75.1K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2016 starters

Re: February 2016 starters

Brilliant!!!! I bought a couple of scarf tripe hat things also checkout the bamboo hate they r gorgeous... Xxxxx

Hair is dropping quickly now.....sitting on the sofa running my hands through leaves me a huge pile of sad looking hair. Had a wig fitting today what a laugh......one made me look like cousin it from the Adams Family! She's coming back on Monday Sith different ones! 

Sounds great... I'm all up for freebies 😉
I want that arm warmer.. The cold feeling is a little unnerving! I have Chemo privately and they didn't offer it to me.. I had a towel over mine 😩
I contacted a unit today at the hospital which provides massage/ reiki/ beauty and even art classes... I have so much time on my hands I'm hoping to make the most of it. Have any of you heard of the Willow foundation? They are a charity that provide days out for seriously Ill people (even now I don't feel comfortable with the category) you can apply online.

Good luck Sue... Strangely my SA were milder just lasted bit longer with 2nd so keep an open mind... They may be kind to u ❤️

Hi sue
Yes would like to know your ok and how your doing tomorrow. Hope he looks after you when you get home and get pampered! Xxxx will be thinking of you xxxxx

Hi ladies off for my second chemo tomorrow 😳 house work done as the old man dont know what a hoover or washing machine is. will let you know how it goes if you a

want me to. just not looking forward to the 5 days after 😁😁😁😁.

sue x x x 

Hi All, I went to a 'Looking Good, Feeling Better' pamper session at the hospital today. If you get the chance to attend one do go! It was great fun and informative. How to care for your skin and do your makeup, making the most of your eyes etc and what to do if you lose your eyelashes &/or eyebrows. You are given a fabulous 'goody bag' with lots of excellent products that you use during the session. I would thoroughly recommend it if there is an opportunity near you.

Hugs to all. Xxx

I'm really feeling the cold with less hair so I wear two hats during the day and a sleeping hat at night.

I could not cold cap because I hate the cold so much.  On the chemo unit they give me a lovely arm warmer for when they put the drugs into me.  I figure if we have to have chemo we may as well be comfortable 🙂

My fave is Cardani for headvovers.com it's 95% bamboo and feels lovely... Slightly rouched so doesn't feel like a swim cap and sits nicely under scarfs/ bobble hats giving impression could be hair under and make u feel more secure when going out x

Have a lovely time Jan. Xx

I'm off visiting family today, hope you are all ok. Thinking I might wear my wig today as my hair is sooooo thin! You girls cheer me up, one thing about women, we can see the humour in things and we are so good at supporting each other when we feel down. 

Big Hugs Xxxx

Here's a plus of being a baldy....
I had hung some washing out yesterday and I went to throw a bag in my bin outside. My golf ball early warning system fester head could feel fine rain so I brought it all in before a down fall! My how my life has changed..... 🙄👍🏼❤️Xxx

That pretty much sums it up!! I shall say fine with that inner knowledge next time!
Have a brilliant trip and enjoy every minute! Xxxx

Just a quickie for you ladies.
Thinking about Angela's"fine" I read a post from Blossom Hill a really amazing lady . She uses fine but her definition really sums it up 😃.
F - freaked out
I - insecure
N - neurotic
E - emotional
So yep I'm FINE!
Have a fun day all
Just off to pack my passport!
Jan x

Hello ladies really fab reading everything this morning. I haven't lost weight put it on as sissy said I can loose it after. Similar strange cravings but lots of carbs pizza etc. Think partly put weight on as I'm not going to the gym. Emma I didn't go cold cap decided it would go anyway but some people do manage to keep hair it felt least of my worries and wanted everything zapped too but it personal preference. People who love you just see you anyway ( it's me who sees fester on bad days!) leonine those soft caps sound brilliant I'm going to have a look on Amazon! xxxxx Thankyou I feel all smiley reading everyone's dittos this morning! Xxxxx

Ha ha Daisy!!

Morning 😃
I am sooo excited even this heavy rain is not going to spoil it. Off to Amsterdam with my two lovely daughters! Not seen the youngest since Christmas. Travelling overnight so going to rest as much as possible this morning.

