cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2010 mastectomy ladies

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: February 2010 mastectomy ladies

Annette, happy anniversary for tomorrow! Hope you can enjoy your special day and forget the worries for a few hours. Wendy, totally approve of elasticated waistbands and, a personal favourite of mine, Lycra! Stagnating on my diet, but taking a liberal long term view! Cat, I am sorry to hear your symptoms are still troubling, have you had a whole body PET/CT to get a fuller picture? Lynn, has your rib pain subsided? Beverley, good luck with your training, still a long time to improve your time&stamina until race for life! Had a fab time on school trip to Avebury, it's a great place for walking and so local. My mum had a fall last week, she is 70 this year but a young 70, thank god no broken bones but I realised its been a year since I have seen my family and my parents are getting older now. Hello to Pam, Maggy and Julie, too! Sending all a big hug! xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hee Hee! Made me laugh - very visual
x

Guest user
Not applicable

I've totally wrecked my diet tonight with a fabulous Indian meal and far too many Cobra beers....
Thank goodness for the elasticated waistband!!!

Am lunching out tomorrow at a very swish restaurant and despite my fullness I fear I may well taste another few morsels and am forced to search out the elasticated waistband again!

Wx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,
Glad everyone has got through anniversaries etc. Tina, it's good to hear you sound upbeat. Beverley jogging!! Well done you. Pam your grand kids sound delightful. One of the mums at school had a baby a couple of weeks ago and brought him in today. He was gorgeous. I love newborns.
Wendy sorry about your latest worries and bone scan. I still have my burning, prickling pain in my left shoulder blade and some neck pain. Had it since Xmas and put it down to tension and anxiety because of the breathlessness, but no so sure now. It comes and goes so I'm not too worried but have debated whether to call my BCN but can't face the thought of maybe another scan so think I might go to the gp first. I'll give it another week. Definetly not so worried as I would have been since last scare. I think facing my worst fears then has put it into perspective a bit.
Annette have a lovely time on Wednesday. A spa day sounds a fab way to celebrate.
Love to all.
Cat

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks all for your lovely comments. Very, very hard not to anxt about all the aches and pains. I had an interesting moment the other day as I realised I couldn't even take a deep breath. Not worried it's due to anything sinister, just proves how incredibly tense and wound up I am. Not surprising I've got aches really then! I've been working on some breathing exercises and my diaphragm's slowly moving more easily and surprise surprise the rib aches have eased.

On a positive front, two years is quite good you know. We're all still here despite our paranoia. Long may it continue! x

barneyb

Thanks for the kind thoughts Annette. Wishing you all the best for your happy anniversary of your CP this week.

Tina - you sound to be very upbeat which is great and it's good you have support locally.

I got through yesterday ok, in fact I felt really well, was even doing a bit of jogging round the park with the dog!! as opposed to the usual walking. I want to do the Race for Life again this year and do it in a faster time, so had better get training!!

Wishing everyone a happy weekend whatever you're doing.

Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

So sorry to hear of the individual struggles at the moment and I must admit this time round I have spent less thought on specific dates, sort of putting it in a box and trying to think of other things instead and as all imaging showed no signs of recurrence I am reassured. Hope once you all had your imaging feedback you can feel equally positive. Spending less & less time on the forums is also better for me, locally, I have a good circle of friends now through our support locally and I have been asked to join the committee to help run the group. Looking forward to the summer and warmer days for sure. Having my friend's daughter's wedding to attend in June, and hoping for many sunny warm weekends on the coast in Dorset! Hugs & love to all. xx

akfilm

Beverley - I hope you got through that horrible anniversary okay yesterday. It looms over like a dark cloud, doesn't it? And makes our fears so hard to push away.

It's strange as 'that' anniversary for me comes on top of my CP anniversary this week - so I am determined that the nice one will knock the bad one sideways this year! Plus my life coach session will help, of course. I must say how much these are helping, despite the ups and downs and wobbles.

Lynn - have a good meet-up today.

Love to everyone,
Annette XXX

Guest user
Not applicable

Bless you Lynn, your tight squeeze is well and truly felt!

