Faslodex - can anyone compare notes with me?

Hi

Is anyone else on Faslodex?

Would love to hear what SEs you’re getting, if any.

Feel a bit alone on this drug…!

Thanks so much for any and all replies.

X to all

S

HI
have not posted on here for a long time but have kept up to date with what is happening to everyone. Was originally diagnosed in 2001 and have had several recurrences in that time, last one in Oct last year, had mastectomy and then held my breath, in June started with back ache, which got progressively worse, went to docs in Aug, given more pain relief, eventually said could not carry on with pain, so was told to go back to onc. in October was told it was 6 compression fractures of vertebrae caused by osteopenia. Little lumps appeared on scar line, sent for more tests, then told 3 weeks ago I had secondaries in bone, in spine ribs scapula and sternum. I was given an injection of faslodex and a bone strengthening drug.
I had a blood transfusion about 5 weeks ago because of tiredness. The tiredness returned before I had the above drugs. Up to now apart from being very tired, but less than before, the pain in my back is improved and I don’t feel any different, yet.

Hi Bahons2

I had my first Faslodex injection this morning so will let you know what side effects I get - what SEs do you get?

Linda

Hi both

Thanks for your replies…Almas, so sorry to hear about your secondaries. I hope you continue to feel better. Boney, thanks to you, too.

Briefly, I had 2 double (loading) doses a fortnight apart either side of Xmas, then a single dose on 24th Jan. I’m having another single dose tomorrow.

I’ve lately (in the last 3-4 weeks) had spells of nausea and indigestion (both of which are listed as common SEs of Faslodex). But I’ve also had dizzy (worse when I try to move) spells and palpitations (also listed as possible SEs of Faslodex)- I nearly passed out one afternoon and had to spend all pm lying down. After a lot of tracking down of SEs on the net, I discovered that, despite all the blurb saying that Faslodex does not interact with any other medications (as far as they know), it does act as a vasodilator.

Now, I already take a vasodilator as part of my BP medication and the dizzy spells were starting about 2-3 hours after I’d taken it and lasting for about the same amount of time. Then nothing until the next day. I’ve come to the conclusion that the combination of Faslodex and vasodilator was lowering my BP too much.

So I, er, stopped taking the vasodilator until I can talk this through with my GP - and the dizziness has gone. The nausea has now improved of its own accord; practically vanished, in fact.

But…I’m not looking forward to another flare-up of these SEs following another injection tomorrow.

It took quite a while after starting Faslodex for all this to kick in…oh yeah, and not to mention (more) hot flushes, of course.

Look forward to hearing from you both.

X

S