FEC, Taxol & Perjeta

This is my 1st post. I’v been feeling (like us woman always do) that i can do this on my own but as d-day looms i realise that i don’t have to anymore & lots of others can & want to help…so here goes…story in a nutshell hopefully…
I was diag 18mths ago DCIS after 2 ops it was decided that a mastectomy was the only option as no clear margins, luckily lymphs clear. ER & Her2 + so as an insurance…6 FEC with ice cap & year herceptin & daily tamoxifen. Rainbow was in sight with 4 more herceptins left when new lump appeared under arm on mastectomy side!!! Gutted… Luckily not a spread but another new growth, removed & same as previous. Just finished 3.5 weeks radiotherapy & about to embark on 6 or 9 weekly Taxols with another year of herceptin & alsp perjeta. Hormone therapy to be changed to Arimidex with Zoladex as i’m pre menopsusal (44).
Has anyone gone thru anything similar ie FEC then Taxol…or have any experience with perjeta? I’m the 1st to be given this drug at my spire hosp. I work for the company that makes it so am aware of the drug…its more the real life experience & tolerability that i’m intetested in as my chemo ladies have no previous experiences to refer to.
Also having had fantastic success with the ice cap during FEC i am dreading the tender scalp side effects…it was bad enough on a 3 weekly regime…not sure how a weekly cycle will pan out pain wise…again anyone with any experience?
One last thing…not able to have neulasta this time, can anyone reccomend any supplements to help boost immune system?
Have already postponed wedding from 2013 due to obvious…am not letting the cancer ruin 2014!!!
Any advice…experiences…support would be greatly received.
Thanks ladies in advance x

Hi florence69

I am sorry to read that you’re going through a really tough time at the moment.  I’m sure some of the other users will be a long soon to offer you their experiences and support.

In the mean time you might find it helpful to talk to a member of staff on the BCC helpline.  Here you can talk through your questions and concerns with someone who will offer you emotional support and practical information.  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Satuday 10 to 2pm. 

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

Hi there . I’m only just starting my fec - t herceptin , programme but just undergone mx and ANC post op two weeks and doing really well so far. Defiantly not looking forward to chemo . There are some monthly threads running in chemo therapy section for people who are going through chemo to support and share experiences and I think you might find them very useful. Each group usually has a list of regimes people are on and the postings share hints and tips and people’s side effects. There is one going at present called September stars for people like myself who embark this month some are embarking again and there are of course previous groups to refer to. Pop on and join or have a look through the window . It’s good to share and find comfort as we feel we are not alone some groups are up to 60 ! All the very best and you will get that wedding and look beautiful once this folly is behind you

X x