1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2010 mastectomy ladies

barneyb

Re: February 2010 mastectomy ladies

Hello everyone. Oh I do get so frustrated with the new forums, have tried on a couple of occasions to post a reply and it won't let me! Do so hope this one works!
Echoing what Wendy said and hope that everyone is well.
Cat - I'm pleased to hear that everything was ok with the scan. How are the preparations going for the Olympics. My daughter has been picked through Uni to be part of the guard of honour for the Torch when it comes to Leeds this Sunday.
Lynn - like you I'm looking forward to some sun as we go away in a week's time to Lake Garda. The weather here has been terrible over the last two days, more like winter than summer, the rain has been relentless, even the dog didn't want to go out in it.
Wendy - hope you have a lovely weekend, doing what you want to do, enjoy it.
Pam - how are you feeling now?
I'm pleased to say that the rash/redness went away with a couple of applications of the cream I got from the GP. Have been attending sessions with a counsellor at the Haven and this I think is helping me a little.
Sending hugs to all reading this.
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lynn,
Good to hear from you! I thought everyone had deserted me as no one replied for a long while....
Hope people are ok especially Pam after her last op.
Glad you've got medication sorted for your thyroid. I know what you mean about nothing changing... I'm on a dose for my osteoporosis which apparently won't have any effects to change my bone condition for at least five years!!!
Still taking the meds but it feels like a waste of time, sometimes.
Glad you've got your holiday to look forward to and some sunshine. Lucky you! Hope you have a really fabulous time away.
This week it was actually warm and sunny here on Tuesday so after reading news of Potmaid's (Clare) death on Monday it felt very fitting to enjoy the sunshine in my garden all afternoon as I weeded and planted up my geraniums. Felt so much closer to her as I pottered around....
Today it is incredibly windy here as the wind massaged my roots!!! No need to bother to look good today!
Look an absoute wreck!
How is it with you?
Do hope some of the others come on and share their news. It would be good to know how everyone is faring....
Since the BCC format changes it's been a real turn off to try and find people. It was so difficult for such a long time that I resorted to individual e-mails but only had Beverley's and Pam's.
Love to everyone for a relaxing weekend if not a profitable one.
I feel I've worked really hard this week so am going to do just what I want and maybe catch a few local activities. Even turned down a weekend away but I was away last w/end so feel it's all too soon....
Off to work now so must sign off....
Take good care Lynn and enjoy all your preparations for your trip abroad. Enjoy the shopping too....

Wx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello ladies - popped in to say Hi, a week until holidays - sun please sun! Now on 100mg for the thyroid, hope it makes a difference can't say it has to date but its early days. Hope everyone is in good health. I'm not on the forum at all now with the exception of our thread of course so hope i haven't missed anything important to anyone. Thinking of you all.x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone,
Haven't posted for a while as I was knee deep, no neck deep in preparations for our street party and despite a wonderful response of 160 people who celebrated inside instead of out because of the torrential rain on the 6th it certainly has taken it's toll on me!!!
This half term has had me feeling very low as I am so weary with M.E. symptoms and keep falling asleep all over the place... Still having to achieve so many tasks in the aftermath of the party event and strangely the rest of the committee has disappeared since the 6th!!! Today was meant to be my last door-to-door as I delivered a photograhic image of our celebrations to everyone in the road but the rain was so 'wet' I decided against it! I've written so many news letter reports I feel I could write them in my sleep....
It was a great success but I'm beginning to realise that I can't really remember much about it!!! All I remember is the constant dashing and guilt feelings that I'd forgotten something... I shall miss the camaraderie of the group as we planned consistently for five months for four hours of jollity! It was the union of my road's residents and the Church so every piece of information has had to be duplicated.... Different audiences requiring different styles of writing and communication. I've worked so closely with the minister that she thinks I'm ready for conversion!!!
The Church was very warm and welcoming and really stood for Christian values but meant on the day when we had to go inside and use their buildings there was no alcohol nor bad language! I was bursting with swear words as I forgot what I was doing or where I should be... I coped very well but like everything you look forward to it's an anti-climax when it's all over....

I was still expecting e-mail alerts when anyone wrote so I thought no one had replied....
So glad your brain scan came through ok, Cat. Any change with the head pains? What a nightmare for you.
I remember how worried I was when I had mine.
Good to hear that your op went ok Pam. You must be delighted to hold that little baby without too much discomfort. You're right to consider your own healing as you contend with the 'heavier' twins!
Beverley, sorry you're feeling low. I'm sure your recent scare with the infection must be partly responsible.I do hope it heals quickly and you can regain your confidence again... You've had a few too many troubles recently, wish I could come and give you a big supportive hug!
Lynn, you're sounding better. Maybe looking forward to your time away is lifting you....
I've had three holidays in the past couple of months and I feel I already need a period of recuperation! Holidays or periods of no responsibility are essential to top up our low tanks of energy.
Some glorious sunshine would help too. Just to sit out and feel warmth on our skin would be a bonus.
Fingers crossed it won't be too long for any of us.
Love to everyone as I send you all a tight hug.

