1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEC or T worse

6 REPLIES 6

Re: FEC or T worse

See how up tight I am I am saying FETTING insteas of FECCING.

Had a phone call and I am starting my first chemo on Monday and was told it was FET.  I did not ask her to elaborate as did not want a weekend worrying about it.  They are starting me off on 75% and will up it if I am okay!!!!!!!Of course I will not be okay I will be FETING SICK no doubt.   Must remember to ask for sickness injection and millions of pills.  Keep strong everybody we will not let this FETTING thing beat us. XX  Eileen

I definitely found the Fec part easier than the T. Had my last dose of T last week and am now feeling nauseous with little appetite. Have a sore, dry mouth and am feeling really fed up. I too have a constantly dripping nose and am so glad that I don't have to have any more chemo. Daisy, my onc said that people who struggle with the Fec part usually do better on the T part, hope this is the case for your mum.

I completed my FEC with few really bad side effects.  The week after was the worst with possibly only one day that I felt I couldn't get out a walk. I had a reduced appetite and metallic taste in my mouth but still managed to eat a reasonable amount to keep my strength up.  I too had terrible constipation, for I was prescribed Loxido which wasgreat.  As I had been 'ok' for my first three FEC I thought the next lot would be ok...

I had my first T last Thursday the next day I felt fine but since then my whole body feels like it has been squashed by a steam roller.  I have been in bed unable to get up for the last five days.  I have absolutely no apetite for food or drink despite my family trying to entice me again severe constipation.  My skin has broken out in small spots/sores and looks a yucky whitish yellow.  I also have a bad dripping nose which will all of a sudden run for no reason along with a lovely sore in my right nostril. My hands and feet also have a numb tingling sensation and my nails feel bruised.  I am now on day 8 and have wondered if I can continue with the next two treatments.  I think I was lulled into a false sense of security by the FEC.  I feel like the life has been sucked out of my body.  I hope your mum has the opposite effect to me as from what you say the FEC has been pretty grim for her- fingers crossed.

For me the T was much easier, actually thought I'd been given a placebo I felt so well. Roughly 4/5 days after infusion my whole body hurt like I'd been beaten up with a baseball bat! I popped painkillers like smarties for a couple of days and had hot water bottles on my back etc
I lost my sense of taste almost immediately and it came back during week 3
I also suffered from oral thrush after each infusion and don't think I really got rid of it between no.s 5&6
As you say we are all different, you say your mum is losing weight.... I put on 3 stone! Most of it dropped off pretty quick when treatment finished. Best of luck

Hi Daisy

I am only having FEC. My oncologist told me that the T bit was much harsher for the body and she didn't think it was necessary for me to go through it with my grade cancer. However, the chemo nurses have said to me that in terms of side effects (nausea vomiting etc), it is the FEC bit which is worse.

I am sorry to hear that your mum has been so poorly. I had a rough time for the first 2 cycles (nausea,vomiting, fainting, palpitations etc) but now they have reduced the dose I am doing much better. I hope your mum does better on the T part - at least now she is half way through.

Take care,

Emxx

FEC or T worse

Those ladies that are having / had FEC-T - just wondering which part you found worse? What side effects did you have?
Mum is almost at end of FEC and has had neutropenic sepsis with chest infection, terrible constipation, stomach cramps throughout and nightsweats and shivers. Also lost appetite (and lots of weight) and things do not taste good. Wondering what T has in store for her.
I know it's different for everyone but thought t might be useful to hear other experiences.
Thanks.
️Xxx