363226posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

Highlighted

Re: Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

Jackie, I'm doing fine, well as well as one can be anyway. I am in a much better place than last year when I was just passed my first chemo and battleing to keep my hair for just another day and just another. And in a better place than in 2009 when I lost my husband. Yes life does get better, but one step at a time.
Have you all seen the new bc group on fb ? Would you beleive our Kanga started it.
Hope your weekend is going well

Highlighted

Oh sorry ladies been reading mostly but too too tired to post but hey feel OK ( ish) after a full week back at work. Well yep it is a Sat afternoon
Karen I so sorry to hear your news. Good that no bone spread but axilla stuff??? I do so hope you get scan results ASAP then you might know what is happening.Sending you great big hugs and holding hands tightly.
Carol love the new pic you look fab. Yep looks like I might have the ‘Earlies ‘ before too much longer.
My paeonies are so lovely at the moment
My garden seems to be all over the place at the moment with the odd weather earlier on in the yr
Straws coming along well too.
Vicki good luck with the run saw Sandra’s animated running gal too. Hey have a lovely time in Fuertaventura. Was wondering where you were going when I read Corralejo. Went there a few yrs ago with my daughter a friend and her daughter( who was at school with mine) It was a really lovely resort with a brill blend of family stuff and some for the grown ups too. But not all night clubbie to the extent that there was nothing else happening. Hope that makes sense Enjoy you so deserve a lovely break and I have fingers etc crossed for your run.
Heather hope you are OK What can I say but it never rains but it pours. On reflection an idea to help you sleep would not be to come into work with me. My office is at the top of a spirally staircase ( in a building that is now listed but was formerly a ‘Work House’ ) so I don’t think we would ever get you up the stairs lol Hope all goes well with the step grand baby wow do let us know.
Kris saw your post. Was wondering about you with the earthquake news but soo pleased that you are all OK. Well done on the fashion show obviously it went so well that they want you to do it again.Gosh you do so have more tests in Spain than we do but great that your cholesterol is being kept in check and hope the liver thingie turns out to be simply explained too.
Sandra as always got the best animated pics ( thank goodness Carol got rid of the dizzy making bridal couple) and I think thanks to IT guy James too.
Tracey good that you had a great hols tucked up under your parasol I too spent my hols under a parasol but what a great view you have of what is going on from under there. Hope you and yours are still feeling the benefits
Suze and Gill hope for both that your returns to work is going OK. Mm what can I say only just getting there myself .First week back F/T
Nell hope you are OK and can get out on the bike again this week-end seems good weather here again had no rain for 4-5 weeks
BTW looks like my middle g-s has a really special birthday treat coming up He has been selected as a mascot for the Lancs cricket team playing at Old Trafford M/C early July Shh He hasn’t been told yet but Hamish and Angus are going too and they are all staying over in M/c at a hotel too The 2 older boys love that as they have done it before and they trek up to Rusholme Rd to the curry mile and have a lovely curry.Mm wish I was going with them.
Siobahn hope you are well.
Maria how are things with you ?
Lots of love hugs and holding hand tightly to all. J xx

Highlighted

Hey Kanga really exists !!!!!!!!!!!
I've done the same with my car, one day my key would just not open the door, panic panic, I'll call the garage, I thought, but luckily I before I did I realized my mistake.
Hope everyone is OK
Love Maria

Highlighted

Ok don´t all faint !

Finally managed to get a photo up , whether I could do it twice I don´t know .
This is me with my eldest son ,taken two years ago before all this c*** started . Don´t really have many photos of me , certainly not of me on my own .

You know those old ladies who drive you mad showing you photo´s of their holidays , grandchildren , the flowers they´ve grown , the flowers they´ve arranged , etc etc ...........be afraid , be very afraid !!
luvkanga

