Feel let down by consultant!

Feel let down by consultant!

Feel let down by consultant! I feel totally let down and by my consultant. I feel I’ve lost trust in them.

Originally seen in July, I was told I had a phyllodes tumour. (Although my notes at the time said “undoubtedly a cyst”). I had FNAC at the same time and the results 3 days later were “suspicious but not clear”. It was reitterated that I had a phyllodes tumour, and that it was very likely benign.

I then had a core biopsy & ultra sound a couple of weeks later in August. The ultra sound apparently confirmed I had a phyllodes tumour around 1.5 x 1 cm in size, and the biopsy said that the growth activity as 3, 4 with the possibility of being malignant.

I then had another ultra sound last week, and then had surgery to have it removed. The ultrasound said that the tumour had doubled in size, but the consulant said it was still the phyllodes tumour.

I had the results phoned through by the secretary today, who advised me that (thank goodness!) it WAS benign, but that I did infact have a Fibroadenoma and not a tumour!

How can a consultant get it wrong? Dont get me wrong, I am grateful that its benign, I am ELATED in fact, but ther is a little part of me that is worried that the consultant will change on me again.
They’ve interpreted the other results “creatively”, why not this one too?

Hi Beccles Its great to hear you have been given good news xxxxxxx

Will you get your results in writing?

How are you feeling now after your operation?

Your gp should get your results too, maybe he or she could clear it up a bit better for you xxxxxx

I hope you will stay well xxxxxx

Louise xxxx

hi there! So sorry to hear about your troubles; I had similar problems when diagnosed with a malignant phyllodes!
Your best bet is to contact the clinic and get a copy of your path report, they cant say no! If you prefer go through your GP…
Im suprised they said it was phyllodes as they can only say for sure with pathology?? If you get confused with the path report then pop in to see us on the link below under phyllodes and well be glad to help you out…
All the best. Take care
Sal

phpbbserver.com/breastcancer/index.php?mforum=breastcancer

Message for Becclescake Hi

I know you wrote this in September so maybe my post is too late but just wanted to say that a fibroadenoma IS a benign tumour so it seems it was the secretary not the consultant who got it wrong.

As well as a malignant tumour in my right breast I have a fibroadenoma in my left breast. The doctor who found it suspected that’s what it was but I had to have a core biopsy to be sure.

Lola