Essiac tea

Hi,

Has anyone else tried essiac tea? I am drinnking it and wondered if anyone else is trying it? Would be interested to hear anyones comments.

hi fayjay,

i have never heard of assiac tea, what is it supposed to do?

Nx

Hi - I was told of this recently by a friend-of-a-friend who has lung cancer. She is fairing very well indeed considering her original prognosis was pretty bleak, so a good advert. If you google fror “Essiac Cancer Treatment” you will soon find info on it.

Key ingredients are: burdock root, rhubarb root, slippery elm bark and sheep sorrel (milk thistle, kelp, red clover, and watercress are sometimes also present).

I’ve decided green-tea is not my thing, so am interested to try it as an alternative. Any recommendations on good brands/suppliers gratefully received.

Hello again,

I am having chemo at the moment (taxotere) and the side effects can be pretty bad. The first two were pretty horrible and then they have got easier to handle. I started drinking essiac tea mid way through my first treatment and I must admit the side effects are not as severe now as they were. It is not pleasant to drink so I make up my tea in a coffee plunger in the morning and drink it throughout the day once it is cold.

I have changed lots of things in my diet so am not sure if it is just down to the essiac but I am convinced that it has helped. I also see a herbalist who has made me a tincture to take 3 times a day, to help boost my immune system and to help with the side effects of the chemo, she can also get hold of the essiac.

I would recommend finding a good herbalist. My herbalist has been invaluable to my treatment. Although she wont cure me she is helping my body to help itself and it definatly has a positive effect on me.

Hi,

If it makes you feel good go for it.

Essiac Tea is an old red indian recipe (Ojiba) which was used by a nurse called Rene Caisse who made it famous.

Hope this is some help.

Treakle xxx

Hi all

I’ve also been recommended to try this but not sure whether to.

Can anyone tell me how it tastes? Can you add sugar or honey to make it anymore palatable?
I have read that the 8 herb ones are the real McCoy but wondered if anyone has found these in the UK or are they all imports?

I’d rather listen to you guys than ask anyone at the hospital - I’d only get the usual blank non-commital response from NHS staff about alternative therapies!!

Cheers
xx

Like all these preparations, some people swear by it and others find it is of no help. There are also warnings about possible side-effects. The herbs are Indian rhubarb (Rheum palmatum), sheepshead sorrel (Rumex acetosa), slippery elm (Ulmus fulva), and burdock root (Arctium lappa). Only the first one is specifically American - the others can all be found in Europe.
There are also two types of Essiac, with different formulae.

.At the end of the day, if you feel it is doing you good, it is worth taking. I take astragalus for immune system boosting, and certainly that for me works well.

hi my wife is taking essiac tea to supplement her barleymax it cost £50 for 6months supply and we make up 1 month in advance and store it in a demijohn very similar to wine making procedure everything sterilised ect and stored in dark cupboard , we siphon 1 bottle and store in fridge with a rubber cork that you can evacuate the air (cxost £10 for pump and corks buy from winemaking shop ) the web site suggests 2fl oz in the morning and at night 2hrs after meal or .5 before but the essiac book that nurse cassie used was 2 fl oz a day my wife is taking it twice aday it is not as unpleasant as one would think not as bad as the barleymax any way a couple of swallows and it is done you can dilute it cold or hot as you wish but we go for max strengh the tea we have is to the original formula and organic , some have added extra herbs up to 9 to the reduction of the basic 4 herbs basically diluting the effectiveness but it is your choice my wife has secondaries to bones lungs and liver but is doing very well following the barleymax once aday in the morning , organic juice vegatables /fruit mix lunch time 1 pint glass from garden/allotment or tesco ! she has the tea 10 30 am and last thing at night before retiring hope this is of benifit
address to obtain ingrediants essiacshop.com .e-mail <script type=“text/javascript”>eval(unescape(‘%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%68%65%6c%70%64%65%73%6b%40%65%73%73%69%61%63%73%68%6f%70%2e%63%6f%6d%22%3e%68%65%6c%70%64%65%73%6b%40%65%73%73%69%61%63%73%68%6f%70%2e%63%6f%6d%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b’))</script> delivered promptly no fuss reliable
the book essiac essentials by sheila snow, mali klein isbn 1-85860-057-X this book is very good reading telling how it came about life story of nurse cassie and also the formulaes for doing it yourselves i,m sure local libary would be able to source it for you or amazon or e-bay . also google for paul hunter who died from stomach cancer famous snooker player , his wife has written a autobiography about his struggle he was told to try essiac tea by steve davies whose uncle suffered cancer, started to use essiac and the family feel this is what saved his life i believe using these alternative therapies in conjuction with coventional cancer treatrments are benificial and compliment each other i would not consider alternative therapies on there own hope this helps good luck to you all
john

Hi, My gran gets her Essiac from a company called Argyll Herbs Direct. They have made it to the original recipe with only the 4 ingredients which are all fresh and organic, she swears by the stuff. I agree with most people you need a good herbalist. My gran and now myself have always used a lady based in Somerset, she has a daily helpline that I can call just for a chat or some advice. Conversation seems to be half the battle, after talking to her for 10 minutes I feel rejuvenated and ready for the battle again. I hope that this has helped. Try to buy the original recipe with only the 4 ingredients and my grans is ready made so no need to mess around with this brewing and syphoning she just pours herself a small medicine cup full twice a day. Best wishes to you all

Hi
I noticed that this thread was last replied to in Sept 2007 - what a load of croc!!!

Clouds Trust are also a reputable source of the herbs. Found it didn’t work for me but each to their own.