Emigrating during/after BC?

Hiya,

Just wondering whether anyone’s tried to emigrate during or after having BC and whether or not they were successful getting a residence permit, either on own merit or compassionate grounds?

My family are all in NZ and I lived there 24 years. I made the mistake of not becoming a citizen just prior to coming back to England, though I was working and paying taxes there for over 14 years.

I am NED at the moment but worried that if anything else happens I would need my family around to help out and just couldn’t cope here.

Would be interested in hearing any stories whether about NZ or not and whether or not family was in the destination country.

Thanks
mousy

I’ve read articles before that have said you need to get to the end of your remission period and be NED to emigrate. I would check with someone like their embassy or consul in London. They will probably have a website with information.

Mousy what luck to find your thread. I too would like info on this. I’m assuming that we would have trouble as I could possibly be a drain on their medical services! Hope someone answers though.

Vanessa

Hi mousy,
when I was applying for oz residency permit, I don’t remember any qns regarding cancer, if one has it or not but I do remember you have to reveal if you have TB or HIV positive.I had TB so I indicated this in my application, thinking my application might be rejected but it was accepted. But the public health service will not cover you for the first 2 years, I think.

Sari