Highlighted

Had a definate "Kanga " moment last night .
Went down to the village in my trusty kangaroo to get some fish and chips .....Yeh ,I know it´s pretty pleb , but hey I do love them , and only been available up here in them there hills the last 18 months .
So ordered my stuff and had a good natter with Rich and Sonia the couple who run it . Then off I went .
Jumped in Kangaroo . Funny I thought , where did OH get those golf balls from , Jack must have found them . Thought I left the keys in the keyhole ( sorry ignition !) , perhaps they ´re in my pocket , no , Oh b***** . what the flying dodah have I done with those then . Just begining to panic , have to ring OH to bring the spare keys and then ..............understanding dawned !
"Holy S*** !" It´s not my kangaroo ! " Well I got out of there so quick you´d think my arse was on fire .
Went back in and told Sonia , "Oh Kris , what are you like ."
Trusty Kangaroo was parked , waiting patiently right outside the chip shop ...........what a plonker .
Most people would say that was an age thing , especially after my latest birthday , but actually it´s not . I´ve done that many times before . Usually in a large B´ham car park , and generally because I would have forgotten that I´d taken OH´s car !! Nothing like wondering up and down those huge multistorey´s looking for a car that you´ve left safely at home !!

So glad you won´t have to wait too long for your scan karen , and I´m sure they´ll move everything alomng as quickly as possible for you . I´m sure if I was you , I would have made great inroads into a litre bottle of vodka by now , don´t worry about that , the time for abstinence is later , drunken oblivion has plenty to offer at times .

Vickie ! Well done , for everything , especially getting your sponsership money . However to be able to spend 100 ounds in Primark , fabulous , I´ve tried but they never have much in my size , you have to be little to shop there ........grrrrr !!!

I´d love some little fish eating the dead skin off my feet , sounds like majic , I just get a great wet tongue liking mine .

By the way , when is the "SuzeCruise " docking at Gib ? "

luvKangaXX

Highlighted

Hi everyone,
Karen good luck with CT scan on Tuesday (((((hugs)))))) hope you enjoy the fishes nipping your toes, remember this rhyme
One,two,three,four,five,
Once I caught a fish alive;
Six, seven, eight, nine, ten,
Then I let him go again.
Why did yo let him go?
Because he bit my toe so!
Which toe did he bite?
This little toe on the right,(I changed fingers for toes lol I have not gone completly GA GA yet lol Just wanted to make you smile, hope they dont bite your toes, have a lovely day Karen
Vikie, our baby going on a big run, keeping my fingers crossed for you that it doesn't rain, and that its not to hot either.Good luck, hope you ahve a fantastic day, you have done really really well.
Tracey, glad you've had a good holiday, your soon back at work, you will be shattered later. Its a good drying day here today, the towels are blowing lovely on the line.
Love to you all, hope you all have a good weekend,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Hello. ladies. am having a "bad back" day today so not doing much. going to friends for dinner tonight so looking forward to that. the dog in my photo is my friend Rachel's. he's called Alfie and is a boxer/sharpey cross. love the runner, Sandra. Vickie could stick a false ponytail on the back if she wants swishy! I'm not going to put any animations on my profile after I couldn't get rid of the wedding couple! apparently, it was because the step forward went across the text.
weather forcast isn't looking good for Vickie, but at least you will get a shower whilst running so you won't need one after! best of luck tomorrow.
Karen hope you and Mary enjoy the Garra fish. I havn't tried that one yet. am having crystal healing for one of my therapists students tomorrow. no idea what that entails, but, hey, it's free!
Tracey, glad you enjoyed the holiday, think I will get brown with rust on the IOW!! won't be packing shorts!

love & hugs

Carol

Highlighted

Karen (((Hugs))) from me too; have a lovely day with Mary xx

V Run girl run - we're all behind you!

Tracey glad you managed to get away too - we're two weeks back from Majorca and just loved the break.

Love & Hugs to all and everybody,

Nell xxx

Highlighted

Will do karen. Enjoy your fish eating dead foot skin session! Sue had that earlier this year and enjoyed it i think. When i was in thailand pre children we went snorkling off a boat in this beautiful bay, and all these little fish in the sea started nibbling my feet. Terrified me wondering what was going to take a chunk off my leg next, never moved so quick to get back in the boat! Am sure there are no sharks hiding in the fish tanks today for you 🙂

Highlighted

Vickie and everyone else,

please post anything you want, it's good to know people are having a good time doing normal things.

Mary and I are off out now for a garra fish session as i want everything as normal as possible.

I might not reply personally to everyone but this is my normality lifeline so don't stop being normal, well as normal as any of us can be !!!!!!!!

