1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2010 mastectomy ladies

barneyb

Re: February 2010 mastectomy ladies

Hello everyone and hi to Viv - I'll echo what the others have said and how important this thread was and still is to me. The support we all gave each other was wonderful and I'm glad you found reading this thread to be of some help. I wish you well with the rest of your treatment and biopsy results and reconstruction next year.
Pam - Work is a little better than it was, we have been very busy which is one of the reasons I've not posted for a little while, but things are calming down now. Sad to say the hot flushes haven't!!
Have been trying really hard with the weight loss, I'm only getting on the scales once a week and tomorrow is the "big day"!! Last Wednesday I had lost 2.5 lbs in 2 weeks, so like you Lynn it's obviously a slow process, trouble is I'm very impatient and want results now!!
Wendy have a brilliant holiday and enjoy the sunshine. It's been a lovely day here today but dropping very chilly tonight.
Hugs to all
Beverley xx

Petal5

Hope that you have a fabulous holiday Wendy. I will be jealous of your sunshine. We had good weather on Saturday but cloudy all day today.
Hi Viv. Yes it has been an incredible journey with many highs and lows along the way and all the better for the company. This thread was my lifeline through treatment and I still feel very close to those who travelled with me. I hope your treatment goes well.
Lynn even a few lbs off is brilliant. It's not easy with all the medications we are on. I keep trying!
How is work going now Beverley? I don't miss mine at all. I have time now to do the things that I want to which is great.
Best wishes to the rest of the gang if any of you are reading.
Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

Just saying hello to the Fab Four!
I've had a day rehearsing and singing at a wedding today. It was lovely and we sounded even better within the Church! I'm just four days away from my sunny vacation, will bring back some sunshine for you all...
This weekend is very sunny at present which has been a lovely surprise.
Hope it's good with all of you.

Glad work is progressing better for you Beverley. Pity about the hot flushes though.....
Lynn, I think your 3lbs is very good indeed. It took me about six weeks to start losing 1lb!!!
Pam, good luck with the building work! It's a horrid process isn't it? So much upheaval!

Tight hugs to you all. I'll be back in 10 days time.

Lol Wx
Guest user
Not applicable

Bless you Viv. We're not amazing at all! We've just been prepared to be honest and share all our ups and downs together. The support received here has been such a wonderful ingredient to my recovery!
Now as we progress into new ground we have different experiences to share; the prolonged recovery that takes years to adapt to.... If anyone ever does recover mind and body completely!
The bumps in the road are many and various aren't they?
Do hope you are coming to terms with your dx and early treatment. It's such a lot to absorb.....
I'm so glad that by reading our 'stories' we have helped you in some way. It's a long road and it would be great if you could find some others who are at the same stage as you to compare notes. It really does help unless everyone else is progressing too far ahead of you.....
Good luck with your imminent biopsy results and eventually your reconstructive surgery next year.
We have coped with our mx in a variety of ways. I'm ok with the prosthesis and never want to enter a hospital again, others have opted for reconstruction - immediate and delayed. We're all so different, aren't we?

Take good care Viv and remember to put yourself first. You need to focus on yourself for now.
Good luck.

Wx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello ladies!
Sorry to butt in but I had a bilat mx 3 weeks ago. I am fortunate that I have not had to go through chemo and all the treatments you have.
I just wanted to say that I have read your posts from beginning to end and you are the most inspirational ladies I have ever seen.
What a journey you have all been on. I'm so glad that you are getting on with life as best you can despite the bumps in the road.
You have really helped me through the last 3 weeks as some of the feelings I've had and been worried about have been experienced by you all in one way or another and it's put my mind at rest.
I am now waiting for some lymph node biopsy results and being referred to Salisbury hospital for diep recon hopefully next year.
You are all amazing!
Lots of love
Viv xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies - lovely to read all your news, good to hear from you all again. Calorie counting is a drag only 3lbs in 3 weeks and its sooooooo hard, and i'm being very good. Real sorry about your dog Pam - i was so sad when i saw it on FB, what a beautiful picture of him. Wendy have a fab time in Spain - sounds like you need a big rest, enjoy! Bev - with you on the work thing, know where you're coming from, hope it gets better again soon.x
barneyb

Hi everyone
Wendy - hope this week goes well and you get that well earned rest you need.
Pam - I too have had real trouble finding this thread, has the site changed again? I've gone through loads of pages to get here!!
Lynn - hope things are ok for you?
Work is a bit better this week, been very busy today especially on this evening's shift, it seemed like hundreds of people wanted to enrol! The hot flushes are back "big time" since my return to work, I feel like I'm melting!
Beverley xx

Petal5

Hi Wendy. Glad that you will get some rest now. Yes it's a pity that our summer weather is disappearing.

