cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2010 mastectomy ladies

2,754 REPLIES 2,754
barneyb

Re: February 2010 mastectomy ladies

Hello - just checking the site and wanted to say "hello" to anyone reading.
Hope everyone is well and doing ok and enjoying hopefully the warmer weather. Could this be Spring at last!?
Maggy - really hope you are getting on ok.
I have been back to the hospital for the results of the blood test and apparently I am not post menopause so it's carry on with the Tamoxifen and they will see me in a year.
Love to all
Beverley xx

Petal5

Hi. Yes I still look in occasionally too.

Maggy I do hope you are doing ok.

I had my mammo back in January and got the NED so relief all round. Hate all the emotions that get stirred up at those times though. Good luck Lynn.

I've been struggling with coughs and colds too Beverley. Don't think I have felt really well this year yet. Waiting for some warmth and sunshine. I've also been having some stomach problems. Don't know about you but my stomach has never been the same since chemo. Anyway the dr has put me back on the tablets I had during chemo, lansoprazole, so hope they will help.

Love to you all
Pam x

barneyb

Hi there. Lynn I'm still looking in on our thread, lovely to see someone posting. Wishing you well with your mammo. Had mine in March and then saw the consultant 10 days later, all clear I'm pleased to say, as you say it's always a worrying time. I've had a blood test and waiting the results now to see if I'm post menopausal, and if so, they will possibly take me off Tamoxifen and put me on to something else, maybe Arimadex. I have to go back at the end of April for the results.
Hope everyone else reading this is ok. Maggy how's things?
Think of you all lots.
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello ladies to anyone who still looks in on our thread - hope all is well with you all. Maggy is treatment well underway by now?, wishing you well. Another mammo due mid April, that'll be the second one for me since dx, we;ve got a longer gap between them up here and i'm kinda out of sync.- always a wobbly time! thinking of you all and hoping life is being kind.x
barneyb

Hello everyone
Just wondered how you all are?
Maggy - how are you, have you had any results yet, been thinking of you, it's such a hard thing to do having to wait for results.
Half term here and I've been off work, but been laid low with a very heavy cold/flu since last Friday. Plans for doing so many things have not happened! Oh well, feeling a little better today - I've sneezed so much and so violently the last couple of days my ribs feel bruised and achey.
Love to all reading
Beverley xx

Petal5

Hi all. Hope you haven't had too much snow this time around. We had a few inches on Monday but I wa still ok for driving to look after the grandchildren. Just took me longer to get there!

Hope your se from the zoladex and arimidex aren't too bad Maggy. I still get the hot flushes mainly in the evening and night and certainly with alcohol but joint pain has eased. The first couple of months on arimidex my knee joints in particular were very bad. I could hardly get up if I had bobbed down to look at something on a low shelf when shopping! This has disappeared over time though and all I get now is slight stiffness in my fingers.

Waiting for results is the pits Maggy. Good that you have your visitors to give you some distraction.

Think it's great that your family still want to go with you Lynn. Long may it continue. I did think about booking something ths year but at the moment getting someone in to do some decorating has taken precedence.

Hope the appointments all go well Beverley and Lynn. I know we worry about them but they do give us some reassurance. Our confidence in our bodies has certainly dropped.

Dont work too hard Wendy.

Love to all. Pam x

meggy

Hi
Thinking of you all at mammo time etc. I'm very much back in the system with weekly surgical followups due to post op seroma (!) lots of other appts. It seems like I've never been away but of course I have...... . Had bone scan but not results.. in funny zone..waiting to hear if I have 'just' had a regional recurrence or whether I have metastatic breast cancer. Head's in a funny place. Can't plan, can't think about the future. Have started Zoladex but haven't started arimidex (next week). Mistletoe treatment continuing - have another injection this week. Am sure it is helping me 'to cope'. Have daughter and grandchildren staying for a few days - lovely to have normality/distraction of young children and 7 month old! love and hugs
maggyxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies - All fine here. Bev Know what you mean about wanting it all past with, i've got to wait until April for mine. New job sounds exciting Wendy..... don't do too much though. Thinking of you M, hope you're ok with any /all of the decisions that are being made.