Love and hugs

Karen xxx

Highlighted

Hi tracey, we're of to corralejo, was that near where u were? Glad it was fab weather 🙂

good girl on staying out of the sun. Have bought vests with high fronts to cover the rads zone.

Highlighted

Morning ladies,
Managed to survive the girls holiday - spent all week under the brolly, my sisters have got lovely tans as the weather was fantastic 30c every day, but I was a good girl and covered up. Hotel and resort very quiet so was in bed by 9.30pm most nights with my book.

Karen sending you big hugs hun.

Vickie where in Furteventura are you going as thats where I have just come back from.

Well ladies, time to load the washing machine again before work - can't beleive how much washing I have, will catch up with all the posts later after work but sending you all lots of love and hugs

Tracey xxxxxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Vickie, sorry about the swishy hair, couldn't find one with short hair!!
You spent a £100 in primark, you must have bought the shop!

xxx

Highlighted

Hi K,
Hope the CT scan goes ok! and that whatever treatment you will have will be done very quickly, too much waiting about is not good!

Not surprised you have been low today, damn sure we would all be!

If a drink helps you sleep and get through this moment, then drink!! not too much though, nothing worse than a hangover!!

Vickie has done really well with her donations! so just the run now!! a walk in the park after what you have been through!!

And Good Luck to Louise doing the Moonwalk tomorrow! have a good one!

Love
Sandra
xxx

Highlighted

Ps. Sandra, love the running girl! X

Highlighted

Karen, friday's hug just flying over for you

Am not being insensitive i hope, just want to share some stuff. I've had a great day. Passed the £1000 charity sponsorship threshold which was my target ( thanks everyone, your help is hugely appreciated), watched jamie genuinly being the star of the show at his streetdance show tonight, booked a holiday for the 4 of us to fueturventura (sp!) at the end of thr month, spent £100 in primark on holiday clothes ( thats a lot of stuff from there!) and have had loads of lovely lovely comments about my run. All in all a good day that i hugely appreciate. Karen, i know what a hard time it is for you and i hope you are ok with me posting my usual babbling on.

Love to all

vickie
x

Highlighted

Thank you, you are such fantastic ladies.

My ct scan is on Tuesday afternoon but don't know when the operation will be. I guess they have to wait and see the results of the ct scan to be sure exactly what they are going to do.

Trying to stay positive but have been very low today. Not told the kids yet but will probably tell Adam over the weekend. Won't mention to Glen and Mary until I know exactly what I am dealing with.

Did get some sleep last night but think it was the volume of alcohol I had consumed !!!

Have already said it on facebook but just wanted to wish "our baby" Vickie the very best of luck on sunday. You are a star

Thanks again for all your support and hugs they mean so much.

Love and hugs to my vf

Karen xxx

Highlighted

Karen,
So sorry to hear your news.
love and hugs,
Gill xx

Highlighted

Yep me too, think perhaps a hug a day for Karen, until things are back to 'normal' (anyone know what that is?)

(((Hugs)))

Highlighted

sending ((((hugs))) to Karen

Carol

Highlighted

Oh Karen , what a pig ! I´m so sorry that after all you´ve been through it´s still not over for you , but as Sandra said it could be classed as a local re0occurance , which sounds like a blip as oppossed to a big problem , so we are all here , vitually holding your hands and praying for a blip .

No , thankfully , the earthquake was up the coast on the eastern side , a long way from here , but all this area is on a fault , and the next village over ( about 7 miles away ) was decimated one christmas day sometime in the 1880´s .

The day of the fashion show was chaotic !!
Up at the crack of dawn to take Jack for a walk before coming back and tidying up the house for the viewing , more stuff thrown under beds and in cupboards , never to be seen again , missing slippers at moment ..........none of you have seen them have you ? So the Belgiums came , very pleasant , but don´t think that will come to anything . Straight down the hospital with OH , cardiologist said he´s fine , so thank God for that . Ditch him and off to sort out the stuff for the show .

It was brilliant , everybody enjoyed it , the models and the public . It all went fabulously . Problem is ............they want another in November !!! S***!!