You're right. When I discovered/recognised how lonely I am it really took me on a downward spiral, really been very very depressed.
Now I'm climbing upwards again I'm able to e-mail people for a lunch date or whatever and then the reality of having dates to look forward to help you climb up further....
It's a vicious cycle for me as now I don't feel quite so lonely...
My diary is busier with it's own workload and so life becomes a lot easier to manage....
However, when you're sad/worried/angry/frightened/overwhelmed a lunch date is not a solution!

I'm not good at asking for help and when I'm 'down' I can't even lift the phone. It soon becomes a downward spiral then.....
Living alone can be a real curse then.

So sorry you're dealing with the constant fear of secondaries....
It is just the pits isn't it?
I'm sure being a Mum with a younger generation to guide makes it a lot lot harder to deal with. It must make your heart ache at times...
Does your OH understand these never-ending fears?
Or, as happens so often you have to hide these gut feelings and 'act' more positive than you really feel in order to protect them.
It's a very tricky state of living as I'm sure you know all too well...

I've got an appointment for a bone scan coming, and immediately it brought back memories of my Mum after BC when it brought her dx of bone secondaries. It's a constant fragile world at times...
My scan is more about my osteoporosis issues, I think..... or is it?
See, we're all the same worrying about so many similar issues.
Take a big hug Lynn and hope you can share a little tomorrow with your Glasgow crowd. They all sound a great bunch.
Wish there was something like that going on here...
Always good to talk to people in the flesh isn't it?
Not sure whether Lulu or Revcat are part of your Scottish division but do give my best wishes to everyone from Welsh girl xx

Have a super time and maybe a good laugh!
Take care Lynn and hope your feelings are manageable.

Much love Wx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone, hi to Julie too. Wendy - thought one of your recent posts was really sad - like a "wee window on your soul" so sorry you experience feeling lonely as often. Please know i'm thinking of you and sending you a big squeeze.

I'm not feeling great these days - makes me realise how well i had been feeling prior to the turn of the year. Although i got a thorough going over as a result of the rib pain i'm still struggling with a real dread feeling of secondaries.

I'm meeting up with the Glasgow crowd tomorrow - looking forward to that, always a good experience. Have a good weekend everyone.

Lynn

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Julie,
Sorry to hear about your mismatched implants. None of this is easy is it?
Any sort of pain does make us panic and think the worst which I'm sure is understandable.....but we worry that we're turning into hyperchondriacs too!
Finding the balance of living a 'new normal' takes some time for each one of us. Just depends upon your personal recovery, attitude to worry and how you cope with the emotional hazards of this journey and probably a thousand other factors too.
Hope you're gradually coping better.

Beverley,
Hope your anniversary tomorrow is an uneventful day despite all the emotional reminders. I'm sure your evening out tonight helped replace some of those torrid memories from two years ago....
Take a tight hug and am hoping you continue to have more good days than 'downers'. It's a journey we all hope to follow in....

Goodnight to everyone.

Wx

barneyb

Hello Julie

It is definitely not easy. I'm feeling ok at the moment personally but still have the "down" days when the enormity of BC comes flooding back.

It's 2 years tomorrow since my MX - a funny old night tonight for me with so many emotions coming to the surface. Have had a lovely afternoon with my daughter, visited an exhibition of the "Silver 70's" at our City Museum!! and then a meal out. Never usually drink through the week, but felt the need tonight to have a glass of something!!

So nice to see you posting Wendy - love to all.

Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello - I had my first mastectomy in April 2010, so pretty close to you all. I had a second elective mastectomy last October, and have two lopsided implants.. ! I was so reassured to hear of others with rib pain, as I've got a touch of that too. Every little ache makes you so paranoid. Not easy is it? Julie

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry! My confused mind!!!
Anyway hope you have a lovely anniversary. Always special, I'm sure.

akfilm

Hi Wendy - good to see you back and sorry to hear you have been so down. You are always so good at giving others support. Try not to wear yourself out too much, though.

I'm up for meeting and will try and fit in with dates and location that are good for others.

By the way, it's not our civil ceremony - we have been 'married' for four years now. But our first (official) anniversary because of the four-year wait between leap years!

