75.1K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2016 starters

Re: February 2016 starters

Morning ladies, it seems pretty quite on the forum lately. How are you all doing. I had my 3 red chemo last Thursday and I am now getting the rotten side effects. Sore throte, feeling tired, hate the steroids, and the injections what do these things do to us. My legs are like jelly sick and tired of it all got no life at the moment. Fed up with having to rely on other people. 😪😪😪😪😪😪

and to think I have got to put up with this untill Christmas 2016. 

Sorry to go on but getting so Feb up with it all.

😢😢😢😢😢😢

Hi All, 

I have been out and about this week but have found I need t rest more often. Broke a tooth today so have to visit dentist tomorrow!!!!!! Just one more problem. I am not looking forward to changing to 'T' this week, but have to think of it as only having 2 more sessions after that. I had ultrasound last week and lymph node has shrunk by half and 2 out of the 3 lumps have gone so I know the treatment is working. 

Will be thinking of you on Tuesday Jan....keep going and stay strong. 

Big Hugs to you all XX 💐

Hi Daisy, they say paint your nails a dark colour as the T makes your body UV sensitive. It tries to protect the nails and nailbeds from infection. The same goes for your toes although you might still be in shoes and socks at this time. Also it's a good idea to bathe them in a tea-tree oil bath or a warm (boiled water cooled down) salt water one to keep them infection free as this sensitivity can give rise to nail infections.

Ali xx

Hi all.
How is everyone? I have been reading the posts and trying to keep up with everyone. I know some of you have had or are about to have cycle 3 I hope the SEs are manageable.
I know that Carol and I have number 4 next week. Hope you have been ok this time Carol.
I have found 3 much easier than second round. Although the general SEs have been less severe this time I am getting increasingly tired. I have had mouth ulcers for most of the time but it is the vein pain in my chemo arm which is causing the biggest problem. I have found keeping it warm helps. I am currently sporting a very fetching knitted arm warmer ( like a leg warmer but shorter 😃). I will ask for some cream or something on Tuesday when I have number 4.
I hope you all had a good Easter and have been able to enjoy some good weather. I have been gardening for a couple of hours each day when the weather permits. Still way behind this year though, my greenhouse is looking very bare. Planning on getting back to it by week 2.
Sending hugs
Jan x

Evening ladies, 3 FEC out the way. One scary moment I was having palpitations don't know if it was caused by the steroids or the chemo. Had to go and have a ecg and all was ok. Got told if I have chest pains or tightness in the chest or rapid heart beats go to AE. This chemo is so scary if it's not one thing it's another. 

I have now had 3 FEC and I have been told my next 3 are the T? I am now wondering what side effects I am going to get from this.😪😪😪😪😪😪.

i was given aspirin in water to rinse my mouth out when it get sore. 

Ho hum life don't get any better.

x X X X 

Evening Ladies, I have not been in print for a while due to Easter etc. Third FEC on Friday (good luck with your treatment tomorrow Daisy) and then I am half way there! Had a PICC line put in yesterday due to rubbish veins so no more needles. I also had a check mammogram and ultrasound which showed it has shrunk by half so all the feeling grotty is worth it!! Now have a clip in situ as a guide during surgery. Looking forward (?) to water ++ tomorrow but as I say it now feels that I am getting somewhere. Hugs to all xx

Good luck tomorrow daisy63!

I shaved mine around the same time best thing I did although it is like velcro lol. And rather cold!

Morning ladies, I am off for my 3rd chemo tomorrow. I rely dont want to go, just starting to feel normal, well as normal as I can get Woman Very Happy Didnt sleep well last night it must have been on my mind. 

My daughter is also going to hospital tomorrow to have the genes  test, I am not carrying it so my fingers are crossed that she is not. as she has 2 daughters. 

Was surposed to be going to Norfolk next week but unfortunatly my daughters pani attacks have come back big time so she is unable to take us. I had to get a letter from my doctor to say I was unfit to travel so she could get her money back, I was well pissed of it cost me £18,00 I had a right moan I said I didnt ask to have cancer so why should I have to pay for the letter.Woman Sad It gets on my wick. Same old excuse (its not the doctors its the NHS) hello why has it got your name on the recipt. So I come out of there with the hump. 

Hope all you ladies are feeling ok. 

I was looking at when you ladies lost your hair mine fell out 2 weeks after 1st treatment. Then got my son to shave the rest off, it was no good saving the trufffty bits lol lol. Now I am a velcro head everything stick lol lol lol. 