I saw my onc yesterday .The chest X-ray was good , most things are fine , except my liver again , not improving at all , mind you , why would it ? I´m still taking Femarra . My chloreserol is brilliant gone down loads , I was so pleased and excited , and then I remembered why , I´m taking statins !! So it was´nt down to my diet after all , what a bummer ! He wanted to see me again in September , but I´m on holiday in France , so it will be mid October for my next appointment ,complete with bloods and this time a mamo.
As I was leaving I bumped into another english lady , lives in the village , she does post on here but not this thread , we know each other quite well , so we went off for a coffee in the hospital canteen , she is still undergoing treatment , herceptin , but she has more to come . Both of us were giving out about the side effects of the tablets , sometimes it´s really good to be able to moan with others going through the same things ,stops you feeling not only "unique " but also a "freak " at times , especially when with hot flushes the effects are so noticable ie sweat pouring down your face and a bright tomato red colour !

Heather and SAndra , not easy for either of you at the moment , what with your FIL and Sandra´s daughters MIL . Awful when you really don´t know what´s going on .makes it impossible to help does´nt it ?

You would´nt believe the rude songs they play on the spanish radio stations here . I don´t think they understand how rude some of them are , cos they are sung in english , but so many use the "f " word , worse than Gordon Ramsey . Bit disconcerting as you´re driving along !

I hope you will very soon have your CT scan and the appointment for your surgery Karen , cos as we all know , the waiting is just unbelivably dreadful , you´ll cope much better when you know what you are up against .
I´m sure not only will you have our suppport , but I´m sure you find others on this site who have gone through the same and come out the other side more than happy to help you .
luvkangaXX

Highlighted

Karen just seen your news and wanted to send you hugs. Pam x

Highlighted

Karen,
Sending you lots of hugs, We're all here for you, I hope you get your treatment very soon and all goes well xxx
I am unable to get on here much at present as we have extra work to do at present, working round the clock ( 12 hour days) as we have emergency cover to do at work.
Will keep in touch when I can, thinking of you all,
Lots of love and hugs to allxxx

Isabelle xxx

Highlighted

Karen

Just so sorry to hear your news and can only add to what the others hae said - that we will be here for you; anytime.

Love & Hugs Nell xxx

Highlighted

Karen have just seen your news and am so sorry to hear your news..big big hugs to you and can understand how scared you are ..we'll all be here for you xxx

Highlighted

Karen, just seen your post – such crap news for you. When will you have your CT scan? Am thinking of you and wishing you the strength to get through this.

Sending you hugs, Jill

Highlighted

Hi K
So the good news is it hasn't gone to the bones! that is good news! is it called a local recurrence, l am sure my onc said if it is in the area it is called a local recurrence and not as serious as having it spread anywhere else! did you have all your node out?

The second good thing is you have Carl to help you through this time!

You are bound to feel scared, but you have done it once and you can do it again! l know, none of us want to do it again, and we all are terrified of the thought, you have so much love around you Karen, it will get you through this hiccup in your treatment.

So will it be rads after surgery? my friend had a recurrence on the mx site and had rads, her onc said it was like shoting an ant with a machine gun! but that doesn't help you!

Hope the surgery is asap, you know we are all here for you, it won't be easy, just as you thought you were coming out the other side you get knocked back, but you will get through it again, you have done the worst!

Love and Hugs to you Karen
Sandra xxx

Highlighted

Karen, we are all here for you, so tell us what ever you want, when is your scan and your op ? as I said on your thread, here's holding your hand tightly.
Hugs Maria

