Exciting News – 2015 Elections! THE BIG QUESTION

Dear Everyone

Exciting News – 2015 Elections! THE BIG QUESTION

With the General Election fast approaching, in March Breast Cancer Care will be running a special event on our forums called The Big Question. This will be your opportunity to question each of the parties on their policies that could impact people affected by breast cancer.

We know how important it is for everyone to have an opportunity to ask questions and be heard; because of this we have invited spokespeople from the main political parties to join Breast Cancer Care and you, our users, for an hour each to participate in a question and answer session. This means that for one hour, a party representative will be on our forums, live to answer questions posed by you. We are still working on the details with the parties but the dates will be 9-20 March 2015 and timings 11.00-12.00.

We are also looking to invite the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish parties to take part.

Watch this space for more information as we have it, but please save the dates now!!

Anna

Forum Coordinator

I hope you will be inviting a Green Party spokesperson.

I have a UKIP MP and I would love to hear what he has to say.

Dear All,

Unfortunately, we are having to cancel the Big Question events with the political parties that were due to take place next month on the forum. This has been because we have been unable to secure enough of the parties to take part. This is obviously disappointing but it is not the only activity we are organising in the run up to the election.

If you were planning on taking part in the Big Question and had issues you wanted to raise with the parties, we would recommend getting in touch with your local candidates. You can do this through our website where you can send an email directly to them. We also have some volunteers who are running local Question Time events, which you could attend. For more details on both of these, go to www.breastcancercare.org.uk/election2015.

We also have a few spaces left for people who would like to run a Question Time event in their constituency. If you are interested please get in touch with the Policy & Campaigns team to find out more at campaigns@breastcancercare.org.uk. Get in touch if you have any questions about our general election activity as well.

Nicole

Forum Coordinator