You are not the only one having problems getting onto this forum. I had a problem tring to post on Friday. Took me three goes! But I like to keep in touch with you all so worth persevering.

I am just about to embark on some building and decorating work. Have been given a provisional start date of 1st October. Hate the thought of all the mess but it desperately needs doing.

Yes I will be watching the closing ceremony too. I have so enjoyed the Olympics and Paralympics. It has been brilliant viewing. Mind you I might get something done now!

Love to all.
Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

It has taken me an absolute age to get into our thread tonight!
No idea what's happened but it all looks completely different and just couldn't open our area under 'treatment after surgery'!!! So after feeling very despondent I tried one more time and got through!!!
I hate to think what is happening to the site. Is it reverting to the old format?

Saw there was a new post so wanted to read on....
Delighted for you Pam that you've been signed off with such excellent results.
Must be a big weight off your mind. At least you can select the best time for you to have the tattooing done.

Did my market today and sales were good with all the tourist trade at the sea-side.
I have to keep trying to earn some of the decorating costs back.... Big hole in my bank account at present.
Teaching work returns to a normal routine this week (HOORAH!) so there will be spaces in my week which I can rely on to take some well earned rest. My body is crying out for some real undiluted rest so tomorrow if the sunshine continues, I'll be sitting out with my book and forget all the responsibilities of the world for once....
Hope your work improved Beverley. Lynn how's your job going?
Sunny skies for us all I hope, north and south of the border and then an evening to watch the closing ceremony of the Paralympics. It will be very strange to have no Olympic events to watch, won't it?
And the Autumn chill sets in on Monday! Whoopee! Not what we actually wanted at all.....

Waving to you all, from Wx
We've obviously become the FOUR mastectomy ladies of Feruary 2010!
Let's hope the others are reading and are all ok.
Petal5

Glad that we have seen some sunshine at last though I know some of our northern friends have still missed out. I just love the uplifting feeling a bit of sunshine gives.

Saw my plastic surgeon today and have been discharged. Really pleased with my recon and the symmetry work. Seems they don't do the areola tattoos at my hospital as the ps says the bcn turnover is too fast so not worth training and he wants to spend time doing ops not tattooing so have been referred to a private clinic. Obviously will have to pay but don't think I can complain with the money that the nhs has paid out for me and should get it done quickly.

Sorry your return to work has been a bit of a pain Beverley. Hope it will improve for you.

Wendy sounds like you have been mega busy. Don't know how you do it. I still have major energy depletion problems. Luckily as I am retired I can rest when I need too.

Well have a good weekend everyone.
Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Beverley,
It's always difficult returning to work anyway after a good summer break but if it's not bringing you job satisfaction that is very sad.
I think all the frustrations with your job last year could be contributing to this new state of events where there is such chaos and you are yet again the victim of it and have to express your professional face to your students and bear their frustrations too! It is a vicious cycle isn't it?
Poor management at the top really does wear you down, I know that.....
I hope that in the next few weeks work will improve for you and if it doesn't you might have to be aware of the larger job market if it really gets you down.
It seems such a shame after you enjoyed your job but Ad Ed is facing massive cutbacks everywhere....
Not easy to contend with when there is such chaos too.
I'm glad you've enjoyed your recent days away in the sunshine. Here's to a sunny weekend too.
I had to see my M.E. consultant today at another seaside town further down the coast, so I went early and walked along the beach in brilliant sunshine and then returned later for a beer in the evening sun. How fantastic to feel such warmth again....
Hope the sun is shining on us all.
Love to you all from Wx
barneyb

