367067posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

Re: Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

Hi Ladies,
I hope you all had a lovely easter weekend. Sorry I haven't been around latley but been feeling really anti-social/depressed and don't know why. Been keeping busy with work and daughter has just added an extra day to her working week, so I have the grandaughters now on a tuesday morning, I am so outta of pratice with them - I'm exhausted but it was lovely. I go away with my sisters a week on friday so have been busy making maxi dresses, as fast as I make them the disapear into Kirsty's wardrobe so they must be ok but it means I need to make myself more.

Nell, no dobut you have gone already, but I hope you really enjoy your holiday.

Right I best go and catch up with what everyone has been upto

Lots of love to everyone
Tracey xxxxx

Hi ladies,
Have a great holiday Nell xxx
I hope everyone is doing ok, I'm having a peaceful evening on gc until tommorrow, I'll be glad when they are back to school.
I have got my daughter's little dog though, as she and the children have been camping at the Lakes for a couple of days, if I haven't got the kids i've got the dog lol!!!
I hope everyone has had a good Easter .

Hugs and best wishes to all,

Isabelle xxx
ps I'm glad the camping hol went well Vickie, got the bug now eh!?

It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent. ~Dave Barry

Thats my facebook status today! Not had time to catch up, just popping on to say hi and happy easter to everyone. Had a great time camping, rained friday night but the tent held up! Think we are gonna buy our own tent. I am so grateful that i have been well enough to enjoy eAster. I was about to start chemo ladt year, as we all were. Yuk, i felt so ill and the warm weather and easter has brought it all back.

Anyhows, night all

vickie
x

Just popping in to wish Nell a Really relaxing happy holiday! eat, drink and be merry!!

Hugs
Sandra xxx

just a quickie

Nell, have a super holiday!!

Thanx for your kind wishes re my mom, , , really helps to know I've people I can chat too xxxxx

Happy easter xxxx

Wishing everyone a lovely Easter.
Haven't had chance to catch up with you all yet but will soon. Have just got back from a week in Devon with OH and all of his family-his parents, brothers, sisters and their partners and children, 28 of us altogether. We were so lucky with the weather, we all rushed to the beach on the first day - got to do it while the sun's shining and then it was the same every day!! Amazing.
Am catching up with the washing at the moment though it's not so bad when it dries so quickly on the line 🙂
Back to work for me on Wednesday, going to be a shock to the system!! I'm meant to be doing half a day and then that's it till the week after.
Must go, more washing to put on the line.

love and hugs,
Gill xx

Flippin Heck !! You´ve been and gone and done 300 and I missed it !!
Well slap me in thf face with a wet fish !!
I´ve been trying hard to read and keep up with all the news , but this week has been a nightmare.
Glad to hear your news Nell , fnacy worrying like that and not telling us .
Saffie is moving , lucky thing , nothing on the house front here unfortunately , we have the odd viewing , but there are generally "odd ". How can people be "looking " for a property for 18 months . Are they unable to make a decision or what ?! Muppets !!
Had a fabulous time in the Uk , I ordered the weather and look what I got ......lucky me ! never before have I got off a plane at Bournemouth airport and not ended up getting wet .
Bought myself a bus card for a week , and Sam and I went everywhere . Browsea Island where we hunted for buried treasure . By the way girls , do not believe them when they say that Brownsea Island is overrun with red squirrels .....it´s a lie . There´s one . He crops up in a coupleof different places , but believe me .........it´s the b***** same squirrel ! Lovely time there . So many things to do and see in that area , but my goodness , it´s expensive taking kids out .
Took my little granddaughter to the beach as Sam was at a party . She fell asleep , and piggy here wanted an icecream . Two pounds , I said :::TWO POUNDS !! Wow , I did´nt know whether to frame it or eat it . Enjoyable , but hell , I´m glad she was asleep else it would have been four pounds . The old Navy pension would´nt last long there I tell you !
Vickie , Sandra , and all other mums and ladies looking after smallies , let alone with BC as well , I take my hat off to you all.It´s B++++++ hard work ! Forgotten just how exhausting the little beauties can be . Non spot talk till your brain feels fried with the overheating , back breaking as you spend so much time grovelling around on the floor pretending to be somethingg or another , chipping the nail varnish on your toes as you scrable over rocks , knocking your ankles and issuing forth , words my son would quail to hear me utter in the presence of Sam . I tried to be so careful , and am hoping that he won´ñt return to school remember ing a couple of choice words I used without thinking , in the heat of a painful moment .
Used a few of your ideas alomg the way . Did an egg hunt in the garden , and then a hououse egg hunt with the two of them when Abi came back from nursery . Forgot how hard it is to keep the peace between two siblings who are intent on murder over the same toy .
One thing more . Who are these ridiculous stupid old womem who decide at 50 or 60 that they cannot live withouot a baby ? They must be off their heads . How on earth would they ever manage with teenagers when they are approaching 70 , mind you , if their getting a bit senile by then , they proberbly have forgotten that they´re not themselves ! We´ve all seen the state some women get themselves into trying to look younger , act younger and dress younger . I´ve no wish to look 30 , ( 45 would do nicely thank you ! ) love the fashions , always have , but know that at my age and my size it aint pretty , the legs are allright , it´s the belly and the arse that let it dowwn
This week has been awful . Not much time to write now , but only got back late sunday evening, walking jack in the rain tuesday , very early as OH had appointment in a hospital in Malaga , what did we find , soaking wet , cold as ice , left to die at the side of the road .................a puppy .
Well what can you do ? What could any normal human being with a heart do ? I had to pick it up and cuddle it to try to get some warmth back into it´s poor little body . Rang my very good friend , explained the situation , and she kindly arranged to collect the puppy from me as we went off to the hospital , and I would collect it when I came home .
She took it to the vets , it´s a boy , about five weeks old , and the vet thinks taken straight from the mother .
Anyone want a puppy ? Very sweet , very cute , pees and pooos for Spain !
Must go , it´s feeding time !!
Great to be back and to read all your news , so K´s on a cruise , jolly good for her , so pleased as she´ll have no peace now until after the 12th . Carol was it a birthday you had or an anniversary ? Whatever , congratulations , and Sandra as well ? Missed a lot have´nt I ? Who´s in Southampton ?
Isabelle , I thought having all those lambs was lovely and sweet and cute , one puppy and I can see the hard work involved , I admire your stamina , cos I feel like I´ve none .
Bye girls speak to you soon ,
luvKanga

