Estrogen negative, progesterone posirive

I was diagnosed with a Invasive Ductal carcinoma on 1-2-17. Had a lumpectomy on 2-2-17. The dr. got it all out and there was none in my lymph nodes. So, I thought I would be going for 5 weeks of radiation. Because of the weird combination of Estrogen negative, progesterone positive the Dr’s. had a hard time coming up with a plan for me. After their discussing it, they suggested that I have 4 chemo treatments. 1 every 3 weeks. I was very upset because I did not have any cancer found even in a PET scan and did not want to do the chemo. Well after some soal searching, I decided to do it as a prevention. The first 2 treatments were terrible. Had burns on my hands. The dr. changed the drugs from CT to CMF. I have an infusion on day 1 and 8 and 14 days of chemo pills.Then 2 weeks off. Yah! I took Day 7 pills today and have infusion on Tues. the 16th. Then after the 2 weeks off, I start #4 treatment and do the same thing. Then rest for a couple of weeks and then 5 weeks of radiation. I am sharing all this to find out if anyone else has had E+,P-? I caught mine early and everything was taken care of, still confused why they suggested chemo. Sure would appreciate any information on this. Thank you. Sheila 

Hi Cologrammy,

Sorry you haven’t received a response yet and I am sure some of our users will be along to share their experiences and show their support soon. 

In the meantime you can always post on our Ask the Nurse board or call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you have and offer a friendly ear. 

Best wishes,

Bonita