Emmajane good luck. Sissy is right just go with your body. I have eaten many more carbs than usual and I have put on weight. It did get me down to start with but now like sissy it is something I can sort later. I know my problem is much more to do with reduced exercise. I try to walk as much as possible but I have dropped most of my activities I will pick them up again.
Lellie I think we all see the consultant to check ses after first one. I did but I wont see him again until fourth one now. Hospitals vary greatly.
Angela I don't really understand the chemical make up but assume we are having basically the same though you get the extra F. I did ask why that particular mix but was told that's what I need! Not particularly helpful. This second cycle has hit me hard 13 days before I started to feel ok and so tired. I think my frustration led to overdoing things which made me tired so going to try to it differently next cycle. I know what you mean about saying"fine" become synonymous with"stupid question" in my head. Glad you have lots of support added to the true understanding found on here you really will be "fine" 😊.
Hi to all our Feb ladies hope you are all ok and doing whatever makes you smile.
Big hugs
Jan x

Its a pleasure we do need to lighten our load some days lol lol 😝😝😝😝

Daisy you make me laugh! 😄😀😀😀😄👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Ps
Emmajane
I lost a lot of weight before I started treatment and even won 2nd prize in works weight loss club! I have only lost 2lbs between 1st and 2nd treatment and am trying to eat regularly to stave off the sick feeling. Hoping to put some weight on so they can use the tissue to build me some new breasts. I didn't go for cold cap as just wanted them to zap every cell in my body, follicles and all... I don't like not having hair but I dislike Cancer more ❤️

I am 8 days into my second FEC and although my tummy feels gripey and can't stop thinking about food!!! ESP this morning I would love a pepperoni pizza for breakfast!
The witches comment made me laugh!! That's exactly what I look like.. I bought some bamboo cotton caps to wear at home and they are so soft and comfy (Amazon) and wear a scarf out or my wig for the first time yesterday 😁
I always have bloods taken and consultant appointment day before chemo too. He's just checking how I'm getting on and measures the lump to see if it has shrunk.
Hope everyone has a lovely day ❤️
Leonie xxx

Have u lost weight? A friend of mine lost 12 kg... I've made loads of plate ups and got a second freezer for the garage coming today! My first session is tomo so I will drink loads today!! I have the new patient talk today. I have a list of questions ready! Think I've decided against cold cap but will see what they say xxxx

Hi ladies just put a picture on for you all hope it makes you laugh 

x x x 

image.jpeg

Hi ladies,

ive finished the FEC part of my chemo, each cycle I had cravings for different types of food. The first one was herbal tea and cheese and tomato on crackers, the second was mini milk ice lollies and strong tasting foods like marmite, the third one was a mixture of the first two cycles. I tend to really crave carbs and when I wanted to eat I had whatever I fancied........kfc, pizza and fish and chips! I always make sure I drink at least 2 litres of fluid the day before, day of and day after chemo. Lemon squash mixed with soda was a fave. I'm trying not to worry about my weight as I can get a grip of that once chemo is done. Xx

That's great!! Thanks xxxxx

Hi Jan, I have been looking at earlier threads, in the hope of finding light at the end of the tunnel! It's a relief to know that there is lots of support from people who actually know what your body's going through. I have lots of support from family and friends but you feel obliged to say you're "fine". I had a small lump of cheese last night, thought it might taste ok, had such bad indigestion for hours after it, thought I was having a heart attack!!  Think I'm coming through the worst, now 6 days post second treatment and I've got off the sofa.  how are you doing? Is my 6 x FEC the same as your 6 x EC?

