FEC T....hair loss

Hi, I’m a new member and have had my 1st chemo with my 2nd on Dec 27th. I’ve just noticed past 2 days that my hair is coming out, I used cold cap and have a wig ready but I’m still hoping I don’t need to use the wig (highly unlikely I’m sure!). I’ve heard about a product called Caboki concealer which is applied to help disguise thinning areas ( my hairs pretty thin to begin with !!) wondered if anyone has heard/used of it or have and words of wisdom/comfort about the hair loss on Fec T. Feels pretty surreal posting this (my first time). Kind of making the reality of having BC real again if that makes sense…?!

Any replies very grateful
V (39& a little fragile at mo ) x

Hello VickieD

Welcome to the BCC forums. 

As well as the support and shared experiences you may receive from your fellow users we also have our free helpline on 0808 800 6000 where you can talk to one of our staff who are there to offer support and information. Lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2…

I have also put a link below to our publication on hair loss

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/breast-cancer-hair-loss-bcc54

With best wishes

June, moderator

Thank you June. I down loaded it earlier and it prompted me to join the forum and post. Was useful x

Thank you Sal. You are right, in the grand scheme of things and all that… Really appreciate your insight, I’m hoping too that once the initial shock has passed that it will become far less worrying than I’m thinking.

Wishing you well for your next treatment, one more under our belt eh?!

V xx