FACEBOOK

hello! hope this is the right place to post ~ have read on a couple of threads that there is a facebook group ~ have looked but haven’t found it ~ what is it called please? many thanks. Rosemary

Hiya Rosemary,

If you search for Breast Buddies you will find it, its the one with the breast cancer ribbon and says 59 members.

I hope this helps.

(My profile is a cat that says “The voices are telling me to kill you” !!)

Julie

X X X

Think Im in!! thanks.

rp xx

here we go again!!!dont mention facebook,they will delete your posts…ha ha !!!Thats what they did to me anyway,think hard about joining the group as I am now thinking maybe its not such a good idea that people off here can see who you are and everything else into your life,I am no longer in the breast buddies group,chose to leave a few days ago,but still have some friends off here as they play word games with me on fb.

Being in the group doesn’t really bother me as I have nothing on my FB profile that I wouldn’t want people to see.
I don’t put any sensitive or personal info on there.

I think its nice to put faces to names.

X X

Ps…my profile is restricted so only people I have as friends can look at it.

well thats what I mean,after some of the discussions on here you may not want them as friends,my profile is only available to friends too,I am just saying be careful who you add,yes it is nice to put faces to names,well it was at first,but am having second thoughts now,and you say there is no personal info on there,but when u get chatting you give info away,if your slightly gullible like me anyway,I dont anymore add anyone that I have not met,well actually I am not that gullible,but I think I have been were this site is concerned.

Oh my facebook is addictive. I joined sometime ago and have the breast buddies, its lovely to Pm folk. nice to think you help people too.
Had to laugh though i just dont understand so much on it get fed up of so many people sending me things to join it could take over my life.
I have had some slightly dubious things on my fun wall and sent them to everyone twice by mistake, no wonder someone in church looked at me strangely last Sunday.
The PM facility is excellent. I dont think we are abusing BCC here, i love the professionalism of this site and the fact they are not paranoid like some sites on the net.

Rx

Debbi

I sorry you have had such a bad experience on FB, mines has all been positive and the people on there are all fantastic…I dont know what you mean by “you might not want them as friends” … Please dont tar us all with the one brush!!! Even though i dont know what you are refering too!
It is good to put faces to names, you only give away personal info if you want there are no rules saying you have too.
Allison xx

i must be thick because i have tried several times to find facebook and i just can’t. where is it and what’s it about?

hi ally t,I am not tarring everyone with the same brush,and I havnt had a bad experience on fb,I was referring to this site,and I keep saying I am not posting again but then something like your post always makes me.Dont take offence to what I said,this was just my view on maybe it was best to keep people off here private. x I use face book all the time and keep in touch with all my mates that way,no problem with it at all,its this site that naffs me off sometimes.

debbi

No offence taken and i meant it in a light hearted way wasnt digging you…just couldnt understand i thought you had had a bad experience, you dont need to reply back to me, i mean that nicely!!

I think this site is a good site we are all adults who are going through hard times in our own different ways, we should all be here for each other. I think we all get a bit peeved with this site and FB is just so easy.

Vodka
its facebook.co.uk you have to join then type in Breast Buddies !!! … Hope this works for you

Allison xxx

Hi All

I have just joined facebook not just for breast buddies, but friends and family also. It is good to put names to faces and have things in common.

I still love using this site also and great to get advise on things that touch all out hearts.

Kirsty xx

I must admit Its difficult to know who to add friends on fb, So far I have added all the breast buddie peeps but now I will keep it to only people I know. (I ended up adding about 50 in one week lol) Debbi and AllyT, you are two of my bestest friends on facebook and I am delighted to have been able to get to know you both so well and your such lovely ladys. There is also the lovely Lindsyloo who has become a fantastic friend to me, shes as Mohammed Ali would say is “The greatest” lol

I do think that everyone who joins should (this is my opinion) announce on the wall bit who they are on here so it gives people a chance to decide who they want to continue/start more personal friendships with. There are a couple of ladies on here who are not on facebook but if they were I would love to add them but wouldnt know who they were! lol

There are three of us Clare, Jenny and myself who are the admins on the group so if you do want to join let us know and we will add you.

Hello! well I’m in and thanks!
have read above concerns and I never put anything that I don’t want known ~ remember message boards are also in the public domain. I look forward to chatting to you all.

rp

Hi there I added you to the group and look forward to chatting to you, its great fun and the ladys are lovely.

Welcome xxx

jules1964

i would love to be added on facebook to get to know more lovely ladies. My name on FC is Kirsty Read

ok can you private message me your email address as there are a few Kirsty Read’s lol and dont want to message the wrong one lol, and then I will add you as a friend and then once i do that I can add you to the BB site, looking foward to speaking to you on there.

xxxx