We've booked a late spring break (end of May) for the 4 of us - yep, still the 20 yr old wants to come!! Still have it at the back of my mind that there's a mammo between now and then, still after 3 yrs i struggle with forward planning.

Thinking of you all.x
barneyb

Hello everyone. How are you feeling now Maggy? I think I've read on another thread that you're having problems with cording, did you manage to get an appointment with a physio?
Wendy - hope you managed to get done all you needed to do, you sound to be very busy.
I've got my appointments through, mammo on 7th March and consultant on 18h March. Just wanting to get them over and done with.
Pam, Lynn and anyone else reading - hope you're well too. Nice that the nights are drawing out a bit, although longing for some warmer weather.
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I feel I've gone through the menopause twice now and here I am on a cold wintry evening with the wind howling and the hot flushes so far away....
And yet usually they're well in force by now! Evenings and during the night are my worst times.
I still don't understand what brings them on....
All I know is when you'd quite like a 'warm up' they never ever appear!!!
I'm afraid just typing this outside my main room is like sitting in an ice box! Sorry not to be around as much now but I get so cold just sitting in one place. So typing is kept to a minimum.
Normally I would often sit here and write after midnight as you all know so well...

Maggy I'm sure you're in a mind spin at present.
Hang on in there and keep asking all the questions you need to get the right treatment and follow up for you this second time around. Thinking of you often and sending you very tight hugs Maggy.

How lovely to have those grandchildren with you Pam. I'm sure it's tiring but very very lovely!
Hello Beverley hope you're keeping well and work is ok. Glad it's the weekend at last, I'm sure.....
I've got a full on sort of household weekend with a room to clear before a new bed is delivered!!!
Wish me luck!
My job has a monthly focus so is not full time throughout the month. So don't think I'm too overloaded.
I just have to plan my working schedule more carefully in order to leave enough time (and energy) for this new occupation. I'm trying to keep my life a bit more ordered but I have a feeling my boss will spring next month's work onto me with little notice at all.... So it's in my interest to become more organised and keep my regular work days sane!

I heard from my sister this morning who lives in Spain and she says the sunshine is just a JOY!
She's returned after so much flooding in her area in the Midlands, so I wished her well and hoped we could have some blue skies very soon....
So grey and overcast here in SE.

Love to you all from, Wx
barneyb

Hi Maggy. At least for the moment you have not got to go through chemo, I can imagine your head is all over the place though. My onc told me that the chemo would throw me into an enforced menopause and she was right! After second chemo the hot flushes started. I must admit I had not heard of mistletoe treatment but have since google this and sounds very interesting. Have you started zoladex yet? Sending warm wishes to you that you can get things back on an even keel.
Hope all reading this are ok.
Beverley xx

meggy

Hi there. Not sure where I am at the moment. Onc didn't want to push chemo - not enough evidence of potential benefit with this sort of recurrence. So relieved at present that this isn't on the 'menu'. He has recommended zoladex to put me incontroversially into menopause, then arimidex or some other AI. Haven't got a date for the scans yet. Started mistletoe treatment today - that's exciting!
Hope everyone is OK. Sounds like you are very busy Pam with your lovely grandkids. And Wendy sounds even more busy! Hope you are doing fine Bev - yes I'm dreaming of summer too....Hope weather has improved with you Lynn
hugs
Maggyxx

barneyb

Hello everyone. Also thinking of you Maggy, hope the appointment went well yesterday, just remember we're here for you.
Sounds like you've got your hands full Pam with your grandchildren, I bet they bring you so much pleasure.
Another one here who is glad to see the back of the snow, however we have gales and rain at the moment, oh roll on summer!
Beverley xx

Petal5

Hi. Do hope that your appointment went as well as it could Maggy. I was thinking about you. When you are ready do come on and tell us.

How is the job this week Wendy? I have left targets, outcomes etc well behind. I must admit I love not working though I am keeping very busy looking after grandchildren. Did three days last week and due to do two this week!

I hated driving in all the snow. Getting to the main roads that had been gritted was a nightmare. So glad that it has gone for now.