Lovely to hear from you Wendy, you certainly seem to have had quite a summer! I can echo your sentiments - I too was going to do so much this summer break - what happened? I went back to work on Monday - that was a real disappointment, I used to look forward to September time, the buzz of new classes, new faces eager to sign up to courses, but I arrived to chaos and everyone in stressful/angry moods. A bit depressing to say the least. Lots of problems apparently that should have been rectified in time for enrolment but haven't been. I can understand everyone's frustrations butI felt really flat and I think it's made me realise I'm not enjoying my job anymore. Not sure there is a lot I can do about it though, the current job situation is not very good to be looking to change jobs. Maybe only first day back blues, I've been off today and yesterday, back at work tomorrow and Friday so who knows it might be different. Making the most of today and the lovely sunshine we have here.
Lovely to hear of your news Pam, you certainly have been inundated with grandchildren - I'm so pleased for you. So sorry to hear about your dog, there are no adequate words to say, I know I've been through it and you will miss him so much, big hug to you.
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello lovely ladies.
Sorry for my absence! The work was a bit of a disaster with the painting being very inferior indeed! Will have to pay a friend to make it good. But the carpentry was great so now I have a new built-in wardrobe, shelves virtually everywhere and two new exterior doors!!! All pretty costly and very messy...
I think the sawdust is settling now but housework has been on double time!
Correcting the paintwork has been a huge CHALLENGE and I'm still finding new areas of dismay when I sit in different positions??? Such a nightmare but after being let down by two people I was quite desperate and the work I was shown in his own home was perfect so I gladly let him into my home but he didn't seem to continue to the same standard.
I'm busy creating a dressing room so have been sorting clothes for ever....
Went to IKEA last week and bought loads of storage so I've been building boxes like there's no tomorrow.... I bought so many that I have overdone it! The room is beginning to look like shelves full of boxes!!! Not much central carpet left now!!!
Can only do a bit each day as I've taught all through the holiday. Feel very resentful about that! All my families are preparing for the 11+ which is only next week so after that I'm hoping life will return to some sort of routine!
School restarts tomorrow here so they'll only be able to come to me after school rather than throughout the day...
Some families have wanted double lessons and twice a week so I'm absolutely shattered!
And I mean shattered! M.E. symptoms are chronic but I do see my consultant tomorrow which will be a relief to get some support at last. He told me to stop going to the gym and swimming as I was in so much pain but luckily I have managed to maintain my weight these last months...
I lost 9lbs after initial lumpiness caused by cancer recovery and somehow have not put it back on so I think I'm this size now but definitely still look rather 'lumpy' in more places than I can imagine!!! Summer clothes are not very attractive for middle-aged lumpy females so I'm almost always in tunic tops hiding the greatest lumps with a swirl of fabric???!!!
Can really understand your frustration Lynn with your under active thyroid. It must be soooooooooooo hard for you.
Do hope the calorie counting helps somewhat..... Do pass on any tips.

Lovely to hear about all your precious bundles Pam. So glad they've all arrived safely. You must nearly have a classful by now????
Really sad to hear about your dog. What a blow! They become true lifetime chums don't they?
I'm sure you really miss him very much.

Hi Beverley. Always lovely to hear about Leo and his constant good work.
Glad you all enjoyed Scotland. Sounds fab! I'm off in a fortnight for a week in Spain where I will be visiting my sister and looking forward to some pure R&R!!! Last year I fell and broke my arm there so I will try and keep upright at all times this year! Cutting back the gin at least!

Lovely to read all your news and your holiday travels.
Will try and get on here more often this next term but this summer has been one of the busiest ever. I've obviously done some lovely things too and met some old chums but it has really raced by and I was going to do sooooo much!!! I'm teaching one more day this week then it's back on the market on Saturday so it continues to be busy and of course if I've got a moment I'm building an IKEA box.....
Life is definitely rushing by for me now but thereagain I could be getting slower....
Goodnight lovely ladies. Think of me when you go back onto FACEBOOK.
I am very slow.......
Lol Wx
Petal5