Morning Ladies and a Happy Easter Sunday to you all!

Oh dear Suze I'm so sorry to hear about your OH and his broken heel and I do sympathise with him; not nice the pain from broken bones 😞

Sandra, I'm sure your gc will have a lovely day today on your easter egg hunt and I bet they're soooo excited; hope the weather stays nice for them. As for looking for a bike - have you thought about a Honda? Ours is lovely ;0) vrmmm.........

"Oh dear" to Heather too; you poor thing so many things going on with you and always here with a smile and a story. Just wish we could take your aches and pains away for you.
Oh and just a thought - Suze's OH isn't your brother is he?

We had a lovely day at MILs and she was really pleased to see us; didn't let her do anything and OH did a few odd jobs for her too, always got a tool kit with him!

Enjoy the day ladies, I'm off to do some more packing; OH hasn't started yet and we go on Tuesday! (but I have packed his clothes for him).

Love & Hugs Nell xxx

Ps Hope those sleeping bags are still dry V 😉

Hi Ladies, what a glorious day it has been, well it was up until a couple of hours ago, then the thunder and lightening, but not much rain! in fact hardly wet the floor, but a lot of thunder!
OH phoned and said a dog had run into his shop, and sat cowering in the corner, so OH put the shutters down and phoned me!!
I got in touch with the stray dog man! who told me a lady had just phoned to say her dog had run off when the thunder started! phoned the lady, she was so stressed, but very happy someone had found her dog! more the dog found OH!! Anyway she is now back with her dog!

Decided as l wasn't having an Easter Egg 'l' would treat myself to a ring and bracelet, wanted an amethyst! the ring was perfect, but sadly the bracelet was too small, why do they make bracelets so small!! my wrists aren't that big!! will have to keep looking!!

On the way back l heard a noise, pulled into Mr McDonalds!! and there was my flat tyre!! so phoned Mr Green Flag man and off l went to get a 'happy meal' Yuk! but l was hungry and thirsty! just as l came out Mr Green Flag man arrived, before l finished my Happy meal he had my new tyre on and l was off on my way!

Nell Hope you managed to get your hotcross buns and easter eggs! and they didn't melt on the way! it was so hot here!!
Thanks for the tortoise info. l have tried lots of pet shops, but they only have ones about a year old and l need one about 4 or more, as you cannot hibernate them under 4 years old, otherwise l would need a Vivarium, and l don't really want one of those in doors.

Carol, Yes l did see that bike, l remember when l was a child the girl bikes had a v shape and the boys had a crossbar! now the girls seem to have a double v shape, not quite so keen on them, but the Raleigh one l liked was £260 didn't really want to pay all that, so might have to go and have a trial run!!

Heather, Not sure about your legs, the blood test is always going to show an infection while you have bad legs! do they not know the cause! or what it is? fingers crossed it will sort itself out soon, hope it isn't going to end up like our Jackie's hole!!

Suze, what are you like, kicking the ladder from under your OH! my BIL fell from a height and completely crushed his heal, he was in hospital for ages, they had a job to put it back together, then he was on crutches forever!