Love to all reading.
Pam x

barneyb

Hi ladies. Maggy - good luck for Tuesday with the onc, I'm sure you will have a clearer picture of what has happened/happening after your appointment. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions, I know I used to think that some of the questions I asked were silly and trivial but my onc was great and very honest and told me everything I needed to know. Will be thinking of you on Tuesday.
Wendy - well your first week of your new job is over and you made it! It's very hard trying to make the right impression when you start something new, sounds a good job but quite challenging I would think. Fingers crossed your second week is a little easier.
Snow just about gone now from here. Friday night was terrible, we had about 8 inches of snow in 4 hours. It looked very pretty but glad the big thaw has kicked in.
Love and hugs to Pam, Lynn and Cat and anyone else reading this. Have a pleasant Sunday.
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sending love and hugs to everyone else here.
Just started a new job this week and it's taken it out of me, as I prepare to be super organised/brilliant and indispensable!!!
Next month I'll be calmer if I get the right feed back from my boss!
It's like passing a test!
You know how it is at the beginning, trying to impress everyone you're just like SUPERWOMAN!
Will I get employed for the second month????
It's another job within education but working for a charity. It involves some research & planning and then sending my results in once a month that have to cover every aspect of the National Curriculum. Lots of targets to reach/outcomes and all that jargon I thought I'd left behind years ago!!! (Pam will understand!)

Wx

Hope everyone is coping...
and keeping warm! Getting a lot warmer here.
Guest user
Not applicable

Relief it's over I'm sure but still lots of further confusion....
Not easy for you knowing you have to keep on waiting. Hope the Tuesday meeting brings you real understanding of what's actually going on... and then with the professionals you'll be better placed to plan your next step.

Thinking of you lots recently.
Hoping you're able to cope with it all. Such a nightmare for you, Maggy.

Sending you a tight squeeze from down here in the SE.
Lots of love, Wx
meggy

Hi
Had drain out yesterday - what a relief - found out that 2 out of 24 nodes were positive - now going to have CT scan & bone scan, and appt with oncologist on Tues. Arm quite painful with cording but hoping exercises will help. I don't really know whether this is classed as a regional recurrence or the result of a false negative from the SNB at original treatment. Very confusing.
Hope Feb 10 ladies all doing well.
love & hugs
maggy

barneyb

Hello ladies
Maggy - hope you are feeling ok now that the surgery is over, hope the drain isn't too much of a bother. Are you back for the results in a couple of weeks? It's understandable how you are feeling, sending you lots of love.
Pam - pleased to hear that your mammo was clear, at least you didn't have to wait too long for the results.
Still waiting for my appointments to come through, it's 3 years tomorrow since dx, been having some very strange dreams this week, must be all connected.
Snow flurries here, calm before the storm I think!!
Beverley xx

Petal5

Hi Maggy. Glad your surgery is done. Hope the drain isn't too much of a problem. At least being on your own means you can get all the rest to recuperate that you need. When do you go back for results?
Yes very cold here too Beverley. Looks like more snow arriving on Friday.
I saw my breast surgeon's registrar yesterday and he told me my mammo was clear so fingers crossed I don't have to see anyone now until next year.
Love to all, Pam x

meggy

Hi - had full axillary clearance yesterday afternoon. Back home feeling sore with a drain attached for the next 10 days! In general not feeling too bad but really missed my (soon to be ex) husband being around for support and comfort. Feeling a bit of a wuss. Took me back into the 'being abandoned' mindset which I have been working so hard to change. Oh well - my friends and daughters have been really great. So, back to waiting for the results.....! Looks like I might be in for more treatment. But I know from all of you that its do-able.
Hope all your checks are going well...
love
Maggyxx

barneyb

Good morning everyone. Very cold here -5 at the moment! Bet it's probably worse where you are Lynn.
Also been wondering about Maggy, hope things are going ok, from your earlier post I think you might have had surgery now? Thinking of you.
Still waiting for appointments for annual checks. Have you had results back Pam and Lynn or is it too early?
Keep warm everyone
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies - just checking in to see how Maggy is doing, want you to know i'm thinking of you. Have you been back in surgery yet? is it more chemo after that or rads?
Pam - getting a mammo first then a consultation seems a very sensible way to do it, but not how its done in my hospital! Hope it all went well. Bev - hope you've got settled back in work after your long break. Wendy, have you get any big plans for 2013?
Lynn x
Guest user
Not applicable