Wx
Guest user
Not applicable

really pleased about the scan Cat - bet not as pleased as you! Pam pleased too everything is sounding good with you. Bev - what a fright you must have got with the rash / redness? how's it healing up now? Tina - saw your FB post re the weather isn't it just awful - how long until you go to Dorset? i always forget the English holidays are so much later than ours. Wendy - all quiet with you, hope all ok.

Love to everyone who isn't posting anymore - thinking of you all.

lynn
x
Petal5

Great news about the scan Cat. It must be a great relief to you. Now hopefully on to the last bit with your implant replacement. Really good luck with the surgery. Will you be in overnight or is it day surgery? More and more seems to be done and home now. Mine should have been but I went down to surgery very late in the day so they had to keep me in overnight.
Enjoy the dancing Beverley. Good job it is an indoor event I think.
Not long to your holiday now Lynn. At least you should get some sunshine.
I've got my six monthly onc appointment next week.
Hope the rest of you are keeping well.
Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

Just to let you know that had my brain ct yesterday and my BCN texted me today to say all is normal. Not sure about normal, my heads all over the place the moment. So surgery on Tuesday. I hope this is it as I really can't face anymore ops and wouldn't be having this on if the implant wasn't so uncomfortable.
Your holiday sounds just what I need Lynn, any room for a big one in your case?
Cat xxx
barneyb

Hi everyone. Pam - sounds lovely to have cuddles with your new granddaughter. Pleased too that you are happy with your surgery. Lynn - glad you had a good bank holiday and birthday weekend. Weather here is starting to pick up after torrential downpours yesterday, even the dog didn't want to go out in it. Had to phone my BCN yesterday as when I got up and went in the shower the underside of my right breast was very red, not swollen just red and also very itchy under my bust. It wasn't there the night before so obviously I was a litle worried. Anyhow she got back to me today and said it sounded like a fungal infection or thrush, thankfully the redness had gone down a lot by today. She recommended a visit to my GP who has said it is a fungal infection and has prescribed a cream to use for two weeks. I have been feeling quite down over the last couple of weeks and I wonder if this has contributed to getting this. Needless to say I hardly slept last night worrying about things. Away this weekend - in Blackpool - at a big dance competition at the Winter Gardens, my daughter's dance school has 3 pupils through to the Final. Just off to pack now - wellies or suncream!!?? At least we're in the car so can take everything!
Love to all and have a great weekend.
Beverley xx

Petal5

Hi everyone. Weather awful here today. Torrential rain and strong winds. Please come back summer!
Went to the dressings clinic on Wednesday. Everything seems to healing well and I don't need to see the ps until September now. I'm still a bit sore and swollen on the uplift side but the bruising is going now. I was suprised to find that he had redone a lot of the scar under the flap. It was down as recon revision and liposuction. He seems to have made a good job of making them the same size and level so I am very pleased so far.
Had lovely cuddles with my new granddaughter yesterday. At least she is light enough for me to pick up. The twins are a bit too heavy at the moment. Don't want to put recovery at risk.
Love to all.
Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies - hope all well with everyone. Cat any word on brain scan yet? Enjoyed the holiday weekend and my birthday too, could quite easily get used to being a lady of leisure as long as it was through choice and not enforced by anything.

Had a lunch get together with the Glasgow gang on Saturday - passed on your thanks to Rev Cat, Wendy. It was a lovely afternoon - find it really helpful in terms of being a "safety valve"
3 more weeks until we go to Skaithos - sunshine my great desire! I've bookmarked our thread but i have to say i'm not following any other thread now - sad but it just seemed like too hard work, guess i took a real "scunner" (is that a Scottish word? ) to the changes.
Think of you all often and so glad you're all still there - literally and metaphorically!
lynn
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi to everyone,
I've been away for a week touring Northumbria and Durham so I wasn't ignoring you all however, now I'm back (just walked in to find 230 e-mail alerts from BCC!!! You know I said I liked them well, I may have spoken too soon.....)
I just couldn't find you, couldn't log in, couldn't access my private messages and couldn't manage another hour of searching.....so I've brought you up to the top of the list so that I can find you again and reply properly very very soon.
Tight hugs to you all but special congratulations to Pam for surviving hospital in order to celebrate another beautiful birth today/yesterday/the day before that.....
Sorry to read about Cat's imminent brain scan. I know how worried I was when they did mine. I kept falling over all the time but luckily they only found my brain!
Do hope you have a great result too.
This bl**dy BC c**p continues to interfere with our group and I'm so very sad to keep reading this.....
Beverley I got your e-mail. Thanks!
Lynn, Annette, Tina and anyone else reading I will read your posts far more closely and respond with some accuracy without getting my facts wrong!
Huge tight hugs to you all.
You're all very important to me and I do begin to freak when I can't find you....
I'm absolutely fine after a fabulous week away. I was so far north I was waving to you Lynn! Honest!
It was very hot and sunny with all meals provided so now I'm back to making my own toast in the morning and cleaning the bathroom again.... How lovely it was to be serviced in that way.
Tomorrow will be the start of my huge rush to get our street party organised for Sunday afternoon in between constant teaching with my little darlings!!! It's all go but will be in touch very very soon....

