cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exemestane Experiences?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Exemestane Experiences?

Hi Jane

Yes, it is hard to relax and not think too much about it coming back, but I know if I need them the breast nurse is still there but I am trying to get on with life.

Best wishes and hope you keep well.

Jennifer ☺

Hi Jennifer  -  Sorry you had a scare last year and phew so glad it turned out well for you -  sometimes we all need a lucky break dont we.  I don't think we can ever really relax but we do have to try and get on with life, the only plus side is that we do all know now how important it is to check ourselves out regularly and keeping on top of things.  I do wish you all the very best.

Jane  Smiley Happy

Hi Jane,

Yes 5 years has passed very quickly. 

I had a scare last year, it turned out to be a swollen lymph gland due to abscess in tooth, I found it scary and worry that the cancer comes back.

Hope the side effects are not too bad

Take care

Jennifer

Many thanks for your replies. Sounds as though side effects very similar to Anatrozole which were manageable!  Has your 5 years gone quickly Jennifer? I was 2 years down before recurrence so am back to square one again!  Best wishes Jane 

Hi Jane,

I have been on exemestane for the last 3 years and the only side effects I have had are tiredness and sore joints, this seem to come and go and at the worst time I took glucosamine with msm and chondritin which did help but it takes couple of weeks to work. I only have a couple of months left on tablet when i will be 5 years from diagnosis.

Take care  

Jennifer

I was on it for 18 months. Only prob for me , apart from usual flushes, was carpal tunnel in my hands and stiff knees. Everyones different x

Exemestane Experiences?

Hi.  I have just finished FEC-T chemo & start Exemestane in 2 weeks. I was previously taking Anastrozole but due to recurrence this has now been changed. Does anyone have experience of Exemestane & if so have you suffered any side effects? Jane