1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2016 starters

Re: February 2016 starters

Hiya Colista, 

im sorry to hear you're not feeling good, do you start on T next cycle ? And are you having 4 X FEC and 4 T ? That is tough going for you. Just cross another treatment off the list. Just as you think one side effect has gone another kicks in !!! Stay in bed, take the meds that can help you and sending love and hugs. P.s I'm triple negative too, 

Carol xx

Hi all
After feeling positively g8 last few days 4th FEC has deffo kicked me in the butt today!! Feel awful, bad taste in mouth, feel sick, runs, nausea, lethargic and low mood! Only positive I can find is my mom has done all my ironing!
I've had to come to bed and feel crap as can't look after my own kids.....I hate this Fec***g disease! I know I'll
Be better in a few days but at moment can't see light at the end of the tunnel, sorry for being so low!! Colista 😒

well where has the sunshine gone??? Hope you are all coping with the side effects. Had appointment with consultant last week, surgery booked for 15th June. All good.....the cancer has shrunk no need for mascectomy, lumpectomy will remove lol the nasties. Will follow with radiotherapy in July. I have booked a week in Lyme Regis for September in a chalet overlooking the sea with hubby and Yorkshire terrier Woody. 

My last chemo is, fingers crossed next Tuesday. I have been out and about catching up with people and having retail therapy. Got excited buying a new iron !!!!!! 

Jan, how are you? All very quiet on here at the moment...is that good or bad ? 

Sue, I hope you are feeling better.x

big hugs to you all xxxx💐☀️

Hi ladies, no doubt you are all enjoying the sunny weather. Makes a nice change from the gloomy days we have had. 

Hope your not feeling to bad, as for me (I know your dieing to find out ) pmsl. Monday got heart check, Tuesday blood test and yes the bloody dread T on Thursday.  I still feeling s---t. Tired sick diora so girls don't moan if your consipated it's better then having g a ring of fire. Lol. You can always use a plunger lol. Have had skin eruptions and are just healing, still out of breath but have been reading so are some other ladies. 

Oh yes and still got the farts,  Chernoble has nothing on me lol. My old man keeps asking where the ducks are. 

Got my bald head sun burnt the other day it's like a solar panel. Note to self wear a hat. Lol

Well girlie's make the most of the sun shine before our torture begins again.

Love you all

Sue x x x 

image.jpeg

image.png

Sal
Just msg you xx

Hoe your ok? Mmm not sure what that means. well done on the 4th!! Means if there's a heatwave you can cover yourself in icecream and run naked! Xxxxxxx

Hi ladies
confirmed as triple negative today which is a bummer but on a positive note 4th FEC ticked off and next to start T!! Another couple of good days and then will hibernate for 3!! Just my luck it's a heatwave lol! Enjoy the sun everyone 😎🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞 Colista xxxx

Hi Daisy-Sue!

I hope you've had a lovely afternoon by the river with your girls 🙂 Hope you are also on the way out of those side effects.

Ali xx

Morning ladies, I actually managed to eat a bowl of ready break this morning and I could actually taste it for the first time in 2 weeks.  I am living on beetroot salads. So got red wee panic thought I was peeing blood, then it dawned on me beetroot juice lol lol .

i am going out for the first time in 2 weeks if my legs let me, a nice cake and tea by the river with my daughter and granddaughter she want to feed the ducks.  I am not getting that near the river the urge to jump in might be to great. (Only joking) 🙂 had a row with the old man this morning I could punch his face in moaning he is late for golf (what ever) hope he loses his balls. 🙂

thats my moan over.

love you girls.

sue X X X 

I'm on weekly paclitaxel so I haven't had the problems that many of you have experienced.  It is a much gentler treatment, but my onc says that it is as effective as docetaxel.  Maybe if some of you are really struggling with the docetaxel you could ask your oncologist about switching to weekly?