Wxxx
Petal5

Cat sorry to hear about your need for a brain scan but here's to good results.
My fourth grandchild, a lovely little girl, arrived this morning so I went up this afternoon as soon as they were home. Enjoyed the cuddles.
Recovery still good. I've had no problems dog walking Beverley as I live next to a field where I walk him off lead. Everything still taped up Lynn and I haven't got a dressings clinic appointment until after the Jubilee bank holiday. Looks pretty good on the outside though.
Weather going off here as well. It was very humid today.
Love Pam x

barneyb

Hi Lynn - Weather here managing to hold on to the sun but think it will change soon. It has been glorious though. My daughter has signed up with an agency yesterday for part time temp work while she looks for a permanent job. Fortunately they have a job for her straight away, she starts tomorrow at a College in Leeds, 20 hours a week. It's just what she needs and at least she has some money coming in whilst looking for full time permanent work. All's well with me, taking advantage of the Haven in Leeds again, apparently I didn't use all my complimentary therapies at the start of all of this so I'm having acupuncture for the hot flushes and also booked in for some counselling as really I'm not coping properly. Shame you haven't been to Leeds, maybe we could have a meet up in this part of the world sometime? Mind you I haven't been to where you live so maybe we could make it there instead! Love to everyone else. Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone - still so uncomfortable with the changes in this site - haven't been able to log on for days now. Cat - sorry to hear you have more worries, i hate the constant anxiety this brings. I'm thinking of you, sending my love and best thoughts - good that you're having it dealt with - peace of mind for another wee while.x Pam hope you're recovering well - is it too soon to know if you're happy with the results? Bev - hi been thinking of you - had a big conversation about Leeds and couldn't actually recall if i've ever been! hope all well with you - what plans does your daughter have? Tina - job wasn't right for you, had that conversation didn't we. Good news on the job for number 1 though - so hard to come by.Wendy - What you up to? all ok? hope life is being kind. i'm seeing the glasgow bunch for lunch on Saturday i'll be sure to pass on your thanks to Rev Cat.

Weather's broken today but had a fab week before that .... such a difference to everything.
x
ps Cat - if you see Annette please give her a big cuddle from me and let her know i'm thinking of her.
barneyb

Hi Cat - sorry to hear of how you've been feeling and thinking of you having to undergo a brain scan, you're absolutely right the BC crap is never ending. Sending you lots of warm wishes and hugs, not a nice thing to have to have done but it will put your mind at rest. Take care. Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Finally got round to logging on etc. glad your surgery went well Pam. My surgery for implant replacement is 12th June but looks like it might have to be postponed as I have to have a brain scan and my BCN doesn't think the surgeon will want to operate until that has been done. Been feeling very headachy and feeling slightly unbalanced for the past few weeks. Not sure what to think but think I do need a scan even if it is hopefully just to put my mind at rest. This BC crap never seems to ends.
Love to everyone else who has made it onto the new site!
Cat xxx
barneyb

I can't believe this!! At last I've found you all. I've just sent a long private email to Wendy tonight, saying how I couldn't find you and then thought I'll try again and hurrah I've managed it! Hope my post doesn't end up somewhere else! Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery Pam, take it easy and enjoy the sunshine while it's here. How are you managing with your dog? Sorry to hear you didn't get the job Tina, but by the sound of it it wasn't really what you wanted. Have you any more interviews in the pipeline? Good news on your youngest's success and pleased for your eldest son on the job front. My daughter has finished at Uni now and feels a bit "lost" I think. It must be strange for her after being in education for so long. Lynn - glad things are settling down a bit on the thyroid trouble, when is your next review? Cat - think I read on FB that you have tickets for the Olympics, that must be a great thing to look forward to, hope the SATS went well. Annette - if you're reading this I really do hope you are ok, have thought about you a lot since you posted how you felt. Maggy - you too if you're reading hope things are going better for you. Wendy - hello to you too. I really hope I can find my way back here again - I've missed you all so much. Love to all. Beverley xx

barneyb

I can't believe this!! At last I've found you all. I've just sent a long private email to Wendy tonight, saying how I couldn't find you and then thought I'll try again and hurrah I've managed it! Hope my post doesn't end up somewhere else! Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery Pam, take it easy and enjoy the sunshine while it's here. How are you managing with your dog? Sorry to hear you didn't get the job Tina, but by the sound of it it wasn't really what you wanted. Have you any more interviews in the pipeline? Good news on your youngest's success and pleased for your eldest son on the job front. My daughter has finished at Uni now and feels a bit "lost" I think. It must be strange for her after being in education for so long. Lynn - glad things are settling down a bit on the thyroid trouble, when is your next review? Cat - think I read on FB that you have tickets for the Olympics, that must be a great thing to look forward to, hope the SATS went well. Annette - if you're reading this I really do hope you are ok, have thought about you a lot since you posted how you felt. Maggy - you too if you're reading hope things are going better for you. Wendy - hello to you too. I really hope I can find my way back here again - I've missed you all so much. Love to all. Beverley xx