Love to all,
Annette XXX

Guest user
Not applicable

That's brilliant Beverley.

barneyb

Hello everyone

Wendy - sorry to hear of your troubles after a lovely weekend away, glad things are sorted now with the gas leak. I hope you get the reassurance from your surgeon that I had from mine on Monday. It wasn't actually my surgeon but his registrar - but after my "thorough going-over" and her saying "all fine" I did feel a lot better. Still have the mammo to look forward to next week mind you!!
When is your bone scan? Hoping that nothing untoward is found and they can put your mind at rest.

I too have been reading the thread of Clare/Potmaid and find it very moving, I often have a few tears when I read some of her posts.

I'm so sorry that your anniversary was forgotten.

I'm available for a meet up, this time last year we were getting ready for our first meeting. Can remember how great it was to meet everyone.

Hugs to all this evening
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

Been away in a silent despair for soooooooooo long but after a weekend with a friend I'm hoping that the pointlessness is evaporating....

However, returned on Monday to a gas leak!
Emergency services, the lot!!!
Could have been so awful. The engineers eventually left after midnight and at last I could put the lights and heating on....
However, now I still keep thinking I smell gas!

Congratulations Pam. What a busy, gorgeous year you're having.
How lovely that these little ones will have so many cousins to play with..... Extended families are the very best, aren't they?
Congratulations Annette on your imminent civil ceremony....
Quite a date too!
Do hope it will be a very special event to start a very new chapter of your lives together. Big hugs to you both.
Congratulations to everyone else for getting through your anniversary. Mine was forgotten by everyone which hurt hugely...
However, a lovely Forum member remembered and wrote me a pm.
It meant so much.
In a few weeks I see my surgeon for a thorough 'going over'!!!
Need that reassurance especially now I have to go for a bone scan for my weird back problem??? It's definitely not skeletal they've discovered,but it does feel like a huge hotspot of heat/tenderness.
It will be a precaution to eradicate any other conditions but it will be good to hear the result....

Reading recent posts here,I must be in the minority in that I'm finding many posts on the Forum a huge support.
Many of us are having a dialogue with Clare/Potmaid as she approaches the ending chapters of her life. Her inner radiance shines out as she shares her view of dying. It has created a safe environment to discuss the end of life and I think many of us have benefitted. Maybe I find these areas easier because I've trained in counselling and know first-hand how wonderful it is to be heard...
She is a shining example to show how love can conquer so much.
The terrific sadness of losing someone like Wubbly Wendy demonstrates even more care and respect/love despite the sadness of loss.
Knowing I can support here has helped me through my recent despair where I can write in the middle of the night, or in fact anytime. But supporting women at my Hospital support group has had to be reduced whilst I recover some strength. If they see my face they'd know I was suffering and so support/counselling cannot ensue...

Do hope everyone enjoyed their half term activities with children and grand ones! Maggie your trip sounded superb!
I want to revisit Amsterdam now!!!
Maybe we could hold our reunion there????
Will have to look back as to who is available for a meet - I think it was Cat and Annette as the London contingent plus ?????
Can't remember! Does anyone else?

akfilm

Beverley - very glad you have got through the first appointment okay. Sending you a big hug. Still chasing up my last scan after two weeks and no news but presume that means it's fine. Every time we're back in there so much comes flooding back. Plus, as you say, this time of year...

I also find it hard to look at any other threads these days - even the titles of them scare me. But I like to know how you are all doing.

Thanks, Tina - we are actually finally celebrating an anniversary after four years. It seemed like a good idea to have our CP on Leap Year's Feb 29th back then - but after the last two years it has seemed an awful long time to wait. We are having a spa day in the New Forest and I am seeing my life coach/therapist down there the next day.

Still very distressed trying to come up with a care solution for my mum while still unable to communicate with my sisters, except through a social worker acting as a mediator. Horrible.

Hope everyone else is okay. Thinking of you all.
Much love,
Annette XXX

barneyb

Hello everyone.

Well got through my appointment with my surgeon, it wasn't actually him but his registrar. She gave me a really thorough examination and said as far as she was concerned everything seemed ok and they would see me in a year. Feel some reassurance from this but still have the mammo next week to go so don't feel 100% yet as I'm sure you'll all understand.

This month is so hard with all the anniversaries etc. Lynn - I know how you feel and sometimes I find these forums overwhelming and a little scary. There are so many lovely ladies out there going through so much related to BC and yet remaining so positive that I feel my worries are trivial.