Hi everyone. Hope you had a good weekend. I had a few days in Devon with the twins who are now seven months old and my fifth grandchild arrived last Monday so we were able to call in on the way home to meet the new arrival. It has really been a year of babies for me!
Sadly my dog passed away last week. He was thirteen so had a good life but he has been my good companion and I miss him loads. They do become part of the family. It feels strangely quiet without him following me around.
Can't believe we are heading for Autumn already. Still hoping that we are due some more sunshine and warmth.
I'm with you on the workmen Wendy. I hate all the disturbance. But at least you have found some. I am trying to get quotes for some work and people keep letting me down.
Love to you all.
Pam x

barneyb

Hello everyone - hope you are all having a good weekend. Back from a lovely break in Scotland, despite the weather on Monday! Lynn, we did get to Loch Lomond on the Tuesday, stopped off at Luss (thank you for the suggestion) it was a lovely little place to visit, unfortunately it was a little early in the day when we were there to sample the soup at the Coach House but had a look inside and it seemed a lovely place. Leo (our dog) had a paddle in the Loch!! We went on to Inverary and again spent a very pleasant couple of hours there, whilst we were having lunch a party of Italian tourists passed by us and were besotted with Leo, taking his picture and making a great fuss of him!! Now just got to get my head round the fact that I'm back at work on Monday after the summer break - don't think I'm ready for it yet!
As for the weight issue, I'm really trying to make a determined effort, I've never been this weight before and don't even enjoy shopping for clothes anymore as I feel so frumpy!!
Love to all
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

hey anyone looking in - happy weekend, hope all well with folks. Wendy you need to get onto Facebook. Bev, i hope your trip to Scotland was enjoyable - did you ever make it toLoch Lomond?. Off out tonight with a friend i've not seen for ages, looking forward to it. I've started counting calories out of desperation (only 5 days in)been really unhappy with my weight and you know i don't exactly exercise a lot. Feels like i'm up against it, tamoxifen, early menopause and under active thyroid to boot - so o o hard as i've never had to bother before. Think the only way i could lose weight is if i was to make it my life's work, and thats not me. To satisfy my husband i've loaded the calorie counting app on the i pod (not that he's complaining about my weight- just that he thinks counting calories is more scientific)

lynn
barneyb

Hi everyone.
Wendy - I'm with you on the workmen, can't stand the mess, it's lovely to have things done around the house but the upheaval it causes at the time is terrible. So sorry to hear that you're suffering badly with your ME symptons, but hope you have a good midweek break.
So sad that the Olympics have finished but maybe I can now get on with my life! I didn't think I would be as hooked as I was, loved every minute of it. We had a homecoming reception in Leeds yesterday for the Brownlee brothers and Lizzie Armistead, there was lots of people to welcome them back. It was a wonderful fortnight. Really envious of Pam and Cat being in the action!
Weather here not too bad at the moment which makes you feel happier.
Love to all
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello lovely ladies!
I'm still here but coping very badly with workmen in the house!
I usually wait to have lots of jobs done at once and I do feel as if the whole house is upside down and I've got nowhere to hide!!! He's only doing work in two rooms building wardrobes and shelve as well as replacing two exterior doors. The mess is horrid and I can't find anything because it's all under dust sheets!
Behind all this I'm suffering badly with M.E. symptoms again and feeling very weak and fragile.
Consultant has advised me to rest during the day, lead a simpler life and not care for anyone else but myself!!!
I am really bad at present but without hiring a fleet of servants I'm not sure how one could follow this advice and continue working.... It's been bad for months and resting in front of the Olympic screen was my way of resting!
Just loved it!
Sad it's all over now. Came through London yesterday and it was so busy with visitors,athletes,volunteers etc.
Very glad everyone enjoyed it. Great for those with tickets like Pam.
I watched so much TV coverage and laughed so much when I realised I was watching shooting/judo/canoeing etc and know absolutely zero about the sport!!!
Still they provided great memories for us all. Mo was such a star, wasn't he?

Great to be still in contact. I'm having a midweek break to see Benjamin Zephaniah and will be back next weekend.
Speak later...

Lots of tight hugs from Wx
barneyb

Hi Lynn, Wendy and Pam - and I'm sure Cat is just a little busy but Hi to you too!!
I'm the same as you girls only look for this thread and maybe one or two others. A friend asked me today how I was feeling and I said I'm almost scared to say I feel well, still have the feeling that I don't want to tempt fate by saying I'm ok - anyone else feel the same.
Pam - you seem to have had a fabulous time, seen your photos of FB and did see the one of Cat and Bradley Wiggins, it was a great photo. How exciting that you saw Usain Bolt, have just watched him again like Lynn, he's amazing! I'm thoroughly hooked on the Olympics, was so pleased to see us get Gold and Bronze in the Dressage, those horses are incredible. Not forgetting another Yorkshire girl in the Boxing this afternoon. I'm so pleased that the organisation has gone well, it might silence all the doubters from before the Games started.
Lynn - not sure yet where we are heading, we have been looking at the Menzies Hotel Irvine, as they have a good deal on at the moment and they take dogs!
Wendy - hope you're having a good break with your college pal, look forward to hearing from you soon.
Love to all
Beverley xx