Pam, hope your mammogram went well last week.
It's that time of year when there are an awful lot of reminders for many of you.....
Your tale Pam sounds so treacherous! How wonderfully supportive your children were then and hopefully continue to be so now as you continue the same journey.
They sound so lovely I really envy you that support.
I'm the odd one out as my Feb surgery was the third attempt to rid me of BC so my dx was back in August but mx finally in February. I have appt for check up in March with my surgeon and mammo in Sept. now.
Last year, it was a high alert as I had to have tests for bone deterioration in my spine just opposite my mx site but it was found to be part of my osteoporosis. I am shrinking nicely and developing a widow's hump!!!
They said it was good news!
You have to laugh sometimes!!??!!

Good luck to everyone with their annual check ups. It's not an easy anniversary is it?
Hope everyone's coping with the memories and those of you with additional check ups/procedures do let us know how you're managing. We might be able to help in a small way.

Tight hugs to you all from quite a chilly South East!
Dark and dreary here today all day.......

Wx

Thinking of you Maggy.
Petal5

Glad your check up went well Lynn. My hospital likes to have mammo first then you get the results from the breast surgeon when you see him. Just got a letter changing that appointment for the third time. Fortunately only by one day! Hate the waiting between mammo and results.
Mild here as well Beverley. I will always remember the terrible weather when I had my first lot of surgery (wle) three years ago today. There was heavy snow the day before (that was the night lots of shoppers couldn't get home from John Lewis in High Wyconme and slept in their bed department). My daughter was due to take me in but couldn't get along the M4 because of blizzards so my son came down from Northampton in his 4x4. The roads were deserted down to High Wycombe. Only saw one police range rover. Even in his car we were all over the road several times and the journey took hours down to Wycombe. Don't want to ever do that again.
Hope you are doing ok Maggy.
Pam x

barneyb

Hi everyone. Lynn pleased the annual check went well, it's a scary time though. I'm due mine in Feb with mammo in March, if they do it the same as last year. Strange how we too are a different way round to Pam. Pam hoping the results of yours will be good.
Back to work on Monday for me, after having nearly 3 weeks off, it will come as a shock! In the process of taking decorations and cards down before tackling the food shopping. Can't believe how mild it is, there's bound to be a sting in the tale soon and we'll see some snow!
Hope you are ok Maggy, thinking of you.
Love to all
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies - 3yrs tomorrow since DX for me. Annual check today went well - i'm so pleased, well as much as one can be with just a physical exam. You might remember we've got a different frequency for mammograms so not due another one until April, so i guess not entirely out of the woods. I may decide to have my implant replaced as its become quite mishapen, one to ponder in the next few months.

Good luck for your results Pam when they come. Thinking of you M - let us know how you are. Hi to everyone and lots of love and good wishes.x
Petal5

Hi everyone. Happy New Year to you all. Let's hope for a good year for us all. It's good to see that the support we gave each other three years ago is still as strong as ever.
Had my mammogram this morning now have to wait until I see my surgeon in a couple of weeks for the result.
When do you have your op Maggy?
Love to all. x

meggy

Thank you so much everybody for your support. I can't tell you how blessed I feel having people rooting for me. I guess I'm in a different mental space these days - I'm treating this recurrence as another lesson for me in this life. I have been given many lessons over this past year in addition to the primary diagnosis which we all faced and we came through our mastectomies and recovery times. I have read Anita Moorjani's book 'Dying to be me' which has completey inspired me. My lesson is that I must learn to love myself - now - before its too late!! (I know that sounds a bit weird).
Its that time of year isn't it with anniversaries of operations & scans & check ups. We're such a strong group of women - as all the others are on this site. I'm amazed that I'm still talking to friends on here 3 years on... thank you so much
Maggyxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I'll be thinking of you both Cat and Lynn on Friday and hoping all news will be good.
Maggie I keep thinking of you and remembering how we nearly met at Hereford??
Hope you are coping at this time. Strength being sent via the ether to you.....