I felt absolutely drained after the emotions of today (plus I had worked in the morning and then gone back to work for a couple of hours in the evening after my hospital appointment) so I thought I would sleep well, no such luck! Hope all of you are having a peaceful night's sleep.

Have seen Wendy posting on a couple of threads and it sounds like you had a lovely weekend, take care and hope you are feeling ok. Thinking of you lots.

Love Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone - another up and downer here, want you all to know i'm thinking of you all, some of us rolling along and some having it tough. I'm going through a phase for now where i'm finding the forum a bit scary and depressing instead of helpful and comforting - probably says more about where my heads "at" The rib pain has all but disappeared now but it's definitely given me a big wobble generally. Sometimes i'm finding it easier not to come on.

Have a good week everyone.

Lynn
x

Petal5

Hi everyone. What a beautiful day it has been today. Bright blue sky and lovely sunshine. I have just got back from visiting my eldest son and my youngest came with his family as well so it was lovely to see them all.
Bet you will be pleased when all the building work is finished Cat and such good news about the tests
Those who are gong through anniversaries with all the anguish of yearly check ups etc my thoughts are with you. I have just done that in January.
Yes Tina the recon has settled very well and I am delighted with it. I feel so much happier than when I was lopsided. I'm on the waiting list for the last bit. When I phoned the secretary she said they are trying to keep to the 18 week deadline so hoping to get done early May. Dont really want it much later as the next grandchild is due in June so I may be needed to look after other child. But we will have to wait and see. I had to wait seven months for the first bit!
Wendy how are you doing? I hope the sunshine helps a little.
Love to all. x

Guest user
Not applicable

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. Everything going ok this end. Had appointment at the Chest hospital on Monday, had a breathing test and apparently have above average lung function for someone my age! Not sure what caused the breathlessness, which has definetly got better. Consultant was sure it wasn't the 2 nodes that showed up. Also said again that they didn't think it was cancer and only reson for doing a follow up scan was because of my BC history and 98% of the time they turn out to be nothing. Only way to be sure is to biopsy them but they are too small. So wait and see approach is what we will take. Have appointment for 5th July, chest ct scan and then see consultant on same day! No agonising wait for results with this department!
Loft conversion nearly done, stairs went in Friday so managed to get up there. Loks great. New boiler goes in this week (an unexpected expense) and then electrics and plastering.
Glad to hear from everyone and that I'm not the only up and downer! Wendy thinking of you and sending hugs.
Love to all xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sending all a big hug during this anniversary season, lots of mental stamina required to deal with the past and cope with the anxiety of testing, hoping for good outcomes for all. Glad your trip to NL was a success, Maggy! Amsterdam is def. on our to do list! Pam, congratulations, you are going to be one busy gran this year! Hope the recon is settling in nicely now, when are you expecting the next step? Annette, congratulations on your civil partnership, so glad that in all the awful ongoings there is a positive for you, hope your son is coping better. Any news on the bone scan? Bev, good luck for your mammo&app coming up. Wendy, the days are getting longer, hope you are feeling the benefit from this, only a month to go til summer time hours start! Busy half term with the boys, rediscovered my inner muppet..... Back to the old routine tomorrow! Hugs to all! x

meggy

Hi Annette & Bev (and every one else on this thread!!) I guess we're all up and down a bit. I don't know if I'm up or down saying that! Today is my two year anniversary of my double mastectomy (no recon) so I think about my decision two years when I consented to going breastless. Life is so strange. I am very glad I'm OK as far as I know but my whole life has changed..... I've somehow lost my OH but I think I was losing him before I was diagnosed... going through menopause.... the list goes on and on....So strange. The only thing that sustains me is a feeling of being of some use to my children and grandchildren at times, and on their terms!!!
Hugs
Maggyxxx

akfilm

Thanks, Beverley. I'm doing much better most of the time, but just hit a wobbly moment every now and again. I hope you can busy yourself away from the worry as much as is possible until you get through your next check-up and mammo. It's such a relief when you get to the other side of it all. Hope the snow stays at bay.
Take good care, big hugs,
Annette X

barneyb

Hi everyone.

