327834posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emend

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Emend

Hi, I finished chemo November 2014. I have a sickness phobia so I was ultra vigilant re my anti sickness meds. I normally had chemo in the afternoon and obviously took emend one hour before. I took the other two first thing the next two mornings. I had another 3 anti sickness drugs alongside but can't remember names now. I was never sick thankfully xx

I was told to take it first thing, before I take any other antisickness etc.

Emxx

Thanks Emma and Janet, it's not that important I was just curious. The medication leaflet actually says to take them in the morning, I checked it after my post.

Agree Emma emend is good stuff, they prescribed it first cycle then forgot on the next two so both times I asked for it again as I'd had it first time... I'm all for taking as much anti sickness as I can!

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi carmen,
i took emend when I had my chemo last year,
Its brilliant i didnt get any sickness or nausea would highly recommend it! I usually had chemo in the morning so i took it about an hour before treatment, and then would take it again the next morning- usually with my steriods, I wouldnt have thought that it makes too much difference when you take them to be honest.
Good luck and best wishes,
Emma

Hi Carmen42

Our Helpline may be able to help with this query.  Opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Emend

I'm guessing it doesn't really matter but I'm just wondering what time people take their day 2 and 3 emend tablets.

All my cycles have been in the afternoon, so I've had the first emend at around 4pm and have been taking the next two at breakfast time the next two days, as that was what I was told on my first cycle. But yesterday I overheard another patient being told to take them at 24 hour intervals, so for me that would be around 4pm each day.

Like I say it probably doesn't matter, just curious!