363506posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEC-T Cold shivers and hot flushes.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: FEC-T Cold shivers and hot flushes.

Baby wipes in top drawer of bedside cabinet are handy, a quick wipe down helps to cool things down xx

I found a cold pack under the pillow good every time I got hot I turned it and the cold on my head worked on the rest of me. mine improved when I finished the fec part. still get odd ones but not as many.

I feel for you! I had my last chemo (fec-t) 2 wks ago and am exactly the same! Keeps me awake all night. My mum and dad bought me a lovely old style Chinese fan which I keep by my bed - it works wonders for the hot flushes! Let's hope it passes soon. Hugs xx

Hi

I finished FEC-T at the end of July and I still get really hot and then next thing I know is I am shivering. Its not really surprising as it takes time for the body to recover from other side effects like hair, nails and skin. Take care SML xx

Hi Redrose,

I had my second CEF (FEC) this week and have been having hot flushes during the nights and keep waking up. During the day I get suddenly really cold and can`t stand anything cold on my head or wet feet or cold hands. It is winter now in my country so snow is falling and cnnot go out without a hat. I hope this goes away because it feels awful. I feel menopausal, I suppose, with the hot flushes. One more to go...regards, Sunshiney

Hi yes same here, finished 6 x fec -t on 3rd September and having constant cold chills and hot flushes, but put that down to tamoxifen,   and oh yes the total lack of energy and strength was the one thing that really really got to me felt like i would never recover. Didint even have the energy some days to eat. But it did slowly get better abd we went away second week in october and walked and walked on the beech with the dog and i was actually surprised how well i managed so dont worry you'll get there. I feel normal again now well if a little unfit and over weight can be called normal lol, 

deelush x x

Thank you Wendy. 

@WP23 wrote:

hi redrose65

Unfortunately your SE's sound normal. I finished chemo on 1st Sept and am still experiencing all the symptoms you have listed. It is the docetaxel I have been told and can last a while 😞 on a positive note, at least we are not alone and things can only get better xx

Wendy

hi redrose65

Unfortunately your SE's sound normal. I finished chemo on 1st Sept and am still experiencing all the symptoms you have listed. It is the docetaxel I have been told and can last a while 😞 on a positive note, at least we are not alone and things can only get better xx

Wendy

FEC-T Cold shivers and hot flushes.

Hi All 

I have just finished 6 x FEC-T. having the 3 x T last one was 3 weeks ago. Had a 2 day stay in hospital last week due to an infection. But i have been having cold spells which give me goose pimples, the i get a hot flush. Told the ong / bc nurse they said its the chemo. But wondered if anyone else has had it??? Also i have trouble walking and generaly doing anything, i have no energy and my arms and legs are so weak and achie. Is this normal?