Hi guys, just popping in from January. I'm so sorry you are finding the first T so hard. It Was the worst round for me too. The onc said it was one of the toughest as we still have FEC in our system too. I had most of the side effects you mention but was better second time as they gave me more meds to help with the sore mouth which was horrendous first time. I was also kinder to myself second time and as soon as I felt it hit me I went to bed and tried to sleep through the worst instead of trying to keep going. I think that helped too as I did recover quicker! They do reduce the dose if you have found it really hard. Make sure you tell them everything. I didn't have mine reduced as I haven't had too much bone pain other hand and feet problems.
I had my last T on Tuesday so waiting for it to hit now. But I'm done and it's a good feeling. You will get there too. Not much longer.
Lots of love
Claire xx

Hi Ali I have been **bleep** now since the 21st of April who ever said FEC is the worst is telling little lies. By now I would be feeling a bit more human but I am not. Please don't cry we have 2 more then that's that. My skin is sore I must have every bleeding side effect going this time round. It gets me down as well. Wish you lived near me I would give you a big hug. X X X X

Daisy I am also still feeling sick and tired. I am a week since my first T and I think it's shocking. I felt so nauseous this morning the chemo unit thought I was joking as nausea isn't always a side effect of T. I think the nasty oral thrush is one of the worst - it seems to be so persistent.

So I am not coping very well at all and I am very very down with it all 😞

In fact I am crying a little as I write this.

Ali xx

Hi ladies, I am still feeling s---t. Breathless sick and p-----t off big time now. 

My nose has been running like a tap to-day, I thought get your fat bum out in the garden and have a nice cup of tea, so I drag myself outside tea in hand bend to sit down and my bloody nose ran and fell in my cup of tea. 😡

What a day. And no I didn't drink it lol lol 

What a difference a day and regular pain killers make. After waking up crying yesterday and not being able to move due to pain to being up and showered and back in pj's to tired to be bothered getting dressed! Reading all your side effects I feel bad for moaning.
Hope your all coming to the end of your side effects xx

I agree with Sal! I'm glad I'm making her laugh!! I know we all feel sh*t and have aches and pains, tired and mouth films but this is short term for a long term gain! I will gladly have all this if it means the fecker is blasted away and never returns!! We all have our dark days but there is a light at the end of the tunnel! U just have to keep walking towards it! We all have our support networks and this forum is great to vent our anger, frustrations and sadness but it's also an opportunity to share positives and make each other laugh as I truly believe laughter is the best medicine. So Sue keep posting ur jokes and pics as they boost us up and everyone else who wants too!!
Sal also makes me laugh especially when she tells me her mother is in the freezer....I had visions she'd chopped her up and the chemo had turned her into a killer lol....thankfully you'll all be pleased to know she's thawed and helping in the garden 😂😂 have a fabulous day everyone love Colista xxxx

Thank you sal you brought a lump to my sore throte lol lol

Hi sue
I think everyone has SE and don't worry about others. You are getting there and feel rubbish but you are getting through! I think on tac I have all those symptoms and seem to find colista is currently making me laugh enough to make me think I am still a human and not an alien life form! Today my legs are like bricks and currently want to shout at all people and insects!! Sue when everyone is down on here you throw in a joke or a picture and make us smile. Your a fab lady and I for one have enjoyed your lovliness and honesty! I have gone from being a confident therapist to a sprout!!! obsessed with Internet shopping and talking about poo! Haha and you know what this 6 months will pass and we will be back to our former selves and never take any more b#€€$*~s agsin!! Xxxxxx you are a light on here xxxx

Oh dear we are all really suffering this time. If it's doing this much to affect our good cells and making us feel this poorly and low, hopefully it's doing the same to any bad cells and they are being totally obliterated!!!

‎02-05-2016 09:11 AM
Hi all,  I will list my SE, feeling sick, mouth tastes vile was not able to eat as I could not swollow with out wanting to gag. Pains every where. Feeling down and fed up. Sore throte. Tiredness not to bad. Skin itch. Head aches. Bloating. Feeling light headed. Feeling very weak. I had to phone the unit as I had had enough of the way I was feeling. I had not eaten for a week after T the thought of food made me feel sick. And as soon as I did eat then it was a race to the toilet as I have had diorea since I had T living on poo stop pills. Sickness pills.
The only thing I can say about the pain is yes the bath helps, but I found cocodamol was the best the chemo unit told me to take 2 every 4 hours and they do work.

