, most of us know what you mean when your onc says see you in 3 months, its scary, but just another bend in the river on our adventure, we are all holding hands
Love Maria

libby_2010

Karen, Neil is a cutie too lucky you cannot say what I really think as the mods really would excommunicate me and any way I am 60. Will still come back and post Ladies you are getting ahead of me as the day goes on. Love Jackie

mum51

hi girls tried to read last six or so pages but going googly eyed.
Sorry if I missed anything.Well two rads to go finish on tues.Yippee!!sort of.Saw oncol on wed but was his reg not him.He said that I've done well and that they will see me in three months.
Feels very strange. After Tues that's it for a while hopefully apart from routine checks.It's like someone has been holding my hand all way through and after tues they will let go and I'm on my own.Should be pleased and I am really but also a bit scared.
Still using aqueous for cording think it's working.Tried to put a bit of gel on my hair today and make it a bit "spiky"doesn't look yoo bad about same length as Nell in her photo.
Kanga- what was Heather doing in your car?
Heather-writng magazine comes out monthly and they have a short story and a poetry comp every month.
Sandra-lovely pic of grandson hope you are ok
Maria--thinking of you and I know it's a bit late but does us good to have a rant occasionaly.
To evry one else I hope that you are coping with everything and that your families and close ones are ok.
oh has booked us a couple of hols bless him. A short break in Porthmadoc for my b.day and I've asked my friend and her oh to come too. She is having a reconstuction very soon and had no hol last year coz of bc. He also booked our big hol for 2 weeks in Oct. Agadir
Morrocco can't wait had to cancel last year coz of bc.
Boss came to see me this week asked when I will return to work! Told him some time after Easter but also I want part time.He seems ok with this and think I will go back when I#m ready on my terms which feels ok. Hopefully by then the unrest there will have calmed down.Then I can try to get into hospital pharmacy,which I would like to do.
Anyway I think that I've probably waffled on a bit so going to go now. Take care everyone love Lesley xx

heatheruk

Karen Very Very Nice 10/10 he looks really nice, go girl go. Wait till the others see him.

Heather xx

heatheruk

Hi Everyone,
Yes I can see your grandson Anne, he is a lovely little boy,
Well I am feeling rough today, was up alnight coughing,I have been to bed this afternoon, theres a shock, and I slept solid for 2 hours. I feel worse now though, to long to tell how many places ache lol Bobbys in disgrace, he ate the cats chicken earlier, now he wont eat his roast beef lol
Sandra, hope your having a great time with your family.
Maria, bet youve had a lovely afternoon on skype, it is marvelous how we can have people in our homes that live hundreds of miles way. Hope you dad is ok and your son.
Carol, dont ask how I beat you on Word search, I put it on, some of them I can do really quick, and then it can take me ages to find a word like Rat!! Have you found the picture of your frog yet, I like the valentines frog though.
Suze that place looks lovely, I will have a proper look now, didn't want to thing that was where I could go if I had got it mixed up.
Well everyone else seems to be missing, hope there all having a lovely Sunday.
Take care,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxx
Suze,Hope you have a lovely couple of days away on your clean weekend lol xxxx

kayh317

He looks very cute.

Thought I would put on a photo of Neil. Scores out of 10 ladies ???

K x

libby_2010

Yep I see him too, what a cutie. Back later to catch up. Love Jackie

danjo

yep, I see him!!

taxi73

just testing to see if the picture has come up of my grandson

danjo

thanks, Suze, it worked! couldn't find the pic I found before, this one will do as it is Valentines!