Grandson phoned to say he was excited about Easter tomorrow, what he means is he wants lots of Easter Eggs!! eldest grandson is not so bothered about chocolate, unlike his Grandma! mind you since peachy it doesn't taste qute the same, or perhaps l have just gone off it!! still keep trying it!!

Oh Suze, l am not going to 'lay' eggs in the garden l am going to 'place' them!! not quite managed to lay an egg yet!
My grandma used to boil eggs and paint a face or pattern on them and we would roll them on the grass, the winner was the one who didn't crack their egg!! little things pleased little minds!!
Hope everyone is having a stress free Easter

Hugs
Sandra
xxx

Happy Easter everyone, hope your having a lovely day. Weather here as been beautiful, just got the football match on, at Chelsea it is pouring with rain there, hope it is staying dry for our Vickie.
Isabelle, was just telling hubby what your SIl is going to be doing, sleeping in a teepee, he said he is on his way, he would love to do something like that.
Dee, really pleased everything was ok with your tests, you naughty girl you should have told us. Hope your having a nice weekend and enjoying your hot cross buns.
Carol, your dancing bride and groom makes me laugh, first time I saw it I thought I was seeing thing. Hubby as been gardening, we have carrots, beetroots, radish, spring onions in one place. Then he as put some potatoes in for me, dont know if we will get anything from them, and we have got a few tomamtoe plants and a chilli. Dont know if they will do anything because we dont have a greenhouse, but he thought he would just give them a go.
Jackie, glad your hole is about better, it as been a long time. I bet your spending all your spare time in the garden at the minute.
Suze, how awful for your OH, bet he is really fed up, looks like your going to have to sit and eat easter eggs all weekend, dont you get climbing up anywhere.
Maria, yes everyone seems busy, sounds like your going to be busy in your garden.
Sandra, sorry to here about your DIl mum, it must be awful for her. And your friend with the skin cancer, this disease just strikes anyone anytime, it doesn't matter how you live, or how much money you have it still can get you. Right lighter note, hope you have a good easter egg hunt, my daughter and her family are coming for lunch tomorrow, but one of the boys is nearly 18 and the other 15, so they dont have easter bunny no more, they still have the eggs though lol My mum always used to do the easter egg hunt for my 2, my brother was younger than me, and he didn't have any children till mine were a lot older. One easter Sunday my mum hid all the eggs, and the hunt was after dinner. So we had dinner and the kids couldn't wait, so off they went with my mum and we heard 'lets look in here to see if the bunnys been in here' and we heard'No he as not been here' so off they went again, and once again we heard 'lets see if he as been in here' and we heard'No he hasn't been in here' Well this went on for a while and my mum was getting more confused, my brother took me to one side and whispered, him and his girl friend had moved them and hidden them some where else lol Mum was fuming be we had a good laugh, and it kept the kids amused for ages lol
Jill, hope you had a good few days away.
Well I went to doctors on Wednesday, he gave me more antibiotics because blood test still showing infection in my blood. I have got to go and have another injection in my hip. Then wednesday after noon the hospital rang to see if I could get to an appointment this Wednesday. So I said ok, then this morning a letter came and said I have got to take the letter with me, my medication, and a diary so they can book appoints for me for tests and treatment. Dont ask what tests or treatment because I dont know, hope all we be revealed on Wednesday. FIL still waiting for his appointment for his results. Well all of you carry on having a good easter, hope you get plenty of eggs (I meen chocolate ones lol)
Take care,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,
just popping in to wish everyone a very Happy Easter, loads of sunshine and warmth too :-))
Not quite having the relaxing Ester as planned as OH was building a carport at his house yesterday and the ladder slipped, he jumped and is now in hospital with a broken heel bone. Because it's b holiday weekend there are no facilities and he needs a ct scan apparently..they say this will be done on Weds or Thurs...in the meantime he has to sit and wait and only have painkillers for the excruciating pain until late next week!!!

We should have gone out for a meal last night which obviously was cancelled and tonight he had bought tickets to go and see Ghost in Manchester as an Easter surprise for me!