Annette sorry you're feeling lost at the moment, you've had such a tough couple of months though it's to be expected. Sending you a huge hug and hope the meditating helps. I've been to sessions at the Haven which have really helped (apart from one where someone fell asleep and was snoring!!) but can't seem to manage to put into practice on my own.

Pam great news - another grandchild to love and cuddle!!

Maggy sounds like you had a lovely break away - hope you feel revived and ready to tackle anything.

I'm getting myself into a bit of a panic as I have an appointment with my surgeon on Monday and then mammogram on 2nd March (same date as last year - don't know whether that's a good omen!!). It's a year since I saw my surgeon and although I'm feeling ok at the moment - all the old fears come to the surface once again. Have tried to keep myself busy this week and not think about it.

Love to all and hope everyone manages to have a good weekend. I think they've forecast snow again for the North - hope it doesn't last long!!

Beverley xx

akfilm

Glad you liked it, Maggy - we were very surprised how gorgeous a public library could be! Ah yes, Nemo - that's the museum I was thinking of which also looked fun but we didn't have time for. It was okay for us going from London on the Eurostar.

Have been working hard on the meditation goals this week but most of the guided meditation tapes I have been using make me start thinking too much - or worse still - laugh, rather than switch off and relax. It's hard to find the right one, I guess. Have re-visited buddhist chanting which I find much more engaging and energising, though it's quite noisy which is embarrassing when you haven't realised one of your housemates is still home! Oops...

Hope life is treating you all well - love to everyone,
Annette XXX

meggy

On your suggestion Annette we went into the public library in Amsterdam on Tuesday - wow - it was fantastic. Son was very impressed by all the computers on every level! We then went on to the Science museum (Nemo) which was fun! Just got back today (Eurostar from Brussels, etc). Pleased to be back. Mustn't forget to start washing school uniform etc. Hope you are all OK - it's nice the weather is not quite so cold.
Hugs
Maggy x

akfilm

Thanks, Pam. What great news for you this year! You'll certainly be busy with all those little ones around this summer.
Hope everyone is well,
Annette X

Petal5

Hi Annette. Sorry to hear that you are feeling lost at the moment. You have had lots of different things to contend with in the last few months. Sending you lots of special hugs and I have sent you a pm.

I am looking forward to Spring now. I have had enough of winter.

I'm enjoying my cuddles with the twins and now looking forward to grandchild number 4 in June. I also had the news that my daughter is expecting so number 5 should be arriving in August. So that's from one grandchild to five in a year!

Love to all. Pam x

akfilm

Hello! Is anyone out there on our thread? Feeling very lost. X

akfilm

Enjoy your trip, Maggy! We had a few days in Amsterdam last year and discovered the amazing new library on a friend's recommendation. You might already know of it - it's near the central station and next to a new maritime museum. It was like walking into the future - several floors of beautifully designed spaces, great rooftop cafe, people spontaneously playing a piano, egg chairs and Apple Macs everywhere, even a 'Heaven' room upstairs. I could happily have spent the whole day in there! Went to the new library in Dalston, Hackney, the other day - afraid it didn't even come close. At least we still have one, I guess.

We also stumbled across the bizarre Poezenboot on the Singel canal - a cat rescue barge - and almost came home with a lovely grey moggy. Only if you like cats, though.

Annette X

meggy

Hi
Yes we're on half term although I know some schools aren't on half term until the following week. We're off to Amsterdam for 3 nights to enjoy the sights & sounds (and food) there! It looks like its going to be pretty cold there as well but you won't see me skating round the canals unfortunately!! And after that the weather IS going to get warmer and I shall start sowing all my seeds - then we will start the cycle of growth all over again. We have got better days ahead Wendy - the days are getting longer, and life is there to be lived, despite all the sh*t feelings we carry with us.
Hugs
Maggyx

akfilm

Hi Wendy - I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so dragged down by everything. Did you get any help about your back yet? I was given some extra strong pain killers for my joint and bone pains but they do tend to knock you out a bit too much so keep them only for emergencies. Are you away with your friend this week? I hope that gives you some support. It's often hard to pace things evenly - if you're like me, I tend to try and do everything the moment I have a bit of energy - in case it goes again. Of course it does when you use it all up too quickly! My counselling sessions have been really useful for looking at ways to plan, prioritise and make the best use of time/energy - as well as scheduling in relaxation and meditation time each day, too. The latter is always the hardest part for me - so that's my focus this next week, rather than trying to get everything on the list done.

