cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up following surgery

3 REPLIES 3
Loulabell

Re: Fed up following surgery

Thank you for your kind comments Loobyb,.
Feeling better today, still having to have daily dressing changes but wound seems to be healing well, just seems like a long road ahead still, but I'll get there in the end.
Loobyb

I can't begin to know how you must be feeling at the moment unfortunately neither can I offer you anything but a sympathetic ear life sucks at times and an infection after an op is the last thing you expect that will go a long way to make you feel the way you do but once your antibiotics start to work their magic you will start to feel human again you will feel better in time and I know that's a cliché until you do please log on and bend a few ears you will be very welcome!! I hope you feel better very soon:))
Jo_BCC

Hi Loulabell

While you are waiting for replies from your fellow forum users, our helpline team are just a free phone call away if you need someone to talk to in confidence, they're here to support you. 0808 800 6000, lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Loulabell

Fed up following surgery

This is my first post on here, although I have been regularly reading all the posts since being diagnosed at the end of March with an invasive ductal carcinoma on my left nipple, I had a WLE and SNB on 1st May, but the following week my scar burst open and I was re admitted to hospital on 11th May with an infection to have the infected area removed, after a 4 day stay in hospital I am now home again and have 2 open wounds, one big one across my breast where the nipple was and a smaller one where the lymph nodes were removed which I have to have packed and dressings changed daily. I am so so fed up of this. and want to know for how long this is going to go on for, but I can't seem to get an honest answer, and have just been told it will take some time. We are going on holiday in August, and at the moment i am still worried that I will need daily dressing changes. Has anyone else found themselves in a similar position? Added to this, I was meant to get the results from the biopsy last week, but due to a backlog of results and my consultant being on holiday I won't get these until next week. I have already been told I will need radiotherapy, but am guessing that I won't be able to have this until my wound has healed. Everything just seems to be taking so much longer than I first thought, and I know I am being impatient but I just want all this to be over and my life be normaL again, and for my 3 lovely girls to be able to give me a proper cuddle without having to mind 'mummy's sore booby'. Sorry to moan and I know there are a lot of other women out there that have it a lot worse than me at the moment, but I've just had enough of this now!