danjo

Heather, you beat me!! we have both got a long way to go to beat our Nell! well done on the homework. I have loads of Spanish homework to do. I have missed one lesson so am way behind already.
Jackie, it took nearly an hour to sort out the mess with O2, but I have to say that the lady in the call centre was so helpful and has sorted out the credit for all the overpayment, I can't fault her.
When I finished work, I got all the forms for claiming ESA but, as I have had no luck with any other benefits, I havn't bothered. I just have my state pension and small private pension now.
Sandra, hope you arn't still feeling glum, have a lovely Sunday with your family, you know you love it!
well, the lovely day we promised today didn't materialise, did manage an hour in the garden.
Hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday, I'm off to the allotment, rain or no rain.
Love Carol

salsasuzi

Carol, the frog pic...you right click on the picture and save it to your pictures. To get it on here you go into your account and browse your pic as you would any other pic then it should upload on your account. Hope that helps :-))
Haether..the welsh place...yes we stayed there with the dog, it was really nice and peaceful, went last May a couple of weeks after my op for some r&r. it was perfect watching the lambs in the fields. We go to the lakes tomorrow for some more r&r in Grange over Sands (hope they have finished protesting - well that was what was on the news yesterday!!)
Just reading the local paper and there's an article in it about Bernie Nolan being on at the Palace Theatre in Manchester in Calendar Girls and how she's celebrarting her ALL CLEAR FROM BREAST CANCER excuse me...have the rules changed???????????

On that note my toffee pavlova is here so I must leave you for a minute
Hugs Suze xxx

danjo

can't play with you then. 24 hours sounds achievable!

marial

Carol, I can't help you with the frog, but who says I'm too brainy to play scrabble with you? I only do games that give you 24 hours to make your move. You are not yet my friend on face book !

danjo

PS, my photo has gone as I wanted to replace it with a frog. found a brilliant animated one but havn't a clue hoew to get it on here

danjo

don't think I would stand a chance with you, Maria, you're too brainy! I love Scrabble, but not much good. Heather just beat me on word search. not good at that either!

marial

PS Does anyone want to play scrabble with me on face book ?

marial

Announcement: I think I am feeling better, cold under control and I have spoken to my Dad, my Son and my Brother on skype today, which means I have been in front of the computer for at least 3 hours. Now I have got to wash and tidy up, having been late with supper.
I love the idea of your frogs Carol
Anne, glad you had a good birthday, goodness, I hope your pain is not to bad as you have to wait 18 weeks for an appointment, I think we had all apply for one now in case we get any pain.
Isabelle , I suppose that is what gc are for, to spoil at suppertime !! Sounds like you are going on a cruise to Paris, that will be fun !!
Jackie, good luck with the form filling-in and phone calls, keep at it. I have just received a tax rebate on too much tax paid in 1999 !!!!
Sandra, it sounds like too much is going on for you, my thoughts are with you. Have fun on your days out. Cruise at the age of 20, I thought they were only for the more mature person. I've never been on one.
Little Nell, good luck with the tamoxyfen, does Sandra have an anagram for it ? I took it for 5 years and have lived to tell the tale.
Once my nose has stopped being red I will take a photo of me and my red knitted hair.
I hope everyone has a good evening
Here's holding hands
Maria

heatheruk

Hi Ladies, I have done some homework today, just watching Bobby and hubby jumping round and dancing. I did sneak on word search, only a little bit promise.
Jackie, thanks I will have a look on Radio 2 web site see what it says. Well I have written about 6 peoms hope they are going to be ok to send,I have got till 24th of Febuary.
Sandra, how awful about OHs office, how lucky those people in the flats where. Sorry to hear about your DILs mum.Hope you have a lovely time on Sunday, I am sure you will. Hope your feeling better soon, I am feeling a bit down at the minute with things, word search has really helped not to sit here thinking about things I cant change.
Suze, was that link in your post where you stayed? it looked lovely.Are you away on your posh weekend away now ?
Isabelle, The foot and mouth thing sounds awful. It must have been a terrible thing to go through, I couldn't watch it on TV. Off to Paris then OUI OUI is that right, i can count to 10 in french lol
Carol, wow all those frogs, I would be hopping about lol All good plans go wrong Carol, its much nicer to sit on here lol
Dee, you are word search queen, hope your feeling ok and getting stronger.
Maria, Glad your feeling a bit better, I started coughing and sputtering last night in bed. I had to get up, well theres a suprise lol but I have been coughing like a dry cough all day. I stood next to hubby this afternoon and he said is that next doors dog barking or your chest wheezing, it was my chest. I am going to take a drink with me tonight. I have been really good this week and gone to bed every night, I have been up again by about 1am but at least I have managed to stay in bed for a while, now this cough has started, we cant win can we.
Ann, glad you had a good birthday, good luck for Monday.
Well I might just have a quick look on face book lol
Take Care,
Love Heather
xxxxxxxx

danjo

ANNOUNCEMENT Spring is officially on it's way-frogs are gathering in my pond. aprox 30 still counting!!

taxi73

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.I had a lovely day...took me all today to recover.

