1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEC 75 & FEC 100

11 REPLIES 11

Re: FEC 75 & FEC 100

hi Artemis 17 thats good to hear re-your hair are you doing ok with any side effects Gill

Hi there just to say that ive had 3 cycles of Fec 100 and still have a good amount of hair after cold capping. I change to 3 T next so am hoping that I am going to manage to keep the majority of my hair. Yes it has thinned but all over so no real bald patches. The worst bit is not washing your hair often or no real style.

Definitely worth giving it a go.

I think this just highlights how different we all are and how individual our reactions to the drugs are. There really don't seem to be any hard and fast rules when dealing with cancer and it's treatment. But my surgeon said to me "You have to remain positive, because your body can heal itself." To which I replied "So what am I paying you for then?"
I know it's sometimes difficult to remain positive and upbeat, but that really has been my mantra throughout my treatment. Because at least I'm still here. And from getting my husband to clipper off my wisps on Boxing Day, I now have a rather fetching blonde afro of about 1&3/4 inches in height (not length, lol). That was unexpected!
So at the moment my hair kind of resembles Yazz of Yazz and the Plastic Population - #The only way is up, baby#

libby, the Epirubicin (The E part of FEC) is in all doses of Fec's irrespective of the number that goes before it. The number represents the strength not the Epirubicin X

Hi JB I had FEC 75 ( I understand that the 75 relates to the E for Epirubicin, the hair eater part of FEC) My Onc was very clear that I would lose my hair as it is very fine.He agreed to the cold cap and despite saying at each 3 wkly appt 'to give it 8 more days' ( for hair to be lost) it did work for me. All I can say is give it a try xxx

I know of 3 ladies that had FEC 100 + TAX, used the cold cap and managed to keep thier hair. So It does not always mean your hair will fall out if you are on FEC100 and use the cold cap.

thankyou both for the info i will ask the dosage so worried about losing my hair but got to be done really dont want to use scarves will hopefully get a good wig cant believe i am writing this x

Venice25 - Before I was started on FEC100, I was told by the chemo nurses that around 40% of ladies who have FEC75 (and use the cold cap) manage to retain enough hair not to need a wig, but that 100% of ladies who have FEC100 lose their hair, despite using the cold cap. I tried it anyway for my first 2 cycles but by the third cycle there wasn't enough left on my head to prevent frostbite and so had to stop using the cold cap.
It would seem that the numbers do just relate to dosage, but if you're thinking about hair loss it might be helpful to know the dosage you've been prescribed. My advice would be, if you've been prescribed FEC100, don't put yourself through the trauma of the cold cap because you definitely will lose your hair anyway.
I thought I might be the exception that proves the rule on that score because I had very thick hair, but it still fell out
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi I had FEC 75 (I wasn't informed of the dosage before hand - it just happened to be on my pharmacy notes). I used the cold caps and they worked for me, although my hair thinned quite considerably, I managed with hair clips and comb overs! The cold cap choice is very individual, and don't work everyone, in spite of the dosage X

Hi i have been informed having 6 x FEC no mention of 100 or 75 i want to try the cold cap am i missing something re FEC treatment that i need to clarify

Quick answer - yes, it is just the dose. Sometimes if people experience really bad side effects on FEC 100 they will be changed to FEC 75 or even FEC 50. Also sometimes if people are very small or have underlying health conditions they will have the lower dose versions. All three will cause hairloss as the drugs are identical. I didn't know that about cold caps and FEC 100, but then I didn't try it, so knew I'd lose my hair.

FEC 75 & FEC 100

Does anyone know what the difference is between FEC75 & FEC100? I'm just curous because I had FEC100 and lost my hair depite trying the cold cap. Apparently the cold cap NEVER works with 100 (but I had to give it a go), but sometimes does with 75. So is the difference just the dose?