cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eyelashes

6 REPLIES 6
Annie22

Re: Eyelashes

I finished chemo 2 yrs ago and still have very stumpy blond eyelashes and hardly visible eyebrows. I've dyed them, tried false lashes, worried and stared at them - but only real solution is to focus on something else. My hair? No, that's so thin....um..my skin....old now...... It will have to be the bigger picture. My solution is not to wear my glasses or contact lenses when I look in the mirror, so I can't see the detail. Same applies to the wonky boob with the dent in it. So I now feel blessed that I don't have good eyesight instead of sorry for having no eyelashes (....etc). Well, that's my thought for 3am.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

I finished chemo in Set 12. My eyelashes are getting there but are also feel a little shorter. I have used revitalash and although a little pricey, does last for ages as you only need a little. I feel that as made a difference as they are quite thick. My eyebrows however are much finer than before, and have to fill them in with pencil.

Dogmad84

Hya.  It has been eighteen months since I finished chemo, and to be honest, my lashes have only returned to their former state in the past few months.  I had been told they take the longest to grow back, compared with your hair.

My eyebrows are still very light in colour,[ they were dark brown], and sparse, so I continue to use an eyebrow powder, which has a very good effect.

I think if you hang in there, your eyelashes will eventually come back to how they were before treatment.

All the best.

netball

I must have been lucky with mine.  They came back better than I had before.  My eyebrows are a bit slower in coming in and my hair has come in grey.  Makes me feel much older but everyone says it looks great.

Guest user
Not applicable

Lancome has a two step mascara that makes your eyelashes look thicker. The first is a white base coat. The regular mascara goes over it. QB61
katieb

Hi - it took a while for my lashes to get back to how they were - I finished chemo November 2011 so it does take a while. I did use Revitalash for a while and it helped but you have to keep using it and its quite expensive.

My eyebrows have remained very sparse and I must have a dozen different eyebrow pencils/kits! If any body can recommend a really good one I'd be pleased to hear it!

Meanwhile be patient with the eyelashes, you'll get there.

drdspg

Eyelashes

Hi, I finished chemo at the end of September 2012. Although my eyelashes have grown back, they are skimpier than before and only half the length? Is that it?  Am I stuck with them like this? They were probably my best feature but it doesn't seem realistic to expect much change now..what are other people's experiences with this?