Vickie glad all your tests came back ok.

Sandra..sounds like you're in for a busy weekend

Maria...hope you get better soon

Izzy...sorry to hear about BIL and your account of foot and mouth it sounds horrendous.

K..loving the new hair.

hugs to everyone and sorry if I've missed you out it's not intentional.

the cruises sound lovely and weekends away too x

Filled in my questionairre today for pain management clinic but says waiting list approx 18 weeks also filled in the medical forms for my ESA today.

have check up with oncologist on monday.

have a good weekend all xx

izzypal

Hello Ladies,
I hope everyone is doing ok today.
Karen, love the new hair colour, I'd be white if I stopped colouring mine!!!
Vickie, glad everything is ok with tests, and that you had a good time at the PB centre.
Got a call from my nephew in Australia on Wed, to tell me my bil has died. My sister is getting rather confused at present, could'nt find anyones phone numbers,so it's over 2 wks since it all happened. they found my number and I've spent 2 days tracking down my bil's family to tell them what has happened. All sorted tonight thank goodness, had an odd couple of days, will have to ring Aus tommorrow and let them know it's sorted at last.
Sandra, tried to go on wordsearch but having problems dragging the words across, probably doing it all wrong, will have another go tommorrow. Thanks for asking about foot and mouth, it was the worst thing I can remember on the farm. We lost everything the week before my daughters wedding, didn't know if we would be able to get off the farm as we were quarantined. All our beautiful animals were shot and taken away, we only had the horse and 2 dogs left on the farm, it was heartbreaking. The whole valley went down in the same week (july)
and we all lost everything, I used to go to work in tears as I passed the burning pyres of animals, it still upsets us now when we think of it, like it was yesterday.
I picked my gs up from school today and we went into Penrith for my shopping at Morrisons, got well and truely stung for suppertime treats to take to their dad's for tonight, but they were a great help unloading everything, they told me so! reckoned their help was worth the treats...
It's great to hear of more people going on cruises, were going on one next year (hopefully) with the friends we went with last year. This year we are going to Paris, oh's idea, he reckons it's supposed to be the most romantic place, never know my luck!!!

I hope everyone has had a good day,

Lots of hugs and best wishes,

Isabelle xxx

libby_2010

Karen love the hair looks brill.
Heather heard on BBC Radio 2 that they are asking for short stories, 500 words not sure if there is a theme but they said look on their web site that was yesterday sorry should have said sooner.
Marial hope you are doing OK given all you are/have gone through.
Sandra hope you have a good day tomorrow. Sorry that there is so much to worry you still.Oh dear and comfort eating too must be bad hun.Hope you get your head clear on it all as soon as.
Before we know where we are we will have Suze,Carol and Kris communicating in Spanish and be blowed to the word search will be easier for me to just go to work lol. Oddly late last year I was about to sign up for a language class and was undecided between Italian and Spanish. And for my next trick I will have to get on to FB just to keep up if nothing else.
Vicki hope you are comforted by the results, bit of a b****r after this length of time, know I was beside myself with worry for weeks and then it turned out to be scar tissue. The radiologist ( a consultant at that who I had met before) talked me through the scar tissue areas on the u/s as I could not believe these were not near the excision scar and showed me the mammo not that it made any sense really. Hope you are OK ish and be kind to yourself. So pleased for you.
Carol what a pest having a direct debit going out for 1 bill.Takes an age to sort out dunnit?
I am currently besieged by ESA who despite several letters and telephone calls and fitness to work cert have insisted on paying weekly amount into my bank. Took me ages to get it for all of 3 weeks. Every time I get in from work there are letters( up to 4 a week) from them and HMRC saying they are taxing me on ESA !!!!!!! EXASPERATION ++++ yes I am shouting. AND ATOS are demanding I go for a medical in order to keep claiming and threaten me with withdrawing ESA Now I find that HMRC have told me and my employers that I am not employed any more and all this cos I had BC and made a claim for 3 weeks. Just when I need to lie down having got in from work I then spend 2 hours waiting and talking on the phone give me strength and a darkened room. It really should not be this difficult.
But eh it was Friday and had a nice glass of wine and can put my feet up for now.
I think someone got me mixed up with Kris high heels and lady on a trailer not in my neck of the woods, phew fancy that on the M25 Are you listening Kris?
Dee hope all goes well with the Tamoxifen remember only the young uns get to take that.Hope the cording is reducing.
Hope all mentioned or not are in my thoughts and hugs, holding hands tightly with my VF. Love Jackie xx