Petal5

Hi everyone.
Glad the forums seem to be settling down and slowly getting sorted.
Tina isn't ordinary and routine life wonderful after the last couple of upheaval years we have all had. You must be very proud of your sons achievements.
I am enjoying the good weather apart from the watering the garden. Being in the hosepipe ban area is a pain as I can't lift heavy weights after my op so trying to get round my veggie plot and tubs and baskets using my little indoor watering can is a mammoth task. Shame about the new hosepipe and sprinkler I bought last year. Grhhh.
Healing seems to be going well so far. Had to be careful when my son brought the twins round yesterday. It was so hard not to pick them up. Did have a sit down cuddle with them though with my arm propped on a cushion.
The hospital have sent my dressings clinic appointment. It is not until the Wednesday after the Jubillee Bank holiday. Hope everything stays put until then (dressings wise).
Thank you to those of you who put good recovery messages on fb.
Hope you are all having a good weekend.
Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Pam, hope you are not too sore, & healing is going to be straight forward! My posting on the forum is a bit random these days, can't find the quick & easy way, like the latest posts I used before! Did not get the job, they felt I was "overqualified"! TBH I was relieved, if I am being honest the thought of looking for childcare again scares me a bit! No.3 son was joint U11 chess winner in Wessex, and he took his Level 6 Maths SAT, No.1 son has been taken on at M&S on a permanent contract and has applied for their management scheme and will take no.2 son on holiday with him this summer to Germany to celebrate my mum's 70th birthday. Really, life is very ordinary and routine, and I really love the stability and I am looking forward to our summer holiday in Dorset. Have wedding to attend of my friends daughter on the 3rd June. Love a good wedding! Hope your op goes well next month, Cat. Wendy, have you recovered some energy since your Cornwall trip? Lynn, will they review your thyroid. Did I see a thread on treatment causing thyroid problems?? Annette, if you are reading this, I am thinking of you and hope things will get a bit better for you in time. Maggy, also my thoughts are with you & hope you and your family are doing ok. Loving the weather, so much easier with the doggies. Beverley, how are your flushes with the heat? Hugs to all! x
Petal5

Well back home a bit battered and bruised. I didn't go down for surgery until 4pm. I was kept in recovery until 8pm as they didn't have any beds. Eventually they sorted it and as it was so late they kept me in overnight. Came home at midday and sat out in the garden. Didn't get much sleep last night so think it will be an early night for me tonight.
Love to all.
Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

Love and hugs and loads of support to Pam as she enters hospital later today...
You take the best of care....
Take it easy and when you're ready come back and let us know how you're doing....
I'll be looking out for your messages.
Thinking of you Pam, Wendy xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lynn
How lovely to hear from you. Personally I like the e-mail alerts because it means I have a quick access to our thread and can reply sooner and find you all quite quickly. No idea how it works!!!???!!
Is it because I was the last one posting or does it alert everyone on our thread? Who knows I'm no computer whizz! Anyway I'm glad you've posted Lynn and let us know how you are since your thyroid dx. I'm sure it's all very confusing with inconsistent steps forward. Tricky for you......Do keep us informed.
I haven't really gone on any other threads and have no idea how to access RevCat to say thank you for her original kindness and patience. I think you see her in person sometimes Lynn when you meet up in Glasgow so do pass on my very best of thanks. She was such a saviour to me!
Actually last night I did trawl through a few headings and it was so laboriously slow that I gave up....!!! However, I didn't come across anyone I recognised as there are so few people on the site so when I came to 'The Darling Buds of May' group I just praised them for finding each other and keeping up their support network as I know they all have a secondary dx and are scattered around UK and other European countries. (I don't know any of them and really know nothing about them at all but I was so impressed that they'd kept together!!)
Thank goodness they have not lost each other during this awful upheaval on BCC. Today I had several sweet messages from them. Thought that was so good of them. I actually felt like a bit of a stalker!Poor dabs there are many others who are desperate to find their cyber pals and just can't.... All too many are secondary women. It breaks your heart!
Sending jolly strong hugs to our flock who are not so evident at present, especially Cat (probably very busy at school with SATS build up!) and Annette. Do hope you read this and know we're all thinking of you and would love to hear from you whatever your state of health....
Special hugs to Annette as I've read from someone from Facebook that life is really hard for you at present. I can only empathise.... Hope you're ok Tina, and Pam in your run-up to your op, and Beverley working hard and you Lynn and all the others who do seem to have stepped back from the thread anyway.... I hate naming people as I'm worried I'll leave someone out..... OMG I hope I haven't!
Tight hugs to you all until we can get together properly!!!

Wx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies - really struggling with this site - so much like hard work. Hope all well with everyone. i think some of the symptoms re thyroid have lessened although others are still there. Hoping i'll find more of an improvement after the next review in a few weeks time. Good luck with the op Pam, hope it goes ahead. Annette - do hope you're feeling a wee bit better. Bev, how long until hols? you feeling any better. Tina - seems like we're all a bit curious re the job interview.Cat - let us know how the olympic adventure is shaping up. Wendy - are you well? i could tell from your posts how distressing it was to be cast adrift. Glad Revcat came to the rescue for you.