Right time to say good bye will post after tomorrows tourture. 

x x x x 

Hi Emmajane I shaved mine just before 2nd cycle and it was the best thing I've done! Hats are great but hopefully getting a wig next week to go out on the razz with! Been worse with SE on 2nd cycle but feeling better today and ready to eat xx

Hi Emmajane

i shaved before my hair started falling out too much, so before my second cycle.  I had my final FEC today but the hair hasn't quite all gone - halfway there for me.

Im sorry that your ex has upset you.  Once you get this treatment over things will be better.

Warcol I'm dreading shaving... Day 2 of hair shedding! I'm holding on until u can really tell. When did u shave??

Thanks xxx in tired tonite think its the hour change. My ex and girls dad gets married next weekend as I have chemo on the Thursday, then they are off to Mexico he had stag do after the last chemo... It's a bit upsetting tbh. But trying not to let it get to me. We have been separated since my little one was 18 months. She's 4 now. He didnt waste any time!!!

Emma Jane first cycle they injected all the chemo from the big syringes straight into the picc line. Second cycle they administered the c part of fec through the syringe driver takes a couple if minutes longer so not a massive difference but made the world of difference to me. I didn't tell them it was just a different nurse with a different way. I will suggest it next time if the nurse doesn't though.

Hi emmajane,

I am not sure about the fuzzy head but I did have a persistent headache which wore me down. I am also very tired. Made up the beds yesterday and was flaked out after 20 minutes, had to sit at the top of the stairs to catch my breath. Am 12 days post chemo 2 and still not quite back to normal. I get a little nauesous (not much) so just take a domperidone as/when I need to. I find it helps. Even went to the cinema last night which was about the most normal thing we've done for ages!

Ali xx

I had the fuzzy head what did they do different?? Did u tell them about it? Xx

Hi since my second cycle all I've done is sleep! Up today and going for Sunday dinner but think once that's done I'll be back to bed! Happy Easter everyone xx

Hi all.
Ali-b I'm on second cycle of fec and all I've done this time is sleep. Spent practically a week in bed just did what my body told me. Been up and about since even to the pub. I had headaches on the first cycle but they administered the chemo slightly different this time and the heads not been anywhere near as fuzzy.

Happy easter everyone try and enjoy your chocolate.... One of the only foods I'm enjoying at the minute!!

Aveeno is amazing u can get it on prescription!!!! My main side affect is eating too much and bad trumps... 😱

No Daisy (not yet anyway, I'm five days behind you), will something with aloe Vera help do you think? I have a plant and it works wonders with sunburn.

Evening ladies has anyone got itchy skin, mine is driving me nuts at the moment.

watery eyes runny nose 😩😩😩😩😩

Hope your all keeping well. X X X 

Hi girls
I'm day 3 after 2nd FEC cycle and this time it's just made me tired! Stayed in bed till 1pm today just so I can go out tonight lol! Food wise I'm eating what I like and so far so good! Hair is now a number 1 all over and it was the best thing I've done so far! May get my wig next week but at moment cool hats all the way! I'm still working as it keeps me going and in hoping to stay as well as I can! Positive thinking and staying strong is my
Motto xxx

As Ali said, the food rules are very similar to pregnancy.  I took a risk with shellfish and got caught.

Hi Lucy,

Re: foods, just keep it plain to be honest. They say to avoid those traditional which might be at risk of giving you a dodgy tummy, for example, pate, shellfish, certain soft cheeses etc. You might not feel like eating much due to the nausea but you might feel ok with 'plain' meat/two veg sort of thing. Do have some ice lollies/ice pops handy as they can help sweeten the taste buds and also help with keeping hydrated

HTH 

Ali xx

Mmey. What are the food rules? I thought there were certain foods that we couldn't have but when I spoke to the chemo nurse she said nothing is out of bounds. I start my chemo on Tuesday and want to get this right Maureen

I had my bloods done on Thursday for my FEC3 on Tuesday.

I was feeling really well, had no get back to hospital phone call, so decided that it was probably ok to relax the food guidelines.  So I had a crayfish salad.  That evening I was bent over with cramps and had the violent runs.  To make things worse I was out in a restaurant so had to keep going to their toilet.

it seems that every time I bend the food rules I get busted!  But apart from that blip I had a very smooth cycle so my oncologist is giving me a small dose increase from 85% to 90% of full dose.

Hi emma go to your profile then avatar you can upload your picture from there.

X x

Hi sal hows it going x x

Hi emma i can fart for england not very lady like, more like shrek like lol lol lol
X x

Hey Sue looking so happy!! How'd u upload the pic? Xxx has anyone else got terrible wind????

