cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST CHEMO

6 REPLIES 6
julesk

Re: FIRST CHEMO

I wonder if anyone can help me I am due my 3rd fec thurs but I have caught headlice my head is itchy. I am cold capping wonder if the cold will zap tgem thursday
Athens

Hi Tonipm
How are you doing now? Hope you are feeling a bit better.
Do think about joining us in the June 2014 thread.
Take care
Athens.
Lisa_C

You have to take each day as it comes. I found that my symptoms lasted about 5 days and then I would start to feel slightly better, I would get about 7-10 normal days but although hard to remember and focus on at the time I just had to keep saying this is not forever and I will get through it. Use the forum lots, I did and it kept me sane. You can do this and get some ginger biscuits that will help with the nausea xx
BIM

Hi there, I am so sorry you feel lonely....it is a loney experience even with amazing family/friend support/ I have just had chemo number 4. No one said chemo was going to be fun but it is so do able. Keep a sense of humour... hard but essential. I call my symptoms Chemo Gremlins and just think if I feel rough then the pesky cancer cells have got to be feeling worse. Are you using cold cap?

Happy to do this journey with you

Niki x  Or B.I.M  Better in the Morning! My mantra!

rosie14

Hi tonipm join the June 14 monthly thread and like poemsgalore said and you will find this a great support, Good Luck!
poemsgalore

Dear tonipm,

Have you joined one of the chemotherapy monthly threads yet? You will share your experiences and symptoms with others undergoing chemo at the same time. Your symptoms sound pretty average, although not everyone gets all of them, and they don't get them at the same time as everybody else, as we are all different. I didn't start getting my side effects until day 6 of my cycle and they only lasted about 6 days. Try to keep a diary of what symptoms you had - and when, This will be your pattern for every treatment, and you can tell your oncologist so they can give meds to counteract them next time. 

Sending hugs

poemsgalore xx

tonipm

FIRST CHEMO

hi had my first chemo on tuesday, didnt expect such symptoms as sore and swollen tummy (almost like a bug). really bad heartburn. constant nausea. horrid taste can almost smell it. really bad constipation. has anybody else experienced this. how long does it last. is there anything i can do. so emotional and weepy righg now.