Petal5

Hi you three. I'm still around though I only look at this and one other thread now. Yes I have been enjoying the Olympics. I was lucky enough to go down to the Olympic park twice. Last Saturday saw GB hockey and on Tuesday the athletics including Usain Bolt. Stayed for the whole day both times and had a brilliant time. Very impressed with the organisation of the whole thing too and everyone seemed happy and having a good time. I see that Cat has been busy driving olympic officials around and she did have a super photo of her with Bradley Wiggins on fb.
Love to you all.. I still think of you often.
Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Wendy and Bev, and then we were three........... I know what you mean Bev its a very quiet place now, just goes to show that everyone has different needs and moves on at different rates. I know that i haven't looked at the rest of the site since Clair died - Not connected to that but think i'd feel a wee bit scared of diving back in now - don't really want to go back to that place, although that doesn't take anything away from how much of a support you girls were and still are, knowing you're there.
I'm not known for my sporting ethos but i have to say i'm finding the olympics really engaging - just watched the Bolt again - what a star.! Seems from FB that Pam is certainly enjoying the games too!

Hope you had a good trip Wendy and are feeling well and happy. Bev - enjoy the remainder of your break - where exactly in Ayrshire are you headed?

Lynn
x
Guest user
Not applicable

Just saying hello as I've switched on in the middle of the night.
Can't stop long as I'm off on a jaunt tomorrow morning...
Hello to Lynn and Beverley and everyone else reading.

I agree work is very over-rated and I'm doing far too much at present...
Taking two days leave with old College pal and husband so that I can refresh my batteries. Will be back on e-mail when I return Beverley.... Promise!
Glad you've enjoyed your break Lynn.
Take it easy....
So lovely to hear from you both,
Wx
barneyb

Hi Lynn
Good to hear from you. I'm still here reading! Feel a bit sad though that it's now so quiet on our thread, but maybe it's a good thing on the other hand as I'm hoping it means people are coping well on their own. Still miss the posts and think often of everyone. I've been in touch with Wendy via emails and do lurk a bit on FB so can see what's happening with people! I know what you mean about enjoying time off work so much more now. I'm currently halfway through a lovely long 9 week break, don't return until the beginning of September. It's a lovely feeling to be able to give so much more time to home and family but can't believe how fast the weeks are flying by. We're planning a short break to your neck of the woods, looking at staying on the Ayrshire coast as not really been to that area, just for a few days at the end of August. Have fun tomorrow with your meet up, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Big hugs to all our other friends and have a fab weekend.
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All - hope all good with everyone still reading. Been off work for a couple of weeks, tody is the last day before going back Monday - so o o not lookig forward to it. I enjoy time off now so much more than i ever did before, not sure if that's because i like work less or just like time off more. Done a few things in the couple of weeks, Munich then Arran and Edinburgh closer to home. Meeting up with the Glasgow gang tomorrow - that should be good fun, as ever. Weather not great but has been worse. Due to go back to Doc's mid August to have the thyroid levels checked again, at 100mg of thyroxine at the moment.

Thinking of everyone.

Lynn
x
barneyb

Hi everyone - been away for a couple of days and just catching up with everything.
Wendy - can't say how pleased I am to hear your news, you must be so relieved, I know how you've been feeling though, when I had the fungal infection a few weeks ago everything just seemed to stop, it was as if I was back there to Day 1 again, so frightening, it must have been a hundred times worse for you with them actually finding a lump. I just went into my own little bubble for the 48 hours it took to find out what was wrong, so I can only imagine how it must have felt for you for the past week. Thank goodness it was nothing sinister.
Lynn - have you any sunshine yet? Today here has not been too bad, quite warm at times. I too was thinking about Cat and Annette today and wondering if they were still in contact. Cat - if you're reading hope the Olympics are good for you.
Pam - I'm pleased to say Leo behaved very well and was a Star!! The people at the home loved him, thought he was a real character (which he is!) and were thrilled to hear all about his past guide dog history. I think we'll be doing the same again very soon.
Love to all
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