Highlighted

Karen, just seen your post, I am so sorry dont really know what to say. Will be here for you, just put a message in my last post hoping you were ok.
Thinking of you ((((((((hugs))))))))))
Love Heather
xxxxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi Ladies thank you for your best wishes and support. Saw FIL today but he is still very snappy, and if you try and ask him something, he just says I know ok, so I said to hubby leave him. I understand that he will be very scared, and hubby said to him after you have had your op the next appointment you get it will be test results, because we know there taking out lymph nodes to test. Hubby said just tell us when you have to go so somebody can come with you, but all he got was 'ok just stop going on' I feel really sorry for hubby because he as had to deal with me, and now his dad. What worries hubby the most is his dad isn't a really fit man, he as had 2 massive heart attacks, the first one nearly killed him.But we will speak to his key worker tomorrow and probably she will tell us whats going on. He is also worried about his daughter, her appointment his the same day as his dads, his dads to explain to him about the chemo and op, his daughters for blood test, and tell her what will happen when she has the c section. But on a happy note she is having C section on 27th of May, a day after my birthday 🙂 so new baby in May.
Sandra, good news about the bike, be careful now. Oh and who are you kidding, a basket on the front of the bike to get your weekly shop, you would need to drag a skip behind you to get your weekly shop lol the basket might be big enough to hold treats for the grandchildren, but I doubt it 🙂
Kango, hope fashion show went ok, hope your not close to that earth quake.
Carol, well done on getting rid of your bride and groom. When do you go to IOW, hope the weather stays nice for you. Love your new pic Carol, is that your dog giving you a wash?
Vickie, loved the pictures of your cake, Garfield was very good, loved Thomas crash lol I think I managed to sponser you eventually, it took me a few goes to sort it out lol Good luck, not long now, shall I wait somewhere on the course and give you a backy on my bike lol
Dee, sorry your still suffering with those blisters, I finished peachy over a year ago and my nails are still a mess. On my hand the nails just crumble away, and there all ridged. My toe nails
aren't to bad except my big toes, they looked deformed.
Gill , hope your mamogram goes ok, there painful enough with out having the fluid on them. Hope work is going ok, I bet you get really tired, it must mess up you system.
Jackie, well the famous hole is no more, I had to smile what you said about that taking longer to sort out than breast cancer. Hubby has grown some tatties in a bag, he kept topping them up with the grow bag, but there growing out of the bag now, I cant wait for a boiling of home grown potatos, not sure when they will be ready.
Maria, thank you, hope your work is going down ok, and your not getting to tired 🙂
Isabelle, how are the lambs and calves, ok I hope. I hope your shoulder is feeling a bit better now.
Karen hope your bone scan was ok, and that your son is feeling ok now.
Well ladies anyone I have forgot hope your all ok, anyone having tests or treatment good luck,
Take care,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Oh karen, i am so so sorry to hear about your recurrence. You must be so scared. Theres nothing i can do except send massive hugs and lend an ear. Thinking of you lots and lots xxx

Highlighted

I agree, my first thought was Kanga when I heard the news.

Highlighted

so the results, not sure if it is good or bad.

Cancer hasn't spread to the bones but has spread and have a tumour under my arm, same side as last time.

CT scan and then surgery.

Twice in 18 months doesn't bode well and I am so scared

Highlighted

I am just hoping Kanga is OK and hoping she lives no where near the earthquake, no good surviving a year with bc, to be knocked down by an earthquake.
Take care all
hugs Maria

Highlighted

UTM....

Just been reflecting on the past year, as you do sometimes... and it was a year ago last week that I had my mammo - thank goodness I didn't realise it at the time! My final dx came on the 9th June, biopsies on the 2nd - think I'll keep myself 'busy' in the next few weeks......

But hey, you've all been there so I'm not telling you anything new am I as I'm the 'straggler' aren't I lol...

Gill, yes lost all my toe nails now with big toe only two weeks ago but the ridges are nearly all gone now so hoping I'm turning the corner....

Sandra, I still have my push bike from when I was a teengager! and yes I still ride it! Hope you enjoyed your bike ride yesterday. Think might get ours out at the weekend - Vrmm ..........

L & H

Nell xxx

Highlighted

bumpety bump!!!

Highlighted

UTM page 3 alert!!

