Eye problems?

Hi!

I was just wondering whether anyone else is having the same problem as me, I’ve seen a thread about it, but it seems to be the girls who are having Chemo, I’m not.

My problem is my eyes, they are very watery and some mornings I look as though I’ve been crying for days! I was wondering whether it could be the Tamoxifen? Any ideas/input would be great!

Thanks!

Sara. x

Hi Sara,

I didn’t have chemo either. I am on Tamoxifen.

I had my eyes checked a month before my diagnosis and then six months later (cos my eyesight seemed to be slightly worse). The optician said that it was unusual for there to be a change that quickly and it could be down to the Tamoxifen, although at my age (46 then) eyes do tend to worsen.

I also had red veins on my right eye. He said that was probably due to illness and stress (bc?!). My eyes are never watery - I have the opposite problem!

Why don’t you have a word with an optician? It also might something totally unrelated to the Tamoxifen. You could ask a pharmacist or see your GP?

Hope they get better soon.

Jacki x

Thanks Jacki! Will do. Illness and stress… Hmmm what could they mean? lol… Hope your eyes also get better very soon! Thanks for responding!

Sara. x