Feeling Sick - Just Diagnosed

I went to the Doctors with a small lump under my right arm, I was convinced it was a small cyst ( pea sized) Doctors refered me under the 2 week rule to the breast clinic, There it was confirmed to be a cyst, Due to my age of 46 They offered me a routine mammory, I opted to have it and when I went to see the doctor was told that it was totally clear in my right breast ( cyst) BUT they had found a tumour in the left deep in the tissue. From there its just a Blur, I then was given a scan where they measured the tumour, which turns out to be 13mm, I then asked that question of it being cancer and she said deffinatley, I then had 2 Biopsies done, " weeks later went back for the results to say I have a rare form of BC which is also known to grow in other parts of a body. Its called Adenosquamous Carcinoma very little literature. They are unsure of which or any treatment I will need until the Tumour has been removed and sent off to london for more detailed testing. I am booked in for removal on 21st July 2016. Starting to worry, feel sick.

Hi Anita, I’m so sorry you’ve joined the club that none of us wanted to join. It is quite a frightening and overwhelming time full of uncertainties of what lies ahead. I’m afraid I haven’t heard of the breast cancer which you have so can’t give any advice about that, but just wanted to give you some support and let you know that you are not alone. I went through those feelings of being scared and not being able to eat or sleep, crying at the drop of a hat. But when I started treatment it did get easier to get through the day. I had a lumpectomy to remove a 2cm tumour and then had a re-excision due to unclear margins. I did not have chemo as the risks were deemed greater than the small benefit, but I did have 20 radiotherapy sessions which finished just over a month ago. I didn’t think I would ever feel normal again, but actually I do now and breast cancer does not fill all my thoughts all of the time any more.  I hope you have people around who can support you through the coming months, even a shoulder to cry on now and then helps!  Good luck with your op and please let us know how you get on.  Michelle xx

Oh Anita so sorry to hear your news.  It must have been doubly devastating to get the great news that the lump you found was indeed a cyst & then be hit with that.  Thank goodness you found that lump, or the one in the left would have been growing deep inside until your first routine screening (in my case 51).  Please don’t worry about the rarity factor, there are several ladies with unusual ones. Leave the worry about the type for the doctors & just think of it as BC (not easy either obviously!).  You will calm down a little when you know your treatment plan & great news your op is so soon, although I know that must be shocking for you, some of us had to wait for weeks & it’s a really hard time all round.  Big cyber hug coming your way xx

Just wanted to add my love and support Anita,
It’s such a frightening time when you are first diagnosed, and the waiting for results is agonising. As Bibi has said, thank goodness you had the cyst investigated!
Once your tumour has been removed, tested and a treatment plan sorted for you it seems to get easier mentally - you’ll be surprised what you can deal with!
This forum is a great place for support, advise and a sympathetic ear for ranting and meltdowns - every step of the way ?
Loads of good luck for your op on Thursday xxx

I had my surgery on Thursday, They have done a very good job with minimal scarring, as I wasnt even sure what to expect as i didnt want to know at the time, I just wanted IT out. They have cut around the Areola and then very slightly underneath the breast and pull the skin over to remove the tumour, so the scaring should blend well into the Areola, Dissolvable stiches also help, We had a few hiccups along the way but thats just me and Anesthetic lol. If anyone would be helped at looking at the damage done I have no problem sharing a picture of how its looking x  Now for a 2-3 week wait to see if they have clear margins x

Glad you got through surgery well. Wishing you all the best for your recovery.

Hi anitaszaban,

Glad to hear they managed to do such a good op and hope you have recovered well.

Have you had your results yet?

HOw are you doing?

Hugs

Sue xx