Carol, you sound as busy as ever...retirement is good then lol. Don't overdo it...I noticed that on your long lost of jobs only 1 was delegated to your OH...I think he needs a bigger list lol xx

Sandra, weeding and planting and mowing the tortoise, a busy bee. Then she is going to lay eggs all around the garden!, hope the sun doesn't melt them, have a lovely day xx

Oh must go...OH neeeds me to go to hospital as he is trying to transfer.....catch up later
Happy Easter Suze xxxxx

hiya, girls and a happy Easter.
Sandra, in answer to your question-my lilac bike is a Halfords Apollo Jewel. havn't been out on it yet as been too busy making hanging baskets -3down-3 to go, and lots to do at the allotment, tomatoes in the greenhouse, potatoes in, cabbages in, frame up for the runners (oh's job)etc, etc.have sown some Romaine, so you can send Toby up!
Nell, have a good time at MILs
off to do the shopping now and then allotment

have a good day

Carolxxx

Morning Ladies,

Sandra really pleased that you had a lovely day in the garden and felt normal, it's a good feeling isn't it. I took my mum, dad and son to a garden centre, then we had lunch by the canal and drove back home over the moors it was a beautiful day. And yes I felt normal too 🙂

Off to MILs today; will get the hot cross buns on the way as advised! and hopefully and Easter egg for my step daughter; OH usually gets it and as is typical of him, always last minute! At least I've got all the baby ones to take over.

Ooh just another thought Sandra.... I've seen a few tortoises in the aquatics centres we go to for our pond and tank supplies, so maybe you might find one if there's any neaar you? just a thought.

Off to wake up 'the boys' ....

Love & Hugs, Nell xxx

Hi Ladies,
I hope you are all enjoying yourselves having a Happy Easter!!

I have cut the lawn in preparation for the Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday!! hope the dogs don't get to the eggs before the children!! could be a few tears!!

Cut loads of shrubs down, had to keep an eye on Toby, he likes the lawn mower, keeps walking in front of it! told him he was taking his life in his hands or feet! but he ignored me!
It was lovely to potter in the garden all day, felt normal!

Dogs had a haircut so they are ok for 6 weeks!

Been searching the internet for a Tortoise, would love another one!

Also been searching the internet for a bike, saw one ages ago, but lost track of what it was!! will keep searching!

No Nell you are not too 'deep' xxx

Hugs

Sandra
xxx

Morning Ladies,

Just popped on to say "Happy Easter" to everybody and hope you have a peaceful one.

Sandra so sorry to hear about your friend, really hope they've 'got it all'. As for the skin cancer I think I told you that I had it when I was 13 and had a 'mole' removed from the side of my face? Well I had two more 'bumps' on my cheek on the same side and always, always covered them up in the sun, then I'd noticed they'd 'gone down' after peachy and mentioend it to my onc, she said they were probably pre-cancerous and the chemo has knocked them back so have to keep 'my eye' on them now.
So again, the sun is a massive contributer but I wonder how much of a role our genes play in all this as both my mum and my gran have had skin cancer too.

Just a thought, bit too deep at times aren't I - sorry ladies!

Love and Hugs, Nell xxx

Hi Ladies

Isabelle, hope SIL enjoys his tepee! Perhaps when he was a child he wanted to be an indian, and living on a farm they only let him be a cowboy! So he is living his childhood dream!! Well at least he will not be too far from the comforts of his own home! So you can take him a nice cooked breakfast!

Unlike Vickie! Who is a braver girl than me! could have done Nells ‘camping’ but not in a field in Wales, but l am sure the boys will love it, and so will you Vickie!
When you look up at the stars at night, don’t think how lovely is this!! Cos it means someone has pinched your tent!!

Can’t seem to get away from cancer at the moment! My friend who was there for me all during my prognosis and treatment, had a very small spot on the side of her nose, the doctor obviously knew because he got her an appointment at the hospital the following week, they said it was skin cancer, she has had quite a large area taken away. They said it was due to the sun, which l find hard to believe as she never sits out and always wears factor 30, when we were ‘young’ she always made sure she had cream on! So seems strange to me!
so it is wait and see, she may need more cut away, her OH is waiting for a cancer test result. Just too many people.

So today has been a bit of a snakes and ladder day, shed a few tears with my friend. But had a lovely lunch with friends l was in hospital with.

Jackie, you will miss that hole when it has filled up!! Are we due for a meet soon? I know Siobhan and Gill are away, not sure how long for!

Maria, hope you got that garden sorted, must cut my grass tomorrow!need to dig the weeds up first and plant in Toby's garden!

Carol, he could see the wrinkles but not the bald head no boob!!

Jill, Get on fb then we can see your holiday snaps!! hope you had a lovely relaxing time, Other than when Nell went vrooming by!!

Anne, How are you? long time no hear, haven't seen you on fb either, perhaps you are on holiday too! hope you are well!

Think l need a coffee and a 'treat' oh my tummy is getting bigger and bigger, must get on a diet! perhaps tomorrow!!