Highlighted

Hello Ladies.
Have just got in from work so am settled with my laptop and trying to catch up with everthing. Am working up to 2 full days a week and am surprised at just how tired I've been feeling!! It's good to get some routine other than hospital back into my life but am struggling with getting up early! Have got my mammo next week which I'm really dreading 😞 I'm lucky and didn't have to have an MX, I had a quadranectomy (a quarter of the breast removed) and a reshaping of what was left. Unfortunately after my radio I've had quite a lot of fluid build up and am quite tender and really not looking forward to getting it squeezed at the mammo. Was also at my GP's on Sat as one of my big toe nails has gone weepy. The after effects from chemo just go on and on!!
Vickie, it's getting close now!! Good luck.
Maria, hope you are coping with the working at 75%. It's a shock to the system isn't it?
Carol, you're sounding very energetic with your bike rides and swimming. Well done.
Nell, sorry to hear that you're still blistering and weeping, hope it's getting sorted. I remember you mentioning smelly, weepy toenails on a nail thread. They're very yukky aren't they. My GP has given me antibiotics but I just need the nails to come off so they can heal 😞 Yuk, Yuk, Yuk!!
Jackie, hope you are coping with your work and aren't too shattered at the weekends. Glad that you're hole is better now. Must be a relief for you.
Sandra, so glad to hear that your blood tests were good. Such a relief. Enjoy your bike, you've certainly got the weather for it at the moment.
Heather, hope you are feeling a bit better now and managing to get a bit more sleep.
Kanga, good luck with the fashion show
Isabelle, hope your shoulder is better after your trip to the physio
Karen, good luck with your bone result tomorrow. So sorry to hear about Glen, hope everything is improving for him.
Suzi, hope you are coping with all the running around and that your OH is on the mend now.
Tracey, hope you are having a great holiday
Siobhan, hope all is going well and that work wasn;t too much of a shock after your holiday!!
Jill, Taxi, Poppy, Pam and anyone else I haven't mentioned - hope you are doing well at the moment.
love and hugs to all,
Gill xx

Highlighted

Quick post to make sure we have all spotted the save our nhs petition thread. V easy to sign up, took less than a minute.

Hi to everyone, have read but zooming round like usual! Love to all

4 more sleeps... Eeeeeek!

V
x

Highlighted

Love the new photo, Carol
Heather, never apologise for feeling down, that is what this tread is all about ups and downs and sharing both, rant away
Little Nell, sorry to hear you are still weeping, I hope the nurse can sort it out
Jackie, I hope you are not doing too much
Sandra, you need good breaks if you want to come down my hills, but you can get a train up and cycle down. The mountain bikers do it all the time, but they have got all the gear, helmets, and pads to protect everything !!
Kanga, you are always up to something, so I'll just say good luck with it all
Saffronseed, your face book pictures look good
Vickie, you are mad, 36 kids wow
Gill, Sioban, Isabelle, hi, and I hope I have not missed anyone
Well THANK YOU all for your thanks for starting this thread, but it would not be what it is without you, so thank you all for joining me on my adventure, which really is on going, although most of us are in a pretty good place at the moment, but if you are not don't hesitate to share your troubles with us.
Hugs
Maria

Highlighted

ook, they've gone forever!!! perhaps they have gone to the Seychelles!! thanks to the wonderful James, the techie man who can.
happy biking, Sandra. was it an anniversary pressie? your bravernthan me, going on the road. I have just come back from my bike ride and managed to go all the way to the end of the track today. AND I'm going for a swim too. can feel my energy levels improving but still get "tired" days sometimes.
glad your bloods are good. I am about to get my "poo & post"! can't wait.
sorry to hear you're still having probs, Nell. is the MX or Rads?
Jackie, you will get your tatties earlier than mine if you are growing them in a bag, mine won't be ready till July. I think we may be eating broadbeans by the time we get back from the IOW, sweetcorn has to go in before we go away.
Kanga, hope the fashion show goes well today
Vickie, not long now!!
love Carol

Highlighted

Morning Ladies,

Just a quick one to say great news to Sandra for her bloods; been thinking about you girl.

And I'm thinking about others too having difficult times.... Heather, Tracey, Suze, Karen and I really, really do apologise if I've missed anybody off - its been quite hard trying to catch up!

My nurse is coming today; still blistering and weeping. At breast clinic on Friday and see my onc in two weeks - oh yes and my bloods were 'good' too.

Counting the days now for our baby V.... Oh Yes and "good Luk" for the fashion show today Kanga!

