Feeling Nausea 24 hours !

Anyone else feeling sick / nausea? Had chemo 6 days ago and feel constantly sick. Git prescribed more anti-sickness but not working. Will it last the whole 3 weeks until the next chemo ?

Hi Cocolily,

I’m sorry you’ve been feeling so ill.  It might help to give our Helpline a call for information and support.  They are open from 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000.

You might also find it helpful to join one of the Chemotherapy monthly threads.  I’ve attached a link to the April one:

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/Starting-Chemo-April-2015/td-p/935148

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Thank you

Yes Tweasel, day 6 and I feel **** !!! Hoping the new anti sickness will work … 4th change. I’m also getting pain from the injections in my bones - and ulcers and spots on face ! Anyone else having all this ? But it is MAKING me better !

Will try the travel bands - good idea. Yesterday day 7 was ok so hoping today good as well then I know it’s around 6 days of feeling ill. I hate the injections the most - hate needles

Hiya, glad you are feeling better today. If I were you I would ask for emend for your next cycle. It is the rolls Royce of antiemetics. They do not give it out routinely because it is expensive, but I think you should get it if you’ve felt so ill for so many days, that’s not good.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment xx

Thank you I will …

I had really bad nausea this morning, 2 days in on my 1st FEC.  My hubby made me a huge jug of juice using our juicer, 1kg carrots, 500g strawberries, 2 apples, 2 pears, 2 oranges, 1 banana. Drank the lot within the hour and feeling good so far, also managed a trip to the loo after 2 days of constipation, yay! x

Well done loulou… I think it doesn’t help that we have to drink so much water … The trips to the loo in the middle of the night don’t help … Juicing great idea to get vitamins inside you. I’m just over my first chemo and I felt sick for 7 days and the I was fine for 2 weeks …x