Exercise following Lat. dorsi reconstruct

Exercise following Lat. dorsi reconstruct

Exercise following Lat. dorsi reconstruct Hi to anyone out there who has had a latissimus dorsi reconstruction.

I had a right mastectomy and immediate reconstruction over 7 years ago. I have always exercised - but suffered an injury to part of the area associated with the reconstruction 3-4 years ago through exercising. Does anyone out there have any problems such as back pain or shoulder pain - not straight after the surgery as things are settling down, but some time afterwards ? Also do people exercise ? If so what exercise and did you have advice or just do your own thing ?
Thanks in anticipation
Pat

Hi everyone I have just logged on to this site and my profile touches on this subject. I’m 62 and wonder if it is worth having a delayed recon? Can ayone help?

Dear gloriana I am sure you will receive helpful advice and information from the other forum users, in addition, you may find the booklet published by Breast Cancer Care about breast reconstruction helpful to read. It contains information relating to different types of surgery, how to find a surgeon and common problems associated with reconstructive surgery amongst other useful information.

You can read the booklet via the following link:

breastcancercare.org.uk/docs/breast_reconstruction
_dec06_web_0.pdf

I hope you find this information helpful.

Kind regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

Lat Dorsi Hi there, I had same op in 2003 and have always been active. I run a lot and have just started yoga, the only thing that I find with the right arm is that I can’t lift it high above my head or use it for anythig heavy. I find a lot of the yoga things difficult - twisting arms etc. and I get terrible cramp in the op site if I do things too much. I think this is mainly due to the fact I didn’t stretch enough immediately after the operation. Apart from that, all is okay and it doens’t stop me doing anything.