Hugs
Sandra
xxx

Hi have been reading mostly. What a lot of comings and goings.
Heather yes Kanga was over briefly. Now what about those red
legs of yours? Are they recovering.
Have read so much that I can not remember all you have all said.
Carol too much tooing and froing with the bridal couple. As Suze said one step forwards and 2 back rem. Remember it well Dee good that you are doing OK As per going back to work Be quite clear what you think you can manage and ask for a review at weekly intervals pace yourself carefully. And it really helps if you feel you need to get back into the flow of things but at your pace.
Thanks Carol I am earthing up the tatties
Also Dee I think it was you who asked about going to MIL Agree with Sandra take hot X buns and turn up unexpectedly. ( with choc eggs? )Hope it all goes well.Glad the news was good for you, you poor thing keeping it all to yourself.
So has our Karen eloped then? Last thing I saw we were having a hen party at Marial’s now ???
Wow hole is now really healed up am so so pleased stitches out and it looks really clean and OK Practice nurse also really pleased and receptionist too as did not need another appt
Ladies hugs too you all struggling to keep up but sending you all hugs and have Happy Easter J xx

Morning Ladies,

Thank you so much for your kind words; they really do mean so much, have my mammo next month but guess most of you have already been there ehh?

Sandra so sorry to hear about your dil's mil; such sad news. Hope you enjoy your day out today.

Vickie don't forget the bucket for night time 'emergencies' - I much prefer camping, but only if it's hot - not much fun a wet sleeping bag! When I was much younger we camped from Long Island up to Niagara Falls and it was wonderful, a fantastic experience and would def do it again so hope you enjoy it - and the kids should love it. But most of all ENJOY !

Isabelle perhaps our V could hire the tepee instead from your bil? Love the little lambs never seen any that newborn before.

Jill Hi and glad you enjoyed trip to the lakes; did you see us on the bike on Sunday?

Maria, enjoy your gardening,

I hope everybody else is ok whether reading and not posting; just saying Hi to you all esp. if you're not on FB - Jackie and Jill.....

Love & Hugs, Nell xxx

Just popped in and goodness all sorts of things are happening.
Nell, I do understand, about no wanting to upset us, but this is where you can share such worries. Thank goodness all is looking good
Sandra sorry to hear about dil's mother, but at least now you know why she has been acting strangely.
Vickie, CAMPING wow, what can I say, I've also done it in the past when I was younger, you are younger so go for it girl.
Isabelle, your sil is a bit mad, but he may well just do it, to spite you all !
Carol your couple are all over the place on my computer
Jill, glad you had a good time away.
Hope all those on holiday have fun
I'm off to sort out the garden
Hugs Maria

Hi Ladies,
Denise, I hope you are feeling a bit better after your results, we are all here for each other so don't keep worries like that to yourself if you want someone to chat to we are always here, glad about the outcome. Sorry to here about your infection and blisters, always something is'nt it? I hope all gets much better very soon, take care, lots of hugs xxx
Vickie, hope the camping hols go well, used to do hols like that many moons ago but I like my comfort now, I think it comes with age lol!!! Have a great time the boys will love it...
My SIL has just bought a teepee (indian) he is going to live in it up in the fields during the summer, wants his bl---dy head looking!!!
He's bought allsorts of sutff to go in it, mats, lamps, sheepskin rugs to sleep on, wall hangings and I could go on. We have asked how long it will last if the weather gets bad, but he's living in airy fairy land !!! BL---DY NUTS...
Pleased to here that my little lambs and calves went down well on fb, they are very cute.
Take care everyone
lots of hugs,

Isabelle xxx

hello. girls, it's me again with "the happy couple"
hope those going away have a fab time
Vickie, at least you don't have to worry about taking a hairdrier with your new low maintenance hair do.
Nell. so pleased your worries were unfounded.
Jill, hope you had a good time in the lakes-well not in the actual lakes, obviously!
bit of a cliff hanger regards Kanga and still no photo, perhaps she's a figment of our imagination!
Sandra, nothing wrong with being chatted up, he obviously didn't realise he was chatting up a wrinkly-only joking!!!

Hugs

Carolxx

It seems we are off camping to wales tmrw :-0

2011 beats 2010 hands down, but vickie camping and running!!? Whats that about!!!

Glad yr news was good dee, phew. But don't try and spare our feelings you silly s0d, this is the one place we can let loose.x

Hope we all have a fab easter, beats that bag of the proverbial easter last year.

Off to pack skimpy clothes for day, fleeces and thermals for night. Hetes hoping the hot flushes keep me warm!

Love to all

v
x

Just back from a few days in the Lake District and I find I've missed loads!
So Happy Belated Birthdays to Sandra & Carol and well done Denise on your results.
Will catch up more later.

Jill

Never ends does it Nell? but good news! so that makes us all very Happy! xxx to you, and hugs for all your worries (((Hugs)))

Carol, l love your bride and groom, well when l say 'love' l mean they make me laugh! they are obviously here to stay!!

See our Gill is on holiday again! lucky girl!

Kanga is back in Spain, l am sure she will be on soon to tell you about her little 'boy'.

Siobhan, hope you have/had a lovely holiday

Heather, no not doing anything for the Royal Wedding, not even going to buy a royal wedding cup! l do 'like' the royals but not that much!