Love to all
Lynn
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Pam,
So glad your pre-op went ok.
Will be keeping everything crossed for you for Wednesday's planned op and that nothing will get in the way of your slot!
I'll be looking out for your progress.
As you say I can get back to here but am offering no support like I used to other people who are experiencing other down times. This forum really does not feel supportive anymore....
I'm glad we met when we did! I really feel for all those new people coming on and those experiencing fear and hardship as they progress through their cancer journey.... It must feel so lonely if your posts are not answered!
I don't seem to see any updates from the management team either to explain these losses!
I'm very disappointed with it all!
Anyway Pam enjoy your next free days and Wednesday will come along all too quickly for you....

Lots of love.
Take very good care now and don't mix with anyone with a sniffle like me!
Wx
Petal5

Hi everyone.
Website still seems a nightmare. I can find my way here but feel for any new posters as their post could easily get ignored as latest posts is so short and includes those playing on chit chat as well now!
Still hoping my surgery goes ahead on Wednesday. Pre op was straightforward but didn't meet with ps so didn't get my numerous questions answered. Will keep you informed.
Hope you are feeling a bit better now Wendy.
Have you seen any improvements yet re the thyroid Lynn?
Hope everyone else is doing well. How did the job interviews go Tina?
Looks like we are in for a bit better weather next week so not so many muddy paws to clean up after Beverley and Tina.
Love to all.
Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

I've found you through Pam's reference as to how to find our thread.....
Whooppee!
I'm just so glad I've found you all again!
Lovely to hear from you Lynn and Tina too. Keep us posted about your new date Pam. Glad it's all working out for you again.....All we need now is Cat and Annettte to find us again!
I felt so panicky when I couldn't find any of you at the beginning of the weekend. Couldn't bear to lose you...
This revamp is just so difficult to fathom! I'm not a whizz on the computer but I've been in tears almost, trying to locate you. It was RevCat who directed me this way originally but I've been relying on e-mail alerts to find any of you again, so far! Hope I can find you all again very regularly to check on Pam's progress through this next series of ops. Tina, I do hope your next interview goes well and that you feel it is the right choice for you....
Lynn I do hope you're managing re: the thyroid issue. Do keep us informed as to your progress. Are you on permanent drugs or are they still assessing you?
I spoke (over the phone) to my Dr today who says I should try to keep coughing up all the infection and I'll be fine eventually..... not sure when that will be?
So far, I feel as if I've blown my head inside out to keep my nasal passages open and as for the coughing ......I'd personally call it choking!!??!!
I'm virtually lying on the floor gasping for oxygen by the end of a good choke!
Feeling so unhealthy but determined to follow medical advice even though it sounds quite crude!

Healthy good wishes to you all,
love Wx
Guest user
Not applicable

Wendy, I hope you recover from this nasty bout of illness. What a nightmare. It's so awful to fall ill on holidays! Lynn, glad you are feeling some improvement, fingers crossed that things get better before the summer holidays. Pam, can't believe your dates are slipping, is the NHS feeling the saving measures???? Bev, glad you got in touch with your BCN, hope you can start to feel a bit better. The site in this format doesn't support community building, many posts just sit in their category and go un-noticed, that would have never happened on the old site. It's all a bit random and too time consuming. I have used many complicated databases/systems before, so I don't think it's me being reluctant to "upgrade"!! Cat, good luck for SAT week, give Annette a hug if you see her. My heart goes out to her. Second interview round tomorrow for reception job. A bit nervous, not sure I really want to have to get into organising childcare again!!!! I need a granny here really! Love to all! xx
Petal5

Hi Lynn. It is difficult to navigate around this new forum isn't it?

I have news re my surgery. The hospital phoned this morning offering me a cancellation. I have to go for pre op tomorrow and hopefully have surgery on Wednesday 23rd May. Fingers crossed that this is the final bit for me.

Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Wendy and anyone else. First time i've been able to find our thread - feels very uncomfortable, all new fangled and clunky. Didn't even know you were going to Istanbul Wendy - shame it wasn't everything you wanted it to be. Sorry you're feeling poorly too. Hi to everyone, hope all well. Feeling marginally better than before re the thyroid - hope its a big improvement before the summer hols. Will try to do a bit of navigating around here now that i've found our thread - hope i can find it again. Lynn
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Pam, so lovely to hear from you.
Glad you're ok and yes I did receive your personal e-mail address. I also heard from Beverley via a private e-mail as I had her mobile number from when we met up so I sent her a text. So now we're in contact too! Maybe you Beverley and I can do some sort of shared e-mail whilst we wait?
I'm not on Facebook as you know so please do send my love to anyone else you speak to there....
Beverley said that she'd read that Annette was very low and despondent and feeling very much an outsider. It sounded so sad to read and she's going to feel even more isolated as we can't communicate anything via the forum at present. My heart goes out to her....
My illness in Istanbul meant I had to miss only one day but since I've returned home I feel worse than ever....
This chest infection is making me feel very weary and 'do-for-nothing'!!! Completely lost all my stamina with chronic pains in my back but I suppose that's the M.E. I managed to do my laundry after travelling but the ironing will have to wait..... Can't imagine standing let alone slaving over a hot iron!!!
Where are those magic fairies when you need them???
Take good care now Pam. I will try and follow your instructions to find our thread again....
Who knows, I may write again but if not I'll keep in touch via e-mail with you and Beverley at least!
Good luck with all those wet walks and muddy paws!!!