Angela

P.s Emma when you go for your chemo ask for a prescription for your wig. They give you a form all signed which you take to a wig shop who does NHS say for around £65 to £70. Xx

Hi daddy
Yes the film the witches haha perfect just like me wearing mine yesterday. Went out for tea and I itched my head and it fell off was very funny haga I'm laughing now!! Emma yeah drink as much water as you can it helps. Well the wig prescription. I got was for around 60 pound. However!! There wernt many for that and the one I got was another £66 on top!! Not great considering in reality it looks more ferrile to me haga! Got z life of its ow. But ok under a hat!
My taste didn't change much till this second one. Now it seems to be icecream that tastes ok! Everything else is rather perculiar. I wouldn't worry about food your body tells you what it wants you to eat! I've had the strangest tea that I couldn't admit too haha. Daisy hunts golf hat sounds good to me! Shall we hire a mini bus and all run away!! Xxxxx

Thanks for the water tip! I drink gallons of squash in a day! I think I dreamed that we got a free wig???? On NHS?? Can't c it must have been a dream lol. I had hair cut short 2 weeks ago in prep... I'm Fec and I think it comes out with that cold cap or not...?? Pineapple I've heard is fab and I've asked for cordedol mouthwasj on prescription... Can try for nowt!! XXXX

Well ladies today i had enough of my scraggy hair, cut most of the bits off just waiting untill the weekend for my son to shave it off. i face timmed my son and he made me laugh, he said mum you look like a real hard nut lol lol he said i could head but someone. lol lol lol my 17 month old grandson thought i look funny he was having a giggle, bless him. Has anyone seen the film the witches? well if they do a follow up i am a going to audtion for a part. 🃏

Got a wig but my heads a bit sore at the moment so i am wearing my old mans wolly golf hat 🏌

this week seems to be flying past the more i dont want thursday to come the quicker its getting here.

x x x x 

Hi Emmajane, I was signed off as soon as I started treatment too. I run the Medical Centre at a boarding School. Although I am a nurse it is a totally new thing for me and sometimes a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing! Like you I was really keen to get started and it wasn't too bad. Let's hope number 2 isn't worse?!

Take care all xxx

All here not all hell! Typo!

Aww you can join in as much as you like! Yeah I work in school too Emma so we're off for a while eh! Hope Thursday goes ok. I didn't go for cold cap either they said the tac chemo I'm having there was no point! I lost my hair around day 17 but the thought was harder than the event. I bought a wig yesterday. I must say me and my partner did laugh lots in the shop! One wig was a real cave woman moment.
Let us know how you are on Thursday. Drink lots of water and we will all hell with the side effects if you get some. Daisy hope round two goes ok xxxxx

Daisy I bet u look beautiful. What a pretty name. Have u got any nice scarves?? I had a little look in the shop at the Hosp. I start on thursday... Xxx I couldn't find the march thread so I'm joining u love my ladies I hope that's ok?! I'm only a little bit behind!! Lol that's me all over 😜

Hello ladies can I join in...?? I have my first chemo on Thursday, I have the new patient talk tomo. Decided pretty much against the cold cap as I think with Fec u loose it anyway???? Yes a funny name for it and indeed apt... I'm not nervous oddly just want to get on with it now. The only thing that worries me is infection... I've been signed off as I teach year 1. Xxx

I always see the consultant Wednesday and then have chemo Friday. Yeah they will just be checking your doing ok and that your white cells are ok etc before your next one. Normal to over think I think if I could stop doing that I'd be able to sleep again!! Oh roll on the summer eh! Sending a hug and here's to us!!!

Hi Sal, I am having bloods done on Thursday so I suppose the consultant appointment is to check how I was with the first session? I am probably 'over thinking' the whole thing! Luckily I wasn't too bad so I'm hoping that (if my bloods are ok) the next session will go ahead just like the first. Xx

Hi Lellie
Yes always see mine just before chemo to check that bloods come back ok and to look at how the chemo side effects were in case they need to tweet anything and make sure your ok. Xxxx

Hi Sue,

What with the forum and BC its steep learning curve! I am having my 2nd FEC (my Irish friend thinks that's an hilarious name and very apt!!?) on Friday and, like you, am not looking forward to it! I have been lucky and am feeling well this week.

I have been losing quite a lot of hair for the last 3-4 days and so had a number 2 today. Everyone says it looks really good (like M (Judy Dench) in James Bond) but I am NOT convinced!! Definitely think I will wear a scarf or hat tomorrow when I see the Consultant at the hospital. Apart from anything else it's very drafty!! 