Pam and Beverley as the old stalwarts we are, hoping you're both ok in your respective worlds.
Our thread hasn't been this busy in years...
How sad that it's bad news and scares that are bringing us together. Remember we're here for good news too!

Happy New Year to you all.
Wishing it's a calm healthy year for us all bringing real contentment.
Love and tight hugs from Wx
barneyb

Happy New Year from me too. Lynn and Cat will be thinking of you both on Friday. Maggy you have been on my mind constantly, sending you lots of love. Wendy and Pam hope you are ok after all the festivities.
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Happy new year everyone - absolutely routing for you Margaret, reach out anytime you need. Cat - you've got a scan on Friday, i've got my annual check up, hoping for good news for both of us. I know exactly what you mean about any kind of medical intervention ,check, scan whatever it is really distressing. x
barneyb

Hello everyone. It is sad to read old names through sad news but want to re-iterate and say to Maggy that we are all here for you in whatever happens. Wendy is right, people forget the fear we all live with that we will have a recurrance or spread. Cat hope your scans go ok, fingers crossed for you.
Wendy - I was a bit exhausted after such a hectic December! It was well worth it though. Christmas was very enjoyable. Unfortunately I do think back to three years ago as I discovered the lump on Boxing Day, and although Christmas is a favourite time it always brings all those memories flooding back. No doubt there will be a few tears tonight when the New Year chimes in.
Love to all friends posting or just reading and a wish for us all to have a happy and healthy New Year.
Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Cat, sorry to hear about your scans too. Such scary times for you.
Do hope you can feel reassured soon.
Do you still have any contact with Annette?
Is she ok?
It all seemed terribly sad for her with everything she was losing with her Mum and sister, and then distress with her son. And then she disappeared from the forum and we were all so worried about her.
I do hope she's feeling stronger.
Would love to hear from you Annette if you're able to....
I'm afraid I've lost your e-mail address or I would have been in touch before.
You know where I am. Get in touch any time....
Or maybe come down to Whitstable again....

Lots of love to everyone.
Pam I hope those babies are growing big and strong.
Beverley, hope you weren't too exhausted for Christmas celebrations
and Lynn, great to hear you're ok.

Tight hugs for you all.

Wx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone I'm just checking back in after Christmas and found the array of news.
So sad to read all the old names but through bad news.
Really sorry to read your dx Maggy. What a bummer! Especially when youare feeling so physically well. I just hope that your strength will help you through these events again.
Feeling alone with it all is simply horrid but we're all here for you as Pam has already stated.
Through thick and thin, some of us are still lurking amongst the debris of the old/new forum!!!
Like you Maggy I have had two lumps in my armpit since the summer. Both were benign but hideous to feel back in that waiting room again. I found it so awful and people had no idea how devastating it all was. People seem to forget so quickly how scared we are about it returning but feeling 'scared shitless' again was very true for me!!!
As a consequence of such a total lack of empathy I have lost an old friend which has upset me greatly. She was very healthy and maybe couldn't understand but we all hope our true friends will, don't we?
It's not easy when people around you don't understand... Then when I found another lump in exactly the same spot in November I thought they'd made a mistake but there it was, yet again!
This time it became septic and after three weeks of daily 'clearing/cleaning' it's healing again. However, I was an outrageous patient and kept on fainting or fighting the nurses 'to get off me!' They were very rough at times and I am such a WIMP!!!
My surgery was a doddle when I compared it with their daily attacks! I can cope so much better whilst under anaesthetic. I'm sure the staff can too!!!

Strange to have a new purple scar again.....
Back to the Bio oil maybe????

2012 has been a traumatic year in lots of ways because of my mental health and the trips back to breastcare mostly. I just feel I'm swaying any way the chemicals want to challenge me...
Been feeling quite angry about the lack of self-control. I want to be back in charge!
I'm sure that's how you feel Maggy.
Let us know how you're getting on when you feel you can. I'm so sorry your journey recently has been so rocky but well done for learning to live without your partner this past year. You've done amazingly well and you will cope with this in the same way.
Go girl!!!

Love to everyone as we leave 2012. Good health and spirit for all of us in 2013.