Wx
Saying hello to Beverley and anyone else reading...
Petal5

Hi Wendy
Lovely to hear from you again. I too don't want to lose the friends we have made on here either. Others have been in touch via Facebook but you're not on there to my knowledge. I wil try to message you with my email address but don't know if messages are working yet.
I can't find my way around here at all at present. The latest posts doesn't seem to be working properly. I find our thread by going down the side to undergoing surgery section and finding it that way.
Your trip to Istanbul sounds interesting. It is difficult when you are on your own and poorly abroad though. I was ill when I went to India and it was hard with noone to look after you.
Back to rain here today after a decent weekend weather wise so yes lots of muddy paws!
Love to all.
Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Pam,Beverley and everyone,
I just couldn't find my way into the forum at all. Felt so frustrating! Tried again and again but to no avail!
Then I had to focus on my trip to Istanbul. Wretched flight times of 10.30am so I had to catch 5.30am train from here to get to Heathrow in time...... I stayed up all night as I was so frightened I would oversleep! Journey went ok but a day later I got ill. Not sure whether it was related to lack of sleep and stress but I went down with some sort of virus and had to take to my bed. It was a guided tour so I saw parts of the cultural city but missed other beautiful parts, so it was a trip of mixed feelings. Loved the mosques and our introduction to Islam and of course the lovely food. The people were lovely but their hassling got me down as did their attitude to women. Apart from that sweeping generalisation the individuals we met were sweethearts.
Now home with a chest infection feeling very weak and wobbly!
Taking it easy now......... but again trying to enter the forum met with a total block! Very upset at this last night and wrote a very curt message which the lovely RevCat picked up this morning and gave me a reference to our thread. Thanks Catriona, you're a star! I only found it through her reference so whether I can ever find it again is another matter......
Just to let you know I've been thinking about you loads and been very upset to have almost lost you all. Do not want to lose touch in any way! Hope you're all managing ok and we can find each other again...
Until then, big hugs to you all.
Love Wx
Pam, so sorry to hear about your slip down the PS list. I admire your sentiments but do hope it won't be too long for you to wait....
Take very good care.
Sunny here today. Hope it is with you two with your lovely dogs (and wet paws!)
Petal5

Hi.
Good to see we are up and running again but also good to talk to those of you on Facebook.
Wendy haven't got you on fb yet so wondering how you are? Haven't heard from you for a while.
Well hope the forum keeps working this time.
Love to all.
Pam x

barneyb

Now I've posted twice!! Sorry xx

barneyb

Hello everyone - I see that I apparently posted a blank post last week!! I have had such trouble as you can see with posting, I wonder if any of you are having the same problems. Hope everyone is doing ok, I've really missed seeing how people are doing, in fact I've really missed you all. Although I have logged on everyday this is the first time I have been able to post. So frustrating. Going to see if I can find my way round the new forums.Beverley xx

Petal5

Hi everyone
Hope you are all ok. I spoke to the ps's secretary again yesterday and I have gone backwards down the list again. Just three weeks ago she was saying op mid May now she is saying June! Seems recon lists are just getting longer and longer and there is no money to shorten them. Only glad that at least I have had the main part done.
Weather here still awful. Dogs and wet weather is a nightmare. The smell of wet dog and muddy pawprints! Hope the frost keeps away though as I have some tender veg plants out.
Love to all. Pam x

Petal5

Glad you had a good time on holiday Wendy. Builders can leave a terrible mess. You need to hang on to yours Tina if they do that good a job.
Beverley do phone your bcn. I don't think mentally I could move on until I had my recon. I felt so self conscious of my body. I feel so much happier now. Body self image is so important. Still no news of a date. Last time I phoned they said mid May ans as they only seem to give two weeks notice I'm expecting to hear any time now.
Little bit of sunshine yesterday so did some work on the garden but pouring again today so I'm going up to help with the twins.
Love to all
Pam x

barneyb

Hello there. Wendy lovely to read your long post and hear from you again. Very pleased to hear that Cornwall was good for you. It's nice to have you back.

Tina - sorry to hear that you won't get the Birthday trip to Legoland, that's such a shame, this weather is terrible. You'll know what it is like having dogs too, all those muddy paws, cleaning floors and constantly washing towels!! We had a break from the rain yesterday and it was a lovely sunny afternoon, felt so much better.

Well I haven't heard anything from BCN re an appointment so looks like it will be a chase up call from me, having taken ages to make up my mind to make the initial call to her I'm now stalling on following it up. Don't know if it's the weather, but my joints have been really aching, my ankles, toes, wrists, fingers and knees. Bit better yesterday when the sun shone so hoping it's nothing untoward.
Made an appointment yesterday to speak to someone at the Haven, just feel "stuck" at the moment and can't move on mentally. I go on Friday and hope they can help. Didn't want to see my doctor about it as I feel like I'm always moaning!