wendy - great news i'm sorry i only read the last post from Bev i didn't see the previous ones. Great relief i'm sure.
x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Bev so glad you had a good holiday it makes such a difference to how you feel i find. Quite annoying when the forecasters talk of something resembling summer starting but they don't mean Scotland - best we can hope for is some dry days but warm and sunny are often too much to ask. Cat - don't know if you still check in, been thinking of you with all the olympics talk, hope its everything you want it to be. Cat wondered if you're still in touch with Annette, if so please pass on my good wishes for her.
Wendy do let us know how things have gone with the lump situation - think of you often.
Pam - loving the photos on FB seems like such a happy time for you now.
Guessing it must be about time for Tina to decant to coast around now - she'll be hoping for improved weather.
LYNN
X
Petal5

Sorry double post again!
Wish this site was working properly again it is so frustrating at present. x

Petal5

So pleased with your news Wendy but can totally understand your feelings. I'm sure the relief is just too overwhelming for any real emotion at first. But you can get on with things now that must have been on hold for the last couple of weeks.

Maria lovely to see you here. Unlike embarking ths group hasn't transferred to Fb and it is good to keep up with "old" friends. Looking forward to seeing your September post. x

Hope Leo behaved himself at the old people's home Beverley. I'm sure he did as he sounds a lovely dog.

Love to all. Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Maria for popping back in...
So, so lovely to hear from you after all this while.
Glad to hear you're keeping busy. I am too but this recent event slowed life down to an absolute snail's pace....
Great to hear that you understand that life doesn't get straight for a while....
You always were very perceptive.
Do hope your boys are doing ok and that you're able to really enjoy them again.
You've had too many knocks that have set you back recently.... Do keep in touch, it would be so lovely to hear your news from time to time. Send my best wishes to others you are in touch with too.

Tight hugs to you Maria and anyone else reading.

Wx
marial

Wendy, i just poped in to check,thank goodness your new lump was nothing sinester. I know what you mean about not feeling great straight away. Take care of you yourself.
X
Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you for your good wishes. Lovely to hear from you too Maria.
I had the news today that my lump is not sinister! Just a cyst!!!
When the news sinks in I'm sure I'll feel relieved. Pretty unsure of my feelings just now....
Hoping to be 'normal' tomorrow and try to see the Olympic flame as it disappears through Kent.

Will write again sometime soon, it's all been a really dark time waiting for results.
Sorry didn't write before. Just felt I had to cope alone. Weird feelings!!!
Wx
marial

Hi, I hope you don't mind me joining in, but I was so pleased to find Wendy, although sad to "hear" you are playing the waiting game again. I will be keeping all that I can, crossed for you.
Pam, nice to "see" you here too.
Beverley, Cat and Lynn, Im not sure if I remember you from the old forums, you were just a couple of months ahead of me (mx in April 2010) i was mostily on the "Embarking on an adventure" thread.
I don't come here very often, I have been extremely busy with other things rather than bc thank goodness. I hope I managed to get used to these new forums, but until all is sorted i don't feel like redoing my profile or putting on a photo. I hope to post my 9 year and my 2nd anniveraries of NED in September, when I will have a scan, blood test and see my onc.
Anyway hugs to you all, Maria
barneyb

Pam - I can imagine it was a very lovely and special occasion - the twins' christening.
Weather here today - raining again! Though they are promising sun next week!!
Wendy - been thnking about you, have you had any news yet re appointment, it's so tough having to wait?
Taking Leo to an Old Peoples home today as the Guide Dogs Branch Organiser is doing a talk for them on Guide Dogs and wanted a real life model to go along!! Hope he behaves!
Beverley xx

Petal5

Holidays abroad seem to be the only way to find the sunshine this year. Depressingly grey here again today. Glad you found some Beverley. I know what you mean about the heat though. My temperature regulator seems to have disappeared and I just can't take the heat that I used to love now. Would love some summer weather though.

Wendy have you had your appointment yet? I've been thinking about you with fingers crossed.

Had the twins christening last Sunday. It was dry thank goodness. Lovely to have the whole family together for such a special occasion.

