FACEBOOK CAMPAIGN - BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH

Hi Everyone,

One of my friends has suggested that we women do something special on Facebook in order to increase awareness of October Breast Cancer Awareness month. It’s so easy to do, that I’d love you to join in to make this a memorable online event. Last year, the idea was to post the colour of the bra you were wearing on facebook…and it left men wondering for days, why women were posting colours, seemingly at random. This year’s game has to do with your handbag/purse, where we put our handbag the moment we get home; for example “I like it on the couch”, “I like it on the kitchen counter”, “I like it on the dresser”. Well you get the idea. Just put your answer as your Facebook status- and cutand paste this message and forward to all your FB FEMALE friends to their inbox. The bra game made it to the news. Hopefully this year’s campaign will also make it to the news and raise awareness for Breast Cancer nationally. 

Love. light and positive thoughts to all.

Emma x 

Hi Spookymoo/Emma,

I hope you won’t be offended by my reply to your post, as I know you have shared this with the best of intentions.  There are loads of these so-called ‘breast cancer awareness’ games in circulation and they soon become very annoying as they actually don’t raise awareness at all, just promote bemused replies from FB friends and can be hurtful or offensive to some people affected by breast cancer.

If we really want to raise awareness of breast cancer, then there are lots of good websites such as BCC, CRUK, MacMillan, Coppa Feel, etc which have ‘info pics’ on signs and symptoms to look out for, which can be shared on Facebook.

Please feel I’m telling you off, and of course you are free to disagree with me, but I know a lot of my bc friends really dislike this kind of ‘game’.

best wishes to you for health and happiness.