Love & Hugs to all and everyone,

Nell xxx

Highlighted

Oh Sandra how you make me smile I can just see you going Whee along the cycle ways. Lovely on days like we are having at the moment. There is someone who cycles past my house daily with a little tow ‘side-car’ thingy for a baby and a seat on the back for the toddler ( not you is it?)But tell me how do you pedal a bike with a weeks shoppping from Mr S ?? Great news that your bloods are OK .Hope the Femara is not too unkind to your bones , my AI is Arimidex which also means I need a DEXA scan annually too.
K sorry to hear your news hope your son gets the help he needs and that you are OK. Karl sounds like one kind guy.
Heather hun, it seems like it never rains... etc. Hope you get the answers you need about recalcitrant FIL. So sorry that sleep is still eluding you, tell you what you can come to work with me and that would have you out for the count lol. Hope OH daughter gets her date sorted and you will soon be a step- nana?? Do let us know.
Kanga wot can I say? Hope the fashion show goes well and that the weather is kind to you. Are the Belgians /Slovakians interested? Hope you have a ‘bite’ soon. I really do take my hat off to you dealing with Musak , naughty lyrics and changing an appt in another language. Hope appt goes well. I had to change my appt for next Jan this morning and that was difficult enough lol.
Vicki well done birthday party, loads of little boys hope you had great fun and the cake sounds fab. Are you still in the ‘orange hand gang’?
Suze and Gill hope you are both OK and that some ‘work’ is bringing you a bit of ‘framework’ still can’t bring myself to call it ‘normality’ but will get there.
Isabelle are there still ‘icka’ lambs in your kitchen? Can I have one please? Hope you are OK?
Siobahn late entrants are fine tag along. Hope you are OK and if I see you running towards me I really will be worried.
Well the infamous ‘hole’ is well and truly sorted. Have had to change my appt with PS but I will have some choice words to say to him. Blinking ’eck how can it be that an infected sebaceous cyst takes longer than BC to get rid off?
Carol I am with Sandra going dizzy with your bridal couple .).) get them off on honey moon Hoping for tatties real soon???
Nell hope you are having some sunshine up your way too?
Maria hope the inc. hours are going well too.
All sorry getting really tired but love to all my CF J xx

Highlighted

Carol, l wish your married couple would clear off on honeymoon!!
Got my bike today! it was such a lovely day l took the long way home and had a good cycle round the streets and then through the park, good fun!

K, Hope all goes well for you this week, hope number two son is feeling a bit better, such a worry!

Heather, such a worry with fil! dil's Mum is still in hospital, and still not 'talking' she must have been in there for 6 weeks or more now!
They won't let fil go home unless they know he can manage with stairs, so don't worry too much about that, as long as he accepts help he will be fine.
Hope OH gd is ok, a beautiful baby. how exciting! something to look forward too.

I saw the onc today, my blood tests were good, so that was a relief. seems l have a blood test every time l see the onc, the next time will be 6 months, l also have to have a bone density scan once a year to see how the old bones are coping with the Femara!

Hope it is a nice day tomorrow, will be off out on my bike! had a basket put on the front, just in case l want to pop into Sainsbury's for my weekly shopping!! Maria, perhaps l need to visit you, l can 'glide' down those 'hills' not sure about getting up them!!
Love
Sandra
xxx

Highlighted

oh, Heather, you can always "burden" us, that is what we're here for. I don't know how the system works, but shouldn't you FIL's key worker be contacting social services or whoever to organise help? that is if he will allow "strangers" in. you have enough problems as it is. hope things get sorted soon and you can get bit of sleep even if it is only cat naps.

Hugs to you

love Carol

Highlighted

Hi Ladies, feeling a bit down at the moment, hubbys dad had his results today,and its not good. This is a bit like your DIls mum Sandra, he doesn't tell us what is happening. I dont know if he is getting confused, or he just doesn't want to beleive its happening. He went to the hospital today, after we had a phone call from him last week saying he was all clear. Then he told us he had to go to hospital on Thursday, we went into town today because I needed a magazine about short story writing for my assignment. We got home phone was ringing, it was FIL, is appointment was today and the cancer is worse than they thought. He has got to have his bladder and his prostrate removed, then rads, then peachy we think. Hubby got him to email the paper work he had brought from the hospital, and he as got a key worker. So I rang her, but she had left and wont be back untill Friday, but the lady I spoke to left a message for her to ring me.What we need to know is how is he going to be when he gets out of hospital, will he be able to climb the stairs, will he be able to get in the bath, pratical things we need to no so we can get some help sorted out if they need it.We do know it is a very big operation and he will be in hospital for about 12 days. The nurse asked him if he had told his family, I bet they couldn't understand why nobody was with him. Anyway they rung his house later and he has got an appointment for the 24th of May, I am going to check that is right on Friday, then we can sort out who is going with him. Then we had a phone call off Hubbys daughter, she has got to go to the hospital on Thursday to sort out about having a ceaserian and when they are going to do it. That is unless the baby turn on its own, baby has got a leg stuck out so they cant turn it. So quite an evenful day, and yes I have been up since about 1am, I am really shattered at the minute, but if I go to bed I will be up at 10 o clock.
Anyway ladies, sorry it has been such a down post, but just needed to chat to someone, I dont want to burden any of you.
I will try and be back tomorrow and be a bit happier.
Take care,
Love Heather,
xxxxxx

