cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEC and water retention anyone?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: FEC and water retention anyone?

Hi, I have had a problem with water retention. It was pretty bad after my first FEC and I have just had FEC6. My ankles legs and abdomen are very bloated. What can anyone recommend that has worked for them.

Karen

Highlighted

Thank you to all you ladies, can always count on a speedy reply,

I dont look as bad today, suprising what difference a day makes.

I would have to agree with you other ladies, although i have only had 2 of 6 FEC, i definatley feel a little rubbish for the first week, now starting to feel better already.
Beetroot colour face and neck have gone, water retention better, nausea is greatly reduced and so is my dry skin.

I feel lucky so far, compared to many ladies here, who have had a real rough time, i had expected to look and feel horrendous.
Dont get me wrong i know things can turn sour real quickly, but for now, im OK!

To any of the new ladies here, This forum has been a great help and reassurance to me, it really has, i lost my mum 2 years ago so found it a little hard to cope when first dx with bc.(mum had bc twice in 17 years, she was a fighter, and an inspiration, and i miss her dearly.

x x x

Highlighted

Suze, good luck and cyber hug for tomorrow, the chemo nurses are fab and will look after you! Time will speed up once you get #1 over and done with! Take a day at a time and be kind to yourself! XxTina

Highlighted

Hi,
notverybrave...I begin FEC tomorrow so maybe we should keep in contact so I can tell you what it's like...or not maybe!!
Like you I am really scared and worried but am hoping that this side of the fence is the worst and once we get there and get on with it we find out that's its not as bad as we thought. Everyone here says it's doable and so it will be for us too..I think its the fear of the unknown that is the worst and when you read the info they give you then you drop into panic mode but we must remember that they have to tell us what might happen and hopefully not much of the side effects will happen or be too bad.
Good luck, hope that all makes sense
Suze xx

Highlighted

Hi Van

Great to read your post. I feel exactually the same as you, don't look forward to the chemo and the week after is horrible.
After I get over the nausea and bone pain I start to feel normal again and I feel great, and people say you look wonderful if only they knew.

I get chemo no 4 next week so I am one behind you. After that I have to get 20 rads. The lady next to me at the chemo unit says rads are a doddle compared to chemo, we will see if she is right. Are you having rads to?

As you say we are all different but I am a very positive person and I am not going to let BC beat me.

Love Anne xx

Highlighted

Hi notverybrave,,,,,, you must be very brave to be going through this......

I am having my 5th fec next week adn they come around too quick......I have to say... I hate them with so much passion.... I can barely move for the first week but after that I feel amazing... and start singing life is for living... so when the sh*t week ends Im ready to move forward to feeling better....

We are all different... and all have different reactions.... please take each day as it comes and be brave,,,,..... and moan when you want to ... dont feel you arent allowed.....

take good care
Van

Highlighted

Hi

I have had 3 Fec and another 3 to go. Like you I was terrified about what the side effects were going to be like, but I can honestly say they are not as bad as I expected. I find that the first week after chemo I have nausea and bone pain from the Neulasta injection I get 24hours after chemo. After that I am back to normal or sometimes just a bit more tired than usual. Drink plenty of water on day of chemo as this helps flush the toxins through quicker. Take anti-nausea pills when needed, and if you find a certain kind don't work ask for a change of pills.
I know it is different for each person and I am not saying it is always easy, but im sure you will cope like the rest of us on the forum. This is a great place to be for help and advice from all the different ladies, and if I can help you with anything else please let me know
Love Anne xx

Highlighted

Hello
I am new to the site & have had breast removed & reconstruction & due to start chemo next week. I am starting with FEc for first 3sessions . I am scared to death about the short & long term side effects can you offer any advice or helpful comments? Thanks

Highlighted

Same here, I guess it's the dex, moonface look!

Highlighted

Hi Sandra

Im on FEC number 5 in a weeks time and I have the same problem.....I bloat out completely that I could be called George Dawes......

I have put 16 pounds with the chemo and not loving that feeling.... cant wait for Sept to come around.....

hope youre ok

Van

Highlighted

Hi Sandra. Yes I got it too - slightly worse on Tax than FEC - I think it's the steroids rather than the chemo.

Highlighted

FEC and water retention anyone?

A quick question Ladies,

I have just had my 2nd FEc and hair is falling out so has to go tommorrow, have a hairdressers app in the afternoon.

I look like a beetroot. Sooooooooo red in the face and upper body, ha ha

But i suffer from water retention anyway but after each FEC i look really fat, not just in the face all over, upper arms belly legs.
Just wondering if anyone else gets bad water retention after a cycle?

Thanks in advance
Sandrae x x x