Fec or Fec-T

I am due to start chemotherapy on 8th April. I just wondered why I am having Fec and not Fec-T? What’s the difference and why do the choose one over the other?

I’m having 3 rounds of FEC and then switch to the other one Taxotere (or Docetaxel), hence the name FEC-T (or FEC-D).  I’ll have an MRI after round 2 and if not responding, they will switch me earlier so I will get 2 rounds of FEC and 4 of the other.

Hi Molliana,

I am receiving FEC-T.  My understanding is that the T (Taxotere) part is for node positive cancers (not isolated cells in nodes, but established cancer in nodes).

Hope this helps.

Su X

Hi.
Thank you. I had 1 positive node. It was a micromet about 1mm. I was wondering whether I should be having Fec-T and whether it was a cost thing that I wasn’t having it. It’s been clear to me from the beginning of this that cost is an issue in everything.

I had one node macromet positive and one micro. I am having FEC.

I have wondered why I wasn’t offered FEC-T - I thought it might be something to do with the fact mine was grade 1?

Emxx

I’m having FEC-T but my nodes were clear.

Oh ok. Mine was grade 2. Pinkbaglady do you know your grade?

My tumour was Grade 3.

Hi all, I’m a grade 3 HER2+… 3 FECs down & 3 D,s to go…feeling soo I’ll this week:( xx