Had lots of fun in the Lego shop at Bluewater, eldest grandson loves lego, so he had Harry Potter Lego train for his easter present, and grandson number 2 had Toy story lego! so they were very happy. Dil managed to spend some of her birthday money (hers is 7 days before mine)
Oh yes l got chatted up by one of the security guards in M & S!! little did he know he was trying to pull a one boobed bald 'lady' gave dil a laugh!

Dil has now found out what is wrong with her Mum, only because the doctor asked her to sign a form saying her Mum was to go into a home, because she was unable to look after herself! and on the form it said she had cancer in the lungs and brain spread from her cancer two years ago. We thought it probably had, but not had it confirmed. very very sad.

Going to lunch tomorrow with two ladies l was in hospital with a year ago! sadly one has secondary cancer, the other like me is doing ok! so looking forward to that.

The weather has been gorgeous again! got a bit wet and cold this afternoon, with two little boys and water pistols!! but l got my own back!!!

Hope everyone is ok!

Sandra xxx

Thanks Suze,

Was gonna post when I found it but was in our V's 'Vomitville' and just went to bed early and clinic next day, then kind of 'forgot' about it as the consultant wasn't overly worried, booked the holiday and pushed it to the back of my mind - good job I've got my guys to keep me busy ehh!

Phew Nell,
very relieved for you. Good news you secret keeper you .....hugs xxxxx

Quick 'Hello again'....

Just got back from hospital as I had to have a scan on my one boob as I found some dimpling and tenderness and had pain in my shoulder as you can imagine the alarm bells were ringing so rang bcn and she got me in the clinic next day (gulp). Anyway that was two weeks ago and I pushed it out of my mind as my consultant wasn't overly worried (and I think having travelled down the road we have you get to read them don't you) but said he'll do ultrasound and poss another bone scan 😕 Then the letter came for the scan and still I never told you but just wasn't ready to talk about it when everyone seems to be doing ok and moving forward.
Anyway, they said it all looks ok and I am sooooo relieved!

Just wanted to share my good news with you......

Nell xxx

Nell, That sounds the perfect solution! just turn up! as long as you take the hot cross buns!! and tell her you had lunch on the way!!
xxx

Morning Ladies,

Oh Suze I love the comment about Carols bride and broom; guess that hits a nerve with us 'divorcees' ehh!!!
Anyway all I can say is second time around is best ever! Talk about learning from your mistakes lol....

Been to Docs this morning and have infection in hiyateardrop area under arm so on anti-b's again. Thank goodness it's numb as I can't feel the blisters!

So won't be able to go in the pool, but you ladies had already told me that and she said no to the sea too, but can paddle! Oh and be careful in the sun, so first thing we're gonna buy when we get there is a parasol! Got my F50 ready too, E45 sunblock and Aloe Vera pure gel so think I'm well prepared!

Not going to MIL's now as she's not well enough to have us all over night as it's a big event us going over there as all the family turn up (bit like Sandra's) and she really works hard, although we all do help out but it's stressful having people stay when you're not so good isn't it?
Anyway I said we should go and make a 'surprise' visit for an hour or so but not tell her as she'll start baking and shopping etc and I don't want her to do that; just want to turn up have a cuppa, a hug, a chat and then home without any pressure on her to 'cater' for us all - does that seem fair? It's just that if we say we'll come over after lunch, you know what mums are like she'll do something for tea and I don't want her to do anything if that makes sense!
What do you ladies think?

Heather I had to laugh at your comment about Jackie's hole healing; it did sound a bit rude, or is that just my mind lol?

Siobhan I guess you're on your way now and think I will be on my way on your return, but hey have a good one, cos I intend to!

A few things left to iron so must dash......

Love and hugs to all, Nell xxx

hadn't noticed that!!

xx must go, I hear 6 potential hanging baskets calling!!

Carolxxx

Haha Carole, I can't help but laugh at the very irritating bride and groom.....they certainly are true to life..one step forwrd and two steps back lol xxx

apologise again for the extremely irritating bride & groom, am awaiting the moderator to get back with a solution. sorry, if I'm too late, but have a super holiday,Siobhan.
thankyou, everyone for your birthday wishes. I have had a really good day.