I feel fit for nothing and I do envey the girls who are not getting many T s/e.
My chemo nurse said the dose is to strong for me so hopefully she will talk to my doctor. I know I only have 2 left but bloody hell cant take this much longer.

sue X X X

Hi Carol,

Called unit, they want me to ramp up the domperidone first and if that doesnt work then I'll be given the other drug you mention. I am SHOCKED about how rough I am feeling. As for the hand tingling/neuropathy they suggest massaging the hands with cooled hand lotion. All sounds very unconvincing. They might reduce my dose next time around if I am still suffering

Ali

Hi Ali, 

i still take metoclopromide to help with feeling sick. I have had heartburn and indigestion...magnesium hydroxide for that and that can also be used if constipated. Also have been given lansoprazole as our tums are obviously affected by all the chemicals, hope this helps. 

Carol xx

Have had a terrible night 7 days on from first T. Have been extremely nauseous, tingling in hands keeping me awake, hot flushes. I think I'm going to call the chemo unit. I feel my SEs are getting worse not better. Oh and sense of taste is truly disgusting. Water and tea are vomit worthy.

I thought I would be turning a corner right now. Today I can say that for myself T is worse.

Ali xx

Hi,

Slept for nearly 7 hours last night after taking my steroids so that is a bonus.

Also - I can now straighten my arm and twist it and the ache has almost gone.

6 weeks it has been a pain in the butt.

So things are looking up today. First T this afternoon so will have to be careful where they put the cannula.

Feeling positive. ☺

Kx

Hi not posted for a while. Thank you all for your posts I have been reading with interest and they have made me feel less isolated. Had first 'T' and it's really not nice. I was ok for first day and a half and was thinking maybe this one is easier, then boom! Never ached so much, pain everywhere! Spent two days in bed, unable to move the cocodamol just knocked me out before waking to more pain. Then ... Spent two nights in hospital as had high temperature and felt very flu-like. Whilst there WBC dropped as well. Now on antibiotics. Came home and kids both have colds, great!

I find everything very irritating and quite glad I'm holed away as I'm sure I could pick an argument with someone about something very minor at the mo, even people on tv are annoying!!!! Gggrrr.

Thanks to you all for posting your experiences.

Again, very helpful. I would rather know what I might be letting myself in for and then if it is not that severe, that is great. If it is, then I will know what you have all been going through recently.

I agree with you Sissy and think the steroids have a lot to answer for.

I always feel sick when I take them and have an awful taste in my mouth.

Then I wake up in the middle of the night wide awake.

At least my nurse said that I was not on too high a dose of T, so I can hope that my side effects will not be quite as bad as all you are going through.

One day at a time!

Thanks again to you all.

Kx

I echo what Claire says, I found cycles 4 and 5 very tough. I was very tearful and emotional, cried every time I had a bath as i needed help getting out if it. It's very hard not being able to do simple things when you're an active person used to doing what you need yourself. I think the steroids have a lot to do with feeling down. I have felt a lot better mentally on my 6th cycle xx

Hi 

Jan I know what you mean, tasks are just a nightmare...I do something then have to sit and rest. I have been very tearful which is driving me insane but actually I feel better afterwards. I know what you mean about the one more to go....it really gets on your nerves. I have really struggled this time too, think as time goes on we have such a build up of chemicals inside us it's bound to impact on us. I am getting appts for surgeon then another ultra sound but at least things are moving on. Big hugs Jan xxx

hi all, the side effects are tough on T I have found it better having injection at night then taking a couple of paracetamol. Rest when you need to end the day with what you have achieved so it ends on a positive. I have suffered with heart burn and indigestion this time, driving me nuts. I also hate food, I also haven't put on any weight in fact I've lost some as my jeans are loose. 

Sending love and hugs to you all. 💐Xxx

Hi Jan.Claire from The January thread here. I finished chemo today but I found cycle 5 the toughest mentally and had a major meltdown halfway through. I got really down about everything and cried loads which is not like the usual positive me! I got fed up with everyone telling me to be strong and that I only had one left nobody except those of us going through it can ever understand what it is like and the toll it takes on us. 