Speak soon Wx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Maggy,
i too just check occasionally and saw your post. Sorry to hear about the break up of your marriage as well as you recurrence. I hope all other scans are negative. I had full node clearance at the time of my mx and was back driving within about 10 days. My only advice is I think it's very important to do the exercises as much as you can as soon after the op as possible in order to regain full movement. Much love sent you way.
I'm doing ok, but for the past 2 months have had back issues that come and go but recently have got worse especially at night, So bad some nights it keeps me awake. So I know I should either see my GP or call the BCN but really don't want to go down the scan route again. I have to have my third follow up CT scan of my lungs on Friday to check once again that the spot they saw on my left lung last January is just damage from Rads ( had second one in July and it hadn't changed then). I find having scans really stressful and in my experience never seem to be clear cut.
Lyn, Bev and Pam good to hear you are all ok and wishing you all a happy new year!
Cat xxxx
meggy

thanks Pam 🙂 xx

Petal5

So sorry that you have had bad news Maggy. Do remember you are not alone. We are here for you still. We helped each other through before and we will do it again. Lots of love to you and to all still posting. xxx

meggy

Hi - thanks Bev & Lynn for your words. After I was discharged from all further check ups in April this year, I was simply told to watch out for odd pain that lasted more than two weeks, and for any lumps in arm pit or above breast bone. I did used to check but can't say I did it religiously. Anyway at end of November I was itchy around the scar of my SNB and then I felt a very small lump underneath. Because I had been discharged from hosp care I had to go back to GP and get 2 week referral to breast clinic. The lump was difficult to biopsy so it took several tries to get the results back. So here I am. Next thing is the FAC, then back to oncology to face the music. I think recurrence in axilla after negative SNB is quite rare (1-3% - whatever that means). I feel very well in myself (physically) so its really strange..... I want to retain this feeling of wellness and not let the BC soup into my head - if you know what I mean - I think we all work hard (and have worked hard) to recover 'ourselves'. xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi M - Can't tell you how sorry i am to hear about your recurrence, i popped on to see if there was any news, not really expecting there to be any, so sorry and also hate the thought of you feeling alone, if there's anything i can do at all, anything a phone call an e mail anything please let me know. How did you find out, did you have symptoms? what's been said this time about treatment?

Bev, Pam and everyone else, hello, good to hear from you. I hope all is well with you all. x
barneyb

Hello everyone. It's been such a long time since I've posted, I have checked on the BC site every so often but only just seen your posts Maggy, Lynn and Pam from before Christmas. I must have missed them as I did check on here over Christmas but only really look at the first page and to be honest still finding difficulties with the new site. That is nothing compared to your post Maggy, I'm really sorry to hear your results were not good news and all the other things happening in your life. Words seem inadequate I know at a time like this but so sorry to hear you're having to have another operation and also your mother's diagnosis. Rest assured that if there is anything we can do or say on here, we will.
Beverley xx

meggy

Thank you for your love and best wishes. My news is not good 3 years on - but that's just me. we're all different. Got results yesterday - recurrence in axilla - quite rare I think after negative nodes at initial treatment. having full axillary clearance in just over two weeks. can't quite believe it! feeling very alone, because I am alone now, and not telling family as my mother's just been diagnosed with acute myleloid leukaemia and we're all trying to support her & my father (both 87). I need to be able to hide the fact I'm having yet another operation and won't be able to drive for abit... any hints?! Sorry to post sad news.
New year good wishes to you all
love
maggyx

Petal5

Hi Maggy and Lynn. I too haven't looked on here for ages but just felt drawn tonight and saw your posts. I do hope that your tests come back with good news Maggy. Like Lynn I am due my annual mammogram and check up in early January. Always a thought provoking time.
Well here's to a happy 2013 for us all.
Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello to anyone checking in on our thread - i wanted to wish everyone Happy Christmas, here's hoping good health for all of us. This is the first i've been on for ever such a long time but still i think of you all often. Maggy i do hope your results are favourable, i'm sending you lots of love. I have a check up earl;y January, 3yrs after diagnosis - so hope all is good, the power of it still to "scare you to bits" is still there. Sendi ng you all my love and best wishes. L.x
Jo_BCC

Hi Maggy,

Nice to see you posting again. Don't forget if you need some extra support or someone to talk to then the helpline staff are only a free phone call away, 0808 800 6000.

