Feel rubbish! Is this normal?

Hi everyone. A brief history : had mastectomy in jan for grade 3 mucinous cancer. No lymph node involvement but 5 sites. Finished EC chemo on 18th June and just been for my planning meeting for rads today.
I have had a few headaches on and off through chemo and had a brain scan 1st April ish which was clear. For the last 6/7 weeks I have had sharp pains in head and now get daily mild headaches. I often also feel sick. I am completely exhausted and feel not here some of the time. Have aching feet and fingers and generally feel horrible. I haven’t dared start to take tamoxifen yet as I’m worried it makes me feel worse.
I just feel like I should feel better than this now. 7 weeks post chemo surely I should be on the up? I felt better than this in my third week in between chemos.
My gp has referred me for another brain scan and I am terrified about results. Do you think anything could have developed from April’s scan to now? I have tinnitus in one ear, floaters in my eyes and its all adding up to a scary picture.
Sorry to list all these millions of symptoms I’m just a bit fed up, stressed and want to be able to move on in my life!
Thanks everyone xxx

Hi Caz13

I’m sorry you are feeling so rubbish.

It might help to talk things over with one of our Helpline staff.  They’ll be able to offer practical information and emotional support.  The opening times tomorrow are 10-2 (and on weekdays 9-5).  The number is 0808 800 6000

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Caz-I know just how you feel. I finished chemo in Feb 2013. I coped ok with it and with radiotherpay. 6 months after taking Tamoxifen I started to ache, first my hip, then ribs and have also had shooting pains in my head. The pains subsided but I was left with a vague ache. Then I started to feel better. Then I started to feel worse. Just had a bone scan which is clear. I should be reassured but i still feel out of sorts with an odd sensation in my head/neck. I have also been under a great deal of stress. It is very hard to get away from what we’ve been through when still feeling so low. For most people it does get better and I have had blocks of time when I’ve felt great. So I am focusing on this for the time being. Take it one day at a time and hopefully you’ll start to feel a bit more like yourself.

xxx