Carolxxx

Happy Birthday Carol, hope your having a lovely day and evening xxxxx
Dee, hope you have a fantastic easter away.
Sandra, sounds like you had a lovely birthday, your pictures look brilliant, looks like everyone was having fun.
Maria, hope you have a nice easter break, are you haveing some sun like us?
Isabelle, I like the sound of that, men coming in from the fields, how many men, and are you sharing with your friends lol
Siobhan hope you have a good few days away, can't wait to here about your adventure.
What did I hear, Kanga is in the country again? I wondered were she had disappeared to.
Sandra legs did match my outfit, but they didn't clash after I had put on a pair of Barely black tights, they toned them down a bit lol
Jackie, you on holiday from work over easter ? Hows the hole now, is it healing up?
Vickie, I promise I will try find you sponsership thing on FB tomorrow xxx
Saffron have a good holiday xxxx
Suze, I am not sure if your going away, but what ever your doing over easter have a lovely time.
I hope all you lovely ladies get loads of easter eggs, I love easter egg chocolate, bet you wouldn't have guessed that lol
Are any of you doing anything for the royal wedding, any parties? anything?
Well I will be back before easter, but for those of you going away have a good time xx
Take care,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxxx

Hi all,
Happy Birthday Carol, hope you are having a fab day.
Hope everyone is well and enjoying the lovely weather.
Just a quick one to pop in and say hi. Am going away tomorrow to Istanbul with some friends for a few days, but being picked up in about an hour or so to stay at a friends tonight for an early flight and not quite finished packing yet, so best dash!! Will post again when I get back.
Take care all,
Siobhan xx

Carol wishing you a very Happy Birthday hope you are having a lovely day Jackie xx

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Carol, have a lovely day.
Lots of love from
Maria

Morning Ladies,
Another beautiful day! well it has to be doesn't it Carol........

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday Dear Carol
Happy Birthday to Yooooouuuuuuuu

Have a lovely day Carol!
xxx

Hi Ladies,

Ok l want a field like Isabelle's where 'men' come in from it!!

I am sure all but the 'odd' one or two know l had a fab birthday, and took lots of photo's! Thank you all so very much for your good wishes xxx

Think someone asked about Kanga! she is 'here' well not 'here with me' but l mean England! well she was, she may well have gone back now! bit of childcare!! think she said something about being rather tired, but in her own words!!!

Ok sounds like you all have the 'cake' sorted, can l put the 'couple' on the top! thought for Carl a man with a blue tie! seems he has given K a teddy with a blue tie for when she is on her cruise! she never mentioned anything about any other clothes!! so a naked man with a blue tie!! obviously the blue tie is something personal between them!! do we want to know? YES! will have to think about the 'lady'

Saffronseed, so you now have the keys! congratulations on your new home! let the work commence!!!!

Oh by the way, ladies, your 'Happy Birthday singing' was lovely but rather out of tune! perhaps a bit more practise before 'the wedding' don't want to be out of tune in the church!

Heather your outfit looks beautiful, now of course you will have to buy a new one for K's wedding, now we have seen it!!
Did the red legs clash with the dress?

K have a fab cruise! don't forget the teddy!!

Gosh Vickie, when l saw you were feeling guilty about asking for sponsors, l thought that doesn't sound like 'our' Vickie!! but the next lines confirmed it was you!

Jackie, you signed up for fb yet? oh yes the photo of our Kanga!

Nell, l just seen it was you asking about Kanga! she is a little tired!!
Happy Holiday! l am sure you will be fine in the sea! all that salt water will help!!!! if not just fill the bath up and have a good splash! glad l put the 'p' in there!!!

Dug the garden today and did the ironing, what a come down from my lovely day yesterday! but tomorrow dil and l, plus two little ones are going to Bluewater!

Hugs and Love

Sandra xxx

Hi ladies,
I hope everyone is having a good day.
Denise, I could'nt swim when I went on the cruise in Septembe after rads ended in August, you will have to be careful of any reaction on your skin, take care,
Men just came in from the fields got to give them supper, back later.

Isabelle xxx

Suze, Thanks for that, guessed it might be something like that and I have blisters too 😞

Oooh just a thought.... Can I go in the sea?

Well you don't know it you don't ask!

Sorry Dee to bear this news but I was told no swimming till 8 weks after rads (chlorine in the water may react) it meant I couldn't go in pool when we went to Turkey in Nov
Have a good time anyway xxxx

Morning Ladies,

Manged to get out on the dream machine yesterday - Whoooo..... And No Isabelle it wasn't us "Vrmming" past your farm as I put on Sandra's post lol.... although we did get to the Lakes, but only Bowness. It was a gorgeous day and I manged to go commando too! Stopped off at 'Devil's Bridge' Kirkby Lonsdale on way back - a well known biker spot and you get a lovely cuppa there too.

I know Sandra had a good day and the weather was nice - so a lovely day enjoyed by all I think? but not sure how your weather is Maria and I know I can google it, but think my son is better at that than me!

I really must go and make a start on the packing as we go to MIL for Easter so not much time to do it now. Just had DN round as there are blisters in the rads area and I am very red; she put some gel patches on and told me to go to gp Thurs if no different. I am still going on holiday whatever, just hope I can still go swimming too! Not asking for much am I lol.....

