FEC-T

Hi , I have under gone to lumpectomies in the last eight weeks. . I was diagnosed with triple negative BC.
I am due to start FEC-T in a week and a bit followed by radio therapy . . I lost my husband due to pneumonia caused from low blood count after one dose of chemo .
I live over an hour from my children , in a new area which I had to continue with after him passing , I am petrified about starting the chemo and living alone . I am disabled with fibromyalgia , and am in constant pain it affects my mobility I can’t walk far and use a stick .
h

Dear HG12,

I am so sorry to hear of your problems. I had FEC-T, starting Feb 5th 2013, ending May 23rd 2013. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sjogren’s Syndrome and Bronchiectasis with Pseudomonas colonies. Everyone thought I would have a lot of problems. But, with FEC I was fine. My RA symptoms disappeared, I’d had my lungs drained whilst having my MX, and was on a low dose anti-biotic three days a week, so chest was pretty good too. I had no sickness, basically my biggest problems were constipation, with painful hemorrhoids.

You will see your oncologist every three weeks, two days before your next chemo session. Tell them everything that you suffered as side effects, and they will give you medication to counteract them. Above all, keep a digital thermometer and take you temperature. Especially if you don’t feel well. They will give you an emergency number to ring should your temperature reach 38c or above, and have you in hospital immediately. Most hospitals also provide a self administered injection to take starting on day 4. Mine were for 7 days, others have 1 or 2. These are to help your body recover its immunity (neutrophils or white blood cells) to help you fight infection. Another good tip would be to join one of the monthly chemo groups on  these forums. You will make online friends, and receive help and advice from others who are going through the same things as you are.

I’m sending you big hugs, and wishing you all the best for your treatment.

Poemsgalore xx

Thank u for ur reply , it’s all just so much right now xx

i am so sorry to hear of your troubles.  i have fibromyalgia as well, and i walk with a stick.  i had a 10cm invasive lobular cancer, which was removed 2 months ago.  i also had to have all my lymph nodes removed as well.  i walk with a stick, and am finding it increasingly difficult to keep going.  i am very blessed in that i have a loving and devoted husbabd, and a daughter just about to go to university.  i start chemo on thursday, and am dreading what it might do to my condition.  i do hope you fing the streanth to complete the treatment and comr through to the other side