Feel like I've aged 20 years

Hi all
Finished chemo in October and been on letrozole and zoladex for the past 8 weeks. I feel like I’ve aged 20 years since my treatment started in may 2015. Aches and pains, headaches, vision changes and all the rest. I was first dx in 2009 age 40 and 2nd time in 2015. I feel like I’m 70 not 47. Does anybody feel the same?

hi gaybar,
Sorry to hear what you’ve been through, I’m not on your hormone treatment or had chemo, so I can’t comment specifically, so bumping this up, as there are others who have been there.
ann x

Hi

I’m also on letrozole and zoladex and started about 3 months ago. Yes struggling abit with aches and pains, but not too much to bother me as such. Having said that, still taking things easy as recovering from rads. Someone on here suggested cod liver oil, so I’m going to give that a go. Have you had any follow up from the GP at all? Feel we should be helped and monitored through this!

Sending a hug x

Hi yes had a folow up appointment just the other day. The consultant said it was side effects off the treatment and hopefully they will settle down. I see the oncologist soon after my 3 monthly scan so will mention it to him too. Thank you.

I also read about cod liver oil tablets. I will give that a try. The side effects seem to be wearing off a little. I changed from taking it in the morning to night has someone recommended. I think I rush back to full time hrs at work after a couple of weeks after chemo but want to try and get back to some kind of normality.

Great news from the hospital today. After 3 months on letrozole no more new tumors and the others are stable. Back in three months time.?

Brilliant! Gaybar.
So reasuring to see that despite the side effects issues, the treatment is working.
ann x

Maggie Ann I’m not sure but I’m sure someone else can answer your question.

Maggie Ann, I think they’re not exactly the same but from the same family of drugs. They’re both aromatase inhibitors, which prevent oestrogen being formed, to starve hormone positive tumours of the oestrogen they use as fuel.

I don’t know what the difference is between them, I take Tamoxifen, which works a different way.

Thanks , I think your right , hope they do the trick what ever they are lol , make me feel very achy though , early days so hopefully will settle after a bit , take care