Hope everybody is ok,

Kanga you are too quiet......

Love & Hugs, Nell xxx

Sandra Happy Birthday.
Karen have a fab cruise.
Love to all you ladies. Will be back to post soon. J xx

Hello everybody,

Now i feel slightly guilty about asking people to sponsor me. 😞

phew, luckily i am fickle so am over my guilt now! Nearly up to £500! Karen and dee, i'll sponsor you. Sue, i know you were thinking of doing the wilmslow half marathon next year so I'll sponsor you for that too.....

Sandra, hope you had lots of sunshine, birthday cAke and fizzy wine today. You deserve it after a true shocker of a year. Maria, yep, really inspired by the marathon today. NOT! In fact i was at church with my sons for palm sunday. Running and church. Am a changed girl.

Got to go for a run this evening. We train on tuesdays and its 6 miles this week. Then we have to do two homework runs in tbe intervening period, and i've not been this weekend yet. Really don't want to drag my sorry backside off this comfy chair but i'll hAve to. Ggrrrrr.

Right, time to get my a**e in gear, love to all, try not to fall out of any more sheds eh?

Vickie
x

ps. The 3 word thread is good fun, have a look-see
x

Hi,
Quick post to say Happy birthday to our wise birthday owl and hope that she is enjoying the very pleasant day today. Weather was probably specially ordered for the occasion.

K good to hear from you, enjoy the cruise, take it easy and be well, hope you and Mary have a fab time (and teddy blue too)

Heather, green nails!, I passed through Banbury station yesterday on way back north from Southampton (passed through on Thursday on way down also) and waved my pink hand at you, I imagined you there on the platform waving back :-))))
Heather your pic of the wedding is beautiful you look sooo glam xx love it 🙂

Maria, hen do at your house will be great, can't wait :-))

ok have to dash.....catch you all soon
Have a lovely evening everyone
Hugs from Suze
xxxxx

Hi Ladies, I have tried to put a pic of me and hubby from when we were at the wedding, I am trying to put some more on Fb, not very good at this kind of things though.
Saffron, wow you are a busy lady, make sure you rest and have a lovely time at the lakes.
Carol, yes I remember grot bags, I am more like her than a goth lol. Hey you know all you ladies on here that do lots of gardening, well your the green finger gang, I am starting the green nail gang lol
Maria, would be a lovely hen party at yours, we could see your fantastic kitchen. For the new friends we have on here our Maria had a lovely new kitchen fitted last year. She had sexy builders and all sorts happening there, and to top it off we went on a cyber holiday there lol
Dee, the weather is getting warmer, have you polished up that dream machine 🙂
Karen, hope you have a fantastic holiday, you deserve it, hope you and Mary have fun.
Sandra, Happy Birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birhday dear Sandra,
Happy birthday to you
Hope your having a fantastic day xxxxxxxxx
Well ladies the weather is lovely here, hope it is where you are,
Take care,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxx

Hi Saffronseed, glad you have plenty of energy to cope with all you are doing, sounding good
Little Nell, thank you for reminding me that it is Sandra's birthday, hope you have a good day too. Geography lessons sounds just the ticket.
Carol, all seems well with you too.
Pam, you are very welcome to come to the hen do at my place, we won't mind if you don't have cleavage, but I know what you mean
Heather, what with red legs and green nails you will begin to look like a rainbow. I am glad you have been hovering, but sad to hear you and the family have so many health problems at the moment.
Karen great to hear from you, I am sorry you seem to be still having problems, you know this is the place to share them. And a problem shared is a problem halved.......... well you know what I mean, we are here. Have a great holiday and think of Carl more often than us !! I think we will have a hen do even if you don't get married yet.
Vickie, did you get some inspiration from the London marathon today ? Thanks for the P3sutmp.
And last but not least: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SANDRA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
Love to you all
Maria

Hi Girls popped on today as I was up bright and early and noticed from facebook it was Sandra's birthday - Sandra have a really good day and enjoy the day, the sunshine and make sure you are looked after!

Read through the posts there is so much going on with us all now its so refreshing to read after the difficult times we all go through - well done everyone and keep up the good work!

Get the Keys to the new house (bungelow)on Monday so from then on in its going to be hard work getting it refurbished and liveable- but it is very exciting - going to the Lakes on Friday too for Easter and on top of that still at work and travelling the country - I am trying to be sensible and not do too much - but I do have loads of energy at the moment and feel so well in myself. I had my hair coloured (again) on Thursday will get another picture on here.

Take care everyone - Page 301 very impressed!
xx

Morning Ladies,

What a beautiful day; and I know the sun came out especially for Sandra cos it's her birthday today.

So have a good one Sandra - I know you will as you have lovely family around you, but all the same ENJOY !!!!

Love & Hugs Nell xxx