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

meggy

Hi girls - its Maggy again - back after long absence! I will read through all the posts to catch up with your news. I just thought I would touch base again. I can't remember when I last posted and what particular things were going on - I'm living on my own now (with my 14 yr old) - my husband left me in the summer for someone else - he's come and gone a bit over the autumn but the divorce is underway now. I'm back in the BC system again - being investigated for secondary spread. Despite all of this I am feeling stronger mentally than I have for a v long time. Sending all best wishes and love
Maggy

Guest user
Not applicable

hello ladies, am new to this but you all sound friendly and need some empathy at the moment. had L mastectomy on 4th september, feel i am recovering well but have felt abandoned by professionals at times but don't know if i am being soft. am not usually like this. have had great support from family and friends but sometimes have felt like i want to be "looked after". lost my husband 11 months before surgery so i know this has affected my experience.i am a nurse and at times felt like it was expected that i would know what to do and i didn't. feel after care could be better.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi cat
I am going in on thursday the 18th of oct, for my masectomy on left breast and all lymph nodes removed i have had a lumpectomy and some nodes removed on the 24th sept, and like you i am very scared of the results after this surgery if you would like to chat contact me please and good to all yu wonderful brave ladies on here god bless xxx liz
Petal5

Hi everyone.
Happy Birthday Beverley. Hope that you are doing something nice!

Great that you found that elusive sunshine Wendy and missed the awful floods. it must be so devasting to have everything ruined in that way. Try not to overdo things now that you have had some r and r.

My building work has started so not looking forward to the next three weeks. I hate all the mess associated with any alterations. Won't feel the house is my own until it is all finished.

How are you Lynn? How is the diet? Mine went by the wayside in the last few weeks so must try harder.

I had a few days away meeting my latest grandchild. I love the snuggly cuddles that you get from tiny babies. Such precious moments.

Had my dexa bone scan to check for bone thinning because of the arimidex. Have to wait three weeks for the results back at my GP's. Also I have booked in to have my areola tattooing done at the end of the month. Can't wait to be finally "finished" with the recon. It's been a long road but worth it.

Love to you all.
Pam x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone,
I'm back from my sunshine holiday in Spain where on my returning day there was torrential rain and of course if you've read the papers you'll know that this rain has continued to some dreadful flooding....
There we were watching the BBC news about awful flooding in Northern England and then Southern Spain gets their deluge too! All very weird. My b-i-l had a golfing programme planned for this week and it's all been cancelled. I'm not sure whether my family will eventually return home early if this torrential ran does not cease....
However, one day we ventured out for a short drive along the coast when I witnessed a forest fire on tinder-box dry vegetation. It was so scary as it crept so near to homes and businesses. The helicopters were very busy scooping up sea water to douse the flames and the fire services were immediate in their actions but it was terrifying to witness from the motorway as the smoke just hit traffic like a dense wall! All very extreme!
Had a lovely week of heat (although quite humid for me!) relaxation, swimming every day (although the pool was getting cooler each day. I'm surprised you didn't hear my squeals!) reading, eating and drinking.
It was lovely and such a comparison from my hectic summer.
Now back to work and deadlines and not having enough time to do everything.....
I'm also procrastinating as I have the accounts to do this weekend for my Cancer Support group where I am the treasurer. Book-keeping is not my forté and I'm too scared to even attempt the juggling of figures as last year it took hours and hours of calculator activity. It just never ever seemed to balance!
Hey ho, I've scrubbed cupboards and cooked meals for the freezer rather than begin the big count.....
I've only got a few hours of today left and I'm still avoiding the task by writing to you....
Just one more cup of tea and some TV viewing of X Factor before hitting the figures! Wish me luck!

Hope everyone continues to be ok and enjoying these early Autumn days....
I know I'm freezing already and I may just succumb to the heating to help with my counting skills!
Keep warm everyone. I could actually do with a few tropical flushes at the moment just to bring some colour into my toes and fingers.
Any to spare? Looking at you Beverly!!!

Tight hugs from Wendy xx