Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook network for younger women diagnosed with breast cancer

107 REPLIES 107
madamjojohunt

Re: Facebook network for younger women diagnosed with breast cancer

Hi cass79
sometimes there are alot of requests to get through. My request took a little bit of time to get accepted. Hopefully you'll.ger on there soon if you havent already
joanne x
cass79

I requested to join (I'm 36 and pregnant) but haven't had a response yet. Anything I need to do?x

Brady40

Bump

Brady40

Hi all, I'm just bumping this post up for any newer ladies who might not be aware of the YBCN group. I've found the group completely invaluable - would definitely recommend checking it out.

tors

Yes it's a thriving community, just search Facebook or twitter to find us. If you struggle send me a private message, we're not allowed to post the actual link on here so you'll need to turn detective to find us!

lorjema

Hi All,

Please use this link - Younger Breast Cancer Network which will take you to the facebook page, once there go to the About section which will tell you how to join the group.

Hope that helps you all out 🙂

Jane1978

Hi iv tried this fb link and copied and pasted but it says link no longer working 😿 can you add me or doesn't it work like that ?! I'm 36 rec dx with bc married with two children just started chemo x jane
KennysGirl

Does this Facebook network still exist - couldn't seem to access it via the link below.

Would like to join. Recently diagnosed at 33.

Thanks

madamjojohunt

tors

Hi Clare, if you scroll through this thread, you'll come to a link for the Facebook public page. Once you are on the page, send us a private message expelling about your diagnosis, age, where you live and where you heard about us and then we can start the ball rolling to add you to the secret invite only chat group x

clare304

How do i access this facebook page? New to this site and interested in joining.
Clare x
Guest user
Not applicable

Bumping up 🙂
tors

Bumping for ylimed and anyone else who wants it really! We've nearly 350 members now. X

Zuzy

Bumping for Esther and Gretna
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Rachel, if you follow the link that has been posted previously and then send them a private message they will reply to you. sally xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
is am 32 and newly diagnosed on Thursday. No plan yet as waiting for an MRI but I would like to join your fb group please.
thank yyou rachael xxxx
chascat

Bumping for tarradiddle1

tors

https://www.facebook.com/ManchesterYoungerWomensBreastCancerNetwork?bookmark_t=page

Hi everyone, this is the link you need to take you to our Facebook page. Since starting this thread, our group has gone from strength to strength, such that we now have 330 members in just the few months since octiber 2012. We add new members daily.

The group started off to link younger women with breast cancer around Manchester together. It became clear within a day or two that there was an overwhelming need for our group nationwide as we were inundated with requests, so we swapped the 'manchester' to 'uk' and went from there!

Our members are in their twenties, thirties, early and mid forties and are UK based with a personal breast cancer diagnosis. We talk about serious breast cancer stuff sometimes, but also chat about normal everyday stuff and post photos etc too. We have a separate group that ladies with recurrences or advanced breast cancer can join, but that's in addition to the main group where everyone mostly chats. We have a research group too, where we can post and chat about latest research, and members can opt to join that if they want to. All of groups are 'secret' groups which mean the can only be read by other group members, and don't appear on search engines.

To join, you need to send a private message on our Younger Breast Cancer Network (UK) page (link above). Hope it helps some of you xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Can you please add me to the group! I am in London but like the sound of joining! Thanks!
raechi

Bumping for any new ladies if you want an additional place to share...we have over 260 members now..(sad its such a big group)..but its additional support should any younger woman want it..
Rae
x

tors

Bumping up for Louisemvp

Quick link to the public page:

https://www.facebook.com/ManchesterYoungerWomensBreastCancerNetwork?bookmark_t=page

Send us a message confirming you are a younger lady (pre screening age) with a breast cancer diagnosis and where you heard about us. We'll then sort out getting you into the private chat group. Most of our members are in their md thirties, but with members going up to mid 40s ish at one end and down to mid 20s going the other way.