Love to you all.
Pam x

barneyb

Hello everyone
Back from holiday and thank you so much Wendy for bringing the problems I was having to the moderators, I had two emails to read from them when I got home and fingers crossed this post will be ok!!
Really sorry to hear about the lump they have found from the mammogram, sending you lots and lots of love, have you had the ultrasound yet? You must be feeling so stressed by it all.
Glad you had a good holiday Lynn, we did too, we were in Lake Garda and it was 32 degrees in the shade - dare I say a little too hot for me, but oh so good to see some sunshine. Since we've been home I think there has only been one fine day. It has to change soon, doesn't it?
Hope everyone else is doing ok.
Beverley xx

Jo_BCC

Hi Lynvee,

I've deleted your duplicate posts, sorry this keeps happening, it's happened to a few other users too. Our technical guys ask if when posting you can be careful not to double click, as that causes double postings. When you have accepted your post it is taking 30 seconds plus to register before accepting, which when waiting seems an age and does tempt you to click again! It's one of the glitches in the new system that's still being sorted.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jo, Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies - annoyingly lost a post. Back from a fabulous holiday in Skiathos, a really beautiful island with a fab host adding the personal touch, really really good. Almost didnt think about BC at all - almost! Back to work tomorrow for a few weeks before we have another wee break. This weather is pants - i would be going crazy if we hadn't had some time in the sun.
I'm intending to post some holiday photos on FB later, if anyone is inclinded to have a wee look at some blue sky!

Wendy really sorry to hear about the new lump, keeping everything crossed for you and sending you lots and lots of love. Did they say anything at all? how are you feeling? when is the ultrasound likely? Speak soon, Lots of love.

L x
Petal5

Sorry to hear that you are back in the waiting room Wendy. When is your ultrasound appointment? Its hard to get back to ordinary life when these things keep cropping up isn't it. Fingers crossed for you that it is nothing to worry about.

Hope that you ladies on holiday found the sunshine. It hasn't been making much of an appearance for any length of time around here.

Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

Had my mammogram on Thursday which was ok but a lump was declared in my armpit so surgeon now involved with Ultrasound arranged!
Can't seem to settle to normal life for very long before there's a problem of some sort....
Back to the waiting game!

Wx
Guest user
Not applicable

That's brilliant! She will be so pleased and so will I!
I've really missed her....
Welsh girl
Jo_BCC

Hi Welshgirl,

Thanks for letting us know about Beverley not being able to log on. I'll pass her details to our technical team and see if they can sort it out.

Thanks

Jo, Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,
Just returned from a long weekend away and found an e-mail from Beverley. She still can't log onto this site anymore and can't read our messages....
Hence her absence! She wanted me to pass on her good wishes to everyone before she went offf on her hols.
Bless her, she misses us.
I must notify someone here that she still can't log on!!! If anyone upstairs is reading this she is Barneyb!!!
Hope everyone is ok this extremely damp morning. P****ing it down here!
I've got a day at home to do my horrendous list of errands which will soon include a very large pile of ironing. Maybe I can rock around to the radio whilst I keep my mind away from my mammogram tomorrow.
Still makes me tremble as the waiting is always horrid, isn't it? Hoping everything is fine as always....

Love and hugs to everyone reading,
Wx
Guest user
Not applicable

Sending good wishes to our sunshine friends as you pop away for your well earned hols!
We'll look after the sun while you're away!!!
Actually been really warm here over the past three days and I actually have got my legs out!!!
Almost too hot sometimes but now it's the humidity.
So lovely not to be chilly in the evenings, I envy you two your guarenteed heat. I think sultry evenings when you can sit out for hours is a very special time and not quite available this weekend when the rain returns.....
Pam, I'm so glad to hear your operations were so successful. You must be delighted!
Glad to be stepping away from the hospital check ups I'm sure...
Lovely to hear about all your babies. I'm sure they've helped your healing so much as you so wanted to return to full strength for a very special reason. We all need goals at time.
Good to hear that the Olympic tickets do exist!!! I only know one other person who has been able to claim them! What events are you booked in for?
Would love to hear about your experiences when you do go...
Not long to go now... Is Cat doing something at the Olympics too?
Can't quite remember now...
Anyway I'd better hurdle up my staircase and long jump into my bed. I know it's very late but I've got so much to do at the moment and so little time..... Got a deadline on Friday for my cards to sell up in London! It's a new market for me so hope they will be successful and earn me a few pennies!!! Had to stop because I've just run out of glue. Also I was going boss-eyed!
Trying to earn enough money is a constant battle at present. Even though food prices have gone down???
I don't know where they get their statistics from??? It's certainly pretty costly here in the S.E.
Maybe I should eat less??? And maybe then I'd thin down....
Ah well, we can but dream....

