FAO debs in cornwall and anyone else on avastin

funny enough steph did not get the funding for avastin.

we need to put together an appeal with proof that avastin works

debs, would it be possible to trouble you in helping us appeal to Plymouth primary care?

maybe a letter from you to say how it is working for you?

i need to gather as much info as possible

i dunno, open to suggestions

Ali

ok dawn
is debs on the other forum which steph can’t access?

Hi Ali,
sorry to hear Steph did not get funding it is so annoying when we cant get access to the drugs that we feel will make a difference to our condition. We were in Plymouth last week and I really was not impressed with Dillon from NICE his body language was closed, if he says no he will not be budged. I had my say and asked at what point does my survival put me in the cost effective plus category but he refused to respond, as far as they are concerned at the moment avastin is a no go area. I agree it is not the miracle drug but several people I know are still alive thanks to avastin.
I am happy to write a letter for you if you feel this would help, have you written an appeal letter to the trust? I can only speak from my experience I had the backing of my onc so I feel your case would be strengthened if Steph has the backing of hers.
I am going away on holiday on Tuesday for 10 days.
My computer skills are really poor and I have only been doing my own posts this year I only post on this site. I tried on line shopping but husband has put a lock on the keypad as I bought a very expensive bed instead of browsing!

Love Debsxxx