Guest user
Not applicable

I've joined the facebook group 🙂
tors

Bumping up for Rieswans

tors

I'm sooooo pleased we have 200 members now. As Midge says, any younger ladies who would like to chat with others with a breast cancer diagnosis are more than welcome to join us. Not everybody chats, quite a few ladies just read. We have people joining us most days, so it isn't a closed ship, there's always someone new. Just send a message to Younger Breast Cancer Network (UK) on Facebook. That's our public page, but try and send us a private message on there so it's not visible to the general public. We'll respond as soon as we can, send you a friend request and then click you into the group. Please tell us how old you are, confirm a little about your breast cancer diagnosis/treatment and how you heard about us if you can. Thanks again, Vickie x

Midge

Just to update we now have 200 members.
Many have young children, are single parents or are pregnant at the moment, so if anyone is out there feeling isolated and wants to chat privately please follow the link and send us a message.
dx

Midge

Hi I have responded on fb.
We have over 190 members now.
debx

KG0

Hello all.. Just posting so I can find this thread again! I've sent an FB message so hopefully see you all on there.
Guest user
Not applicable

ok thanks il try again x
sue x
Midge

Hi Sue I am an admin on the grp and your message has not been received. Please send a private message to the grp again. There is no link to join,you are added through messaging. Do try again. If you still have problems, write a post on the main page and one of us will pick it up. Debx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi could sumone please add me to this fb group just had a look n pressed like but couldnt find the link to join wrote a message n pressed post but didnt seem to work thanks x
sue x
tors

Bumpin up for Cazzie1111 and any other ladies who may have missed it previously. There's nearly 200 of us now! We may be small in Breast cancer cases percentage terms, but there are still a hell of a lot us us!

tors

Into, not not!

tors

That's the link to the page. *touches wood that it works*, once you find this page, please send a private message to the page admin asking to join and telling us a bit about yourself so we can ensure you meet the group criteria (just to keep us all secure). Tell us about your diagnosis, how old you are and where you heard about us. We'll then send you a friend request and once you accept it we can add you not the private group. Make sure your Facebook is set to accept friend requests from strangers as otherwise it won't let us send you one.

Hope that helps?

Guest user
Not applicable

How do I join
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi there i would love to join your fb page but can't find it. i am 35 and have been diagnosed this week.
Thanks
tors

That's great Leah, thanks for replying. I shall go ask the girls!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi tors

It's really great that the Facebook group(s) you've set up are doing so well, and clearly meeting a need. Really happy to talk to you about this - I think you have my email address? I'm not sure we need to duplicate what you've already set up so well, but if you think we can support you in any way (help with administering the group perhaps, or popping in to signpost to other support, for example), then do ask and we can see how we can help.

With regards to the live chat, I'm talking to the team that runs younger women's services about whether we could put together something along the lines you've mentioned above.

Take care

Leah

tors

Hello everybody

I'm just updating is thread to say we have just added a sub group to the main group on Facebook, for younger ladies who have had a secondary diagnosis to chat together in private, after one of our members requested this. So if anybody would feel this could help them, please come along and see us. It's still the "younger breast cancer network (uk)" Facebook page which you need to find, then you send us a message telling us a bit about you ie. That you are a younger woman with a breast cancer diagnosis, and then we can add you to the group/groups to chat privately.

Leah/moderator- we now have over 140 members in less than 2 months. There is a very real need amongst younger ladies (and probably older ladies too but I only suspect this!) for a place where they can chat privately and it not be available on search engines or to their family members etc. I'd be more than happy to go through it with you to see if you'd like to set something similar up? Also, the younger ladies live chat was fantastic, and the group members wondered if you could do more on specific subject areas, like hair loss/regrowth, fertility and IVF, menopausal symptoms, dealing with young children, relationships etc. Basically, a lot of things you already cover in the younger women's forum weekends, but so more people can access them. What do you think?

tors

Bumping this thread up for ladies who may not have spotted it, especially Eva mummy of 3. There's over 130 members now!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

I have just sent a request for membership too! Viv !

xxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Flower20

I taped into the search engine on FB - young breast cancer uk and hopefully it will bring the qroup up for you & with any luck they will add us ! hope this helps......

Shelley
Guest user
Not applicable

hi !

came across this tread , looked you up on FB - sent a request......I am 36 & live in the SE area - hopefully you will add me !

Best wishes

Shelley
Guest user
Not applicable

i cant find it either . can someone direct me. many thanks??? x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi -

What age is the group aimed at ?????
Thanks

Jenny
Guest user
Not applicable

I just cannot find this group on fb. Any suggestions or am I just dim? X
Guest user
Not applicable

ive sent a message hope its to the right group 🙂 xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Ive sent my request through x
doggirl

It's youngER
hope that helps xx

tors

Hiya, try Manchester young women's breast cancer network instead on your search, let me know if it doesn't work x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi id really like to join. ive typed young breast cancer network(uk) into my search bar on fb but it says 0 matches found. can someone help me please xxx