sandra4

Hi Ladies

Sorry l have been in hibernation with Toby, been feeling kind of glum, and nothing to do with bc(as if!) no really hasn't been, other things going on and trying to sort them out in a head that is already muddled!! hence the word search, keeps me busy! and l need that at the moment.

Looking forward to our family day out tomorrow, well not quite family, no OH (working) and Mum (too much walking) but we are all getting together on Sunday for a meal and cake eating and present opening, the penguin is for grandson number 2 who will be 4 on Sunday, one of his favourite's the other being Meerkats.
Oh Sunday will be a nice surprise, all coming to us!! Lol, love it really.

Anne hope you enjoyed your evening out. need to go to ww, put 3lbs on in the last few weeks, worrying and eating!! really must stop, Now!!

Cannot believe we haven't knocked Nell off!! Too good for us Nell!

Suze/K your cruise sounds lovely, l went on a cruise when l was 20 never forgot it, had a fab time (before l was married!) all the 'nice' girls love a sailor!! could have lived on the ship forever, l love the sea, l think l am going to be 'buried' at sea, in the hope l will turn into a mermaid! oh just realised they have long hair!!!!!

Heather, No don't do holidays, when l got the dogs, l said l would never put them in kennels, so the boys were at an age when they did their own thing and me and OH are quite happy at home! The eldest is too old to drag about on holidays, and the younger one is not good in the car! so no point in making them unhappy!

Cannot believe so many ladies are on Tamoxifen, surely you are through the menopause? is it just me and Kanga on Letrozole?

Dil's Mum is still in hospital, not sure what is going on, seems the doctors want to talk to dil, but Mum is being awkward and telling them NO! Social services phoned dil up yesterday and said Mum cant look after herself!! and would need a lot of help! dil asked what was wrong with Mum and lady said l can't give you that information you need to speak to the doctors!! vicious circle!

Think my hair has hibernated, seems verrrryyyyy slooowwwww.

Grandson came out of playgroup singing ba ba rainbow sheep!! arhhhh l could scream bring back BLACK!

Someone broke into our 'office' at the back of the shop the other night, cut the lead pipes and one just happened to be Gas!! what is the world coming too! luckily OH popped into the shop on his way to market at 3am so disturbed them, the thought that the gas would have been escaping for 5 hours until the shop opens!! There are flats above the shop, just dread to think what might have happened to the people if there had been an explosion they would never have got out, their stairs are right by our office.

Isabelle, was watching something the other night about foot and mouth! did if effect your farm? just couldn't watch those poor animals staggering about.

Oh well this won't knock Nell off! and need to be in bed by 10 tonight! so tired!

Hugs
Sandra

dee49

Yes Maria agree with you, Yippee to our baby! and she IS doing too much!!

Hope your cold eases up and you soon get some relief - hope you're not overdoing it either!

Lost a fingernail today so won't be able to beat Sandra in the typing game on FB; but can still play wordsearch, think Heather has now beaten Sandra so if she's absent we know what you're doing Sandra....

Ohh and started Tamoxifen today too.

Right better go and set the table.....

Love & Hugs to all,

Nell xxx