I was talking to the nurse about it today and she said it's quite usual to struggle more towards the  end as we have been through so much and then have to think about what's next in terms of more treatment and coming to terms with the future.

i feel much better now and I hope you do too.

lots of love,

claire xx

Hi all
Week after cycle 5 still struggling to be honest. Thought I was on the up then has a major meltdown. I was hammering a nail into a fence post, I couldn't do it! I just dropped to the ground and seriously wept! How ridiculous. My poor OH he rushed to help, poor man didn't know what to do to help. He knows I normally would just get on and do it. He did the hammering for me. Why are the simplest things so difficult? How many more ways can this d**m disease destroy my self confidence? To top it all I phoned for advice about my VERY painful arm and was basically told that I should really expect some vein problems! Take paracetamol for the pain but be careful not to mask any infection symptoms. Great help there then.
Sorry ladies I am not usually so negative but I am sooo tired of all this cr*p. And if anyone else tells me just 1 to go I think I will ask them to do it for me!
Hope things improve tomorrow.
Sending you all hugs and hope your SEs aren't to difficult.
Jan x

Hi All, my SE after the first TH lasted about 10days. Aches and pains like severe flu and not fancying anything much to eat. I had a few temps but none above 38 so didn't have to contact the hospital. Whist battling through I really felt that I couldn't do it again but now that I am feeling so much better (even though tired with tingling finger tips and toes) I am sure I can. I took paracetamol, ibuprofen and codeine (from my GP). A hot bath helped when my temperature wasn't up.

Hang in there, it does get better! Only two more to go! Xxx

Hi all you are all starting your T. I had my first one 12 days ago. Side effects for me are: Diorea , sickness I could not eat for 6 days as I could not swollow food.  Very sore throte. Bone pain. Feeling very weak due to not being able to eat. 

No enagy. Feeling faint. Thrush mouth and thrush fanny. Plus chest pains. I phoned my chemo unit they told me I was one of many phoning up about all of the above side effects. They were good they phoned me for a couple of days to see how I was. The doc said she was going to talk to the doc as she felt I was on a to high does. 

i have got 2 more to do and so don't want to do it. 

My age goes against me it might pull me down a lot more then you younger fitter ladies.

i have not put any weight on since I have been on chemo which I am happy about. 

I do do hope I have not put the wind up you girls but that's my side effects. 

Sue

x x X 

Thanks Em, that is very helpful.

I hope you are feeling better very soon.

Crossed fingers.

x

Hi k. Had t on Friday felt great all day sat and Sunday until about 8 then felt uncomfortable. Monday morning aching all over but bearable with paracetamol and ibuprofen but last night my mum had to bring me some cocodamol. I'm just having pain in every muscle and joint. And no taste. The hot water bottle is great but like I said I'm melting! I enjoyed my bath but I have a picc line in so not the most relaxing but soothing all the same.
It's my first dose so don't know how long they last I'm hoping not to long.
Good luck x

I have just started my steroids and have my first T tomorrow.

The steroids are bad enough, horrible taste in my mouth and wondering if I am going to sleep tonight.

When did your side effects kick in Em?

The nurse I saw yesterday said it would be Friday evening before I got the flu symptoms. So that is 2 days.

Is it OK for a couple of days, before the brick wall?

How long are the flu symptons lasting?

As Em said any extra tips would be great.

I have been told tonic water is good for the aches and cramps.

A hot bath is my cup of tea, so I will be trying that.

Thanks to you all for being there for us all.

Kxx

Hi ladies hope we're all coping better than me at the minute. The Se from first T are awful pain from head to toe had a hot bath last night which helped massively. Even broke out the hot water bottle which helps relieve the pain but I'm sweating cobs can't bloody win! Got on to the gp this morning who's given me some cocodamol. Any other tips would be greatly received xx

Love a good joke thanks Sue xxx

A family is at the dinner table. The son asks the father, “Dad, how many kinds of boobs are there?” The father, surprised, answers, “Well, son, a woman goes through three phases. In her 20s, a woman’s breasts are like melons, round and firm. In her 30s and 40s, they are like pears, still nice, hanging a bit. After 50, they are like onions.” “Onions?” the son asks. “Yes. You see them and they make you cry.” This infuriated his wife and daughter. The daughter asks, “Mom, how many different kinds of willies are there?” The mother smiles and says, “Well, dear, a man goes through three phases also. In his 20s, his willy is like an oak tree, mighty and hard. In his 30s and 40s, it’s like a birch, flexible but reliable. After his 50s, it’s like a Christmas tree.” “A Christmas tree?” the daughter asks. “Yes, dead from the root up and the balls are just for decoration.”

