Fatigue?

I was diagnosed just over 12 months ago with secondarys in the bone. I did very well on Aromasin until it was no longer effective after 9 months. I didn’t do so well on Exemestan which I stopped a few weeks ago because my markers were rising again.I have deposits in my spine, sternum, shoulder and the length of my thigh bone.Until I see my onc next Monday I am having no hormone treatment at all. I have had some problems with lack of appetite but am alarmed at how much weight I have lost recently. I feel a general lethargy and can spend all day in the house doing nothing much. Prior to this I was always out and about, visiting friends or shopping.
I think my next step may be chemo which I was never offered in 2003 when my primary breast cancer was discovered.
All this moping about is so unlike me. Could this be a temporay blip until my next treatment or am I on a downward spiral?
I do want to reamain positive but it is very hard at the moment.
Margaret

I have put my post in the wrong section. It should be under Living with Secondary Breast Cancer.
Can anyone tell me how to move it to the correct section?

Sending you a huge hug

Love Rosie xxx

Hi Margaret

The Breast Cancer Care facilitators are able to move post for users but as you have received a reply, can I suggest you post your message again in the Living with secondary BC section.

I hope this is OK.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Thanks I figured out how to move it as soon as I put the post on.

Thank you rosiechin I have asked the Macmillan nurse to call in today to have a chat with me.
Would my mood be better if the sun actually shone one morning?

Margaret

hi mb333,
lethargy is a big problem for most,even without secondaries,hope you find some treatment which help and improve the way you feel,sending my best wishes,thoughts and prayers,
Di.xx

Thank you Di, I think lethargy is a better description of how I feel. I start off making my self go out and about then as soon as I get home I am curled up with the cat on the settee again!

Margaret XX

margaret,im sure your cats more than happy to cuddle up,i only work 24hrs a week now but still struggle to do any chores at home.i dont do half as much as i used to but my oh is wonderful,dont be hard on yourself,enjoy your cuddles and lets hope summer arrives soon,good weather is a great pick me up and we are certainly overdue some at the moment,
all the best,Di

Hi ,
Most of the last five months I have been curled up on the sofa or in bed . Just finished my chemo and It has just totally wiped me out even on my good week … I have never know tiredness like it … I can feel my whole day up in the house doing nothing.
Do think when the sun is out I tend to go out more and even try and do something … I am going to the hospital on Wednesday to see when my radio theraphy starts , more tiredness but will be worth it in the end I hope .
I am lying on the settee at the moment, Been out for a couple of hours today
Hope chat with nurse went well… I am a secondary lady myself even though my third battle with cancer .
Wishing you a relaxing evening and a good weekend
Love Rosie xx

Thank you for you replies. My chat with the Macmillan nurse was helpful. She told me I must talk more with my hubby so that he knows how I actually feel. Because he is a Golf pro he has always worked weekends so I have had to bring up our children and run the house all on my own for over 40 years. If I don’t do things in the house they often just don’t get done. This all makes it hard for me to sit back and do very little. I have to learn to let go!!! I have to learn to say “No” and to relax.
Work in progress!
Margaret XX