Facial Hair

I started Anastrazole (for 5 yrs) on 26 December and am post chemo and radiotherapy. Just wonder if anyone else is experiencing more facial hair than before? I have downy hair growing on the jawline which is dark and looks horrible. My head is mainly covered in white hair with black threads which was my original colour - decades ago!

I guess the facial hair has to be the result of oestrogen depletion and to top off a wonderful year I am now turning into a bloke!!!

Hi Beatrice13,

I had the same thing when I finished treatment and started tamoxifen - I looked like I had a fair coloured beard! I HATED it! Needless to say I took myself straight off to the salon snd had my face threaded. The pain was awful, however I was happy with the result - a smooth face! I had it done one more time, however I’m pleased to say that it seems to have calmed down and returned to normal.

I think when I finished chemo and my hair started to grow back, it grew back with avengeance - my face included. I think though that with time this has settled down - I even had a hairy stomach at one stage?!

Hope it settles down for you too - if not, off to the nearest threading bar! :slight_smile:

K x

Usually if I want to change the hair style I will buy the cheap hair wigs at the online shop so that it will neither cost me a lot and I can reach the goal of change my hair style easily. And just a week before I bought one men’s short black wig online and it makes me look better.

Hi ladies, i did have to giggle to myself!! I can remember it like it was yesterday standing in front of my mirror in the bathroom thinking:

1.I look so much like Uncle Fester (from the Addams Family) with my shiny bonce and black circles under my eyes!

2.How pleased i was that i could see my cheekbones again as i had lost 1.5 stone during 2 bad bouts of chemo!

3.How happy i was that i could look in this mirror and not have to whip out a pair of tweezers and defuzz my face!

BUT LOOK AT ME NOW!!!

1. Although i no longer look like Uncle Fester, I despair when i look at my new head of hair (short though it may be) that i can’t do a thing with it!

2. How unpleased i am that  i can’t see my cheekbones (or any other bony bits anymore) now that i have put back on that 1.5 stones that i lost plus another 1.5 more on top!

3.But saddest of all, I don’t even have to look in the mirror to know that i have to use my tweezers again on a regular basis at least 2-3 times a week!

On a plus note though i guess that it’s all a small price to pay if i can once more be a “normal” person who doesn’t have cancer (fingers crossed it stays that way even though there is still a long way to go yet with treatment)!! Cheers, Michele x

Hi Ladies

I’m not too bothered with the downey hair, mine is very light but it’s the inch long ones that grow overnight. People talk to them. You just can’t ignore them.

very obvious in sunlight. I can check them at night,  nothing, then next day a full inch long and impossible to pluck.

I got my chin waxed a couple of times. Not that sore but my chin was bright red for days after.

I am about to start hormone therapy so no doubt they will get worse.

just another joy to come.

Keeks