Feeling Oddly Flat and a bit Numb

Good evening to all the lovely ladies on this Forum I’ve done really well since my diagnosis in July and surgery in September, feeling able to support others that are joining the forum whilst I am relieved at clear margins and no lymph involvement and waiting for radiotherapy to start on 6th November. So why do I feel so rubbish this evening I ask myself?   One niggle that I am trying to move past is the fact that I will be having the booster radiotherapy as they found DCIS within my IDC and didn’t manage to achieve 1 mm clear margin on the DCIS as it was so deep - the rest was fine with more than 2 mm clear.  From the outset I have understood my diagnosis as Stage 1, Grade 2 IDC (12 mm).  There was no mention of DCIS until I received my pathology report.  Am I worrying unnecessarily?  I’m not entirely sure I understand the difference to be honest. Isn’t it crazy that we spend days being strong and feel able to support others and then we fall off a cliff!! It’s right back on my mind again and I can’t seem to put it back in the perspective box where it should be!! I’m very tired but I’m not ill and I’m not in pain - I just do not know how to explain how I feel to myself or others tonight :(  Thanks for listening, Anita xx

anitajane

That is the beauty of this forum we are able to release what we are feeling and not have to worry,

Unfortunately we have these times.  I was feeling very “heavy” earlier this week could not pinpoint why but knew I was just not myself, it passed by Wednesday.

Mine was grade 1, tubular, 17mm , clear margins no lymph involvment, hormone receptor positive and I had 5 boosters, I found out about them at my first apt with my oncologist, before then I believed it would be 15 regular.  When I asked he said it was the standard for the hospital I was at and the boosters were just on the tumour site itself

In a way having our “down” days helps us to support the other ladies on here because we understand what they are going through, although it does not feel like it at the time. 

This is a strange time as well because you have had the constant thing of diagnosis, op and results, then  there is this gap until your final (yay) active treatment will start, and you try to process what has happened.

Sending you a hug xxxxx

Hi Anita

There are always ups and downs throughout the treatment and its perfectly normal to be feeling like you do.

I found I strangely looked forward to radiotherapy because I was doing something positive to beat this horrible disease. So I’m sure your mood will pick up.

A lot of us have the boosters, for various reasons. Mine were given because I was under 50. Try and look at the positives. You are being given all this amazing treatment and it will give you every chance going forward.

Sending a hug

Sue xx