Feeling confused and worried

I found a lump in my left breast a few weeks back, I went to see my dr who sent an urgent referral for the breast clinic. I went to my appointment on the 10/3. The consultant checked my breast and said he thinks its gristle, I then had an ultrasound and she said she thinks it could be a fibroadenoma because of my age (33) she wanted to do a core biopsy but couldn’t as I have a bleeding disorder so she done an FNA instead. I then went back to the consultant who said I would get the results in 2 weeks via letter. I was told to make an appointment to come back in 3 months and to keep a close eye on it. I thought I would of had answers on the day but all I got was a lot if “I thinks” I’m now left feeling really confused! Sorry for the long post xx

Hello Mich578

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very worrying time for you but you have come to the right place for support from our experienced users who I’m sure will be along to support you soon.

You may also like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Thank you for your message June, I will try and give them a call tomorrow xx

Hi Mich,

I’m sorry you’re still left with a lot of unanswered questions when you’d hoped to know something after your appointment. The uncertainty and waiting is really hard. I guess they can only say ‘I think’ in the absence of those biopsy results, but the fact they think it’s benign it good, as they’ll be used to seeing a lot ot lumps. Also the fact they’ll be keeping an eye on you is positive, although it probably doesn’t feel that way right now as it will mean going back in a few months. They results should be with you soon, it’s already almost a week since you went to the clinic.

Take care of yourself, try to keep busy if you can, and do share your feelings if it helps. 

All the best, Emily x