Hope it makes you laugh X X X X  after a rotten Monday X X X X 

That's fab Daisy x

Thanks daisy need that today xxxxx

For you ladies.

image.png

I reckon we can call today 'Meltdown Monday'

Laters chicks xxxxx

Hi Jan,

I am with you with the poor-me thing. I spent a huge chunk of the day dozing on the sofa as I didn't have the energy to do anything else. Even flicking through the TV listings was too much effort. The simple fact is our bodies are being tortured through no fault of our own and it really makes us sick. I believe chemo is such a primative treatment. It's banging in a nail with a f£&King JCB. I am sooooooo mad with my diagnosis as I have previously said but WTF can I go about it? But there is some good news about BC in the news today which could help us all. Also I read something about taking a dose of ibuprofen a week could cut BC risks in half, I'll be up for that.

Oh and Jan, having no eyebrows *is* worse, I have to draw mine in all the time so I can feel a bit normal. Despite this forum BC and chemo is a very lonely experience,

Ali xxxx

Hi All,

Oh dear, we all seem to be having down days at the moment! I seem to be on the verge of tears most of the time, silly really as I am definitely starting to feel a little better after my first TH. It's been a long 10days!!

I can't say that the 'why me' scenario has been on my mind, quite the opposite - I just feel guilty. I feel I should have found it earlier, should have done more exercise, lost weight, drunk less etc etc.these things just buzz round and round my brain particularly when I am feeling rubbish. 

Sorry to rant on but it is nice to have an outlet that doesn't mind/ understands.

Thats it, enough moaning! The sun is now out and the blossom is coming and we all have the summer to look forward to when all this awful chemo will be over. A friend who has been through it all says that this is definitely the worse part and we are nearly out the other side!

Take care all xxxx

Hi all
I had my meltdown yesterday, has happened every cycle on Sunday after, that one was expected. Trouble is still very down can't seem to lift my mood. Crying at the drop of a hat. I am sooo tired and frustrated with it all and my arm hurts so much I can't think straight. Seriously doing poor me, can't even be bothered with why me, too much effort. Why does it bother me more that I have no eyebrows than the fact that I am bald. So illogical!
We all have our bad days and I need to accept that...... doesn't mean I like it though 😠 .
Trying hard to sort my head, sending hugs
Jan x

Ali I resented everyone! Couldn't even trust myself walking around our local supermarket as just wanted to punch everyone as they were going about their lives without a care in world while I was going through all this! Yes It's irrational as its not their fault but it's also completely normal to feel like this, it took me ages to get over the why me feelings and I felt angry for a very long time and it has left me with a lot less patience and I must admit  I cannot deal with people and their trivial moans, I'm like so did you have cancer? No? Well shut up then! But I also appreciate what I have so much more, I hold my family even closer now and we don't waste a minute of our time together, in the year since my diagnosis I've seen my son get married and we are about to go off on our 4th trip abroad , I won't let cancer take anymore from me now, it took me lower than I've ever been but never again, you will get to this place too! Lots of love Xx Jo 

Ali, I have similar thoughts at times when I see celebrities photos and also people in general but then I think actually, it could happen to them, it could happen to anyone. Someone could have seen me in a pub this time last year having fun, fiddling with my hair (that's what gets me right now as I can't fiddle with my wig incase it gets lopsided!!) and them be going through the same thoughts we are. I always bring myself back to Kylie Minogue - how shocked I was all those years ago when she was diagnosed, I'd just seen her on the tour she then had to cancel. She got through it and we will get through it and sadly others are being diagnosed every day.
It's normal to think the way you are. I'm not offended, you needed to rant!
Xxx

Hi Carol,

I have a meltdown almost everyday! I totally and utterly resent that I was diagnosed with this b45t4rd thing and feel very angry watching the news with 'the lovely duchess of cambridge' and her perfect effing everything all over the media. Sorry if it offends but I hate the depiction of her like she is the 'new diana'. Let's see how she would fair if she ever gets diagnosed with something like this. Mind you they'd keep it hidden for sure.

Grrrrr