Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel like I am going to implode with fear

6 REPLIES 6
angiepops

Re: Feel like I am going to implode with fear

hi janey
its not nice waiting and it seems to take so long to get any result but when you do, things will move fast.
Just to say hi to you and hope you can hold it together.
if you need to ask anything or say something, however trivial you might feel it is, we are all here to help.
kindest regards, things WILL get better soon,
angie xx
jayney234

Hi I am so glad I found this forum - the emotional support is fantastic and I am finding it helpful. Thanks to all who replied and I will try to control my fears. The wine sounds a damn good idea - probably with the valium the way I am feeling. My fine needle biopsy results were due in yesterday and I assume my gp has these but I told him to send them on to the hospital as I couldn't do anything about the result until then but I don't know what is worse - knowing or not knowing.
Jan_mints

Hi Jayney,

Talk, talk, talk and cry if you want to. Tears release tension. There is nothing worse than the fear and loss of control at this stage.

As you move through the process, your emotions will be heightened. Whilst I was waiting for my diagnosis I went to stay with my daughter and her family and it was amazing how my grandchildren got me through by just being with them doing baths and stories and other everyday stuff.

I have described this period before diagnosis as a waiting line just to see if you get a ticket onto the breast cancer ride or a free pass out of the park.

This website helped me enormously but do not be tempted to go searching all over the internet as there is so much scarey stuff out there. I also thought my cancer was spreading but someone who had been through it before told me that my lump had grown significantly bigger because of the biopsy which had caused bruising and swelling just as a fall would. Common sense really but I lost my common sense for a while.

Do try to distract yourself as best you can, not easy I know. I am still having moments of terrible panic for my surgery scheduled for this Friday. You will get through this.
Take Care,
Jan x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jayney, it's scary process, so forgive yourself for being scared- anyone in your situation would be. But it will get better. And despite how it might feel, cancer rarely spreads as quickly as we might think. Rest assured that although it doesn't feel like it to you, they will move you through the treatment process as quickly as necessary. Be kind to yourself and try to do some non demanding and enjoyable thngs as best you can this week. I personally recommend sauvignon blanc, though maybe not at the same time as the valium 😉
jayney234

Thanks for the support x
Guest user
Not applicable

Oh sweetheart being on the bench as they say really is the worse thing when you get your results you'll have a better idea of what's going on and will then be able with the help of the professionals to sort out a treatment plan which will in turn help you feel more in control it is a scary time and they're many women on here who can help you through the rabbit warren of diagnoses and treatments and will listen even if you want to let off steam I'm sure they will echo my thoughts when I say we have broad shoulders and are willing to take the weight from yours if it helps at all with love and virtual hugsxx
jayney234

Feel like I am going to implode with fear

Hi I have been reading all the positive comments and encouragement other posters have been kindly giving but I cannot control this feeling of absolute terror and fear. I cannot concentrate on doing anything and even though my gp has given me valium I still can't cope. My appointment is next week for all the tests but as my consultant has already told me I have bc just by examination I am anticipating the worst case scenario. Friends have been very very supportive but I am so scared that it is spreading all the time I am waiting to see someone and I don't know how to handle the next week.