Hope everyone is ok and not too wet!!

Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Wendy, glad Cornwall was a nice break, the Paddington train out west is always packed, very hard to get a seat indeed! Sorry your builders left a mess, ours are very good tidying but dust just gets everywhere. Well, we are truly soaked here, promised no.3 son a trip to Legoland for his birthday, but doesn't look like the weather will ge good enough this weekend! Lynn, have you started a treatment yet for the thyroid? Pam, any news on your surgery date? Cat, can imagine you are fed up with surgeries now, too. I hope you recover in time for your driving job. You might meet some really special people! Beverley, have you talked to anyone with your recon wishes? Hope all our other girls are doing well.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello lovely ladies,
I'm back!
Cornwall was such a fantastic tonic for me! I was so stressed by the time I left I missed my local train by a minute which meant it was touch and go whether I would catch my bargain connection at Paddington for Penzance!!!
Well after running a virtual two minute mile I threw myself on the train with just 90 seconds to spare.....
The train was packed to the rafters so I was very glad to eventually find my seat even though I was crushed between the window and a rather large lady!!! She was wearing two black sleeves and I chanced my arm (no pun intended!) and asked her about lymphodaema and she was very frosty!
She mellowed when I told her about my dx and running local support group so knew a little about her condition.... By Reading we were chatting like old pals, but I'm not sure I'd intervene again!
She was very frosty and slightly angry too!!! I was extremely diplomatic but I'm sure she felt I'd intruded too far....

Hey ho I'm learning.....
It was a lovely week away with bright sunny skies despite the blustery wind and occasional showers. I loved my B&B x2, visited some fantastic galleries, enjoyed the art and the scenery, walked miles along the coast and found a fab place to eat in the evenings. They were just so friendly....
The diet went out the window when I realised my will power could not resist two Cornish scones!!! Nor the huge cooked breakfasts or super restaurant meals! I am now the same weight I was before Xmas and the diet! Bu**er!!!
I did the embroidery course in the middle of the week and I was utter rubbish at controlling my machine without a foot attachment. My end results were worse than a child's and didn't improve!
Only looked at my pieces tonight as they were so poor and maybe they do have a childish charm, if you squint your eyes!!!
Hey ho, more learning.... It was fun though and I swore continually for seven hours each day!!! I needed that release....
Returned fresh and free and calm.....until I saw all the mess from the decorating work! Ugh! It has taken me a virtual week of heavy graft to clean my open plan home. Every surface, ledge and ornament has had to be washed until I could put my rooms back together again.
Nearly nearly there now....but how you people cope with building work I do not know! I'm permanently exhausted from cleaning and work, stressed and uptight again! Won't have decorating done whilst I'm away! It's just tooooooooooooooooooo stressful!!!

It's been such a busy week with all sorts of 'to-do' activities and this weekend has been totally taken up by street party planning and meetings! So it was only tonight I read your messages.
Lynn sorry to hear of your new dx. Do hope tests and support will help you adapt to this new set of circumstances. I'm always being tested because I'm under-achieving with M.E. I'm now just constantly SLOW! Can't rush if you paid me!
Beverley, well done for making your decision to discuss options.
Choices are ahead for you.... Keep in touch won't you?
Pam, your dates are getting closer for you too.
How are those gorgeous babies? Any pics available?
Cat, glad you can share about your lop-sidedness. I know my 'good' side is drooping terribly compared to my pert prosthesis which is up around my chin!!! Maybe I'll talk to BCN eventually too....
Cat, your description of the Olympic driving test made me laugh out loud!!! I just hope you don't feel flattened by your assessment grade. Delivering parcels is very important!
Keep us informed of your June date. It won't be too long now....
Admire your professional concern to do SATS first. Personally I might have popped into hospital to avoid SATS!!!
Tina good to hear you're so busy but as you and Cat state it's tough being a single parent. You make sure you take it easy when you can...
How did the job interview go?
Hope you were pleased with your performance.

Now you know how important you lovely February ladies are to me so let me give each one of you a personal hug and know that collectively we are stronger for knowing each other.
We will keep the support going and recognise that the past has made us who we are now..... A little battered at times but always able to take a new step with the support of you all.
I am personally indebted to you all.

Love to you all from a very wet S.E.!!!
Who would reckon this drought could be quite so wet????
Wx

barneyb

Nice to hear all your news Cat. I'm waiting for an appointment to see BCN to see what options I have. It's just that I feel a bit lopsided - reconstruction side is very good, it's the other side that is bigger, so I find it difficult to get a good fitting bra. Thanks to all of you for getting behind me to "go for it"!

Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,
Nice to hear from you all. Lynn I'm glad you got a diagnosis and I hope you start feeling more like yourself soon. Glad you are feeling good mentally Tina. Know what you're feeling in terms of being a single parent. My building work has nearly finished too, just the last little snags, but will have to wait til oh comes home before we can move up to our new room. Very excited about having an ensuite!
Beverley if you are not happy about your surgery, definetly go see your surgeon. I saw mine today about replacing the encapsulated implant. Postponed the surgery last year as I couldn't face another op but implant is getting higher and higher and I'm worried one morning I will wake up and find it under my chin! No waiting for me seem to be lucky at my hospital. Could have had it done next month but need to do the Sats at school so decided on 12th June. Still no nipples as decided to wait and will have that done under local when new implant has settled in order to get the position right.
Weight loss is not happening here either, currently watching Obese a year to save my life on sky to try and stop myself reaching for the biscuit tin. Not sure it's having the right effect as I just think to myself at least I'm not that fat....
Wendy hope you are ok. I'm trying to do more walking to build up bone density but all this rain is not helping.
Have my Olympic in car driving assessment in 2 weeks, very nervous as I know I have picked up some bad habits driving in London all these years. Apparently we will be given a grade from 1 to 4, 1 meaning you will be reassigned to a different role, 2 means you can transport parcels and equipment, 3 officials and 4 means you can drive the VIPs!
Love to all xxx

Petal5

I too think its important to keep " our thread" going. True that we don't need it so much now but it is like a security blanket knowing that if any of us have concerns our friends are still here for us. We have been through so much with each others support already. I tend to have a quick look most days still.

How long will you have to wait for an appointment Beverley? My next op will be to even me out a bit so I know the problems of finding the right bra.

Glad you have some answers Lynn. Let's hope they can get the dosage sorted quickly.

When will you hear about your job Tina? Is it full time or part ?

Love to you all. Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

Mad week post holiday, cleaning up after builders, how does the dust go everywhere??? Tons of washing as well. Decided to sell of a lot of the old kids stuff on Gumtree, new furniture coming on Saturday, no.2 son went on PGL residential last week, no.3 son is 11 on Tuesday and really, I feel like a single parent, with OH seemingly working non stop. Had a job interview on Friday, too! Diet, what diet..., Pam, like you, it has sort of fallen off the to do list!!
Lynn, hope they get your thyroid evened out again. Is this also the cause for the breathlessness? Beverley, you should never feel bad for ringing your BCN with a concern. Reconstruction is important if you want it. Didn't you have strattice reconstruction?
Bc is definetely not occupying the same sort of brain space it did two years ago, and I think I belong to the group of women who die with a past BC diagnosis rather than from it. I know there are no guaranties of that but that's my mindset in dealing with my life without being trapped in the fear of what may or may not happen in the future. I am sure everyone has their own way of dealing with this life beyond dx&treatment.
Sending my love to all of you February girls and I hope we can still keep Our Thread going! xx

barneyb

Morning everyone

Lynn - I hope you feel better soon, but I expect you're relieved to at last know why you are feeling like you are.

I know what you mean about Our Thread. I do still log on most days, we've had a new pc so this week has been a bit of a learning curve and must admit I've not bothered so much. It does feel like we are all "moving on" but I still need to know Our Thread is here if I need it. The support we have all given each other over the last two years has been wonderful, plus support from other people on these Forums. I must admit I still have bad days when I can get very stressed about BC, they are not as often as in the early stages, but still happen. This may sound strange but this week I had a check up at the dentist and a visit to the hygienist. A wisdom tooth is becoming very loose and she said the gum was inflamed resulting in her prescribing a gel to use for 12 days. After using the gel twice my lip swelled up and blistered, my tongue was tingling and my gum was very sore. Obviously an allergic reaction but the strange thing was it felt ok to be ill with something not related to BC - I think I have become a very strange person now!!

Love to all and hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies,

Our thread's in a "very different place" these days compared to when we were all in the thick of it. Curious - how often / what's the frequency we're each coming on these days?

GP confirmed i definitely have an underactive thyroid - she thinks it'll take a fair bit of time to get the doseage right, just hoping i start to feel better soon.

Thinking of you all, hope everyone's enjoying the weekend. I'm off to bed now.

lYNN
X

Petal5

Hi everyone.
Lynn hope they can sort out our problems. As you say better than what you were dreading.
Beverley what are you thinking of having done? Can't remember whether you had some recon before or not? Worth going along and seeing what is on offer at least. Then you can decide what you want to do.
My dieting has completely stalled since Easter. I blame the eggs!
Love to all
Pam x

barneyb

Hello everyone

Wendy - hope you are having better weather in Cornwall than here in Leeds - raining and very cold here. Really hope you enjoy your week away.

Lynn - good luck with the next round of blood tests, did she explain or say what implications this would have?

Tina - how did Monday go with the mountain of things you had to do? Good luck with the dieting, I fear I'm fighting a losing battle!! Funnily enough my flushes are not too bad at night now, maybe only one, but through the day they are a real pain.

Decided (at long last) to get in touch with my BCN as I do feel very lopsided!! There are certain bras I just can't wear as the difference in size becomes noticeable. For instance the thin t-shirt bras, I'm ok with padded ones. She is going to sort out an appointment for me. Not sure if I've done the right thing or if I should have just put up with it.

Love to all
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies - GP phoned, bloods are good with the exception of thyroid - she thinks its underactive and wants me to call in tomorrow for more bloods. I so hope that's what it is!!!!!!!!!! What a crazy world i now have.

Lynn
x