Fairly new here :)

Hi ladies
It seems an age since my diagnosis back on 18th July and the waiting for my mx op has been stressful to say the least.
I go in for my op on Friday this week and am just starting to get myself ‘geared up’ ready. Normal life has disappeared and the only thing i ever think of now is the BC!

Sally x

Hi Salkei

I’m sure your fellow forum users will be along soon to give you some much needed support, but in the meantime I have put for you below links to some of BCC’s publications which I hope will help.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-you-diagnosis-treatment-future-bcc44

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

Tkae care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi Sally. I know what you mean about normal life disappearing…everything seems to be about BC.

Good luck for Friday (((hugs))) Maggie xx

Hi
Please let me reassure you. Normal life will eventually come back, and there will be a time when everything WON’T be about cancer. I was like you at first (October 2012) especially when having chemo between 5th Feb - 23rd May 2013. This site was my salvation and helped keep me sane. Now, apart from taking Anastrazole for at least 5 years, I only see my oncologist every 3 months now (it used to be 3 weeks) and I’m beginning to get back into the ‘normal’ world again.
Wishing you both good luck with your surgery and treatments. Sending big hugs.
Poemsgalore xx

Thank you poemsgalore.

At the moment it just seems like my time is taken up with hospital appointments, waiting for results or talking about these.

I get the results of my re-excision tomorrow so I’m keeping y fingers crossed that I’ll know what the next step of my treatment will be.

can i ask why some ladies see their oncoligist every 3months and others every 6months??x