Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEC-T

13 REPLIES 13
Balli-Boo

Re: FEC-T

Hi. I logged off for a few days. 

Thanks for replying.

You are the only one that has had T first that I am aware of, on this site.

I have had my WLE and so small tunour was removed.

Only one node was removed for SNB and it was positive, hence chemo.

I start on Friday. 

As you say, we are all different. 

Different with each consultant eh.

Thanks for all the great advice. I will follow. 

Hope all is well with you. 

x

Balli-Boo

Thank You. Christmas was lovely but... in back of my mind...chemo.

I logged off for a couple of days.

Hope all well with you.

x

Mysticalmoo

Hi. I've only just spotted this. I finished my chemo in July and had the T first. I think it's to do with age, tumour type but I didn't ask too many questions. I had a great response, my tumour was a huge invasive lobular cancer and spread throughout my left breast. The largest area measured over 9cm. After 2nd Tax she estimated it was 5-6cm and once removed it was less than 5 so chemo was deemed to be successful. The texture of the lump changed dramatically - it felt rock hard to start but by the end it was jelly like.

The side effects are totally different for each of the chemo drugs and I was quite severely affected (so I'm not going to go into the details as everyone's different) but if you look after yourself and don't be afraid of telling them when you feel rough, they can help you with advice and medication.

If you want any more information, just let me know. Good luck. Once you start, it goes quickly! I promise! Xxx
Lorraine2

Hey Balli-Boo, good to hear your meeting went ok. I am good, just looking forward to getting my last chemo over and done with Monday next week. Hope you manage to enjoy Christmas and try not to worry too much about things, you will cope just fine xxxx
Balli-Boo

Thanks.

Had an ok meeting with a chemo nurse.got to try the cold cap on for size.

lots of info.

So now I know where I have to go exactly for my treatment.

Hope all ok with you.

xx

Balli-Boo

Thank You.

xxx

Lorraine2

I was like you BalliBoo and totally dreading it as I have a phobia of needles and had also read horror stories about side effects. However, I can honestly say that I have coped really well with it and it hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be for me. As you say, it's just got to be done and you seem to get an inner strength from somewhere and just get on with it. Xxxxxxxx
san1952

hope all goes well today

Balli-Boo

Thanks. Not  really worried but wondered why.

Will find out tomorrow.

Just dreading the whole chemo but am sure no one ever looks forward to it.

Just gotta be done.

Take care.

x

Lorraine2

Hope everything goes okay with your appt tomorrow. Let me know how you get on. I have heard of others who have had the T first though so don't worry xxxx
Balli-Boo

Hi

Everyone seems get the FEC first. I was told starting with the T.

I have my pre chemo appt tomorrow so will find out why tomorrow.

I didnt think to ask the onc when I saw him cos just thought thats how it was , until I looked on this blog.

Hope all is well with your treatment and hurrah, last one soon.

x

Lorraine2

Hey Balli-Boo, I am on FEC-T but, unlike you, I got the three FECs first. Due to get my last T December 29th xxxxx
Janet_BCC

Hi Balli-Boo

I wondered if you had seen the thread started by members beginning their chemo after Christmas.  I have attached a link:

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/Post-Xmas-chemo-starters-thread...

I hope this helps

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Balli-Boo

FEC-T

Hi everyone.

I start on this early Jan.

I know a few of you are on this.

I just wondered how many of you started on the T first.

I am having 3 sessions on T first followed by 3 FEC.

Thanks