Is your son on half term as well, Maggy?

I hope everyone is staying safe and warm and those with children are enjoying the half term break. I'm up at mum's again this weekend - very chilly up north! But housebound, anyway, and the heating on full.

Love and hugs to all.
Annette XXX

Guest user
Not applicable

You sound a lot more upbeat in your post, Annette.
I'm glad for you but about to take your place in the 'I can't see a way out of this....' chair!
Feeling as if a magnet is pulling me down no matter what I do to help myself.

meggy

Hi Annette - it sounds like you are getting some really good support - I'm so glad - you sound a lot more upbeat even though life (with all its ups & downs) still seems to be happening in abundance around you!! Hope the bone density scan breezes by.

Bracing ourselves for more snow tonight but given all the forecasting I expect it will not amount to anything. Son is hoping school will be shut so it won't matter if he doesn't do his homework tonight!
hugs to all
Maggyxx

akfilm

Hello lovely people!

Living life after scans! I hope you are all keeping warm and well. Got a luscious new duvet this week. Snuggly warm. Went to see David Hockney exhibition - wonderfully colourful and cheery! Had my hair done (new colour) for the first time since June and seeing TWO therapists now. One is a fab woman in Hampshire who does life coaching after BC. Had two sessions so far and she is great. Loving it.

Have so much still going on with mum and also my son who has split up from his boyfriend of three years who lived with us like a son. You'd think when you get to my age you'd have some words of wisdom to impart but somehow there's nothing much you can say to ease the pain except cliches. He is in counselling now, too.

Feeling like a bit of a sponge being squeezed but also hugely relieved that the scans so far are clear - just the bone density one to go. And I do have my lovely partner - we are about to celebrate our civil partnership on Feb 29th (every four years!). Plus 14 years together this year.

Love to you all and hope you are all warm and well, too. I'm up for meeting up this year - wherever suits. Big hugs.
Annette X

barneyb

Hello Wendy - had to post re your last comment! Just popped on here before braving the outside falling temperatures with Leo for his afternoon walk!! A very cold and dismal day here today, no sun at all, better get wrapped up well. Please, please do take care - we don't want to hear of you breaking anything else!!

Love to all
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

It's bloody freezing here!
Snow came thick and fast on Saturday. There was a thread here on the forum which gave weather bulletins from various places in the UK. Made it very exciting....
However, despite the beauty of the snow (I sat up and watched it in the early hours when it was so soft and silent just engulfing the world)I felt very trapped indoors! Felt really strange like I was imprisoned! The icy slush that flooded everywhere kept me inside again as I have turned into a very anxious geriatric!!??!! Tina, I am incredibly careful now....probably too careful??
Couldn't bear to slip and break another bone....
I seem to have been indoors for ever and going quite insane with it!
I now work totally at home which prevents cold journeys on public transport but it is a restriction too....
Whilst mulling about my life and searching the diary for exciting events I suddenly discovered that I do all my monthly activities within one week! Hadn't noticed before so I have one 'hectic' week and three 'quite boring' ones!!! Have been wondering about how to redress this unbalance....
I've started singing again this term which has been very positive. Other than that I've felt very down recently, I suppose this wretched back hasn't helped???? Having waited two weeks for an appointment I do eventually see a Dr this week..... Hoorah!

Not working today so I'm off to the printers before my Farmer's Market at the weekend, and then off to the hairdressers to get my roots done! They look awful! However, I'm usually under a hat!
Have taken to wearing a hat indoors as my kitchen (an extension with three exterior walls) is only 8 degrees when I get up!
Needless to say breakfast is a very speedy arrangement.

Next week is my 'busy' week and I've been invited to stay with a mate over half term as we're both teachers which will be great. However, her house is quite chilly so maybe the hat will be an extra addition. Who cares what her husband thinks?!!?

Do hope everyone is safe and keeping warm at work and at home.
Best wishes for the dog walkers amongst us.