Do other people always see their consultant before each chemo session? Hope there is nothing to worry about? 

Had lunch out with friends on Monday and will be out again on Thursday, there are some benefits to not working!

Hope you are all coping? Xx

Hi daisy
Your always missed! Welcome back to Feb! Yeah I also am having a few Fester moments from the Adams family! Especially in the mornings when I wake up. Think the post man thinks I'm very strange hehe! Hope second round goes ok. Xxxx

Hi ladies, what a wally i am i have been putting my messages on march thread 🤓. no wonder no one knows who i am. i take it you have not missed me 🤗 i am getting in aright mess with this forum stuff 😍 so please be patient with me as i do need your support. 

i am sick to death of feeling tired. i have got my second chemo thursday not looking forward to it one bit. i am finding it hard at the moment like you i lost all my hair now and think i look 😪😪😪😪 like a freak.

sending you hugs

sue x x 

Yes it's because my white counts dropped on FEC that they have changed me to weekly. I think in general the risk of neutropenia is higher on tax than FEC so that's why the plan has changed.

Hi Mmey,

They say that the side effects of paclitaxel can be less than for docetaxal so maybe they think you can recover faster and so finish the course earlier??

Just thinking out loud,

Ali xx

Just a quick catch up.

i had my second FEC yesterday.  I was given a dose reduction on the epirubicin so my side effects are less so far.  Hopefully this will avoid neutropenia happening again, although I hope the chemo will still work.

They want me to have paclitaxel weekly rather than 3 weekly docetaxal after fec3.  Is anyone else having weekly tax?

Hello everyone.
Hope you have a great time in Amsterdam Jan. This second one ( tac is anyone having tac?) was harder like most of you and felt more out of it for longer and think emotionally things have bee harder to manage especially feeling like I've turned into a useless lump And wanting my energy back!!! . I bought a wig yesterday which is ok but itchy! Not sure I'll be adorning if too often. Third for most of us coming up and yes that half way marker! Taste really changed this time and longing to just feel normal when I wake up and jog to the gym...... Hehe ok I never jogged there, drive....
That's it me done had my first sleep through with a sleeping pill last night for what feels like months!!!! May celebrate with ice cream. Cadburys Mr wonkas tubs seem to be only thing I like to eat. I'm going away for week on 25th March to get away so hope im feeling up to it and fog has gone after next cooking! Here's to all of us keep going! Sal xxxx

Hi Jan, 

hope you have a lovely break with your girls, you really deserve it. The second made me feel tired and emotional but I did change my anti sickness which did make me drowsy as stated on the box !!!!!!!

My hair is still there but I have lost 60%, I actually braved wearing my wig out to walk the dog last night and popped in to see my step son and girlfriend, they loved my hair shorter and couldn't believe it was a wig. Going out for afternoon tea so will wear it today, just got to get used to it and feel confident. 

How is everyone getting on? I have my 3rd fec next week then half way there. 

I really want to book a break in Dorset to have something to look forward to, will speak to oncologist to see when my treatment is ending and surgery dates etc. 

I hope you all have a nice day, sending Big Hugs 

Carol XXXX 💐

Morning Angela
I am having 6 cycles of EC and I have found the second one much more" challenging". Like you I am hoping they at least level out from here. Try reading some of the earlier starters, November, December, January. Their experiences may help. I have been following them but have found very few people on EC.
Glad you have joined our group ( but not the reason why ), now you have started keep talking to us we will get through it together.
Sending hugs
Jan x

Hi emmajane
When's your first one? Xxxx

Hi, I'm a February starter, just had second session of FEC, first one wasn't too bad but this time there has been more side effects. Do these level out or just get worse with every session? It's been a real help seeing what everyone's going through, I must admit I started off with a real "gung ho" attitude, it won't get me beat, but I'm exhausted already !

@Kayak Jan wrote:
I have my first chemo session on 2nd February so thought I would star a new thread.
I don't really want to welcome ladies to this group in truth none of us want to be here but if you are a February starter lets work through this together.
Jan

Victoria Derbyshire's last chemo!

http://bbc.in/1LL9YQT