Goodnight all.

Wx
Tomorrow my friend is going in for her fourth set back after ovarian cancer after being in remission for a while. I just wish she had a community like this to talk with. She has a wonderful husband and good friends but only people with the condition can really ever understand...
I wrote to her today and it was such a difficult e-mail to write as I have no idea whether this surgery will be successful. Please keep her safe.
barneyb

Hi everyone
Hope you have a lovely holiday Lynn and find lots of sunshine. We go on Monday and very much looking forward to it.
I too feel really sad on reading about Clare (Potmaid), I too hadn't posted on the thread but read her posts and had so much admiration for her spirit, she sounded an amazing person. Feel so sad for her two children she leaves behind.
I must admit I don't read too much on the forums now, just look for our thread mainly as I'm so pleased that it is still going and that we continue to be there for each other, it means a lot.
Love to all
Beverley xx

Petal5

Have a lovely holiday Lynn and find that sunshine. x

Guest user
Not applicable

OOPS!
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone - popping on before holidays tomorrow. Looking forward to some heat and some lazy days. When i heard of Claire (potmaid) death from Wendy's post i went back on the forum for the first time in ages. I never ever did post on Clair's thread but like so many others i was full of admiration for her. May she rest in peace. I think of you all often as i've said before - hope the summner brings good things for you all - good weather would be a start. Best go - guinea pigs need to be transported to their holiday home too! Lots of love

Lynn
x
Petal5

Hi everyone. Yes the "summer" weather is a nightmare isn't it! Luckily my old dog doesn't want too many walks now so just a quick lap of the field next to my house and back inside.
Everything seems to have healed really well after my latest surgery. Thank you for all your concern and kind thoughts. I just have to be careful of doing too much as that leaves me a liitle sore in the evening. I don't see the plastic surgeon until September now.
Saw my onc last week and he has discharged me so I only see the breast surgeon annually now after my mammogram. He did say that any concerns my GP could get me a quick referal back to him as they always leave a few spare appointments at the end of clinics.
Enjoying lots of cuddles with babies at present what with the twins and my latest granddaughter. Making the most of it because they grow up so fast.
My Olympic tickets arrived yesterday. So looking forward to going.
Enjoy your holidays Lynn and Beverley. Hope you find the elusive sunshine.
Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Beverley,
How lovely to hear from you. I was wondering how you were faring after your last post when it seemed you were very low and despairing....
Glad the Haven have been able to help a little although I know what a slow process any sort of emotional recovery can be... It's sort of one step at a time when really you want to race ahead but there isn't any short cut at all to real healing. It's such a horrid situation for you.
So glad you've got a holiday planned to escape this never-ending rain. It doesn't help any dark feelings does it?
Think of you and Leo trudging through the sodden grass quite often...
Wonder if Pam is up to walking her dog yet? Haven't heard anything from her for a while now but did see her name on another thread where news of Clare's death came through....
Hope it's not too wet for your daughter on Sunday. The NW is certainly having such a lot of rain. Can't believe the films shown on TV and it's midsummer!!!

Glad your rash has improved with your miracle cream! Sounds like powerful stuff! Hopefully that's one problem sorted for you....

The forum is becoming a little easier for me to use because up until today I never had to sign in!
Not sure why?
It made it easy to respond to people but I only really came on this one thread and Clare's (Potmaid) surreal one. Now it will only be this one!
So sorry you couldn't sign in. How annoying that is! Today is the first day I've ever had to sign in my password etc.
I don't mind, but when I hear that others are excluded it makes me very cross. I wrote a pretty harsh msg to the 'powers of BCC' telling them they'd virtually murdered the site and as a result I'd lost so many contacts and friends. I was feeling so angry and frustrated with them! Really made me livid!!!
Let's hope you can write in again and hear your news. Always lovely to hear from you.

I'm sure you and Lynn will be pretty busy this week preparing for your hols. Enjoy the laundry! So much to iron and then it gets totally creased in your case!!! The bliss of holiday travel!
Take good care now Beverley and have an extra hug from me.
Tight hugs to everyone reading, hope you're all ok. Just busy I hope.....

Wx

In the post this morning came my call-up for next mammogram! It's never far away is it?