Wx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All - still no results, been so long now its kinda gone off my radar.No snow here - what a pleasant change, bright and sunny.
Bev - we've also gone ahead and booked for a week in the summer and like you, nervous about it being so far in advance(July) - silly isn't it really because i'm sure if anything bad happened and it had to be cancelled then the fact that it was cancelled would probably be unimportant in the scheme of things! I guess its just another crappy self limiting belief that goes hand in hand with the BC territory.

Lynn
x

barneyb

Hi everyone. Very snowy here late Sat afternoon/evening but thankfully main roads clear and snow almost gone. Still some icy patches on pavements and side roads. Hopefully that's the last of the snow! Hoping weather is a bit kinder next week - half term.

Hope everyone is ok - especially those still waiting for results/appointments.

Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone, snow came&melted late Saturday, we now have freezing fog, yuk! Another week before half term and that will be a week of cinema, laser quest and other indoor pursuits with this cold damp weather. Cat, any news from your respiratory appointment? Lynn, update on the skin results? Having major chocolate craving since last week, very unusual as I don't eat or crave it other than with PMT, and not surprisingly my periods which have stop/started since last summer are back with a vengeance again. Urgh. Please be careful everyone, we don't want broken bones, Wendy be extra careful! Love watching "Island Parish" and wishing for summer&seaside! Hugs to all!

Petal5

Hi everyone. How are you all getting on in this cold spell? We had snow on Saturday evening and still have quite a covering today. Very slippy on the side roads and the pavements are lethal. I'm not planning on going anywhere in the next few days!
Any results back yet Lynn? Thinking of you waiting.
Yes I have been enjoying those cuddles Wendy.
Keep warm everyone.
Pam x

meggy

Great news Cat & Annette. Really hope you can de-focus on BC. Hope for some good solid nights of sleep after the worry.
Hugs to everyone else
Maggy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Fabulous results to read!
Hope you're both able to enjoy some calm now for a while...
What a way to start the year???

Lovely to think of the warmth that may well come our way...
Lynn your words about 'it must be warmer than here!' made me laugh!!!
Cyprus I've never visited but Lake Garda, yes. You'll love it!
All those boat trips....
Tina you and me in UK for some watery sunshine in March and April would be superb I feel..... However, it may just be a heatwave..
Dreaming of a heatwave in my house today!
It's so bloody chilly and I can't move my a**e to keep warm!!!
Maybe that's why I'm not losing any weight!

Love to everyone especially those cuddly babies of Pam's.
Would just love a hold!??! (Better than a hot water bottle I think!)

That doesn't read too well does it? Ooops!

Guest user
Not applicable

Cat, it's reassuring to hear that the medics agree and hopefully with the further investigations planned will be able to find the cause of the problems.
We are looking forward to start the season in Dorset in March, can't wait for the seaside! No holiday other than that planned. No summer hols for hubby due to Olympics, his company does a lot of the data management for the TV regulator and they are very busy already. Kids&I will go to Dorset ourselves I think. Very cold here, nice walks with dogs at least they don't get too muddy! Another 0.5 lbs lost, had a bit of a social week.... Hope you get your results, Lynn. My friend has been to Cyprus many times& loves it. Beverley, Italy sounds great, thinking Icecream!!
Hugs to you all! xx

barneyb

Great news Annette and Cat. Hope you enjoyed your celebrations Annette and you too Cat must be feeling reassured that it isn't anything nasty.

I've never been to Cyprus Lynn but my friend's in-laws retired there 6 years ago and love it. Bit the bullet and booked a holiday to Italy - Lake Garda - for July, still feel uneasy about booking something so far in advance! Sorry that you're having no luck with getting your skin biopsy results.

Cold here too, but thankfully looks like no ice on the car this morning.

Have a good day everyone.

Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Annette and Cat - so pleased the appointments/results went well ( i know its not 100% Cat but its very good they're concurring with oncology ) Relieved and very pleased for both of you.

Skin biopsy results still not back - phone today to be told they have a big backlog and to wait a bit longer.

Its Cyprus (paphos) for Easter - Weatherman says it won't be particularly warm but should be sunny and pleasant - won't take much to make it warmer / sunnier / drier than here.

Its -1 already this evening.

Lynn
x

Petal5

Enjoy the treats ladies you deserve them after all your waiting and worrying. So pleased to hear your results. Think we will always have worries and don't know how we can push them aside but will keep trying. Love to all. Pam x