Extra secondary breast cancer Live Chat session

Hi

As you may be aware, this Thursday (13th October) is Secondary Breast Cancer Awareness day and as part of our activities during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we are hosting an ADDITIONAL secondary breast cancer live chat session. The one hour session will begin at 7.30pm and will be staffed by two Breast Cancer Care nurses who will offer support and information about topics mentioned below. To make this session slightly different to the weekly Tuesday session, the discussion will focus on one or more of the following five areas:

1. Cancer related fatigue

2. Talking with family and friends about sbc

3. Getting the most out of your hospital appointments

4. Pain management

5. Lets talk about what it means to live with a life limiting diagnosis

If you would like to be involved in this Live Chat session, and you would like to discuss one of the topics above in more detail with our nurses and other forum members, please post your preferences below. If you have any specific questions for our nursing team, please let us know before Thursday to ensure they have chance to carry out any necessary research.

Best wishes

Poppy

Hi I have got lung mets and might be having surgery but can’t find anyone who as had surgery for lung mets any advice wld be grateful Laura

I would be most interested in No.4 - the Pain Management topic. It is often said that no one needs to suffer with pain - it can be controlled but where does the balance lie - I am sure mine can be controlled if I keep taking more, but what sort of life is it if you just keep falling asleep? Is there anything new ‘out there’, beyond all the usual opiate drugs like fentanyl, oxycodone, morphine, sativex… My 2ndaries are bone mets and soft tumour with nerve involvement.

No.5 sounds interesting too. I just hope I can stay awake and remember to sign in LOL.

Dawn
xx

Bumping this up for those who might not have seen it

Best wishes
Lucy

All of them sound good but I would choose 4 and 5 specifically.

Julie

Hi Poppy,
I am intersted in 2 and 5, will sign in and look forward to some feedback, I do not know of any SBC groups in my area (Folkestone)

Thanks for the extra time on such a special day!

Hi, I would be interested in 2 and 5. As i’ve only recently been diagnosed it would be good to know how to speak to people about it and what it all means.

I would be interested in 2 and 5 as i too have recently been diagnosed with bone mets and find myself alternating between being very poitive and then it’s all doom and gloom.

Trash

They all look interesting! If I’m home from zomeata appt in time I’ll log-in.

Stargazer, There are a couple of women who did try to start a group your way but didn’t have much response (so have been to Sussex Secs group) If you’re interested contact Steris she’s one of the Kent women

I totally forgot!! If anyone did log in, could we have an update ??

That is another thing… a lot of us secondary ladies need a fair bit of reminding. Not sure if due to stress, hormones or whatever.

Sorry to moderators… Julie x

Inormally have lots of energy and also did when having chmo. I now can’t believe how quickly I get exhaused now and find it really irritating.

Juliet you were not alone - I just totally forgot and do agree with you - we need a lot of help to remember things like this - I too am sorry Mods that I missed this.

Dawn
xx