cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEC

14 REPLIES 14
On a diversion

Re: FEC

Thank you very much Sue, on,y just spotted your reply! X How are you doing on herceptin? 

Sue54

HI Isabella, my BC was as yours and I was booked for FEC-T but was stoppd at just FEC because the treatment made me so very ill. I then moved straight on to herseptin and now had 5/18 traetments. My Oncologist told me you cant have the herceptin without chemo because thats how the hercptin was trialled so we all have to follow this regime although lots of current trials are provving now that in fact its just as good to just do the herceptin. She also told me that many, many patients only have one FEC treatment and they have for years done very well indeed. The main part of the treatment as she told me was this herceptin and its just important to enter this treatment feeling as well as possible. Im doing OK although the chemo had knocked my heart efficiency down to 50% which is border line for having the treatment so I work on exercising as much as I can daily to build my heart stregnth back. All my best wishes to you Sue x

Jomo

i have had 3 fec, due to start t tomorrow, i said think lump has shrunk, so now they are saying i may only have fec? i am confused about this as my nodes have shown to be involved,

On a diversion

Thank you Tina xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hope its ok tomorrow xx

On a diversion

Thank you Helly xx

helly18

Good luck for Monday Isabelle, I agree check with your oncologist about the regime just so your clear xxx

On a diversion

Oh Tina it's good yours was ER+ too as it gives them something else to try.  I'm starting Monday and have decided against cold capping. Isabelle xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi isabelle
I start Thursday, yes im her2 and er positive. Trying the cold cap too x
On a diversion

Thank you Tina,

Mine was grade 3 and her2+ too. Don't particularly want FECT but if it improves my chances ...  I think I'll ask my oncologist, just to out my mind at ease. 

When do do you start? 

Isabelle x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, im starting fec x3 then fec t. I had clear margins and no nodes involved but its grade 3 so i guess thats why? X
On a diversion

Hi Charys,

Thank you for replying. I was feeling a bit billy no mates earlier but now greatly cheered up by the beautiful airfish (anyone reading this and thinking 'whatever she is on, I want some', check out benchland 😊).

I looked it all up and it seems that FEC is recommended when there is no node involvement and I do trust my oncologist, apparently one of the best!  Also phoned a helpline and the person I spoke with double checked for me. I just need to start now as it's messing with my head! 

Love x

Charys
Community Champion

Ok, look, you know that I know little about FEC, only the leaflets I was given. I've not had it and won't be now, but I was offered FEC- T in my borderline position. Grade 3 and no lymph node invovlment, stage 1.

A surgeon family member, with some oncology experience was surprised, said it was usual to have FEC without T for grade 3 with lymph nodes not invovled, then the T was added in if nodes involved. Then I asked someone else, somewhere else, and they said something different. So, I am wondering if there are differences  up and down the country in this matter, based on different factors like your specific diagnosis and the beliefs of the oncology team.

Right, now I've added my rather 'lacking any sort of knowledge' opinion lol I will be off and leave it to those who DO know to reply.....just wanted to reply to you really. 

Xxx

On a diversion

😕

On a diversion

FEC

Hiya.

I keep worrying so better to get it out there and ask, has anyone else with grade 3, HER2 + had 'just' FEC (not FEC-T), followed by herceptin?

Isabelle