Hi daisy sue
Very nice to meet you! Xxxxxx

Hi Sue
I can't complain really as my SE have been mild but I think I might get whacked this time!! Good luck for next Thursday....needs must.....lets feel 💩 Just so that we can kick this crappy disease in the butt 🙏🏼🙏🏼 xx

I have got my third one on Thursday hate it big time, just feeling better this week then off again. I hate them panic attacks my daughter is going though them now poor girl to much stress. 

🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓

sue x X X 

Hi Daisy
You look beautiful! I've just finished my 2nd cycle and I had a mild panic attack when I started to get a shooting pain up my arm but after having a heat pad applied I was fine! Back home now and ready to eat!! Hugs to all xx

image.jpegThere you go girls it's me X X X 

Thankyou daisy! That has made my day!!!
👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼🌞👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼❤️

image.gif

Hi Ali
Yes I was very tired on the second chemo and took longer to feel ok. Hope you will be ok soon. Maybe it's just the body's shock your doing it again! The third is a little easier although I must say I think there all pants so far! Think it sometimes depends on our rest and what we eat to pick up quicker. I'm not great at just resting and the effects last longer. Xxxx

Hi Ali
Thanks for the tip re heartburn etc, phoned GP and got some stuff improving already.

The good news first. I think we are both having EC if I remember correctly. I am on day 9 of cycle 3 and apart from tiredness I am just about back to normal. I have spent 2 hrs gardening this morning.From day 7 I have found I can manage a couple of hours activities every morning, afternoon rest then I am ok for evening.

On the downside I can honestly say that my second cycle SEs were much worse. I had more nausea and actual vomiting. They also lasted for much longer. I was exhausted all the time . I developed new SEs, the indigestion, cold sores and swollen weeping eyes . I felt really sorry for myself. Exhaustion and tearfulness being my constant companions.
BUT IT DOES GET BETTER 😊. X
Ali just be kind to yourself I know I made things worse by giving in to my frustration and doing too much.
I hope you feel more like you soon.
Sending hugs
Jan x

Hello Ladies,

Just some feedback from my second chemo. I am a lot more washed out this time around. I have a persistent headache as well. I am more weary and tired. I wake up well and feeling full of energy but it doesn't take long to get tired.

I seemed to have swapped nausea for exhaustion, any others experiencing the same?

Ali xx

Thanks for that! Yes it is reassuring that it's not just me! I'll

see how it is over next few days! My scalp feels the same but I suppose because that doesn't run up anything and I'm not touching it etc it's not as noticeable as

under my arm

xx

Hi warcol. I too have soreness in my armpit like shaving rash with a small bump. I was quite concerned, however, thinking about it I have the same on my scalp so I am hoping its to do with hair follicles. I will see how it is in a few days. Hearing you have it has reassured me, I hope I do the same for you.

Hi daisy, hope you are feeling better now; your pic earlier made me smile, thankyou!

Hope everyone else is ok...

Ok I'll have a scan! Xxxxx

Don't think it was the right sally slapcabbage! Fancy there been other imposters! I have ginger hair and sat on s bed with a big grin. Xxxx

I'll give the sudocream a whirl! Thanks and Sal if u look on FB there's not many of me with my name Colista Gaskin and I've got the Belgium flag covering my face and I have curly hair 😪

I got a few pains in my arm like its tight were all injections go is it similar? I'll look on FB just tried to do late night food shop was far too much and felt shocking!!!! Xxxxx

Hi Warcol, it could be sensitivity from your armpit hairs starting to fall out? I've had this from my second FEC and recognised it because it felt similar to how my scalp was feeling. I've been smothering it with either aloe Vera gelly or sudocream and that helped. There has been no rash and they both seemed to work as a deodorant too!
Xxx

The pain is in my armpit and it's not all the time just every so often. Not sore to touch but the pain is almost like when you've shaved under your armpit and you get a sore rash but I haven't shaved and there isn't any rash! Will speak with BCN 2moro x

Hi Warcol,

Where exactly is your pain? Is it on your arm or arm pit? Perhaps there is some pain where your chemo was administered? Does it hurt when you touch it or when you move your arm? Or maybe it hurts all the time? Make a note of all the symptoms you can identify and speak to your BCN if necessary? If we can't answer your question 🙂

Ali xx

I apologise I keep posting blank msgs thx to my quick fat fingers and a 2 year old that grabs the phone and runs off with it!! Got pains under my arm today and wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Xx