Face hair

So I’m three quarters through chemo and my hair has started growing back. It’s now about 1cm all over my scalp … which is good … but should I be worried about it seeming to be really long on my face as well? Thankfully it’s blond on my face so doesn’t really show. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hello Lalala,

This seems to be a common problem and a lot of us have had it! The good news is the facial hair disappears after a few weeks all by itself.

Myself and three chemo buddies all had downy faces towards the end and after chemotherapy, and it disappeared spontaneously in all of us.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment!

xxx

Hi Lalala

Justme is right. I panicked too! You can either leave it or just razor it off. It doesn’t come back. If it helps I have had far much less facial hair after chemo (and am now a year on from it). Take it off you worry list, my love.

Take care and good luck

Dilys
xx

Howdy -

don’t worry it goes very quickly. Also if you head hair is coming back grey - mine grew out back to its original colour after a few months. It all sorts itself out in the end.

Keep well - Jacqui

Hi all

Gosh, I thought it was just me looking like a blonde werewolf for a while! It did just last a few weeks, but it seemed rather odd! So glad Lalala raised this point and I can see it’s not just me!

Stay well everybody
Sue xx

Thanks for your comments ladies. I don’t feel so bad now … just wondering if I can wait until it drops out or whether to borrow the OH’s razor! You’ve got to laugh … haven’t you :slight_smile:

Na DONT razor it i believe it grows back quicker.
I am on tamoxifen after my chemo. Have prob with facial hair especially around some moles but i just cut the hair. Never shave them.
Somehow they never tell us about these very annoying things that happen to us, do they?

R

Hi,

This isn’t to do with hairy faces from chemo but I was just wondering whether any of you other ladies noticed other hairs whilst on chemo? I have, either since surgery (LD recon) or since starting FEC (had 2nd on Tuesday) dark hairs and large pores sprouting on my boob. I wasn’t sure why on earth these were appearing but having read this thread wondered whether they could perhaps be a side effect of the steriods they give you during chemo. Has anyone else had odd pores/hairs? Hoping it is a chemo issue and they will disappear afterwards or I may end up having to brush my boob!!! Argh!

xxO

Thanks Liverbird … will just trim with scissors then! Sorry Ostrich, not had your problem … yet … but am gonna keep a careful watch from now on :slight_smile:

S x

Hi,

Re my hairy boob (good grief who’d have thought 6 months ago I’d be discussing having a hairy boob!) - my surgeon says its due to lymphodema in my boob and this is enlarging my pores and making the hairs that I apparently always had appear darker and more noticeable and when my boob sorts out its drainage it should settle. Have to say I knew my boob pretty well before and there were NEVER dark hairs. Visions of future imac-ing of boob if it doesn’t go away! Eek!

I was going to ask about facial hair today at the oncologist appointment, but with so many other questions to ask, left this one out.
But if you think about it, new hair growth on babies is like our new hair growth, after chemo = very fine and babies can have a lot of blonde facial hair which disappears over a few weks.
So, I think we are like newborns!

That’s a nice way to think of it … shame I don’t feel like a newborn :slight_smile:

So glad it’s not just me! I am 2 months since last chemo and on Tamoxifen - I thought I was turning into a she-wolf! So reassuring to read your posts!

Hi,as others have said it will go, please dont shave or use hair removing cream I made this mistake and now I have to do it once or twice a week.

best wishes mell x