Highlighted

Thank you all so much for my birthday wishes , lets just say ,it could have been better .

Missed our birthday , oh poo !!
Gosh the difference a year makes , never want to go back to that year thank you very much ! On the other hand I´ve made so many friends and I really do feel that we are all friends on here.
been so busy the last couple of weeks , but as from tomorrow evening , I can relax.
Ben aka Archie has gone , miss him a lot , but a tiny puppy is too much for me . had some super photos back showing him holding his own against his new friends and family .
"Who´s the DaDDy ?" Well , certain I saw him the other day trotting through the village , same markings etc , very distinctive , could´nt quite make out if he still had his "undercarriage " , but being spanish am sure he did .
36 kids Vickie ..........You´re a saint ! ( or balmy !) Wow , that is one hell of a party , six year old little boys .
Heather , is there nothing they can do for you to help you sleep ? I could´nt imagine waking up every day at 3am and 4am , I would be a zombie .
fashion show tomorrow , we had the rehearsal last week , what is it they say ? Bad rehearsal , good show ? Lets hope so . I´m just hoping that the weathre holds for us cos if it´s rain , no one will come out and we have had some right royal thunderstaorms over the past three or four weeks , they light up all the mountains ,but the thunder crashes , shakes the house ...........mind you it is spanish built !
Not only the fashion show tomorrow , also OH has hospital appointment and we have a viewing , this time Belgiums , last week it was Slovakia , they had to bring a translator ! If i get through tomorrow without flapping I shall be pleased with myself .
I see the onc on Thursday ,had chest X-ray last week .
They changed my onc appointment by phone . Can you imagine ........There you are shopping , musak playing ( some disgusting song , when they don´t understand the words they play anything !) I´m just trying to decide between lomo of pork or corral chicken , when my mobile goes . It´s the hospital , wanting to change the time of my appointment . So I´m trying desparetly to put the meat down , fiddle in my bag for my diary and pen , block out the rude song and concentrate on what the nurse is saying . For thoseo of you learning or can speak spanish , two ..dos , and 12 ...doce sound very similar especially when spoken with an andaluce accent ( think Cheryl Cole geordy ) so my appointment is dos y media (2.30 ) and she wants to change it to doce y media (12.30 ) couldçnt be something simple like 9 or 4 , no it all had to sound the same , anyway I think I´ve cracked it .
So wish me luck tomorrow , lets hope we make some much needed money , and even more importantly ........have a good time .
Speak to you soon ,
luvKanga

Highlighted

Hi everyone, logged on today and browsing and noticed the one year Birthday of the thread - I can't believe its been a year since the thread was set up and what a year it has been for all of us - Its great that we are all still around and getting on with our lives but still have the commitment to the thread to give support and laughs to each other, thank you to Maria for setting it up and thank you to all of you for your wonderful contributions - here's to a better year for all of us xx

Highlighted

Happy Birthday to us 🙂

Wishing everyone a better year.

Gill xx

Highlighted

Hello Ladies,
Happy birthday to all my loverly friends, thanks Maria for starting this thread. It's loverly to see we've all come so far since 1 year ago. It will be 1 year on 11th since my op, I thank all of my cyber frieds for all of their suport along the way.
I'm pleased that you had a good day Vickie, take it easy now, happy birthday to your little boy xxx

Lots of hugs and Best Wishes to all of my friends and I hope the next 12 months are better,

Isabelle xxx